The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Dark Deal and update 17

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    It´s basically impossible to loose both pets on a petsorc against a single opponent. If you did you made a mistake.
    However if you have one pet it´s not possible for the opponent to kill said pet without the sorc recasting their other pet. As soon as you get attro up you should be able to recast all you want.

I don´t think fragments is even remotely required on petsorc nowadays. The skill is absolutely obsolete since it no longer stuns. Same goes for fury. Fury is the skill i deslot first for anything resembling a dueling situation even on "normal" sorc builds.

That being said. I respecced away from pets again bc those little idiots are nowadays worse than they ever were open world.
    They get simply stuck on rocks and take sometimes 5+ minutes to reappear even through multiple passive/attack cycles.
    Whoever designed them in their current form should be fired.

Yeah, the point to kill a pet sorc is killing the matriarch, so you the sorc can no longer heal and will die from residual damage that broke the shield. Atro can help to recast the pet but true player will interrupt you. People seems to forget I'm an experienced pet sorc and the things I'm affirmating that strong are things I've tested for hours. Not things about a class I don't know well and I thing that's true.

Fragment isn't that BiS yeah, but here is why I think it should stay on the bar :

For peopel like DDuke hwo doesn't know, the basic burst of a pet sorc is : pet pulse (8s), then at 6s use deadric pray (6s), 2s before deadric pray fire, use fury if it's slotted, then add an atronach, then use your procced frag. The fury and atronach are optional.

The pet pulse will stun your ennemi and the magic thing is you don't left the time to use a stun before the burst fire, you gain 1s. So the curse, the frag, the pet pulse, the atronach, and the fury explosion will fire at the exactly same moment and here is why the pet sorc have the best burst of sorc toolkit.

The frag damage is equal to the damage of the final pet pulse + flame clench. The pet sorc burst is better because it's add the pet damage in the general sorc burst, using flame clench and no frag is in term of damage like doing a classical non pet sorc frag + curse burst. I think it's not worth it because the classical sorc will have the same damage burst than the non frag pet sorc, but the classical sorc can burst every 3.5s and is far more viable in the defensive side.

Pet sorc identity is the better burst than classical pet sorc but with less defenses. If you remove the damage by deleting frag, there is no reason expect fun to play pet sorc.

Also, since the pet will stun for you, you don't need other stun to set up your burst. But i'm agree with you than having a 8s set up stun is not good outnumbered, where stuning people at the moment you want is very strong. Maybe the best idea is to use Frag and clench instead of frag and force pulse.

About fury, I agree you don't really need it in 1v1 since you burst is on a stun, you can light attack/force pulse when the ennemi is breaking free if he survive the burst. However, in open world and in group, If I'm the only sorc, I feel don't using it is very selfish and outside my heal, there is nothing I can bring to my teamates...

Also, I think you don't know the best add-on for pet sorc : it's "Pet Dismiss" (http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1314-PetDismiss.html)

This allow you unsumon (matriach, scamp, or both) pets when they are stuck by pressing one button. This will really improve your pet sorc gameplay in cyrodiil and avoid that minutes you spend to fight without pets.
    Edited by Aedaryl on January 21, 2018 3:09PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Id be fine if the immunetime was 3s, same as the cooldown to use the skill again, but 7s is a joke, for any of the cast time skills/spells, but with dark deal its ridiculous.

If you have 60%+ health when you gain the immunity and you have resources to cast dark deal (as a stamsorc) 3-4 times during that time you will be back to full hp and full stam within that time....the kicker is...theres nothing the oponent can do about it except stand and watch as he spams deal.

LOL, what would be the point of setting the cooldown AND the immunity to 3 seconds... the Sorc would NEVER be able to complete a cast of an interrupted spell!

Channeled spells should always be interruptible. Period. End of discussion. Please stop the bad players from casting in my face.

If you can’t get a spell off, seriously L2P.

You get streak. You get major or minor expedition with lightning form/hurricane. You can withdraw and LOS. You can dodge roll. You can CC the other guy with rune cage. You can resto ult and enjoy a few seconds of god mode while you escape. There is so much counterplay that we don’t need the immunity window. Stop it!

If you are a Sorc that cant channel it is your fault alone.

it's not that simple. Because everything is interruptible, I rarely see Templar using Dark Flare or Healing Ritual. Well, Healing Ritual still will be bad but I can at least cast this dodgeable long-travel Dark Flare safely. When you casting, you vulnurable, and it's not *my* fault. Should I only strike from rocks and walls like now? I actually don't like such a niche skills.

You know I play a Templar. Do you think we should be able to Jesus Beam in people's faces when the one big counterplay we screamed was available in the hundreds of "RD OP" threads is no longer there?

I think ZoS went the wrong way here. They are trying to make Channeled skills viable not by making the spells good or desirable to cast, rather by removing essential counterplay to them.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id be fine if the immunetime was 3s, same as the cooldown to use the skill again, but 7s is a joke, for any of the cast time skills/spells, but with dark deal its ridiculous.

If you have 60%+ health when you gain the immunity and you have resources to cast dark deal (as a stamsorc) 3-4 times during that time you will be back to full hp and full stam within that time....the kicker is...theres nothing the oponent can do about it except stand and watch as he spams deal.

LOL, what would be the point of setting the cooldown AND the immunity to 3 seconds... the Sorc would NEVER be able to complete a cast of an interrupted spell!

Channeled spells should always be interruptible. Period. End of discussion. Please stop the bad players from casting in my face.

You get streak. You get major or minor expedition with lightning form/hurricane. You can withdraw and LOS. You can dodge roll. You can CC the other guy with rune cage. You can resto ult and enjoy a few seconds of god mode while you escape. There is so much counterplay that we don’t need the immunity window. Stop it!

it's not that simple. Because everything is interruptible, I rarely see Templar using Dark Flare or Healing Ritual. Well, Healing Ritual still will be bad but I can at least cast this dodgeable long-travel Dark Flare safely. When you casting, you vulnurable, and it's not *my* fault. Should I only strike from rocks and walls like now? I actually don't like such a niche skills.

I think ZoS went the wrong way here. They are trying to make Channeled skills viable not by making the spells good or desirable to cast, rather by removing essential counterplay to them.

couldnt have said it better myself

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know I play a Templar. Do you think we should be able to Jesus Beam in people's faces when the one big counterplay we screamed was available in the hundreds of "RD OP" threads is no longer there?

Except there aren't any channeled skills that are viable. Are we nerfing pots and adding counterplay for Jesus Beam and Dark Deal? Really?
    Edited by Xeven on January 21, 2018 3:54PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they are removing the only kind of counterplay which you have against a class which is already insanely strong in duels (petsorc)...

Realisticly dueling with specific dueling builds should not play any role in balancing efforts.

Petsorc is utter trash even below garbage tier for any pvp that does involve more than 2 players and/or does not revolve around flat terrain around a flag.

Literally the only thing someone has to do to never die to a petsorc open world is run away in a straigt line past some kind of environmental obstacle. Done.

If it´s problematic in duels - so what? It´s banned in any competetive format i´ve ever heared of since pets got buffed and it´s not like anyone forces you to duel petsorcs.
    They´re irrelevant to any argument made about balance bc there is no encounter where they´re problematic.

By that logic the game would be perfectly balanced because every class can play a draw against every class by using line of sight. I strongly disagree that petsorc is trash if more than 2 players are involved, the only reason why petsorc struggles open world is because the pets tend to stuck often, otherwise the build would be strong there as well.

There is a difference between not balancing around duels (I believe that giving every class the chance to beat every class is a better approach for good balance than these 1vX nonsense arguments but whatever) and ignore duels at all. Enabling builds which can't be beaten (and exactly this will happen to petsorc if you can't bash them anymore) is just unnecessary and is bad game design.

That´s simply wrong. The pets die as soon as there is more than one player involved. You can barely shield enough to keep them alive against 1 player.

