Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

moved

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Jamini wrote: »
    To be frank. Anyone not in a single trade guild, of which there are plenty looking for new members, likely either had not tried to get into a trade guild or does not have anything worth buying.

Also, any guild over fifty members has a store, even without a kiosk. You can sell things internally. (I do this if my one trade guild doesn't get a trader).

Minimum sale quotas are generally a stack or two of mats, or a few cheap motif pages, or 25 flowers a week. Chump change.

Folks that want a centralized AH are just simply lazy.

As others have said before it's not about being lazy its about a time savor which everyone can enjoy and also get the whole game in on the economy rather than just 20% of the entire game.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Jamini wrote: »
    To be frank. Anyone not in a single trade guild, of which there are plenty looking for new members, likely either had not tried to get into a trade guild or does not have anything worth buying.

Also, any guild over fifty members has a store, even without a kiosk. You can sell things internally. (I do this if my one trade guild doesn't get a trader).

Minimum sale quotas are generally a stack or two of mats, or a few cheap motif pages, or 25 flowers a week. Chump change.

Folks that want a centralized AH are just simply lazy.

As others have said before it's not about being lazy its about a time savor which everyone can enjoy and also get the whole game in on the economy rather than just 20% of the entire game.

Every trade guild I have been in was always recruiting. If a person does not have a guild is their own fault.

All you need is a handful of things to sell and a few shouts in Mournhold zone chat to find a guild.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    No
    no, but a new system would be nice. maybe a global area trader. for ex, stormhaven would have a single trader location for all of the guilds so the prices directly compete with each other. this would help the player find things faster (with a search bar cough cough) and would balance the market better imo. also I think some items should be controlled by ZOS kinda like how BDO does their economy. a item has a min and max price but the players and choose and where in the middle. the range is big enough to keep competition while making sure no item (like temps) can get extreme to lets say 20k on xbox
    DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. The main reason, and I haven't read all the comments so this might have been brought up, but if we had a global AH it would pretty much ran by bots. The way it's set up now it's pretty much impossible for a bot to use it.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    No. The main reason, and I haven't read all the comments so this might have been brought up, but if we had a global AH it would pretty much ran by bots. The way it's set up now it's pretty much impossible for a bot to use it.

But they use it anyway, they join the highest zoned guilds and constantly sell over 15m+ of Craglorn mats a week
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Tandor wrote: »
    Your experience is a perfect illustration of what's wrong with the trading system. The fact that you have made 2 million gold in a week and a half demonstrates that prices are totally out of whack. The system pours gold into the banks of those who belong to the main trading guilds and they're the only ones making enough money to buy the stuff they want so it's a self-serving system that caters for a small minority of players and excludes everyone.

[Snip]. I'm not in a "main trading guild" and prices aren't even close to outrageous in any way shape or form. [Snip].

[Snip]. Do you never collect mats? Do you even play the game? Have you even attempted selling items in zone chat? You can make money that way, you know. People eat up alchemy mats if you bothered putting in even minimal effort. [Snip].

[Edited to remove bait/flame]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 26, 2018 2:25PM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    Your experience is a perfect illustration of what's wrong with the trading system. The fact that you have made 2 million gold in a week and a half demonstrates that prices are totally out of whack. The system pours gold into the banks of those who belong to the main trading guilds and they're the only ones making enough money to buy the stuff they want so it's a self-serving system that caters for a small minority of players and excludes everyone.

[Snip]. I'm not in a "main trading guild" and prices aren't even close to outrageous in any way shape or form. [Snip].

[Snip]. Do you never collect mats? Do you even play the game? Have you even attempted selling items in zone chat? You can make money that way, you know. People eat up alchemy mats if you bothered putting in even minimal effort. [Snip].

Maybe people would rather play the game than constantly spam trade chat and use a source of listing to the public instead of worrying about selling something every hour or so in chat while trying to play. Also the fact that alot of people turn chat off in game as well so that leaves those buyers out of play as well.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 26, 2018 2:26PM
  • gminkalis_ESO
    gminkalis_ESO
    ✭✭
    No
    There are many parts of the game, with something for everyone

Overland content
    Stealing / Pickpocketing
    Dungeons / Vet Dungeons
    Trials
    Farming Materials
    Fishing
    Trading

This post is specifically created to TAKE away a part of the game that many enjoy.

I don't enjoy fishing but want perfect roe, You should take away from the fishers that profit this way to give to me
    I'm not ready for vet trials yet but want the sets, You should take away the difficulty of the content so I can get mine
    I cant stand running in circles in Hollow City so give me a way to get flowers like those that do
    I don't want to join a trade guild or learn prices so give me an auction house

All bad ideas, don't try to take away part of what I enjoy about the game lest what you enjoy come next.
    Edited by gminkalis_ESO on January 25, 2018 9:28PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Maybe people would rather play the game than constantly spam trade chat and use a source of listing to the public instead of worrying about selling something every hour or so in chat while trying to play. Also the fact that alot of people turn chat off in game as well so that leaves those buyers out of play as well.

It's almost like...using chat...doesn't stop you from playing the game. You guys really just don't want to put in any effort, do you?

"Selling in zone chat is too hard" because you don't know what Cost on Delivery is? Because copy-pasting your items for sale is too difficult?

"Trade guilds are taking all the business" that you don't try to get through zone, and that you could easily get in on by joining a free trade guild

"I don't want to join a trade guild" despite plenty of them having no or low fees, and still providing plenty of income no matter where their location is

Seriously, ESO's trading is so accessible to anyone who gives half a damn. Go join a guild, consistently put up your extra farmed mats in the store. There you go! That's all you have to do to succeed. Enjoy getting gold for that passive farming everyone does. Go fishing for Roe, it's relaxing and easy. Go fight world bosses and dolmens in zones with good loot, pop up good drops in zone chat. Go enjoy the WB groups in Wrothgar and Vvardenfell, the motifs sell well and quickly.

There is literally nothing stopping you from making money from selling things except yourself.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    @Jhalin

Damn right.

Hell, if you are in any one guild over 50 members you can just put your mats up in your guild store and go.

"/g3 Hey guys, I have some cheap mats up on our guild store if you want to grab them."

I'm willing to bet one of your friends would snap them up if they are reasonably priced and something people actually want.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • sho_nuff
    sho_nuff
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I tend to yes, although I really like the guild store system. However, and it's a big however for me, I think it's not very effective on the PS4. Everyone says to use TTC, and it adds a lot of ease of use. However, TTC has virtually no presence on the PS4.

I assume the majority of players are like me. I only have so much time in the day. If I'm looking to buy, which is most of the time, I check the capitals, Rawlkha, Belkarth, and that's about it. Sometimes some of the others, but not often.

So if I'm not looking at buying at any other place, I also don't have hopes for selling there, either.

So if not a global AH, I think a global search could add viability to the off-key locations. At least on the PS4.
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

It's almost like...using chat...doesn't stop you from playing the game. You guys really just don't want to put in any effort, do you?

Oh, sweet irony, given the context of ZOS being too sloppy and neglectful to finally fix one of the most basic game systems in an mmo.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Demycilian wrote: »

Oh, sweet irony, given the context of ZOS being too sloppy and neglectful to finally fix one of the most basic game systems in an mmo.

Except there's nothing to fix in regards to ESO's economy. There is zero argument to be made for a gutting of the current system for a global market, definitely not for the PC crowd.

The populations are too high, the competition even higher. You think the game server could even handle a consolidated location of ALL transactions in the game? You think you're ever gonna get the cheap items when EVERYONE is buying from the same place at the same time? What a joke.
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Except there's nothing to fix in regards to ESO's economy. There is zero argument to be made for a gutting of the current system for a global market, definitely not for the PC crowd.

The populations are too high, the competition even higher. You think the game server could even handle a consolidated location of ALL transactions in the game? You think you're ever gonna get the cheap items when EVERYONE is buying from the same place at the same time? What a joke.

Thanks for taking the time to type up some unsubstantiated claims, i suppose. Keep it coming.
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The community needs a system that puts more players on equal footing to access the selling economy.

This solution doesn't have to be a global auction house. I like the idea of the kiosks. We may just need more kiosks each with a different level of access depending on quality of guild i.e, number of active members, length of time guild created, quality of items listed or sold, etc. and for those kiosks that are solo, add more kiosks or allow multiple guilds access to same kiosk.

Or create a portal via the Assistant mechanic that we can pull out and wander around Tamriel and random players can purchase from us instantly. And activate vendors from existing houses that we can click and buy from anyone who owns that house that listed items for sale in their house vendor.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I agree. GW2 had much better servers.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on January 25, 2018 10:22PM
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    For the 7 millionth time, no.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

Thanks for taking the time to type up some unsubstantiated claims, i suppose. Keep it coming.

Alright, what's wrong with it then? Enlighten me as to why you are so completely incapable of interacting with the entire system. You've claimed it's monopolizing all the money in the game, which sounds like tin foil hat nonsense, but I'll humor you, so explain how centralizing everything in one spot for easy sniping and reposting by quite literally one or two people will stop that problem.

How about you explain why you think placing every listing in one location is going to help people buy items for what you claim would be "reasonable prices". That listing theyre clicking Buy on has probably already been purchased, and what they want is a fast moving product, that might happen five times before they just give up and go to a pricier listing.

[Snip].

[Edited to remove flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 26, 2018 2:27PM
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    An auction hourse or central trader for all traders in that zone would eliminate the annoying zone chat selling, which I myself have done sometimes but cringe when I do because I hate it. Sorry for being annoying in zone chat selling.
    -- PS4 NA --

Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    [Snip].

