Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Next Update] Peryite in Dragon Bone DLC

• Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I see a Reptilian beast with wings, to me, that is a Dragon... Too much debate for something that's not real...
    Is this Toad a Dragon?
    item-dragonfrog.png

Answer: IDK&IDGAF... Yes!?!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    just for a little clarification and expert scientific input on the whole daedric titans and dragons dispute...

latest?cb=20150808171743
    tenor.gif?itemid=5602156

29631-3-1357622586.jpg
    giphy.gif

dragon bones must have dragons...

yes, while daedric titans, look a bit similar to dragons, they are very different:

Daedric Titans, commonly referred to simply as Titans, are giant winged Daedra that serve Molag Bal as war-slaves. They were first created in imitation of the dragons of Nirn when Bal's interrogation of Boziikkodstrun proved fruitless. After modifying Boziikkodstrun's skeleton and substituting his soul for a Daedric vestige, Bal transformed him into the first Titan.[1] Daedric Titans are anatomically similar to dragons, although with dark black skin and prehensile frontal limbs. They have the ability to speak a spell of flaming essence-drain that can debilitate an opponent with a single word, similar to the power of the thu'um. They are notoriously difficult to kill.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedric_Titan
    Edited by altemriel on January 3, 2018 7:56AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so yes, while I doubt we will became dragons as actual overland zone monsters, I hope we will get some nice dragon bosses in the two new upcoming dungeons of the Dragon Bones DLC, maybe even Peryite`s daedric realm (finaly, as it was not shown in any TES series)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    So... Is this more dungeon's? Honestly... I think most people are here for the World Play, dungeons are just a thing people do to get dungeon specific gear... And didn't we just get 2 dungeons? Or am I missing something?

EDIT: NVM I'm trippin, we got Clockwork duh! Just ignore my whining ;)

We get 4 Dungeons every year, in packs of 2. Its in their content schedule.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    These updates specifically made for groups, are extremely boring, they should always have something for everyone.

good thing we aren't playing an MMO where playing with others is the whole point of the genre

well its not like people wouldnt mind another sp TES as well
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    So... Is this more dungeon's? Honestly... I think most people are here for the World Play, dungeons are just a thing people do to get dungeon specific gear... And didn't we just get 2 dungeons? Or am I missing something?

They never said that. The outline last year mentioned one dungeon DLC (in Q3), the Q1 DLC was unspecified.
    Edited by Rosveen on January 3, 2018 12:49PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, we learn something about Konahrik.
    His dragons priest mask was found in Labyrinthion, but we never encountered the actual priest behind it.

83225-0-1491843472.jpg
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    just for a little clarification and expert scientific input on the whole daedric titans and dragons dispute...

latest?cb=20150808171743
    tenor.gif?itemid=5602156

29631-3-1357622586.jpg
    giphy.gif

dragon bones must have dragons...

yes, while daedric titans, look a bit similar to dragons, they are very different:

Daedric Titans, commonly referred to simply as Titans, are giant winged Daedra that serve Molag Bal as war-slaves. They were first created in imitation of the dragons of Nirn when Bal's interrogation of Boziikkodstrun proved fruitless. After modifying Boziikkodstrun's skeleton and substituting his soul for a Daedric vestige, Bal transformed him into the first Titan.[1] Daedric Titans are anatomically similar to dragons, although with dark black skin and prehensile frontal limbs. They have the ability to speak a spell of flaming essence-drain that can debilitate an opponent with a single word, similar to the power of the thu'um. They are notoriously difficult to kill.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedric_Titan

TLDR? Titans are based on Dragons but they are not dragons. Much like Quorn Chicken pieces are meant to emulate chicken but it is most certainly NOT chicken.
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope these dungeons won't be easier than HOTR dungeons ... Dragons can't be weaker than a minotaur.
    Edited by Apherius on January 3, 2018 1:52PM
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    So everyone seems to think this is Peryite. That's all good, the exciting part now is what that means for the future. Peryite was heavily involved with the oblivion gates. The Oblivion crisis is far off, but that doesn't mean we won't see some oblivion gates. Could this be the beginning of oblivion gates random events? That would be incredible.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    These updates specifically made for groups, are extremely boring, they should always have something for everyone.

