Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Next Update] Peryite in Dragon Bone DLC

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »
    Hope that ESO knows that there were no dragons in Skyrim... Dragon has 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs and wings...

That's just a rule introduced by D&D that many follows, but it's not an absolute rule.

there are many types of WYRMS

Here you go

https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/34088/differences-between-dragon-drake-wyrm-and-wyvern
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peryite, the Daedric prince of disease, he is the weakest of the princes which is why he takes the form so similar to the Dovah. He has also been called the Prince of organization but I believe this is a further attempt to improve his image, Jyggalag, whose sphere was order; was the most powerful of the princes since he is gone it would make sense for Peryite to attempt to take up his mantle.

Peryite is considered by mortals to be the weakest, but mortals on tamriel gage power by how often the Princes interact with said mortals. While Peryite might be considered weak, he's infinitely more stronger than any Daedra or Daedric creature. He's even got his own realm. Also, you cannot tell me that a Prince of natural order and pestilence is weak.

There's a great apocrypha on teslore reddit that describes Peryite's power and why one would worship him. https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/5zrwpz/but_why_worship_peryite_an_answer/
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just for a little clarification and expert scientific input on the whole daedric titans and dragons dispute...

latest?cb=20150808171743
    tenor.gif?itemid=5602156

29631-3-1357622586.jpg
    giphy.gif

dragon bones must have dragons...

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While Peryite might be considered weak, he's infinitely more stronger than any Daedra or Daedric creature. He's even got his own realm. Also, you cannot tell me that a Prince of natural order and pestilence is weak.

All the Daedric Princes have their own realm.
    & I always figured Peryite was considered "weak" because their sphere of influence is small, Disease & Pestilence doesn't really give as many opportunities for manipulations as Deceit & Conspiracy or Deals & Bargains or Knowledge & Memory or Chaos & Madness... and so on
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The butt-monkey of the Daedric Princes lives!

As someone wondering where the hell he's been the entire game (not so much as a mention, maybe one in passing), I'm a pretty happy camper.

This! Hopefully we get some hints as to why all the other Princes are mad at him. :)
    baratron wrote: »
    Imagine completing the Mages Guild questline in April 2014 and finding the choice you made all those years ago changed the story of the DLC dungeon in March 2018? Hint: THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

Concur that would be fantastically awesome! :smiley: I'm not going to hold my breath though.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    dragon bones must have dragons...

dragon bones must have bones...

This DLC will probably talk about some kind of "dragon cult". We will not see dragons. We will see bones.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This DLC will probably talk about some kind of "dragon cult". We will not see dragons. We will see bones.

I'm hoping for more backstory on the Dragon Priests if that's the case. Dragon Priests AND Peryite would be even better of course...

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So... Is this more dungeon's? Honestly... I think most people are here for the World Play, dungeons are just a thing people do to get dungeon specific gear... And didn't we just get 2 dungeons? Or am I missing something?

EDIT: NVM I'm trippin, we got Clockwork duh! Just ignore my whining ;)
    Edited by nimander99 on January 2, 2018 11:15PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    These updates specifically made for groups, are extremely boring, they should always have something for everyone.

There's way too much focus on hard group content such as vet trials and vet dungs in ESO these days. Why do they keep adding so much content for so few people. ZOS knows it, and every DLC dung ends up getting nerfed eventually. Stop emulating every cookie cutter MMO out there where all you do is raid raid raid.

Can you buy equipment on the AH from over land areas you don’t own since it isn’t bound? Perhaps that has something to do with it. Since dungeon equip is bound the only way to get it is to own the dungeon/trial.

Id imagine dungeons are smaller and easier to do as well. Less questing less talky talky. Cheaper.

But I do agree. And of course I have no idea why. Just trying to think something up.
  • Bajlk
    Bajlk
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    That's the point, daedric titans are based off dragons but are not dragons

Chinese are based off humans but are not humans?!
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bajlk wrote: »
    aliyavana wrote: »
    That's the point, daedric titans are based off dragons but are not dragons

Chinese are based off humans but are not humans?!

What?
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope that ESO knows that there were no dragons in Skyrim... Dragon has 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs and wings...

Well I guess there are no dragons in Game of Thrones either.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG!!!
    SOOOOOO much debate over dragon, wyverns, titans, etc...
    You did know, one of the wriiters of the original D&D Monster Manuel works at ZoS???? Right?????
    I SUMMON THEE!!!!! @ZOS_Lawrence_Schick .....In the name of Lawrence Ellsworth!!! We Beseech Thee!!!
    PLEASE Enlighten us on Titans, Dragons and Wyvrens!! Many Huzzahs!!!!

Now, to OP's pic....
    Yes that is a Statue of Peryite.
    Possible Spoiler: There is a ancient shrine to Peryite located in, guess where???????
    Summerset Isles!!! Hmmmmmmmm........
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on January 3, 2018 3:28PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OMG!!!
    SOOOOOO much debate over dragon, wyverns, titans, etc...
    You did know, one of the wriiters of the original D&D Monster Manuel works at ZoS???? Right?????
    I SUMMON THEE!!!!! @ZOS_Lawrence_Schick .....In the name of Lawrence Ellsworth!!! We Beseech Thee!!!
    PLEASE Enlighten us on Titans, Dragons and Wyvrens!! Many Huzzahs!!!!

Now, to OP's pic....
    Yes that is a Statue of Peyite.
    Possible Spoiler: There is a ancient shrine to Peryite located in, guess where???????

There's a shrine to Peryite in Cyrodiil too. Just pointing that out. I feel like a Shrine to Peryite would fit in better in like Murkmire with the Argonians. I highly doubt the Altmer would leave a shrine to his disease-causing lordship, on their immaculate island.

There's always some exceptions of course.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes that is a Statue of Peyite.

With that much ice on the statues though? Particularly when we've been told it's going to be another Nord DLC?

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardan147 wrote: »

Except wyverns do exist in that lore, and dragons are possibly a magical evolution from the wyvern.
    Martin's reasoning has been that no real land vertebrate has six limbs, so something like a pegasus wouldn't exist in ASOIAF, either, and the manticore was reinvented as an insect instead of a winged lion-like beast.

It's okay to break fantasy norms. It's just, sometimes to help immerse fans of other fantasy series, it's more efficient to keep those norms than explain them away.
    signing off
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Except wyverns do exist in that lore, and dragons are possibly a magical evolution from the wyvern.
    Martin's reasoning has been that no real land vertebrate has six limbs, so something like a pegasus wouldn't exist in ASOIAF, either, and the manticore was reinvented as an insect instead of a winged lion-like beast.

It's okay to break fantasy norms. It's just, sometimes to help immerse fans of other fantasy series, it's more efficient to keep those norms than explain them away.

love grrm - but, still waiting on the fire wyrms and ice spiders to make their appearance in asoif...as well as the sixth book...

I used to worry about martin living long enough to finish the 6th and 7th books - now, i'm just hoping I make it long enough to read them...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think it's weird that when Gina says "I work with my husband" and the other people just sort of look at each other nervously and you can hear someone cough*crazy*cough into their hand in the background off camera? Are they trolling her or are they just humoring her and really she just goes to work with one of those sad "pillow husbands" you see news stories about in Japan?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No one really cares what they are . Dragons , nazguls , wyverns whatever .

What matters is will they be tough to kill or just some casul content . Hopefully will have some unskippable one-shot mechanics !
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now you know
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We followed an odd trail that Namasur had picked up in the lower forest, heading up into the high hills of ancient Auridon. The Redguard seemed puzzled, certain that the tracks were made from a fellow child of Yokuda (the footprints matched sandals his brethren sometimes wore). The way was thick with maple and larches, until a rough glade was spotted. Half-hidden among the tangle of trees and bushes, we uncovered a shrine to Peryite.

The High Elves had abandoned this overgrown monument long ago; the ivy and vines had weathered the remains of intricate carvings with their gradual rubbing, and saplings had sprouted from the stone itself. The shrine was choked by the forest's tendrils. Namasur seemed fascinated by the structure, pointing at some of the representations of the Altmer, and the story of a battle with strange, slug-like monsters he explained were probably Sload.
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    These updates specifically made for groups, are extremely boring, they should always have something for everyone.
    Don't worry, there'll be plenty of bugs fixes for everyone else too.

There's way too much focus on hard group content such as vet trials and vet dungs in ESO these days. Why do they keep adding so much content for so few people. ZOS knows it, and every DLC dung ends up getting nerfed eventually. Stop emulating every cookie cutter MMO out there where all you do is raid raid raid.
    Fortunately there's generally a 'normal' version of the veteran instances as well.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so many complains...this one sees only an argonian on steroids...just bigger...but that is good...more size=more leather for armors!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i vastly prefer the wyvern style dragons - they look a lot more realistic.... the daedric titans are fine and great cause they are half demon / dragons.... but for the "animal" i prefer them with 4 legs instead of 6...it just looks more natural and better.... unless its a very weird/special type looking of dragon
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    While Peryite might be considered weak, he's infinitely more stronger than any Daedra or Daedric creature. He's even got his own realm. Also, you cannot tell me that a Prince of natural order and pestilence is weak.

& I always figured Peryite was considered "weak" because their sphere of influence is small, Disease & Pestilence doesn't really give as many opportunities for manipulations as Deceit & Conspiracy or Deals & Bargains or Knowledge & Memory or Chaos & Madness... and so on

is this canon that he is the weakest? Cause i would consider his realm to be insanely strong - i mean disease kills millions, regardless if you believe in it or not....
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »

is this canon that he is the weakest? Cause i would consider his realm to be insanely strong - i mean disease kills millions, regardless if you believe in it or not....

No, the only thing that's canon is that mortals consider him to be the weakest, but he just hasn't had a chance to show off his power.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't ESO at all. if anything, ESO is extremely casual for an MMO and is severely lacking in raid content.
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Aliens
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »

That's just a rule introduced by D&D that many follows, but it's not an absolute rule.

Sure, for example, you can check the 'How to train your dragon' movies ;)
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

good thing we aren't playing an MMO where playing with others is the whole point of the genre
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming