Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Next Update] Peryite in Dragon Bone DLC

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »
    Hope that ESO knows that there were no dragons in Skyrim... Dragon has 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs and wings...

That's just a rule introduced by D&D that many follows, but it's not an absolute rule.

there are many types of WYRMS
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    pteam wrote: »
    Hope that ESO knows that there were no dragons in Skyrim... Dragon has 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs and wings...

you do realize that there are already multiple dragons in eso, right?

maxresdefault.jpg

Thats a daedric titan, not a dragon lmao

Call it whatever u want, but that sure looks like a dragon to me. :)
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »
    That's just a rule introduced by D&D that many follows, but it's not an absolute rule.

Late medieval-era heraldry outlined the traits of a wyvern to keep them related to but distinct from a dragon.
    Basically, wyverns are a subset of dragons, but dragons aren't wyverns as etymologically they pre-date that word by numerous centuries.

Hence why Skyrim gives separate adjectives to dragons (serpentine, blood, elder). Skyrim's main plot lacked the necessary political motivations to spin off a word like wyvern. The Dragonborn steals the best option, as Dovahkiin would be dova-kin or "little dragon". But perhaps the Dragonborn is technically a wyvern as he has four limbs, not six...
    signing off
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    These updates specifically made for groups, are extremely boring, they should always have something for everyone.

why is that such a difficult concept for the management team at zos to understand...

great, cool new content that I'll never get to really experience...

number one quality of life upgrade for 2019 - story mode/scaled instance for all the dungeons...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a wyvern is a sub type of dragons

its like a german sheppard is a sub type of dogs
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These updates specifically made for groups, are extremely boring, they should always have something for everyone.

The second "M" in MMO is Multiplayer. That's pretty much the foundation of the game.

Sounds like you'd be happier in a single player game.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

maxresdefault.jpg

Thats a daedric titan, not a dragon lmao

Call it whatever u want, but that sure looks like a dragon to me. :)

That's the point, daedric titans are based off dragons but are not dragons
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to which history book?

As I recall D&D is fantasy.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My friend type drake, wyvern, wyrm, dragon in google and select pictures and be amazed. Wyverns are wyverns and dragons are dragons :smile: dragon differs from all of them by having 4 “legs” and wings so 6 limbs, so it is not something subjective, it is defenitive...
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JesQu wrote: »
    Doesn't seem a dragons to me tho, more like wyverns. Still hyped for it lol

Well a loremaster would call the DLC "Wyvern Bones" but you see that would never get past the expansive marketing department at ZOS.

You know, the department that keeps growing at the expense of hiring more programmers and QA and pretty much controls the game at this point.

Gotta call it dragon bones. ESO addicts love dragons.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My friend type drake, wyvern, wyrm, dragon in google and select pictures and be amazed. Wyverns are wyverns and dragons are dragons :smile: dragon differs from all of them by having 4 “legs” and wings so 6 limbs, so it is not something subjective, it is defenitive...

oh yeah... chinese DRAGONS dont have wings do they? but i guess they aren't dragons either cause your logic based off of fantasy games (^^) is defenitive
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

why is that such a difficult concept for the management team at zos to understand...

great, cool new content that I'll never get to really experience...

number one quality of life upgrade for 2019 - story mode/scaled instance for all the dungeons...

i would also prefer story content but it's probably a lot more work to do...and on normal pretty much anybody can enjoy the dungeons they are not that difficult...but yeah they dont contain MUCH of any story
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    To those crying about the whole wyvern thing. Keep in mind

Sure, in REAL LIFE/OUR WORLD, wyvern are dragon like creatures with 2 legs and two wings, sure

But not in the Elder Scrolls universe. In the Elder scrolls universe/lore dragons have 2 legs and two wings. Wyvern doent exist in the elder scrolls universe. ***, the Dragons or 'Dovah' arent even mortal cretaures, they are living fragments of the AKA oversoul, as in each Dragon is a living chunk of Akatosh himself, they are essentially small pieces of a god that have gained their own sentience.

Our real world nomenclature and such doesnt apply to Elder scrolls. Just because some blokes in Wales in the Dark Ages decided a dragon with 2 legs is called a wyvern, doesnt mean they are called Wyverns in Tamriel were such a distinction was never made
    Edited by Throren on January 2, 2018 8:21PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

maxresdefault.jpg

well kind of yes, they are titans:

Daedric Titans, commonly referred to simply as Titans, are giant winged Daedra that serve Molag Bal as war-slaves. They were first created in imitation of the dragons of Nirn when Bal's interrogation of Boziikkodstrun proved fruitless. After modifying Boziikkodstrun's skeleton and substituting his soul for a Daedric vestige, Bal transformed him into the first Titan.[1] Daedric Titans are anatomically similar to dragons, although with dark black skin and prehensile frontal limbs. They have the ability to speak a spell of flaming essence-drain that can debilitate an opponent with a single word, similar to the power of the thu'um. They are notoriously difficult to kill.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedric_Titan

but what is even more interesting, that Peryite depicted here:
    a6rCa7V.png

source: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Peryite

looks pretty much the same as the dragon in the recent facebook pic:
    W3I2t2r.jpg
    source: https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnlineEurope/photos/a.1559001021053336.1073741828.1558890034397768/2048733505413416/?type=3&theater
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Google Images as "definitive proof" of anything. :D

Let's start with the fact that you're talking exclusively about Western traditions, as if that was the only acceptable image of a dragon. But even European dragons don't always look the same: Russian dragons often have three heads, Ancient Greeks used the word to describe serpent-like creatures.

Dragons aren't real animals, so their image evolved as myths evolved. Taking one specific image and proclaiming "this is the definitive version of the dragon, there can be no other" is laughable. Folklore belongs to us all; if we accept four-limbed creatures as dragons, then they are. Simple as that.

And Elder Scrolls lore belongs to Bethesda, so if they want to give us a hamster and call it a dragon, they have every right to do so. Just like they gave us Dwarves of average human height.
    Edited by Rosveen on January 2, 2018 8:26PM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 pm est...thats what like midnight in europe? meh
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

Let's start with the fact that you're talking exclusively about Western traditions, as if that was the only acceptable image of a dragon. But even European dragons don't always look the same: Russian dragons often have three heads, Ancient Greeks used the word to describe serpent-like creatures.

Dragons aren't real animals, so their image evolved as myths evolved. Taking one specific image and proclaiming "this is the definitive version of the dragon, there can be no other" is laughable. Folklore belongs to us all; if we accept four-limbed creatures as dragons, then they are. Simple as that.

And Elder Scrolls lore belongs to Bethesda, so if they want to give us a hamster and call it a dragon, they have every right to do so. Just like they gave us Dwarves of average human height.

I hope you undestand why every culture has some kind of dragons? Imagine you are a peasant 1850 years ago just harvesting your crop and digging some wells and boom, you find a skeleton of an enermous creature (dinosaur - just in case) and what should you think it is?... :smile:

We have folk and we have D&D fantasy world that has some kind of rules... You don’t see orcs being very intelligent creature leaving on trees and you don’t see high elves living under bridges struggling to compete on an IQ test against a rock...
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you undestand why every culture has some kind of dragons? Imagine you are a peasant 1850 years ago just harvesting your crop and digging some wells and boom, you find a skeleton of an enermous creature (dinosaur - just in case) and what should you think it is?... :smile:

We have folk and we have D&D fantasy world that has some kind of rules... You don’t see orcs being very intelligent creature leaving on trees and you don’t see high elves living under bridges struggling to compete on an IQ test against a rock...

Say WHAT?!

PElghLn.jpg
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope we do not see any dragons in ESO...

Yay okay they were fun in Skyrim but Im getting bored FAST of this whole Morrowind, dragon nostalgia trip bs.

Id just rather new unique content that Id remember ESO for in years to come not be reminded of the other games through this one.

Anyway, the art work looks nice and my comment is just an assumption, there may be no dragons at all.

I agree. I'd love to see areas of Tamriel I've NEVER EVER seen before. Not rehashed Bethesda memory lane trips.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on January 2, 2018 8:51PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Also crocodiles, large lizards, whales and other water creatures, as well as ordinary snakes which humans have a strong instinctive fear of.

Elder Scrolls Orcs are actually just as intelligent as any other race, so I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. TES lore draws inspiration from many different real world traditions. This isn't - and shouldn't be - reskinned D&D.
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I guess by your definition Elder Scroll's elves and orcs aren't real elves or orcs because they differ from D&D's version?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Other than d&d who actually set the standards for dragons number of limbs
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks thrilling :) I'm still new to the game - gosh so much excitement in store for me still. I've only been to like 3 locations on the map LOL.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Looking forward to this piece
    Edited by Alcast on January 2, 2018 9:35PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than d&d who actually set the standards for dragons number of limbs

No, Tolkien set the standard, D&D straight up ripped nearly everything from Tolkien because they were too lazy to come up with anything original.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be very surprised if the DLC gives us dragons in the same mold as Skyrim. What I am expecting is lots of draugur, a dragon priest or two, maybe, just maybe, a boss fight with a reanimated skeletal dragon.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wyverns are wyverns and dragons are dragons :smile: dragon differs from all of them by having 4 “legs” and wings so 6 limbs, so it is not something subjective, it is defenitive...

Not all Dragons have wings.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Nazgul

Nazgûl