The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.0

• S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorcs continue to get buffs in PVP and protection from gap closers...meanwhile werewolves which have been wishing for buffs for a long time get a single change which is a nerf
  • DerNachtfalter
    DerNachtfalter
    ✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    No new motifs for crafting? :(

I think they add them to DLC dungeons the patch after the dungeons drop. Wasn’t it like that for Horns of the Reach?

Yes, but what might I farm in the mean time? :open_mouth:
    Edited by DerNachtfalter on January 8, 2018 7:55PM
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they add them to DLC dungeons the patch after the dungeons drop. Wasn’t it like that for Horns of the Reach?

I think we will get the HoF motif, just later
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    THANK FOR ALL OF THIS.( not sarcasm)

except maybe the fact that Crystal blast will become even worse.

now i'm ready for the Update 18 and the famous " we want to make both choice interresting so we will nerf Crystal fragment and buff Crystal blast "
    Edited by Apherius on January 8, 2018 7:58PM
  • DerNachtfalter
    DerNachtfalter
    ✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »

I think we will get the HoF motif, just later

I think you are right :)
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some cool things there, lots of utterly irrelevant stuff, plenty of dubious ideas, and some down right awful choices, and pretty much nothing as far as things that really needed fixing.

Maybe I will submit more detailed feedback tomorrow or not (since I really don't believe giving any will make a licking difference), but the one thing I do want to call you out on is this:
    All four coffers share the same visual appearance, but each has a unique name and can be nicknamed for easy organization. Chests work the same way, with their own shared appearance.

Talk about some ridiculously lazy design right there. So the 8 new special furnishings we can shove random crap into, are actually 2 new special furnishings we can cram crap into, but we can buy each four times and give them different names? That is some awfully lazy design. I mean, it's not as if you are lacking 3d models for chests, cupboards, wardrobes, or a gazillion other things you can cram random crap into.

Would it really have killed you to pick 8 different assets available in the game, run their textures through a hue/saturation filter and given us actual options to choose from?

To botch something this simple to get right, is an astounding feat in itself. I mean... Whatever. So much whatever at this point.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's some really grossly overpowered stuff in there. This might be the end of PvP.
    PC EU
  • Alanthier
    Alanthier
    Soul Shriven
    Will you ever fix the infinite loading screen crap? And you can't say that it's Add-on's doing it, because I've had it happen even before I started using addons. And it's getting progressively worse, especially in pvp.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I am wrong but.. are there any changes to Sorcerer ?
    You are reducing dmg of all gap closers..
    We’ve decreased the damage values on numerous gap closer abilities – not just Teleport Strike, but other charge abilities such as Critical Charge or Focused Charge as well. Gap closers in ESO have no cooldown and can hit for extreme amounts of damage, so there is very little opportunity cost in forcing your enemies to use them. Decreasing their damage ensures that ranged players utilizing movement and terrain to maintain their distance are better rewarded for that advantage.
    Even poor WW got nerfed:
    Pounce: Decreased the damage dealt by this ability and its morphs by approximately 16%.
    You know... Sorcerer has gap closer too.. so why there is no mention of this in patch notes ?
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Increases the duration of all Major buffs, Minor buffs, and damage shields you apply to yourself and allies by 40%

SHIELDS GOT BUFFED, HELL YEAH

REALLY NICE FOR A MAGSORC

If you wear a specific set.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And my werewolf got nerfed....

Why couldn't you guys fix our problems to make up for the nerf to Pounce?
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Rewards for the Worthy mails now only grant a guaranteed Transmutation Geode once per day per account."

This is a dumb change. If I can do Undaunted dailies on each of my characters for multiple geodes, why can't I at least PVP on multiple characters for multiple geodes? You're setting it up to where people will only go to PVP for the 30 minutes it takes them to get the 20k AP for Rewards for the Worthy and then stop for the day. Why not add geodes as rewards to the Battleground dailies, or to the Kill 20/Capture/Scout dailies?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Boss enemies can only be set Off Balance once every 15 to 20 seconds. After the first Off Balance debuff ends on a boss enemy, they will be immune to subsequent Off Balance debuffs until this immunity duration is over.