There's way too much focus on hard group content such as vet trials and vet dungs in ESO these days. Why do they keep adding so much content for so few people. ZOS knows it, and every DLC dung ends up getting nerfed eventually. Stop emulating every cookie cutter MMO out there where all you do is raid raid raid.

I completely agree with this post. If this is another group content DLC, Bethesda will NOT be getting my money.
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

There's way too much focus on hard group content such as vet trials and vet dungs in ESO these days. Why do they keep adding so much content for so few people. ZOS knows it, and every DLC dung ends up getting nerfed eventually. Stop emulating every cookie cutter MMO out there where all you do is raid raid raid.

I completely agree with this post. If this is another group content DLC, Bethesda will NOT be getting my money.

I agree with your agree, however, it is an mmo and there can't be too much solo content, not sure if thats what your looking for. But I do agree that there are not enough hardcore players doing the hardest vet content to keep coming out with that type of content. Us casual players need love.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope that ESO knows that there were no dragons in Skyrim... Dragon has 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs and wings...

I'm fairly certain that its not the case... I'm pretty sure that Dragons have back limbs and wings. Daedric Titans (the improved dragons) have front limbs in addition to wings.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Belyar
    Belyar
    ✭✭✭
    Hope that ESO knows that there were no dragons in Skyrim... Dragon has 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs and wings...

Says who exactly? Dragons are represented differently in most cultures, and as far as I'm concerned, no one has ever seen one.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are you kidding me the solo content to group content ratio is obscenely imbalanced. the problem is they are seperating the content to milk the crap out of both populations. truthfully the 40$ price tag of Morrowind should have had the last set of dungeons in them. But in all honesty it does not matter the game is built around this solo churn population which is why there are no launch guilds even playing this game anymore. this game design is laughable as a MMO and medicore as a single player online.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

wait, 2 x dungeon dlc? was it not like
    - dungeon dlc
    - chapter
    - new zone
    - new zone
    ?

I am not sure now...

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not sure now...

- Dungeon DLC ( shadow of the hist )
    - One tamriel
    - Homestead
    - chapter ( Morrowind)
    - Dungeon DLC ( Horn of the reach )
    - New zone ( Clockwork City)
    - Dungeon DLC ( Dragon Bones )
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »

The second "M" in MMO is Multiplayer. That's pretty much the foundation of the game.

Sounds like you'd be happier in a single player game.

That would be MMORPG you forgot the RPG, which is just as much, if not more a foundation of the game.

I enjoy the multiplayer aspects but also lament that the latest updates have the appearance of being focused on the M neglecting the RPG.

Maybe a "story mode" for the dungeons to allow those who do not want to speed run or farm might be a worthy compromise.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this rediculous arguing about what a dragon is supposed to look like in “real life” vs game, as if they ever existed in the first place. Then only referring to European dragons...lol. Any bring up Chinese dragons yet? Hahaha!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    All this rediculous arguing about what a dragon is supposed to look like in “real life” vs game, as if they ever existed in the first place. Then only referring to European dragons...lol. Any bring up Chinese dragons yet? Hahaha!
    Actually, there is no such a thing as an European dragon. Slavic dragons are different - just look at Змей Горыныч which is Russian dragon - it has 3 heads :smiley:! Also here (South Slavs) our dragons have 3, 7 or 9 heads :open_mouth:. Want more - here in Serbia there is a difference between male and female dragon (completely different words).
    Edited by exiars10 on January 3, 2018 3:02PM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG!!!
    SOOOOOO much debate over dragon, wyverns, titans, etc...
    You did know, one of the wriiters of the original D&D Monster Manuel works at ZoS???? Right?????
    I SUMMON THEE!!!!! @ZOS_Lawrence_Schick .....In the name of Lawrence Ellsworth!!! We Beseech Thee!!!
    PLEASE Enlighten us on Titans, Dragons and Wyvrens!! Many Huzzahs!!!!

Now, to OP's pic....
    Yes that is a Statue of Peyite.
    Possible Spoiler: There is a ancient shrine to Peryite located in, guess where???????
    Summerset Isles!!! Hmmmmmmmm........

There's a shrine to Peryite in Cyrodiil too. Just pointing that out. I feel like a Shrine to Peryite would fit in better in like Murkmire with the Argonians. I highly doubt the Altmer would leave a shrine to his disease-causing lordship, on their immaculate island.

There's always some exceptions of course.

Well, I thought it just fit with all the hints we have gotten about Summerset Isles being the next chapter. :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

- dungeon dlc
    - chapter
    - new zone
    - new zone
    ?

I am not sure now...

To quote Rich Lambert....
    LOOKING FORWARD TO 2018
    I'm very happy to say that you can expect three more DLCs and a full new Chapter for ESO in 2018.
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on January 4, 2018 1:10AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »
    Actually, there is no such a thing as an European dragon. Slavic dragons are different - just look at Змей Горыныч which is Russian dragon - it has 3 heads :smiley:! Also here (South Slavs) our dragons have 3, 7 or 9 heads :open_mouth:. Want more - here in Serbia there is a difference between male and female dragon (completely different words).

Still not as cool as North American dragons.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

- dungeon dlc
    - chapter
    - new zone
    - new zone
    ?

I am not sure now...
    DLC (? unspecified)
    chapter
    dungeon-based DLC
    story DLC

We assumed the first and fourth would be new zones. However, it may not be the case; maybe the first one is a wild card and could be anything (so we might get two dungeon DLC this year). It would be in line with last year, which had Homestead as the first "DLC".
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zim5i.jpg
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any bring up Chinese dragons yet?

The people who read the thread know this answer.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

- dungeon dlc
    - chapter
    - new zone
    - new zone
    ?

I am not sure now...
    DLC (? unspecified)
    chapter
    dungeon-based DLC
    story DLC

We assumed the first and fourth would be new zones. However, it may not be the case; maybe the first one is a wild card and could be anything (so we might get two dungeon DLC this year). It would be in line with last year, which had Homestead as the first "DLC".

i think the assumption is rather that the first dlc will be 2 new dungeons, sames as HOTR? and the Chapter being on Summerset is probably also likely due to the CWC story
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- dungeon dlc
    - chapter
    - new zone
    - new zone
    ?

I am not sure now...
    DLC (? unspecified)
    chapter
    dungeon-based DLC
    story DLC

No assumptions needed there. We know the first DLC this year is a dungeon DLC called Dragon Bones, and that two of three DLCs scheduled for this year are dungeon DLCs. So presumably:

Dungeon (Dragon Bones)
    Chapter (Summerset)
    Dungeon
    ???
    Edited by Darkstorne on January 3, 2018 8:12PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

DLC mounts... Will they fly or breathe fire? (or both, and set a new crown price record)

brace-yourself-snowflakes-are-coming.jpg

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »

- dungeon dlc
    - chapter
    - new zone
    - new zone
    ?

I am not sure now...
    DLC (? unspecified)
    chapter
    dungeon-based DLC
    story DLC

No assumptions needed there. We know the first DLC this year is a dungeon DLC called Dragon Bones, and that two of three DLCs scheduled for this year are dungeon DLCs. So presumably:

Dungeon (Dragon Bones)
    Chapter (Summerset)
    Dungeon
    ???
    I meant that we assumed that before they announced Dragon Bones. I don't think anyone really expected two dungeon-based DLC in one year.