Sure would be easy to macro that *** if you never had to make it move anywhere else to buy everything.

[Edited to remove flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 26, 2018 2:27PM
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Alright, what's wrong with it then? Enlighten me as to why you are so completely incapable of interacting with the entire system. You've claimed it's monopolizing all the money in the game, which sounds like tin foil hat nonsense, but I'll humor you, so explain how centralizing everything in one spot for easy sniping and reposting by quite literally one or two people will stop that problem.

How about you explain why you think placing every listing in one location is going to help people buy items for what you claim would be "reasonable prices". That listing theyre clicking Buy on has probably already been purchased, and what they want is a fast moving product, that might happen five times before they just give up and go to a pricier listing.

[Snip].

Sorry, good sir, im not in the business of repeating observable facts witnessed and presented by many others over and over again. Especially not to someone dealing in the modest trade of baseless claims and hillariously poor trolling.

Dear ZOS, to have people like this defend your decisions should, indeed, ring an alarm bell. Not to mention the fact how the call of your playerbase for an overhaul of the trade system just wont die down. It is that bad.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 26, 2018 2:28PM
  • Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I cant find anything for a single character I am leveling....ever....nobody wastes time selling to the lower levels. With an auction house people would....there is a market there. Always has been always will be. Because of the system here with a tight lock down held by the "elite", there are just a few prime places to sell things, held by those "elite". With an auction house anyone could sell what they want. The way it is now I cant sell SQUAT. I cant try to sell squat. Nobody can buy anything from me and I cant buy what I need....because only "some" things are "worth" selling. The bottom line is this system is ridiculous.....
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Artanisul wrote: »
    I cant find anything for a single character I am leveling....ever....nobody wastes time selling to the lower levels. With an auction house people would....there is a market there. Always has been always will be. Because of the system here with a tight lock down held by the "elite", there are just a few prime places to sell things, held by those "elite". With an auction house anyone could sell what they want. The way it is now I cant sell SQUAT. I cant try to sell squat. Nobody can buy anything from me and I cant buy what I need....because only "some" things are "worth" selling. The bottom line is this system is ridiculous.....

There is some validity to this, but it can be relieved by allowing more than 30 items. I would like to sell low level items but cannot spare the space for low level over others that are max valued with only 30 slots.
    -- PS4 NA --

Guild:

Online:
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    In my mind, the best solution would be for the vendors to pay about 50 percent of what they charge the player. If the vendor sells an item for 2500 gold, similar items should be about 1250 to sell to the vendors. That would leave the guild trading system in tact while allowing players without a guild to get decent returns from their loot.

The traders inventory would not even change that much because the popular sets are still going to fetch better prices than the weak sets, which you would be able to sell instead of automatically deconning or researching.
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would like to be able to buy what I need/want without having to run through every zone in game.

I would also like to be able to sell what I don't want without having to join whichever guild has the best spot.
  • Cheveyo
    Cheveyo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Azurya wrote: »
    and let me tell you why:

an auctionshouse like in WoW makes no sense, because we have here MILLIONS of Gamers on ONE server!!!
    and ofc then also MILLIONS of OFFERS in an auctionshouse, it will take you hours to find and buy something,
    after 2 days all trade comes to an END!

so pls NO!

You've never played WoW.

Or you're trying to appeal to realism. And we can point out that our characters started in another dimension without their souls and fought a daedric prince to get our soul back.

I can chuck a spear of light at my enemies. Go away with that realism bullcrap.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Turelus wrote: »
    What a new and refreshing thread debate! *smack the dead horse a few times*

As for the debate/poll.

No I don't want one, I like the current system but do agree it ned improvements. Especially with data and UI.

LOL. Like these threads do not provide enough entertainment from those attempting to justify changing ESO's economy, you had to add a good dose of additional good humor.
    Edited by idk on January 26, 2018 12:29AM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Cheveyo wrote: »
    Azurya wrote: »
    and let me tell you why:

an auctionshouse like in WoW makes no sense, because we have here MILLIONS of Gamers on ONE server!!!
    and ofc then also MILLIONS of OFFERS in an auctionshouse, it will take you hours to find and buy something,
    after 2 days all trade comes to an END!

so pls NO!

You've never played WoW.

Or you're trying to appeal to realism. And we can point out that our characters started in another dimension without their souls and fought a daedric prince to get our soul back.

I can chuck a spear of light at my enemies. Go away with that realism bullcrap.

Also its been working in WoW for the past 13 years, "2 days" really.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Why cant we buy the items in fair price and save player time .

Time is money , ZOS think about it , we are human , we also have a lot of stuffs to do in real life .
    We dont mind to sub , please do something meaningful .
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Id be fine with it. Works well in other games.

If really like a search function... looking at you motifs