Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

The Brass Soldier - WARNING You may become "Nervous"!

• GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting to become nervous
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol it's a reference to the... At least 3 players that said, "that health level makes me nervous" if you aren't nervous now, I doubt you'll get there
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a raging nervous right now
    Options
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol it's a reference to the... At least 3 players that said, "that health level makes me nervous" if you aren't nervous now, I doubt you'll get there

Low health makes me excited!!!
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
    Options
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we stop pretending like there weren't better made brass fortress builds day 1 of this patch

I swear every ESO build thread or video is like

"OK GUYS I'VE PERFECTED THIS MASSIVE SUSTAIN MASSIVE DAMAGE MASSIVE HUGE BALLS UNENDING *** BUILD"
    *whispers* bone pirate veli agility

ITS A SECRET SHHH DONT TELL ANYONE THE META IS ABOUT TO CHANGEEEE
    Options
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one should run brass, just a terrible build.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    can we stop pretending like there weren't better made brass fortress builds day 1 of this patch

I swear every ESO build thread or video is like

"OK GUYS I'VE PERFECTED THIS MASSIVE SUSTAIN MASSIVE DAMAGE MASSIVE HUGE BALLS UNENDING *** BUILD"
    *whispers* bone pirate veli agility

ITS A SECRET SHHH DONT TELL ANYONE THE META IS ABOUT TO CHANGEEEE

I'm meta now? Damn, that's kinda what I go against. Shoot, I don't remember ever claiming to be BiS, but if I did that was a mistake!
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    No one should run brass, just a terrible build.

Shoot again, it's a terrible build, must make me one of the best players ever seeing as I am on leaderboards and consistently win duels against even Emperors.

You know you're popular when haters show up, especially when you've only ever claimed to try and inspire new ideas.

But thanks for bumps gents! Always hate it when one of my threads die ;)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost like you give the vibe of a reasonable, nice, non-toxic player that just likes to try new stuff and puts it out there as public knowledge. Weird, @Waffennacht.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those above posts got me thinking

Here's a little story:

When I first started about 3 years ago I wrote my very first guide. It was a tanky mag sorc. I posted it, guess how many replies it got? - 0, it was that bad. Nice people cringed and turned away, negative people laughed and turned away. It was not deserving of a single comment.
    Take what that means as you will

Second story is about how I inspired the changing of the PvE meta. Did I make the build? No, did I come up with the idea? Nope. A player read a single line from one of my guides and it inspired him to create a build. Within 2 weeks balance was nerfed.

That was my proudest moment. I had helped someone think outside the box and create something revolutionary! My guides aren't to be followed like a map, just give ideas and inspiration - just like how @Dillpat inspired me.

I'm not about Meta or BiS, I'm about new and different. Of course I won't ever be as good as possible, I got bored of running the same thing as everyone else years ago.
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 26, 2017 10:04PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not out of the box.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Its not out of the box.

The only time I've seen brass was from @Dillpat (which is why I acknowledged him)

@A_G_G_R_O where have you seen such builds? (It isn't Tamriel foundry)

Or are you just stating that some inner circle of players that haven't posted on the forums have talked about it?

Because I'm not apart of such inner circles.

I only really have any communication with other players on the forums.

If you could link me to this already posted build you're talking about, I'd love to read it.

Edit: oh you joined the 9th of this month, must not be anything from our forums.
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 26, 2017 10:16PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join my circle, @Waffennacht . I'll chat you up all day about weird build choices. Admittedly, on stamwarden I feel like I have to run 7L and then I get to choose some other 5 piece for now. I also need to learn to stop sucking with dizzying swing/stop working night shifts (I just started, haha) so I can practice during prime time. I guess that's what I deserve for playing stamDK and magDK for such a long while.
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    casparian wrote: »

well ok,

i played now in the uesp builder and i get alot better stats when i use 5 ravager+ 5 sevent legion+ lava foot

but thats might be another playstyle than

@Trashs1 regarding the UESP builder, note that it doesn't include Automaton's 5-piece bonus in your stats or ability tooltips.

yes i know and i calculated the bonus on top, still win for ravager sevent combo

Check the PotL tooltip on Ravager 7th. Plus your low max stam will hurt your sustain. I literally run 7th+ravager on stamplar and while the damage is sick, the sustain is harder with the smaller max stat pool and lower regen, cost reduction. I basically have to heavy attack before and after every combo and you can’t kite much. It’s less useful solo because you can’t sustain when pressured by multiple people, especially with no SnB

yes lexxy thats called ballance in my eyes. such a high burst dmg and good surviveability should not be possible to sustain also so well

i get today internet in my new flat. i will definatelyx try it since i have an unused lizzard templar on my acc.

Agreed, no criticism.
    KingJ wrote: »
    Wanted to update:

Working on the mag version now.

3.5k spell DMG buffed. 2k Regen unbuffed. 31k spell resistance, 29.5k physical. 35k max mag. About 20k health.

Oh and btw, I have been theory crafting a Magicka Templar build using that will use:

Mighty Chudan x2...
    Fortified Brass x5...
    War Maiden x5...

I am working out the details, but it would yield me (in a PvP

I went with BSW over maiden, SnB, and Grothdarr

Nice...

With BSW + Grothdarr, the dps should be nice...

Btw, is that Health in PvP or PvE?
    Why BsW what's your uptime on it?

BSW is up when you need to burst, because it won’t proc until you use reflective light, it adds 626 buffed spell damage on the proc, that’s all that matters

For people saying the health is low, you can always run it with vamp, undeaths added mitigation at low HP works to mock a higher HP pool and you’ll have more sustain.
    I just feel reflective light isnt enough to keep it up.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Join my circle, @Waffennacht . I'll chat you up all day about weird build choices. Admittedly, on stamwarden I feel like I have to run 7L and then I get to choose some other 5 piece for now. I also need to learn to stop sucking with dizzying swing/stop working night shifts (I just started, haha) so I can practice during prime time. I guess that's what I deserve for playing stamDK and magDK for such a long while.

I have a stamden too lol, shelfed it because of the OP threads. Even if I don't agree, I won't run controversial elements any more. I was thinking of bringing him back if I could come up with something unique. If you're Xbox, na I'm looking for another guild and would love to join one.
    casparian wrote: »

well ok,

i played now in the uesp builder and i get alot better stats when i use 5 ravager+ 5 sevent legion+ lava foot

but thats might be another playstyle than

@Trashs1 regarding the UESP builder, note that it doesn't include Automaton's 5-piece bonus in your stats or ability tooltips.

yes i know and i calculated the bonus on top, still win for ravager sevent combo

Check the PotL tooltip on Ravager 7th. Plus your low max stam will hurt your sustain. I literally run 7th+ravager on stamplar and while the damage is sick, the sustain is harder with the smaller max stat pool and lower regen, cost reduction. I basically have to heavy attack before and after every combo and you can’t kite much. It’s less useful solo because you can’t sustain when pressured by multiple people, especially with no SnB

yes lexxy thats called ballance in my eyes. such a high burst dmg and good surviveability should not be possible to sustain also so well

i get today internet in my new flat. i will definatelyx try it since i have an unused lizzard templar on my acc.

Agreed, no criticism.
    Wanted to update:

Working on the mag version now.

3.5k spell DMG buffed. 2k Regen unbuffed. 31k spell resistance, 29.5k physical. 35k max mag. About 20k health.

Oh and btw, I have been theory crafting a Magicka Templar build using that will use:

Mighty Chudan x2...
    Fortified Brass x5...
    War Maiden x5...

I am working out the details, but it would yield me (in a PvP

I went with BSW over maiden, SnB, and Grothdarr

Nice...

With BSW + Grothdarr, the dps should be nice...

Btw, is that Health in PvP or PvE?
    Why BsW what's your uptime on it?

BSW is up when you need to burst, because it won’t proc until you use reflective light, it adds 626 buffed spell damage on the proc, that’s all that matters

For people saying the health is low, you can always run it with vamp, undeaths added mitigation at low HP works to mock a higher HP pool and you’ll have more sustain.
    I just feel reflective light isnt enough to keep it up.

I'm not nearly as surgical as @Lexxypwns (nor @zParallaxz ) so what I was doing was also running vamp bane for more fire DMG.

These builds can keep up, but aren't the same as what (for Xbox) it would be players like Lexxy, like parallax, like Gessner, like Khan, like every other player that you know who I'm talking about that stand in duel spots, runs.

If I win against them it's because I played better than perfect and got a bit lucky. And holy #$&+ do you get insane levels of hate (not the first 4) if you do manage to win. For as good as they are they sure are MEAN (even when they win!)

