Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

...and why Necromancers?

srnekro
srnekro
✭✭✭
Necromancers can add a ton of variety in the mechanics, while shedding some light in to the lore.

Since the Necromancers are a higlhy difficult matter to discust, I divided the concept in to two parts.

- The Lore's point of view;
- The gameplay/mechanics point of view.

Feel free to check them out, but I warn you they are pretty big, specially the lore's version.

But in short here it goes, The Necromancer is unique, because there isn't a single class in the game that can re-animate the fallen and debuff the enemy. Turning the buffs in to the debuffs and debuffs in to the buffs.

Necromancer focus on CC and buffs/debuffs rather direct damage, which they leave to their pets. They are more a support role rather damage unlike Sorcerer.

Add melee weapons to a Sorcerer and you'll have a Battle Mage. Add dual wielding and a two-handed weapon to a Dragon Knight and you'll have yoursleves a Berserker. But you can't add Necromancy to anything and spect to be a Necromancer.

A Necromancer uses Necromancy/Conjuration to summon undead minions and uses Alteration, restoration, illusion and mysticism to buff allies and CC and debuffing enemies.

ESO has too many buffs and very little debuffs, is up to zos to even the balance. Its a matter of time that they come up with something, or already came up and are just working on it. I can only hope that that something will be Necromancers.
Edited by srnekro on January 18, 2018 1:49AM
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would like a potatomancer who can summon me chips every day please
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do we really need another topic on this. lord almighty.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a skill lines instead of a new Class?
    Necromancy used to just be part of Conjuration. Now Conjuration, like destruction, is splitting apart in this system.
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    This thread again...

Anyway, I gave you insightful for the amount of work you put into this.

I'd like to see this, but I'm more than fine to use mods in single player that let me be the exact necromancer I want to be :)

PS stamina necro would be some kind of death knight or something.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't read what you said... but am inclined to agreed based on title and my desires.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No new classes please, just a weapon line related to Necromatic wands.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    22vtka.jpg
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to not think that classes were not restricting THEN I thought about why my Templar, a class based on Aedric abilities, would be using Necromancy?
    Why are elements of destruction magic split between these classes??
    I am genuinely curious why we have this class system instead of classic Elder Scroll Magic schools?

Go to about 52:00 for spellcrafting
    Go to about 1:00:00 for Classic Magic schools
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LkeMacg-b0
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srnekro wrote: »
    Necromancers can add a ton of variety in the mechanics, while shedding some light in to the lore.

Since the Necromancers are a higlhy difficult matter to discust, I divided the concept in to two parts.

- The Lore's point of view;
    - The gameplay/mechanics point of view.

Feel free to check them out, but I warn you they are pretty big, specially the lore's version.

But in short here it goes, The Necromancer is unique, because there isn't a single class in the game that can re-animate the fallen and debuff the enemy. Turning the buffs in to the debuffs and debuffs in to the buffs.

Necromancer focus on CC and buffs/debuffs rather direct damage, which they leave to their pets. They are more a support role rather damage unlike Sorcerer.

Add melee weapons to a Sorcerer and you'll have a Battle Mage. Add dual wielding and a two-handed weapon to a Dragon Knight and you'll have yoursleves a Berserker. But you can't add Necromancy to anything and spect to be a Necromancer.

A Necromancer uses Necromancy/Conjuration to summon undead minions and uses Alteration, restoration, illusion and mysticism to buff allies and CC and debuffing enemies.

ESO has too many buffs and very little debuffs, is up to zos to even the balance. Its a matter of time that they come up with something, or already came up and are just working on it. I can only hope that that something will be Necromancers.

i agree but sadly ZOS has actually been moving farther and farther away from utility and CC and doubled down on DPS mechanics. i dont think that the Necro if they ever consider adding another class. would remotely work as a CC debuff pet class. but i would love to see it implemented thar way
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh your could run a necromancer from a warden with reskins on the visual powers.
    - bear becomes undead pet
    - cliff racer becomes ghost
    - subterranean assault becomes vomiting zombies
    - etc etc
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is I thinking of Skyrim then necromancers are necroed?
    You know the guys who ran around killing wildlife and then raised the rabbits and chickens to fight for them
    Now thinking of the one hitpoint spiders in dungeons
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like a stamina necromancer would need a staff that deals physical disease damage to be complete.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I wouldn't mind Necromancy just being a skill line like Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild; BUT if they were going to make it a new class, I'd rather it get added with a different zone like one of the ones in DC area probably next year.

I'd prefer to see Psijiic added with the next expansion. It fits with the lore, perfect for Summerset and will offer more variance I think that just what will essentially be a dead pet class.

UNLESS - if they make it so you can animate a dead player in pvp, like an enemy player, and keep them from rezzing and make them fight their friends for you (even if it's just AI controlled basic attacks) - that might be worth it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS just add necromancers...

...and put them behind a 60 dollar paywall so we can have more QQ topics.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need necromancers because everyone needs a buddy.

39046981964_467043f51a_c.jpg
    Don't you love how he's dressed for the Bleakrock cold weather, except for his frost-bitten toes that are hanging out? :p

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 18, 2018 6:41AM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are dead on

You raise a good point

• srnekro
    srnekro
    ✭✭✭
    I see a great waste of this beautiful profession goes to just one skill line. That would be the same to take out Daedric Summoning from Sorcerer and the animal companions from Warden and put on a skill line for all the other classes. They would lose their essence, what makes them unique, the same thing goes for Necromancers.

Necromancer has a great potential to be a class instead of a skill line. I can see the branches already. One for Restoration/Alteration to inflict diseases and boons. Other for Necromancy(Conjuration) To summon the risen dead. And finally one with Illusion/Mysticism to inflict the curses, cc and debuff. I can't see how all of this can fit in just one skill line.
  • srnekro
    srnekro
    ✭✭✭
    EYxfGU8.jpg
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have the ppl who are asking for necro ever played pet sorc. Pets have terrible AI and are many times nothing but hinderence, but ppl still ask for mostly pet class.
  • srnekro
    srnekro
    ✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Have the ppl who are asking for necro ever played pet sorc. Pets have terrible AI and are many times nothing but hinderence, but ppl still ask for mostly pet class.

I've played, and still playing BECAUSE of the pets. And yes, it doesn't feel like a Necromancer at all. And yes, the pet AI should be improved. But that's not enough to keep me off playing with them and even less asking for more :)
  • srnekro
    srnekro
    ✭✭✭
    22vtka.jpg

sometimes, to do some good, we gotta be the bad guy :)
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would like a potatomancer who can summon me chips every day please

Nuggetmancer please
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't mind Necromancy just being a skill line like Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild; BUT if they were going to make it a new class, I'd rather it get added with a different zone like one of the ones in DC area probably next year.

I'd prefer to see Psijiic added with the next expansion. It fits with the lore, perfect for Summerset and will offer more variance I think that just what will essentially be a dead pet class.

UNLESS - if they make it so you can animate a dead player in pvp, like an enemy player, and keep them from rezzing and make them fight their friends for you (even if it's just AI controlled basic attacks) - that might be worth it.

If by psijic you mean a member of the psijic order then no, it's simply a too rare (and powerful) order, having thousands of members would be worse than thousands of orcs running around in manimarco armor on the summerset isles.
    Argonian masterrace
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just can't wait for the Nerf Necro posts.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srnekro wrote: »
    I see a great waste of this beautiful profession goes to just one skill line...
    I see a great waste in beautiful characters being denied new stuff because people want whole new classes.
    Which necromancers are not, not in the elder scrolls lore anyhow. Not a "profession" either, more like... a crime. ;)

In the elder scrolls lore, they are truly all about animating dead bodies and summoning the spirits of the dead.
    As well as a mere subset to conjuration magic.
    And generally about as welcome then any assassin... (not that this ever stopped us from joining the dark brotherhood. Or creating a flesh atronarch during the mainquest!)

Which IS why I keep suggesting them as mere "prestige class" style option for sorcerors to specialize in for my "Class Morph" idea... not in the least because that way, -everyone- can refit them to their sorcerors if they so choose, and people like me who already have fourteen characters don't get vexed by having to make yet another. And people who played since launch and think such a spezialization would just be perfect for their main could also do it, instead of having to start anew.
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's some skill lines I came up with

1st skill line- conjuration melee weapons that deal magic damage, and convert dual wild/2h abilities into magic damage

2nd skill line- undead summoning obviously

3rd skill line- something based around the blackfeather court crows, and the secret magics crowmother was teaching to the dark elf in the dungeon. Crows love dead things. They would be right at home helping someone who commands the dead.
    Edited by CardboardedBox on January 18, 2018 2:34PM
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer or bust as far as new classes go I say.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    You are dead on

You raise a good point

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No no no necromancers!

Thank you.
  • boobafinno
    boobafinno
    ✭✭✭
    To avoid classess pve/pvp balancing issues, it might be like additional skill line for sorcs only. It might be even like replacing skill line for people who decided to turn their sorcs into necromancers. For example necro skill line would replace Storm Calling skill line, but Daedric Summoning and Dark Magic would stay on their place in sorcerers skills. And if players want, they can turn their necromancers back into usual sorcs, like ppl who can turn their vampires/werewolfs into usual "humans" by special npc cure option.

Of course necromancers shouldn't be like another petsorc or warden's pet class. May be make it able to make zombies from another players corpses in pvp, and theese zombies will attack with abilities from dead player's hotbar on the moment of player's death. Just imagine how fun it would be! And how many variations of this little zombie group possible to build.