RIP Heavy Attack builds.

RIP magDK´s,......
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caluurion’s Legacy (Light)

(2) Spell Critical
    (3) Spell Power
    (4) Spell Critical
    (5) When you deal Critical Damage with a single target Magicka ability, you launch a Fire, Ice, Shock, or Disease ball at your target that deals 12,900 damage and applies a status effect. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Why is a Disease ball a possibility? Disease is a damage type associated with stamina/medium armor builds, not magicka/light armor builds. And with all the emphasis on crit in this set, it definitely feels like a PvE set, where the Defile status effect of disease is largely useless.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Is it just me... or does Zaan not make sense? You’ll most likely be doing light/heavy attacks on a magicka based build with a destro/resto staff (which is ranged) but the beam is melee range? So we’re using a staff within melee range?

Yeah, you could light/heavy attack with a sword- but most of your crit will be in spells not weapons. That makes the monster set less effective.

Mag DK is what screams to me for this set

Yeah- but you’d have to have high WEAPON CRIT in order to proc the set with a light attack from your sword.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Nothing about changes for Miat's PvP Addon @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Addons
    Addons will now only know about attacks that target you after they hit you in PvP areas.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoilerhide
    Addons will no longer receive BEGIN combat events in PvP areas if they target the player, and come from a hostile source.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Nothing about changes for Miat's PvP Addon @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Look harder. There's a change that will pretty much kill Miat's in there.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increases the duration of all Major buffs, Minor buffs, and damage shields you apply to yourself and allies by 40%

SHIELDS GOT BUFFED, HELL YEAH

REALLY NICE FOR A MAGSORC

If you wear a specific set.

It's a duration increase though....hardly a buff unless you're in a fight where your shields last the full duration.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Rewards for the Worthy mails now only grant a guaranteed Transmutation Geode once per day per account."

This is a dumb change. If I can do Undaunted dailies on each of my characters for multiple geodes, why can't I at least PVP on multiple characters for multiple geodes? You're setting it up to where people will only go to PVP for the 30 minutes it takes them to get the 20k AP for Rewards for the Worthy and then stop for the day. Why not add geodes as rewards to the Battleground dailies, or to the Kill 20/Capture/Scout dailies?

This 100%. The current system, where I can earn 10 RftW on one character and open them on other to instantly earn enough to transmute an item, is admittedly cheesy and deserves to be changed. But this is a whiplash lurch to the other extreme, akin to locking Undaunted Key rewards from pledges to 2 per vet dungeon pledge per day per account. If they go through with this change, they need at least to increase the likelihood of receiving a geode on RftW mails after the first.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm "Error: Unable To Connect To The Game Server". Someone forget to bring up the Game Server? :)
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Caluurion’s Legacy (Light)

(2) Spell Critical
    (3) Spell Power
    (4) Spell Critical
    (5) When you deal Critical Damage with a single target Magicka ability, you launch a Fire, Ice, Shock, or Disease ball at your target that deals 12,900 damage and applies a status effect. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

Why is a Disease ball a possibility? Disease is a damage type associated with stamina/medium armor builds, not magicka/light armor builds. And with all the emphasis on crit in this set, it definitely feels like a PvE set, where the Defile status effect of disease is largely useless.

My magicka guildies are already drolling for this set,especially for the disease ball,giving them a nice add to their burst+access to defile
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Boss enemies can only be set Off Balance once every 15 to 20 seconds"

Isn't this a bit too much. This is like a 25% uptime now which in term is equal to 7.5% damage loss for each person in the group. This is a huge nerf for most DDs.

@rosendoichinoveb17_ESO I was wondering about that one too.

@ZOS_GinaBruno How long does off balance actually last if it is not removed by a heavy attack or flame lash? And why is it 15-20s, does it vary by boss, or what is the actual cooldown?

It's definitely a nerf, I'm just not sure by how much. In a group with a lot of stamina DPS heavy attacking and a few lightning walls, off balance could be sub 50% already, but with other groups >90% is also common.

It most likely means that there's no point in having more than 1 or 2 lightning walls, so most Magicka DPS will go to an inferno back bar. This will lead to MagDK's becoming more desirable in a group (engulfing flames 10% increased fire damage for everyone). It also could mean Ilambris will find more use again, with inferno/lightning becoming more popular than lightning/lightning. It also may make 75 points in Thaumaturge no longer worth it, so more can be placed in MAA, EE, or EB.

I'm predicting a shift in the Magicka meta with little actual DPS loss, while stamina may lose around 5% DPS.

• Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me... or does Zaan not make sense? You’ll most likely be doing light/heavy attacks on a magicka based build with a destro/resto staff (which is ranged) but the beam is melee range? So we’re using a staff within melee range?

Yeah, you could light/heavy attack with a sword- but most of your crit will be in spells not weapons. That makes the monster set less effective.

Could work for nightblades in soul harvest range, and get a 15% 6 second buff. Probably hard to time it though
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone who was asking, based on what was said on ESO Live, no, Level Up rewards aren't retroactive.

But there was the suggestion that an additional character slot may be available in the Crown Store.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurvokun (Monster)
    Max Health
    When a nearby enemy damages you, summon a growing pool of desecrated bile for 8 seconds. Enemies in the bile receive 430 Disease Damage every 1 second and are afflicted with Minor Maim and Minor Defile, reducing their damage done and healing received by 15%. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

This with Duroks... Oh, the pain and tears this will create... @Irylia you mentioned that you will run Duroks until the end of time... :trollface: major buff!

Very disappointed by off-balance on bosses nerf - there goes charged Lightning staff heavy attack build on my magDK and there goes “diversity”. Though, double resource return is good for meta DPS builds, less heavy attacks in rotation, huh.

I am blind or no earthgore changes?

Abou channeling interrupts - no point to slot an interruption skill? If interruption stuns for 3 secs and grants CC immunity which grants interrupt immunity? Wtf? Counter play much?
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    Some cool things there, lots of utterly irrelevant stuff, plenty of dubious ideas, and some down right awful choices, and pretty much nothing as far as things that really needed fixing.

Maybe I will submit more detailed feedback tomorrow or not (since I really don't believe giving any will make a licking difference), but the one thing I do want to call you out on is this:
    All four coffers share the same visual appearance, but each has a unique name and can be nicknamed for easy organization. Chests work the same way, with their own shared appearance.

Talk about some ridiculously lazy design right there. So the 8 new special furnishings we can shove random crap into, are actually 2 new special furnishings we can cram crap into, but we can buy each four times and give them different names? That is some awfully lazy design. I mean, it's not as if you are lacking 3d models for chests, cupboards, wardrobes, or a gazillion other things you can cram random crap into.

Would it really have killed you to pick 8 different assets available in the game, run their textures through a hue/saturation filter and given us actual options to choose from?

To botch something this simple to get right, is an astounding feat in itself. I mean... Whatever. So much whatever at this point.

Agree, please give each a visually different appearance for ease of identification at the very least!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, trials groups will now have to communicate when a boss is off balance. Heavy attacks will double the stam and mag regen. Makes me wonder if it will be worth having a charged lightning staff on the backbar for a healer if the off balance is only once every 30 seconds. Or if having champion points into the passive that does extra damage against off balance is even worth it. Thoughts?

My thought is that we will do the opposite that ZOS intended. we will time off balance with Horns and Stuff and use those 15 seconds for maximum damage. Afterwards everyone heavy attacks until the boss can be set off balance again.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :o

Wow. Cyrodiil will be... different.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone needs to take a second to really absorb the fact that this is first PTS update. If your favorite grudge or long standing issue wasn't addressed that doesn't mean it's just never getting addressed in future weeks.