Which is very surprising imo. You'd think these players would cope with the very rare loss better...

I went off tangent.. ANYWAY... I enjoy these builds and never claim to be the best
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht , unfortunately I'm on PC. Though @Lexxypwns did make the jump back to PC!
    Options
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    [delete for irrelevance]
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on November 27, 2017 12:40AM
    Options
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anybody that understands this game looked at patch notes for fortified brass and understood instantly what it can and can't do for you

sorry you're not special

didn't read the encyclopedic chapters you wrote in response but I look forward to not reading part 2 of your 100 part self-promotion autobiography
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    anybody that understands this game looked at patch notes for fortified brass and understood instantly what it can and can't do for you

sorry you're not special

didn't read the encyclopedic chapters you wrote in response but I look forward to not reading part 2 of your 100 part self-promotion autobiography

Grow up man.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sorry you're not special

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your opinions have been duly noted. :)
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 27, 2017 4:34AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, for some folks reading is hard and takes effort. I'm from Kentucky and we get a lot of that here.
    Options
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Hey, for some folks reading is hard and takes effort. I'm from Kentucky and we get a lot of that here.

You blue?
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or are you just stating that some inner circle of players that haven't posted on the forums have talked about it?

Some players used that build the moment patch went live but never made a build thread or video.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

Some players used that build the moment patch went live but never made a build thread or video.
    So tf what.Why does it matter to you so much you upset you didn't do it.
    Options
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol how did this nice build thread turn so toxic
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtf are you all giving him a hard time for? He's just sharing, never claimed anything, and is helpful too the community with well published posts. Why are you so toxic?
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtf are you all giving him a hard time for? He's just sharing, never claimed anything, and is helpful too the community with well published posts. Why are you so toxic?

Cause waffen typed "first" lol.

But seriously, people might have been letting this slide under the radar, but threads and discussions are always more meaningful for the community. Especially for players that are looking for more transparency in a game that has a history of letting things slip hidden or misdirected.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So tf what.Why does it matter to you so much you upset you didn't do it.

Nothing in my post was toxic. I simply answered his question?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the point is that nobody cares who did it first. This is the first post (at least to my knowledge and I'm not going to invest a lot of time looking) that talks about a stamplar wearing brass fortress. There seems to be an angry and vocal minority about some manufactured injustice or faux pas.

No. Pretty much nobody from Kentucky is blue. But if you ever want to have an informed discussion about genomics and Appalachian founder effects I would be happy to chat you up. I'm pretty sure that you just meant it in a dull, weakly pedantic way and that conversation would be pretty one-sided.
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried using impreg instead?

My issue with this build is that it relies on damage mitigation through resists... which means that in order to use one of your two five pieces, you have to get hit...

But you don’t have a shield on your backbar, which means you can only tap block at most to avoid a dizzy or a cfrag.. you’ll be very vulnerable to getting focused.

I’d like to see this build but with impreg armor instead, and run with well fitted trait on everything so you can dodge roll for days. It synergizes much better with medium armor.

The thing that makes heavy armor tanky isn’t the resist.. it’s that 10% extra healing and the constitution passive that allows extra purifies through the mag return.

This build just doesn’t seem to play to the Templar or the medium armor strengths imo.

I’d love to see you use impreg / well fitted instead and let us know how you think it compares
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Have you tried using impreg instead?

My issue with this build is that it relies on damage mitigation through resists... which means that in order to use one of your two five pieces, you have to get hit...

But you don’t have a shield on your backbar, which means you can only tap block at most to avoid a dizzy or a cfrag.. you’ll be very vulnerable to getting focused.

I’d like to see this build but with impreg armor instead, and run with well fitted trait on everything so you can dodge roll for days. It synergizes much better with medium armor.

The thing that makes heavy armor tanky isn’t the resist.. it’s that 10% extra healing and the constitution passive that allows extra purifies through the mag return.

This build just doesn’t seem to play to the Templar or the medium armor strengths imo.

I’d love to see you use impreg / well fitted instead and let us know how you think it compares

Impreg would be solid for stamplars. Restoring focus + 2% into quick recovery = HA passive, 2500+1100= 3600 crit resists, 48% cheaper dodge roll let's you pick 20% block and 20% break free with potentially another 10-15% into dodge roll reduction. MA would give back missing Regen stats from running impreg.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options