You want to microbalance around something that´s irrelevant. The game (and sorc for that matter - even petsorc) has more glaring issues than the spec overperforming in duels.

The interrupt change is going to make petsorcs a tiny bit better open world - but it´s still going to be crap.
    Edited by Derra on January 21, 2018 5:16PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    some healing over time

LOL

You want to know what my n1 heal on magblade is in every fight i have? Siphoning attacks.
    Some healing has to be the understatement of the year regarding siphoning attacks.

There is no question that dark deal is a better kiting skill than siphoning - but actual combat use? I think some players are either oblivious how bad dark deal is in that regard or ignorant how good other classes sustain mechanics are.

Aedaryl wrote: »
    It´s basically impossible to loose both pets on a petsorc against a single opponent. If you did you made a mistake.
    However if you have one pet it´s not possible for the opponent to kill said pet without the sorc recasting their other pet. As soon as you get attro up you should be able to recast all you want.

I don´t think fragments is even remotely required on petsorc nowadays. The skill is absolutely obsolete since it no longer stuns. Same goes for fury. Fury is the skill i deslot first for anything resembling a dueling situation even on "normal" sorc builds.

That being said. I respecced away from pets again bc those little idiots are nowadays worse than they ever were open world.
    They get simply stuck on rocks and take sometimes 5+ minutes to reappear even through multiple passive/attack cycles.
    Whoever designed them in their current form should be fired.

Yeah, the point to kill a pet sorc is killing the matriarch, so you the sorc can no longer heal and will die from residual damage that broke the shield. Atro can help to recast the pet but true player will interrupt you. People seems to forget I'm an experienced pet sorc and the things I'm affirmating that strong are things I've tested for hours. Not things about a class I don't know well and I thing that's true.

I didn´t even play matriach when i used petspec. Imo it´s a manadump without real use.

People seem to misinterpret the strenghts of petsorcs. It´s not having better burst than a normal sorc. It´s having constant pressure. Burst does not matter these days. Having constant dmg on the enemy while you´re on defense is what´s important.

If you want to make a petsorc about burst you keep fury instead of fragments - but imo that´s relatively pointless aswell.

Potatos die to burst - but those die to normal sorc burst aswell. The reason to go pets is to be able to kill the players/builds a normal sorc can´t touch. Those are exclusively builds not susceptible to burst dmg. So why would you make a build that tries to maximise burst?
    Edited by Derra on January 21, 2018 5:15PM
    <Noricum>

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love it when people read 1/10 of the patch notes, then starts whining without knowing a ***. typical ESO player...

if you interupt my dark deal, my dark deal will be on a cooldown, aka I cant use it while I'm immune too your ***, becaus you INTERUPTED that ability. ***, people QQ about the most useless crap.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Completely broken. Dark deal and pets must be excluded from these changes.

Nope. Dark Deal and Pets are practically useless against savvy players in PvP because of bash/interrupt abuse. Why do you want to keep these skills useless?

Because it costs stamina that magicka Sorcerers do not have unless you do some crazy build that can't kill anyone anyways.

What a load of crap. My build (exact copy from Malcolm's) has 18k stam and I'm pretty sure I can kill plenty of people with 40k mag and 3.2k spell dmg.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Nope. Dark Deal and Pets are practically useless against savvy players in PvP because of bash/interrupt abuse. Why do you want to keep these skills useless?

Because it costs stamina that magicka Sorcerers do not have unless you do some crazy build that can't kill anyone anyways.

What a load of crap. My build (exact copy from Malcolm's) has 18k stam and I'm pretty sure I can kill plenty of people with 40k mag and 3.2k spell dmg.

That's a lot of stam :smiley:

Shackle + tri food + amber?
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    I love it when people read 1/10 of the patch notes, then starts whining without knowing a ***. typical ESO player...

if you interupt my dark deal, my dark deal will be on a cooldown, aka I cant use it while I'm immune too your ***, becaus you INTERUPTED that ability. ***, people QQ about the most useless crap.

