The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dark Deal and update 17

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So its gonna be fun watching sorcs spam dark deal for 7s after gaining immunity..

PC EU
PvP only
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely broken. Dark deal and pets must be excluded from these changes.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    7s after breaking free and another 10 because of immov potion.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CC Break->Hardened Ward->Dark Deal - sorc just got full health, full stam & there's nothing you can do about it :neutral:

Gotta kill them in one burst or it's a waste of time to even CC.
    Edited by DDuke on January 20, 2018 2:17PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Nope. Dark Deal and Pets are practically useless against savvy players in PvP because of bash/interrupt abuse. Why do you want to keep these skills useless?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Dark Deal and Pets are practically useless against savvy players in PvP because of bash/interrupt abuse. Why do you want to keep these skills useless?

Facepalm.jpg
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be okay with this if shield stacking was not present
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Facepalm.jpg

So you think it's OK that Sorcs' only strong class heals can be endlessly negated with interrupts? Really?

Edited by Emma_Overload on January 20, 2018 2:33PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So is Snipe, every other channel and cast time power. But the sustain granted by Dark Deal is just too much with the heavy nerfs to sustain Dark Deal was strong but controlable now with immunity Dark Deal we make Sorcerers unstoppable.

That’s not a wild claim sadly turning the mountain of magic Sorcs have to stamina for more blocking and CC breaks and health is game breaking. Nightblade loss Sap Tanks and most other Tank builds when Siphoning Attacks was nerfed to ground. The claim that Nightblade would never run out of resources was true but if only if you fought smart and was fighting a group.

No smart play is needed for Dark Deal now cast it anywhere at anytime don’t get bashed and you gain potion levels of resources for pools you neglected. Get bashed simply recast for the next 7 seconds with no problem.
    So long as you cast with half stamina you will never run out. Crowd Controls now need to be redefined cause any good player knows the time of all CCs is the one second it takes to break it or the game locking you in CC cause lag or bug. This was a way to burn stamina but now one class is immune to that.
    Edited by kendellking_chaosb14_ESO on January 20, 2018 2:44PM
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is 3 seconds of opening right after you interrupt. The sorcerer wont be able to cast dark deal in that time.
    If the same mechanic occurred during CC immunity (only once) it would be a counterplay
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    There is 3 seconds of opening right after you interrupt. The sorcerer wont be able to cast dark deal in that time.
    If the same mechanic occurred during CC immunity (only once) it would be a counterplay

True but the Sorcerer could not be CC and if they cast at or before half stamina mark they will simply not run out of stamina. Most Sorcerer can go for 10 seconds with a sliver of Health with shields back to back. So the three seconds lock out is not even useful. Add in Lightning Form and the Surge heal you regain enough health to Bolt CC and cap off stamina and Health.

For the King of Argonia
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The magicka morph is not that great, yes and can use buffs (other than being uninterruptable). Because it costs stamina that magicka Sorcerers do not have unless you do some crazy build that can't kill anyone anyways.

But Dark Deal, the morph that restores stamina and health is completely broken for stamina Sorcs. They are so slippery already and with this change, they can just restore all their ressources in your face. Because they don't need magicka in order to survive.

And as for pets, I never had problems summoning them when I know what I am doing. But now, you can do it without thinking twice about it. I don't mind them being unbashable, just saying that it's not necessary.
    Edited by Dracane on January 20, 2018 3:03PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least it wont be 15 sec of immunity.
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    At least it wont be 15 sec of immunity.

That’s like saying on you got stabbed well at least you were not shot. How about no stabs? Things can always be worst that’s not an excuse for not making them better.

For the King of Argonia
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The magicka morph is not that great, yes and can use buffs (other than being uninterruptable). Because it costs stamina that magicka Sorcerers do not have unless you do some crazy build that can't kill anyone anyways.

But Dark Deal, the morph that restores stamina and health is completely broken for stamina Sorcs. They are so slippery already and with this change, they can just restore all their ressources in your face. Because they don't need magicka in order to survive.

