The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.0

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have legit been sitting here hating ESO recently. I read these patch notes and I'm actually excited and happy and looking so forward to playing ESO again. THANK YOU. There are some REALLY excellent changes in here, ZoS, well done.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for someone to notice the first line in the Combat section...
    76crbi5lftxl.jpg

4llyib08vdpq.png
    General
    • Area of Effect abilities now deal full damage to all targets hit, instead of having a damage penalty after hitting 7 or more targets. Secondary effects from those Area of Effect abilities (snares, stuns, etc.) are still capped at 6 targets.
      Developer Comment:
      We want to encourage more tactical group play where players are encouraged to spread out instead of stacking in a tight ball. We’re still evaluating this aspect of AoE caps, and will make adjustments in the future as necessary.

I hope you are joking... you want to give even more power to all AOE ? Why ? It has almost no flaws.. it can't be dodged, it can't be blocked.... all you can do is just try to run out of it or over-heal I just don't understand.

And clearly Destro ulti is not OP (sarcasm) and it is not used at all in PvP (sarcasm) and literary no one complained abut being killed by it (sarcasm) and there are no Destro ulti zerg-trains in Cyrodiil...

Last patch you did exactly what people told you not to do (NB Agony skill change) - because now like every one totally is using this skill (sarcasm)....
    So I have no doubt you will again totally ignore all kinds of feedback and do everything your way...

Ehh... I am currently rank 43.. 7 more to go... just 7 more to go and you can quit PvP forever... just 7 ranks.. *breaths heavily* just 7... just....

Anyway - here is my suggestion:
    You should make something to encourage people to use more single - target skills. AOE are curantly a blight in Cyrodiil PvP.
    More buffs to it means more people using it. And as I stated above - AOE has literally no disadvantages or drawbacks. It can't be dodged or blocked. Other skill don't have any advantages like that whatsoever. Please. Think of this.
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    So no Shadow Image fix?
    Healing ward fix?

Shadow Image is still being worked on, but will be put into a patch as soon as there's a tested fix. Will check on Healing Ward, I thought there was a fix for that in this update.

Please and thank you very much.
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No new motifs for crafting? :(

I think they add them to DLC dungeons the patch after the dungeons drop. Wasn’t it like that for Horns of the Reach?
    Options
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't think I dislike any of these changes!
    And goodbye AoE caps, I won't miss you!
    Well done, ZoS <3
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
    Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well I didnt expect many changes to Dk, but damn, I didnt expect to see literally nothing at all.

Edit: I guess the AOE changes are somewhat good for the overall health of PvP.
    Edit2: I guess this is patch is mostly general QoL stuff.Maybe Its time to take my shovel knight for a vacation.

Look at the off-balance changes and the new sets again. Powerlash mDK and heavy-attack combo sDK are going to be hella strong next update.

This update is looking to be a huge boost for both mDK and sDK. I am excited!
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • Vovik
    Vovik
    ✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    They nerfed werwolves.....

Werewolf
    Pounce: Decreased the damage dealt by this ability and its morphs by approximately 16%.

Because it's already such an OP ultimate compared to just using the other gap closers in game. Which are cheaper, more reliable, and doesn't require you to lose access to a bunch of skills after pressing R. XD

They didn't nerf werewolfs.. just the gap closer ability.... like every other gap closer...........

"We’ve decreased the damage values on numerous gap closer abilities – not just Teleport Strike, but other charge abilities such as Critical Charge or Focused Charge as well. Gap closers in ESO have no cooldown and can hit for extreme amounts of damage, so there is very little opportunity cost in forcing your enemies to use them. Decreasing their damage ensures that ranged players utilizing movement and terrain to maintain their distance are better rewarded for that advantage."
    Options
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some great changes coming but man...Was so excited to see Magicka Dragonknigjt changes. Not a thing. They never get any needed help.
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno thank you ☺️ Aoe caps

It may not seem huge but the well duration buff is also a step towards getting players to move outwards and create fights elsewhere. However small it is something.
    I have tons of ideas for providing options to players when it comes to spreading out.
    Options
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kildayen wrote: »
    8lra3o2r34lu.jpg

43hgrb57d1a9.png
    Battlegrounds
    • Increased the Alliance Point rewards for your team’s placement in Battlegrounds. This equates to the following:
      • 100% increase in AP if your team comes in first place, or a new total of 12,000 AP
      • 175% increase in AP if your team comes in second place, or a new total of 11,000 AP
      • 400% increase in AP if your team comes in third place, or a new total of 10,000 AP

Because everyone deserves a trophy... *rolleyes*

This is a decent move for trying to get more people playing BGs but seriously... a difference of only 2k or 1k AP for winning first place is kinda lame. If you are increasing the AP by 400% for third place and 175% for second, it takes away from the reward of winning first. Give first place more or cut the increased gains for second and third. Participation trophies are lame.
    Options
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    76crbi5lftxl.jpg

4llyib08vdpq.png
    General
    • Area of Effect abilities now deal full damage to all targets hit, instead of having a damage penalty after hitting 7 or more targets. Secondary effects from those Area of Effect abilities (snares, stuns, etc.) are still capped at 6 targets.
      Developer Comment:
      We want to encourage more tactical group play where players are encouraged to spread out instead of stacking in a tight ball. We’re still evaluating this aspect of AoE caps, and will make adjustments in the future as necessary.

[/list]

Complete removal of AOE caps, good, good, good. The partial removal that I think happened way back in Morrowind was very helpful for limiting the effectiveness of the little ball groups. This may put an end to the last few guilds that were running straight up eye groups. Good riddance though they were at least kill-able after the partial removal unlike before under the full on Wrobel (said they would never go didn't you) AOE cap tyranny.

Where are all those heavy attack changes that we heard about? All I see is a channel movement speed decrease penalty and an off balance thing. I did a bunch of testing on how heavy damage and resource return scales and how duration lined up with animation time. I was all set up to talk about how you fixed all this. I guess you will get the post instead that shows just how messed up it all is. #fireWrobel it would be fitting to end AOE caps and his employment concurrently.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on January 8, 2018 7:48PM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
    Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »
    Oh hey! Your werewolf community has been asking for anything other than a nerf for several years now - lets see what goodies we get!
    5a286a9989476.image.gif
    ...oh...
    Telel wrote: »
    They nerfed werwolves.....

Werewolf
    Pounce: Decreased the damage dealt by this ability and its morphs by approximately 16%.

Because it's already such an OP ultimate compared to just using the other gap closers in game. Which are cheaper, more reliable, and doesn't require you to lose access to a bunch of skills after pressing R. XD

Hold in there doggs.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Are there any DK changes planned or are y'all just planning on releasing Update 17 with none?
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options
  • Vovik
    Vovik
    ✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Nothing about changes for Miat's PvP Addon @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Really....

"Addons will now only know about attacks that target you after they hit you in PvP areas."
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me... or does Zaan not make sense? You’ll most likely be doing light/heavy attacks on a magicka based build with a destro/resto staff (which is ranged) but the beam is melee range? So we’re using a staff within melee range?

Yeah, you could light/heavy attack with a sword- but most of your crit will be in spells not weapons. That makes the monster set less effective.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    8lra3o2r34lu.jpg

43hgrb57d1a9.png
    Battlegrounds
    • Increased the Alliance Point rewards for your team’s placement in Battlegrounds. This equates to the following:
      • 100% increase in AP if your team comes in first place, or a new total of 12,000 AP
      • 175% increase in AP if your team comes in second place, or a new total of 11,000 AP
      • 400% increase in AP if your team comes in third place, or a new total of 10,000 AP

Because everyone deserves a trophy... *rolleyes*

This is a decent move for trying to get more people playing BGs but seriously... a difference of only 2k or 1k AP for winning first place is kinda lame. If you are increasing the AP by 400% for third place and 175% for second, it takes away from the reward of winning first. Give first place more or cut the increased gains for second and third. Participation trophies are lame.

The 10k AP for participating is not the problem, as long as players only receive upon completion of the match. Losing a BG match ought to grant more AP than the amount of resources you can capture in that time. But yes, winning first place ought to grant much more than a 2k bonus.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Hey Gina would you mind clarifying the Off Balance changes for Bosses please? I'm a bit confused...
    - How is the immunity duration decided? When is it going to be 15 seconds and when is it going to be 20 seconds?
    - Why is the immunity lasting 3 to 4 times longer than the Off-balance debuff which only lasts 5 seconds?
    Basically would you mind just rephrasing all of that off balance section that applies to bosses please? :D
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Rewards for the Worthy mails now only grant a guaranteed Transmutation Geode once per day per account."

Why, why, why!
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me... or does Zaan not make sense? You’ll most likely be doing light/heavy attacks on a magicka based build with a destro/resto staff (which is ranged) but the beam is melee range? So we’re using a staff within melee range?

Yeah, you could light/heavy attack with a sword- but most of your crit will be in spells not weapons. That makes the monster set less effective.

Mag DK is what screams to me for this set
    Options
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also would have been nice if Master Crafters got some kind of unique ability for the "outfit" system... Oh wait. That would mean people who aren't Master Crafters wouldn't have that ability and ZOS doesn't want to upset the noobs #ParticipationTrophy
    Options
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    How does offbalance work with CC immunity when there is no functional cooldown vs. a player? Can you be set off balance when CC immune? That doesn't seem balanced. At all.

This ^^ . Clarification here would be nice.

This right here is the difference between TONS of power lashing on a MagDK in PvP or not allowing us to power lash off of Fossilize anymore.
    Edited by Dottzgaming on January 8, 2018 7:51PM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Warden remains untouched.
    Edited by Dracane on January 8, 2018 8:19PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    Most everything in this patch sounds fantastic! Love the Double resources on heavy attacking off balance enemies and the reduced base block cost!
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Everyone ought to be light-weaving. It's literally free damage, and even a magicka DW build needs to proc their weapon enchants.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOE CAPS! lol, i didn't saw that comming
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It also would have been nice if Master Crafters got some kind of unique ability for the "outfit" system... Oh wait. That would mean people who aren't Master Crafters wouldn't have that ability and ZOS doesn't want to upset the noobs #ParticipationTrophy

Us Master Crafters are prone to having Motifitis (obsession with collecting motifs). We’ll have the best fashions!!!
    Options
  • Emasculate
    Emasculate
    ✭✭✭
    With the current changes, can Templars get a stamina gap closer, there's two morphs of toppling charge both magicka. I was curious if we could get the AoE off-Balance like it was in previous patches. This would be a unique change to Templars and let them be more versatile in Open World Cyrodill.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Soul Shriven style is now granted by hitting level 40, what will be the reward for completing Cadwell's Silver? Will that style be granted retroactively to all characters that have hit 40, baring the fact it was bound to backpack in the past?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    There is not a single worrisome thing in these patch notes. I am amazed. So many fixes for problems we've been having for a long time. I am looking forward to this one SO MUCH! Thanks guys!
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Everyone ought to be light-weaving. It's literally free damage, and even a magicka DW build needs to proc their weapon enchants.

Yeah but how are you supposed to crit?
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options