And then you have a 7 second gap where no one can interrupt you and you can spam your channels as much as you want
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prepare for the return of Dark Flare also.
    PC EU
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first DD is usually the most critical one, bash it up.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prepare for the return of Dark Flare also.

Was actually just testing this on PTS - Dark Flare feels a lot more viable now thanks to all the changes: faster movement speed while casting, interrupt changes, unmiatification (yes, that's a word now) etc

Spinners+Caluurion is pretty deadly on magplar (even if they wind up giving Caluurion more delay), as you can Dark Flare+Purifying+Jav to proc it from afar and then follow up with Soul Assault or jbeam.

People can try and dodge the Caluurion, in which case they'll die to the beam - or they can try to block it in which case they'll probably still die due to the heal debuff & all the incoming dmg.

Still experimenting with different setups tho, but from stealth that's a pretty deadly combo. Monster set for instance is an open question, I found 2x Domihaus an interesting alternative to 2x Skoria (which can't proc from the Jav/Dark Flare, only beam and beam doesn't tick as often as sweeps for example).

It's kinda funny when you hit someone with the Caluurion proc while beaming, and the proc puts people into the execute range...
    Edited by DDuke on January 21, 2018 7:15PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The big take away for me is:

Dark Deal etc is not an issue (as in, no it's not OP)
    Sorcs are not OP
    Sorcs are not going to be OP.

Simple really
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »

And its funny when ppl read 2 lines of a forum thread and assumes what its about then proceeds to troll wrongly about it in said forum thread

PC EU
    PvP only
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorcs are not OP

Simple really
    Tell us how this won't be a Problem?
    the same way birds and shalks are fine because you can LoS them, (which you can't because shalks ignore walls, heights etc and birds are delayed enough to hit you atleast 2 times behind walls)
    or the same way destro was fine when they buffed it, fine like stamwarden, fine like proc sets and poisons?
  • frostbreeze
    frostbreeze
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hiliarious that this aedryl guy is losing duels with petsorc(most op 1v1 class)and tries so hard to say they're hard counter :P How terrible is he wtf ?
    The dark deal change is fine.Buffs 1vX so all good.Now they need to make boundless give snare immunity too :D
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs are not OP

Simple really
    the same way birds and shalks are fine because you can LoS them, (which you can't because shalks ignore walls, heights etc and birds are delayed enough to hit you atleast 2 times behind walls)
    or the same way destro was fine when they buffed it, fine like stamwarden, fine like proc sets and poisons?

Dark deal does not kill you. All the examples you made actually kill enemies. Dark deal is a defensive actions.
    It just replaces other defensive cooldowns.

I can maybe see it being problematic on stamsorc but then - not really bc stamsorc as a whole isn´t that good at the moment.
    On magsorc? Whats the difference for you? They´re getting stuck casting defensive cds wether its darkdeal or shields and they won´t run out of magica doing either.
    Edited by Derra on January 21, 2018 8:52PM
    <Noricum>

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs are not OP

Simple really

Compared to a "couple" of free power lashes, compared to unblockable 30k NB combos, compared to Perma Protection Templars, Compared to Zaan, compared to as you pointed out any Warden, as compared to Defile + CP,

Compared to that, yes it's fine
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs are not OP

Simple really

Compared to a "couple" of free power lashes, compared to unblockable 30k NB combos, compared to Perma Protection Templars, Compared to Zaan, compared to as you pointed out any Warden, as compared to Defile + CP,

Compared to stamina builds getting a free stun without slotting an ability via heavyattack + off balance for every weaponline (as heavyattacks are only reliably executeable for stam builds atm due to channel time for magica).
    <Noricum>

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I missed something. Was this in the most recent ESO Live?
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    New meta incoming - trains spamming hasty prayer instead of springs..
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorcs are not OP

Simple really

Then why not remove the crap and stop bringing new piles of sh;t to the table?
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorcs are not OP

Simple really

Dark deal does not kill you. All the examples you made actually kill enemies. Dark deal is a defensive actions.

