Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[Next Update] Peryite in Dragon Bone DLC

MrCray78
MrCray78
✭✭✭✭
396116DSiu0XhVwAAtrgn.jpg
PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nazgul

rip decibel
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That official artwork?
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    That official artwork?

It was published on the ESO official Facebook page.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These updates specifically made for groups, are extremely boring, they should always have something for everyone.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope that ESO knows that there were no dragons in Skyrim... Dragon has 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs and wings...
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope that ESO knows that there were no dragons in Skyrim... Dragon has 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs and wings...

Wyverns
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The butt-monkey of the Daedric Princes lives!

As someone wondering where the hell he's been the entire game (not so much as a mention, maybe one in passing), I'm a pretty happy camper.

• baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh. Interesting that you came to that conclusion. We at UESP just had the exact same idea. I mean, given that Peryite is the only Daedric Prince who has never appeared in ESO, other than Jyggalag (who is a special case since He only shows up during the Greymarch).

It's particularly interesting that the dragon in the centre is a long-necked serpentine dragon. Compare it to our pictures of Peryite's shrine from ES IV: Oblivion.
    OB-quest-Peryite.jpg
    OB-quest-Peryite_02.jpg

We (being me, @KriHavok, @Arko_Nam_La and SothaSil) are fairly convinced that the central dragon is Peryite, especially as His sphere of influence is disease. Not only are there are pools of steaming green goo (used to represent disease attacks in ESO) all over the floor, but also in the dragon's mouth!

We have also come up with a tentative suggestion for where a Peryite-related dungeon would be located. Peryite's Shrine is located near Karthwasten, and there's a nearby dragon peak with Nordic ruins.

We're wondering if the second dungeon will be Labyrinthian since there's skeletal dragons there, and the DLC is called Dragon Bones. Not much evidence to back up that really though apart from a name.
    Edited by baratron on January 2, 2018 5:13PM
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OP title suggests it's Peryite
    Appearance

In terms of direct interaction, Peryite is one of the least known of the Daedric Princes, not being recorded by name in the history of any known Tamrielic culture. When he does appear to mortals, he usually takes the form of a large dragon, wyrm, or an aspect of a gathering of rats. Even among those mages with the skill and knowledge to travel to the planes of Oblivion, Peryite's Pits are impossible to enter. This may explain why, when his followers in Cyrodiil attempted to contact him, their souls appeared to be stuck on Dagon's Oblivion plane, the Deadlands. Not knowing what the Pits look like, it is impossible to tell where the souls were actually trapped.

The pic from Oblivion in the URL I listed sure does bare a close resemblance to the OP's pic.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 2, 2018 4:51PM
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

Wyverns

Yeap, Wyvernborn :trollface:
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really interesting. Looks like we'll learn more soon!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope we do not see any dragons in ESO...

Yay okay they were fun in Skyrim but Im getting bored FAST of this whole Morrowind, dragon nostalgia trip bs.

Id just rather new unique content that Id remember ESO for in years to come not be reminded of the other games through this one.

Anyway, the art work looks nice and my comment is just an assumption, there may be no dragons at all.
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭

That's just a rule introduced by D&D that many follows, but it's not an absolute rule.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I suppose that @ZOS_Finn has put his Mephala preferences aside for the next couple of dungeons. :wink:

I thought @ZOS_GinaBruno liked the spider art and influences of the "web-spinner" dungeons? :wink:
    Edited by Vanthras79 on January 2, 2018 5:26PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So true. In Skyrim there were only Wyverns wich are basicly the *** versions of dragons.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Yay okay they were fun in Skyrim but Im getting bored FAST of this whole Morrowind, dragon nostalgia trip bs.

Id just rather new unique content that Id remember ESO for in years to come not be reminded of the other games through this one.

Anyway, the art work looks nice and my comment is just an assumption, there may be no dragons at all.

I agree, I like dragons, Morrowind is cool, but let's see something new! Khajiit land anyone?
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »

I agree, I like dragons, Morrowind is cool, but let's see something new! Khajiit land anyone?

Peryite is something new!

@baratron Thanks for the pics from Oblivion they do look very similar :)
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »

Tenmar (central elsweyr) is one of the possible zones, 'coz it was marked as "ready" on ESO Alpha map.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Really interesting. Looks like we'll learn more soon!

SOON
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »

That's just a rule introduced by D&D that many follows, but it's not an absolute rule.

Yes, exactly, It's a fantasy creature, the creation on someone's imagination. They can literally be anything, which is why depictions of dragon in various cultures can be very different.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peryite, the Daedric prince of disease, he is the weakest of the princes which is why he takes the form so similar to the Dovah. He has also been called the Prince of organization but I believe this is a further attempt to improve his image, Jyggalag, whose sphere was order; was the most powerful of the princes since he is gone it would make sense for Peryite to attempt to take up his mantle.
    Edited by Storm_knight22 on January 2, 2018 5:55PM
    I want spell crafting.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    These updates specifically made for groups, are extremely boring, they should always have something for everyone.

There's way too much focus on hard group content such as vet trials and vet dungs in ESO these days. Why do they keep adding so much content for so few people. ZOS knows it, and every DLC dung ends up getting nerfed eventually. Stop emulating every cookie cutter MMO out there where all you do is raid raid raid.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may be a skeleton dragon boss, but not a "real Dragon"
    And as someone mentioned before, Peryite, the daedric prince of diseases and plagues is not only portaied as a dragon, but also considered the weakest of the daedric princes. Despite being a dragon himself, he is not known to be the father or Inheritor of dragons. So only because he appears there, doesn't necessarily mean, that he comes along other dragons.
    Edited by Dracane on January 2, 2018 5:59PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem a dragons to me tho, more like wyverns. Still hyped for it lol
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    we want more dragons!! :smiley: dragons are awesome!!
  • Lemurejo
    Lemurejo
    ✭✭✭
    This one sees a super limited skin mount in a super limited time crates.... :neutral:
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭

you do realize that there are already multiple dragons in eso, right?

maxresdefault.jpg
    Edited by pteam on January 2, 2018 6:16PM
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if UESP's theory that the new Dragon Bones DLC is set in the Karthwasten area is correct, with one dungeon Peryite-related and the other in Labyrinthian, we might see Shalidor again - with or without Valaste, depending on your choices in the Mages Guild questline. Wouldn't it be amazing if your "red" choices in ESO actually had a long-term effect on the story?

Imagine completing the Mages Guild questline in April 2014 and finding the choice you made all those years ago changed the story of the DLC dungeon in March 2018? Hint: THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

Thats a daedric titan, not a dragon lmao
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

Thats a daedric titan, not a dragon lmao

Daedric Titans are blueprinted off of a dragon that Molag Bal captured and made a vestige.

http://www.esohead.com/books/2669-daedra-dossier-the-titans