And as for pets, I never had problems summoning them when I know what I am doing. But now, you can do it without thinking twice about it. I don't mind them being unbashable, just saying that it's not necessary.

I strongly disagree with pets.

Actually on Live, if you don't run crazy damage like your build, but a more sustainable openword build set up, people are able to burst the pet quickly and if they have a gap closer, they will ALWAYS interrupt you if they are good. The 1.5s cooldown is too long. Even if you stun the ennemi by streaking into him then directly cast your pets, he will have the time to break the cc, gap close you and interrupt you.

Seriously, good people, even in open world knows they need to kill the pets, and they will ALWAYS interrupt you. Even if you streak twice, they will kill the second pet while you are casting the first.

You didn't meet the right people Dracane, you spend a lot of time in Imperial city with the imperial city set, I spend most of my time in cyrdodil and duels area, the most thing that's making pet sorc useless is that cast time interruptable. I spend a lot of time in cyrodil, and people hwo knows me focus my pets first, because they know it's an auto win, I will never be able to recast it because this is mathematically impossible to do if the ennemy react proprely.

Pet sorc can be HARD countered like it, and there is nothing you can do when someone build proprely kill your pet and interrupt you.

You are a very good pet sorc, but trust me, when someone knows how to kill a pet sorc, unless you have everything into damage, you will not be able to save your pet and your ass.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Actually on Live, if you don't run crazy damage like your build, but a more sustainable openword build set up, people are able to burst the pet quickly and if they have a gap closer, they will ALWAYS interrupt you if they are good. The 1.5s cooldown is too long. Even if you stun the ennemi by streaking into him then directly cast your pets, he will have the time to break the cc, gap close you and interrupt you.

Seriously, good people, even in open world knows they need to kill the pets, and they will ALWAYS interrupt you. Even if you streak twice, they will kill the second pet while you are casting the first.

You didn't meet the right people Dracane, you spend a lot of time in Imperial city with the imperial city set, I spend most of my time in cyrdodil and duels area, the most thing that's making pet sorc useless is that cast time interruptable. I spend a lot of time in cyrodil, and people hwo knows me focus my pets first, because they know it's an auto win, I will never be able to recast it because this is mathematically impossible to do if the ennemy react proprely.

Pet sorc can be HARD countered like it, and there is nothing you can do when someone build proprely kill your pet and interrupt you.

You are a very good pet sorc, but trust me, when someone knows how to kill a pet sorc, unless you have everything into damage, you will not be able to save your pet and your ass.

Sheesh.. still going on about pets sorc being weak? Ask Dusk for some tips on how to play one :D

I can tell it's far from easy to interrupt pet cast when the sorc is dropping atronachs left & right while standing behind mines - interrupts are realistically only a real problem vs people with Crushing Shock/Venom Arrow slotted. Of course if you try to recast them in melee range it's going to end up poorly against a decent player...
    Edited by DDuke on January 20, 2018 4:37PM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Sheesh.. still going on about pets sorc being weak? Ask Dusk for some tips on how to play one :D

I can tell it's far from easy to interrupt pet cast when the sorc is dropping atronachs left & right while standing behind mines - interrupts are realistically only a real problem vs people with Crushing Shock/Venom Arrow slotted. Of course if you try to recast them in melee range it's going to end up poorly against a decent player...

shhhhhhhh, come on live, I will learn you how to kill a pet sorc. Now stop saying *** about pet sorc please.

I can show you how easy it's to interrupt a pet sorc, if you don't trust me come on live and I show you.

"Of course if you try to recast them in melee range it's going to end up poorly against a decent player..."
    Even with a streak stuning the ennemy, the cast time is too long, people can break, gap close or streak to you then interrupt you.

A pet sorc doesn't always have an atronach ready and overload ultimate + mines on it. And outside of a 1v1 perspective, there is nothing difficult to interupt someone. Every pet sorc aren't using a full damage build made for duel situations only.

Edited by Aedaryl on January 20, 2018 4:58PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

shhhhhhhh, come on live, I will learn you how to kill a pet sorc. Now stop saying *** about pet sorc please.

I can show you how easy it's to interrupt a pet sorc, if you don't trust me come on live and I show you.

"Of course if you try to recast them in melee range it's going to end up poorly against a decent player..."
    Even with a streak stuning the ennemy, the cast time is too long, people can break, gap close or streak to you then interrupt you.

A pet sorc doesn't always have an atronach ready and overload ultimate + mines on it. And outside of a 1v1 perspective, there is nothing difficult to interupt someone. Every pet sorc aren't using a full damage build made for duel situations only.

You sound triggered lol.

Look, first of all most S&B Clown King meta builds don't run gap closer - it's the reason even bow (which uses a cast time ability far more often...) is playable in duels currently.

Second, if you do run into a build with a gap closer, all you've gotta do is keep that in mind when you next BoL & drop mines. You simply cast Wrath, Frag proc (as they're in the gap closer animation) & they're either rip (very likely) when they hit the mines, or they have to dodge roll back & play defensive which lets you resummon pets np.
    If you don't play a high dmg build capable of bursting people down, that's probably your problem - you need to make people afraid of using gap closers, that's how all builds with cast time abilities function.

Third, I don't know what build you're playing, but most pet sorc builds have almost 100% uptime on atronach (even before the duration buff coming in this update) and don't need to run mines on overload bar.

I'm not super experienced with magicka sorc, but even I know this...

You should ask people like @Derra or Dusk for tips on how to play pet sorc, they beat most people in duels.

On my DK, pet sorcs are pretty much the only type of sorc capable of killing me. I'm not saying they're "op" (the only thing in the game that I'd call "op" currently is S&B on stam builds), I'm saying they're in a good spot when piloted properly.
    Edited by DDuke on January 20, 2018 5:40PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo it´s fine for dark deal BUT darkdeal should get a 2s stacking resource return decrease of 20% - meaning it can be spammed for healing but not to gain massive amounts of resources back.

Why do i think its fine otherwise? It´s the sorcs resource return mechanic and needs to be vaible against competent opponents aswell (which it currently is not).
    Edited by Derra on January 20, 2018 6:17PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Brutal .
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

There's no interruption and thus no opening or cooldown. Cast Dark Deal after breaking free or under the influence of an immovable pot.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You resummon them after you stun your opponent/s, not when they are still on you.
    You just have to learn. And before you make assumption, it would be needed to say, that I have very well experienced more than just the Imperial City. I have duelled alot, more than you. Just because I don't do it anymore, doesn't mean that I wasn't able to gather experience from it.

Anyway. Interrupting a pet Sorcerer can be very easy sometimes, but sometimes also tricky and that's without them performing great peaces of art. If pets become unbashable now, then I take the buff, especially the increased movement speed while casting.
    You will notice that when people kill your pet, they will spam bash on you. Because they are fools and think, that you are stupid enough to try and recast them. Don't be. Keep calm and don't show them that you panic, as they will exploit it. Just pretend like everything is normal and take the chance. Of course nothing of that will matter anymore from now on :)
    Edited by Dracane on January 20, 2018 6:58PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id be fine if the immunetime was 3s, same as the cooldown to use the skill again, but 7s is a joke, for any of the cast time skills/spells, but with dark deal its ridiculous.

If you have 60%+ health when you gain the immunity and you have resources to cast dark deal (as a stamsorc) 3-4 times during that time you will be back to full hp and full stam within that time....the kicker is...theres nothing the oponent can do about it except stand and watch as he spams deal.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third, I don't know what build you're playing, but most pet sorc builds have almost 100% uptime on atronach (even before the duration buff coming in this update) and don't need to run mines on overload bar.

This is not true though. After the Atronach's duration is over, you will have regained roughly half of the cost and only the duration of the charged atronach has been increased, which nobody uses. The greater Atronach is still at 28s duration, which is enough for 50% uptime.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    eeeh.. I knew it before I even tested it.

Truth is I was gonna make a thread about this but I didn't want to deal with angry, sweaty sorc mains so I gave up.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eeeh.. I knew it before I even tested it.

Truth is I was gonna make a thread about this but I didn't want to deal with angry, sweaty sorc mains so I gave up.

Many Sorc mains seem to feel the same way though.
    I guess the fear mostly comes from the fact that dark deal will most likely not be nerfed alone (if it will be nerfed) but the entire dark exchange abiliity, while only that one particular morph is troublesome.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you're gonna run sorc, mines, conversion and pets?

So like... You're gonna have 3 abilities?

And that's too much? You think dark Conversion while tied to a sorc is too much?

When you have power lash, major everything, purge, NBs etc...

Ok.

Maybe if wardens NBs and Dks didn't exist conversion would be too much
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be alright with the 7s immunity after using Stamina to break free since Stam Sorc has been in kind of a bad place for a while balance wise but the additional time to spam Dark Deal during the 10s Immunity from Immov potions is way too much. It lets you pop a potion then use Dark Deal uninterrupted to get back full health and stamina every time.

Immovability potions need to be taken out of the game. They are banned from every dueling tournament for a reason. They are broken and remove counter-play. It's too much uptime on CC immunity when you have 7s from break free then another 10s after a potion. CC'ing is one of the only ways to kill tough players otherwise the fight can just go on forever and Immovable pots are another one of those things you're forced to run because the other guy is using them just like with cost increase poisons, another cancer that needs to be gone from PvP.
    Edited by Twohothardware on January 20, 2018 8:44PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be alright with the 7s immunity after using Stamina to break free since Stam Sorc has been in kind of a bad place for a while balance wise but the additional time to spam Dark Deal during the 10s Immunity from Immov potions is way too much. It lets you pop a potion then use Dark Deal uninterrupted to get back full health and stamina every time.

Immovability potions need to be taken out of the game. They are banned from every dueling tournament for a reason. They are broken and remove counter-play. It's too much uptime on CC immunity when you have 7s from break free then another 10s after a potion. CC'ing is one of the only ways to kill tough players otherwise the fight can just go on forever and Immovable pots are another one of those things you're forced to run because the other guy is using them just like with cost increase poisons, another thing that needs to be gone from PvP.

I'm like conversion 1.7 sec

Attack 1 sec

Cast ward plus conversion 2.7 sec

2 7k attacks 2 sec

Wtf r you worried about.?

You should kill him faster than he can heal. Unless he Los or ur a potato
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Immovability potions need to be taken out of the game. They are banned from every dueling tournament for a reason. They are broken and remove counter-play. It's too much uptime on CC immunity when you have 7s from break free then another 10s after a potion. CC'ing is one of the only ways to kill tough players otherwise the fight can just go on forever and Immovable pots are another one of those things you're forced to run because the other guy is using them just like with cost increase poisons, another thing that needs to be gone from PvP.

Attack 1 sec

2 7k attacks 2 sec

That's not how it works out against a high skill Stam Sorc that can get off multiple Dark Deal without interrupt. He's getting healing from Rally, Vigor, maybe even running Troll King and Crit Surge and they're almost always in a tanky heavy armor build like Seventh Legion that also returns heals.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Attack 1 sec

2 7k attacks 2 sec

That's not how it works out against a high skill Stam Sorc that can get off multiple Dark Deal without interrupt. He's getting healing from Rally, Vigor, maybe even running Troll King and Crit Surge and they're almost always in a tanky heavy armor build like Seventh Legion that also returns heals.

And you're running nothzing yourself? (Also I will say my previous posts do not refer to Stam Sorc but rather mag sorc - which may or may not make what I said irrelevant)

Those Stam sets (such as 7th) do make a difference.

I just don't see a sorc being all pumped on conversion with whips or Merc's flying
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds