Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

• badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Polls like this will always be an inaccurate representation of the forums opinion because this topic has been beaten to death for so long that a fair number of people opposed to it wont even bother reading past the title, let alone voting and commenting. But on the other side, anyone who supports the idea will likely jump at the chance to push their adjenda.

If you ask the same question over and over for years, eventually some people will get sick of repeatedly saying no and simply ignore the topic altogether.
    Edited by badmojo on February 1, 2018 2:45PM
    [DC/NA]
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    badmojo wrote: »
    Polls like this will always be an inaccurate representation of the forums opinion because this topic has been beaten to death for so long that a fair number of people opposed to it wont even bother reading past the title, let alone voting and commenting. But on the other side, anyone who supports the idea will likely jump at the chance to push their adjenda.

If you ask the same question over and over for years, eventually some people will get sick of repeatedly saying no and simply ignore the topic altogether.

Or actually do something about it and listen to the community before there isn't one left later
    Options
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

Or actually do something about it and listen to the community before there isn't one left later

Blindly listening to the community would be the worst thing ZOS could do. Don't get me wrong, ther are a lot of good ideas on the forums. But holy hell are there a lot of bad ones. Like a global auction house. Or nerfing literally every single skill in the game. Or adding ridiculous, stupid classes. I'm glad ZOS isn't so easily swayed.
    Edited by Nihility42 on February 1, 2018 2:50PM
    Options
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They could make it more cumbersome and obtuse if they wanted even less players to use and enjoy it.
    Edited by Motherball on February 1, 2018 2:52PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

They are listening to the community. ZOS picks one idea or the other. The forum is split. ZOS has picked one. There isn't even a reason to change that pick. They have even said they are not going to change that pick.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 1, 2018 2:52PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Tandor wrote: »
    Moderators ..... Can you start closing these threads as soon as they pop up? Good moderators.

Why? There's a good honest debate going on in polite terms, about a subject on which opinion is currently evenly divided. The fact that the subject keeps coming up signifies that it's not a resolved issue. Would you adopt the same reasoning to close all threads about lag in Cyrodiil, for example? Or the merits or otherwise of Crown Crates? Those are also old chestnuts but they keep coming up because a lot of people continue to be concerned about them, and it's just the same with the trading system. Stifling discussion won't make it a better or more popular system.

I agree this is a polite debate but it is a very stale subject. The reason I feel it needs to be moderated is that it has not brought anything new to the discussion. If people were bringing new arguments or points of view to the table I would be of a different mind. Regurgitating the same thing over and over is very rarely helpful or healthy.
    ZOS have made a decision on how they want trading to work in their game and as you have rightly pointed out not everyone agrees with their method and many people have tried to change their mind and have ultimately failed. Sometimes in life you have to accept that you can not control everything. Insert random horse flogging meme here......

Now comparing this to Cyro lag is a bit hollow at best. Lag is not a design feature, it is a nasty side effect at best and a at worst it is some inefficient code. I know some ZOS haters may claim otherwise but I am confident that ZOS did not design the lag into their PVP arena. I completely understand the multiple threads on that topic for the simple fact is it is not working as intended.

Comparing it to the clown crates is perhaps more apt but yes I have a similar view on that. As you can probably tell from my naming convention I am not a fan of them, I have never bought any and only opened my free crates for various events. I abstain from buying them, I have commented my displeasure in the past but I do not constantly repeat myself. ZOS have selected a business model and from what I can tell they are making it work, I accept that enough people are using it to make it worth ZOS`s while so what is the purpose of people constantly banging on about it? Again if people have a new or fresh angle to approach this from them I am all ears (or eyes considering the medium) but beyond that its time to insert another horse being flogged well past the point of its expiration.

Repeating yourself until you are blue in the face does not invoke any positive change either.

I hope that answers the questions?

Kind Regards
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I simply think it's unnecessary cumbersome and not transparent. I participated more in the economies of other games that were more convenient, both selling and buying. People who actually focus on trading as their style of play will always have an edge over others, they should not feel threatened.

It's unique for sure. So was the whole three different alliances idea before One Tamriel, nice on paper, not practical (the PvE part).

Another 2c down the drain. :p
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options