I can maybe see it being problematic on stamsorc but then - not really bc stamsorc as a whole isn´t that good at the moment.
    On magsorc? Whats the difference for you? They´re getting stuck casting defensive cds wether its darkdeal or shields and they won´t run out of magica doing either.

Dark Deal will kill me aswell, there won't be DD in my death recap but the sorc won't die and can reset the fight as long as he wants, for zerglings this means the sorc will just stay alive with full resources until his zerg arrives to kill me. Against a good sorc i can either try to pressure him until I'm out of resources and then he can kill me because as you said they won't run out of resources spamming shields+ DD or i leave him and he can try to kill me until he finally succeeds.

Stamsorc is decent atm not at the level of stamwarden or stamnb but in a good enough spot to be pushed into op country with these changes
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shackle domi tri food actually ^^

http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=39087 Here's how I run it on live, except for the bars which I changed up a bit since overload is clunky af when you're being chased by 20 people... I'd swap the last regen glyph for a spell damage as well but I tend to duel at times and oversustaining benefits that environment quite a bit.

It's literally the best build I've ever played on her since I made her in TG. No wonder it's been theorycrafted by (imo) one of the best sorcs to ever touch this game.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorcs are not OP

Simple really

Be silent, filthy Sorc!

The point of this thread is to nerf SORC, while everyone else gets free channel casting.

That’s fair right?

PS: LOL Sorcs are overpowered. :neutral: I can’t believe potatoes are still crying about this class given our current state...
    Edited by Minalan on January 22, 2018 12:42AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shackle domi tri food actually ^^

http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=39087 Here's how I run it on live, except for the bars which I changed up a bit since overload is clunky af when you're being chased by 20 people... I'd swap the last regen glyph for a spell damage as well but I tend to duel at times and oversustaining benefits that environment quite a bit.

It's literally the best build I've ever played on her since I made her in TG. No wonder it's been theorycrafted by (imo) one of the best sorcs to ever touch this game.

Nice!
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An interrupt locks them out of using the ability right? sounds fair then
    Edited by Domander on January 22, 2018 7:11AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcs are not OP

Simple really

Dark Deal will kill me aswell, there won't be DD in my death recap but the sorc won't die and can reset the fight as long as he wants, for zerglings this means the sorc will just stay alive with full resources until his zerg arrives to kill me. Against a good sorc i can either try to pressure him until I'm out of resources and then he can kill me because as you said they won't run out of resources spamming shields+ DD or i leave him and he can try to kill me until he finally succeeds.

Stamsorc is decent atm not at the level of stamwarden or stamnb but in a good enough spot to be pushed into op country with these changes

Boy i´ve got new for you.
    You can´t pressure a sorc out of resources currently if you´re a magica build.

Also is your argument that dark deal will be op infight or while kiting?
    On a magblade you can´t even bash enough to rupt a sorc that really wants to darkdeal (source: me i´ve tried this exact scenario in duels to test).

In kiting it won´t be any different. Infight it will just buy you more offensive time. Siphoning attacks will still be a better skill to use infight than dark deal.

I´m sorry but i´m not buying these arguments from mainly nightblade players about darkdeal becoming OP just because.
    I´m playing both classes magica and stamina at the moment.
    Darkdeal becoming infight vaible for sorc won´t magically make them op and for kiting nothing changes (just keep in mind infight it´ll still be the choice between ele drain and dark deal or they give up a different ability).
    Edited by Derra on January 22, 2018 7:42AM
    <Noricum>

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak for Dark Deal, as I'm a magsorc, but I've never come up against a stamsorc spamming it that the interupt is the problem. If they stuck spamming it they aren't doing damage just burst then down, it's a slow clunky heal

As for dark conversion, same thing. It's so far from OP even with Immov its slow and clunky. If ur spamming it on the battlefield ur dead.

But man people just love to hate sorcs. Sorcs on PcP are a potato cannon and that's about it these days. If ur whining about them ur new or not that good..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP