Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Next Update] Peryite in Dragon Bone DLC

• Belyar
    Belyar
    ✭✭✭
    - Dungeon DLC
    - Story DLC
    - Chapter
    - Dungeon DLC

Pretty sure this is how they gonna do it, similar to last year.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys calm down :D we are in teh second era still and if you afraid of the Skyrim dragon issues dont worry we still have at least 2 era to comes untill the dragons shows up in the 4th era in skyrim. and thats a lot of time.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The statues are probably based on a creation of Peryite's.
    Molag bal gave his dragon-like creatures six limbs, who's not to say that Peryite did the same thing?
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    nimander99 wrote: »
    So... Is this more dungeon's? Honestly... I think most people are here for the World Play, dungeons are just a thing people do to get dungeon specific gear... And didn't we just get 2 dungeons? Or am I missing something?

EDIT: NVM I'm trippin, we got Clockwork duh! Just ignore my whining ;)

We get 4 Dungeons every year, in packs of 2. Its in their content schedule.

wait, 2 x dungeon dlc? was it not like
    - dungeon dlc
    - chapter
    - new zone
    - new zone
    ?

I am not sure now...
    DLC (? unspecified)
    chapter
    dungeon-based DLC
    story DLC

We assumed the first and fourth would be new zones. However, it may not be the case; maybe the first one is a wild card and could be anything (so we might get two dungeon DLC this year). It would be in line with last year, which had Homestead as the first "DLC".

No assumptions needed there. We know the first DLC this year is a dungeon DLC called Dragon Bones, and that two of three DLCs scheduled for this year are dungeon DLCs. So presumably:

Dungeon (Dragon Bones)
    Chapter (Summerset)
    Dungeon
    ???

They could also have chaged the dongeon dlc to Q1 instead of Q3 and a zone in Q3. Make sense to have the smaller dlc before the chapter it give them more time to work on it since dongeon probably take way less time to make than a zone
    No one exept zos can really tell until Q3 is anouced we will see
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    So... Is this more dungeon's? Honestly... I think most people are here for the World Play, dungeons are just a thing people do to get dungeon specific gear... And didn't we just get 2 dungeons? Or am I missing something?

wait, 2 x dungeon dlc? was it not like
    - dungeon dlc
    - chapter
    - new zone
    - new zone
    ?

I am not sure now...
    DLC (? unspecified)
    chapter
    dungeon-based DLC
    story DLC

We assumed the first and fourth would be new zones. However, it may not be the case; maybe the first one is a wild card and could be anything (so we might get two dungeon DLC this year). It would be in line with last year, which had Homestead as the first "DLC".

No assumptions needed there. We know the first DLC this year is a dungeon DLC called Dragon Bones, and that two of three DLCs scheduled for this year are dungeon DLCs. So presumably:

Dungeon (Dragon Bones)
    Chapter (Summerset)
    Dungeon
    ???

They could also have chaged the dongeon dlc to Q1 instead of Q3 and a zone in Q3. Make sense to have the smaller dlc before the chapter it give them more time to work on it since dongeon probably take way less time to make than a zone
    No one exept zos can really tell until Q3 is anouced we will see

one of the DLCs is also a new zone (smaller one) - "story dlc"
    Edited by altemriel on January 4, 2018 7:13AM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/26281?Dragon-Bones-and-Update-17-Preview

Turns out UESP was 100% right about Peryite in Dragon Bones! Peryite is the Daedric Prince of pestilence, who "blesses" his worshippers with disease, and here we have "In Scalecaller Peak, the burial site of a long-dead Dragon Priest is now overrun with diseased cultists harboring an evil agenda: to unleash the deadliest plague Tamriel has ever known." Also, the third picture in the article shows Peryite's banner:
    624c8c22db5db9bc45f21c9f3aa41ad0.jpg

Unfortunately we were wrong about one of the Dragon Bones dungeons being Labyrinthian, although UESP members UlfricStormcloak, CyanPancake and IceFireWarden were right when they suggested Fang Lair. I was put off by it being in Hammerfell. Still, with Fang Lair on the border between Hammerfell and The Reach, you will probably enter it through Craglorn, like the Horns of the Reach dungeons.
    Arena-Map.jpg
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I thought it was only one dungeon pack per year... Not sure how I magiked up that assumption.

TY for the correction and info @ArchMikem
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They never said that. The outline last year mentioned one dungeon DLC (in Q3), the Q1 DLC was unspecified.

Okay now I'm confused... @Rosveen are you right or is @ArchMikem right?

Can we get a consensus.

Agree if Rosveen is right insightful if ArchMikem is right pls and ty.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They never said that. The outline last year mentioned one dungeon DLC (in Q3), the Q1 DLC was unspecified.

Can we get a consensus.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25913
  • Bloodystab
    Bloodystab
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny too read how people argue about Dragons not being Dragons etc...

Its Bethesda Lore, so that what for us is Chicken in Game can be a Dragon. Their world their rules...

Same with Orcs, there is tons of them in games, books, movies etc and they are different . They may look similar but they are not.

Just look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orc
    Edited by Bloodystab on January 4, 2018 9:34PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to preview in one dungs quest is to stop release of deadful desease and peryite is daedra of desease. So, yet another fight againt evil daedric cultists.

I bet fighting dracolich boss will be fun.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »
    All this rediculous arguing about what a dragon is supposed to look like in “real life” vs game, as if they ever existed in the first place. Then only referring to European dragons...lol. Any bring up Chinese dragons yet? Hahaha!
    Actually, there is no such a thing as an European dragon. Slavic dragons are different - just look at Змей Горыныч which is Russian dragon - it has 3 heads :smiley:! Also here (South Slavs) our dragons have 3, 7 or 9 heads :open_mouth:. Want more - here in Serbia there is a difference between male and female dragon (completely different words).

Yes! After Chernobyl, the fish have three eyes, so why not a dragon with three heads?!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can we get a consensus.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25913
    For those who don't want to scroll:

"Because we will be regularly introducing Chapters to ESO, we are going to make a small revision to our content delivery cadence, starting this year. We will continue to ship quarterly updates to the game – each with a base patch that has all the balance, quality of life, and bug fixes that you have come to expect. Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter."
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    pteam wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    Hope that ESO knows that there were no dragons in Skyrim... Dragon has 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs and wings...

you do realize that there are already multiple dragons in eso, right?

maxresdefault.jpg

Thats a daedric titan, not a dragon lmao

Call it whatever u want, but that sure looks like a dragon to me. :)

That's the point, daedric titans are based off dragons but are not dragons

Yeah just like all copies. My knockoff louis vuitton purse is like...totally not a purse...its just based off a purse.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be very surprised if the DLC gives us dragons in the same mold as Skyrim. What I am expecting is lots of draugur, a dragon priest or two, maybe, just maybe, a boss fight with a reanimated skeletal dragon.

Wow, I just watched today's ESO Live and my prediction from the other day was pretty much spot on lol.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    aliyavana wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    Hope that ESO knows that there were no dragons in Skyrim... Dragon has 2 front limbs, 2 back limbs and wings...

you do realize that there are already multiple dragons in eso, right?

maxresdefault.jpg

Thats a daedric titan, not a dragon lmao

Call it whatever u want, but that sure looks like a dragon to me. :)

That's the point, daedric titans are based off dragons but are not dragons

Yeah just like all copies. My knockoff louis vuitton purse is like...totally not a purse...its just based off a purse.
    A better comparison would be faux leather. It's made to resemble real leather and act like its substitute, but it has different properties and isn't really the same thing at all.
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    to unleash the deadliest plague Tamriel has ever known

sigh

Doesnt this stir memory. Someone stop the plague in question. Lest Ayrenn will have us don our nurse costumes again and babysit a whole lot of sick, cranky cats. They scratch, they hiss, they spit when one wants to take the temperature.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Demycilian wrote: »
    baratron wrote: »
    to unleash the deadliest plague Tamriel has ever known

sigh

Doesnt this stir memory. Someone stop the plague in question. Lest Ayrenn will have us don our nurse costumes again and babysit a whole lot of sick, cranky cats. They scratch, they hiss, they spit when one wants to take the temperature.

But maybe if we're lucky we can invade Thras again afterwards!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    -snip-

Meaning that Peryites version of a dragon could be considered more like a daedric titan than a dragon