The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The Brass Soldier - WARNING You may become "Nervous"!

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Automaton didn't affect rally when I tested it last patch. Convient how ZOS QC makes you check all these sets in the *hope* that they messed up.

It's just damage abilities. That's why some people front bar only it and why the 2H damages set exists. That will buff Rally.
    PC EU
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Automaton didn't affect rally when I tested it last patch. Convient how ZOS QC makes you check all these sets in the *hope* that they messed up.

It's just damage abilities. That's why some people front bar only it and why the 2H damages set exists. That will buff Rally.
    Only as of last patch though. Beforehand, it was a useless set.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick update: Added the BG example video!

I think that just about covers everything, unless anyone can think of anything?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht besides i really like this build..

i would rather equip ravager with healt jewels on this build than automation

are u sure mayor brutality works with automation? im not!

ravager gives more dmg, more healing and your healthpool will be on a normal lvl with them
    Edited by Trashs1 on November 23, 2017 7:05AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »

ravager gives more dmg, more healing and your healthpool will be on a normal lvl with them

Ravager is crit, health, wpn DMG + 630 with health on jewelry

Automaton is crit, stamina, wpn DMG, + 400 with Stam on jewelry, or 100 wpn DMG + 129 wpn DMG + 400 + 300 (converting Stam to won DMG) or 929 wpn DMG ravager is 630 + 129 or 759. Automaton out performs Ravager for Damage, Ravager out performs automaton in heals.

I'm positive it's modified by Major Brutality
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭

Automaton is crit, stamina, wpn DMG, + 400 with Stam on jewelry, or 100 wpn DMG + 129 wpn DMG + 400 + 300 (converting Stam to won DMG) or 929 wpn DMG ravager is 630 + 129 or 759. Automaton out performs Ravager for Damage, Ravager out performs automaton in heals.

well ok,

i played now in the uesp builder and i get alot better stats when i use 5 ravager+ 5 sevent legion+ lava foot

but thats might be another playstyle than
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well ok,

i played now in the uesp builder and i get alot better stats when i use 5 ravager+ 5 sevent legion+ lava foot

That's heavy, and it's what I run on my stamden lol. I'm not shooting for meta, I'm shooting for new and exciting!

Edit lol I'm pretty sure I've said this before on this thread
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 23, 2017 9:46AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭

well ok,

That's heavy, and it's what I run on my stamden lol. I'm not shooting for meta, I'm shooting for new and exciting!

Edit lol I'm pretty sure I've said this before on this thread

ahh nvm then didnt read all the posts :)

for a non meta build its nice and its ofc working!
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

well ok,

@Trashs1 regarding the UESP builder, note that it doesn't include Automaton's 5-piece bonus in your stats or ability tooltips.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

well ok,

@Trashs1 regarding the UESP builder, note that it doesn't include Automaton's 5-piece bonus in your stats or ability tooltips.

yes i know and i calculated the bonus on top, still win for ravager sevent combo
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

well ok,

yes i know and i calculated the bonus on top, still win for ravager sevent combo

Check the PotL tooltip on Ravager 7th. Plus your low max stam will hurt your sustain. I literally run 7th+ravager on stamplar and while the damage is sick, the sustain is harder with the smaller max stat pool and lower regen, cost reduction. I basically have to heavy attack before and after every combo and you can’t kite much. It’s less useful solo because you can’t sustain when pressured by multiple people, especially with no SnB
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 23, 2017 3:19PM
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

well ok,

Check the PotL tooltip on Ravager 7th. Plus your low max stam will hurt your sustain. I literally run 7th+ravager on stamplar and while the damage is sick, the sustain is harder with the smaller max stat pool and lower regen, cost reduction. I basically have to heavy attack before and after every combo and you can’t kite much. It’s less useful solo because you can’t sustain when pressured by multiple people, especially with no SnB

yes lexxy thats called ballance in my eyes. such a high burst dmg and good surviveability should not be possible to sustain also so well

i get today internet in my new flat. i will definatelyx try it since i have an unused lizzard templar on my acc.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to update:

Working on the mag version now.

3.5k spell DMG buffed. 2k Regen unbuffed. 31k spell resistance, 29.5k physical. 35k max mag. About 20k health.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    The Brass Soldier
    4.3k+ Weapon Damage, 30k Resistance Medium Armor Stamplar.

Disclaimer: Several Players have reported feeling "nervous" or anxious after reading this guide. Be warned I aim to change perceptions of build possibilities and non-meta ideas. If you are weak of heart, please stop reading now, your safety is of our primary concern

woHjB4o.png

Welcome to another one of my builds! This will be my first ever guide on a stamina build, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy playing it.

My play style works best with an edge of tank, I like builds that can stand a bit of heat and this build does just that, while maintaining a lot of damage.

Special Thanks to: @Lexxypwns @Paulsimonps @Minno @Thogard @Casparian and @Dillpat you all provided information, math, and inspiration! And of course the Community J

Gear:

Fortified Brass x5
    - Chest, Waist, Legs, Arms, and Weapon (2h, and 1h axe)

Strength of the Automaton x5/x4
    - Jewelry, Legs, and Weapon (1h Dagger)

Velidreth Set x2

-All Stamina Glyphs on Armor
    -All gear sets have the Impenetrable Trait.
    -Weapon traits are Nirnhoned main hand and 2h, Precise on Dagger

Jewelry Glyphs x2 Weapon Damage, x1 Stamina Recovery

Vj94enW.png
    Stats buffed by Brutality and Major Ward, No Weapon DMG glyph, Blue jewelry, Purple Glyphs, Undaunted Mettle 1 Outside PvP

Fortified Brass: This set has received both acclaim and disregard, I think it’s a great set and pairs absolutely well with the medium armor passives. I’ve heard a lot of players say you should just run heavy armor rather than Brass. While I agree the tanky play style is similar, Brass affords you more offensive capabilities along with sustain, and maybe more importantly the ability to keep Rally as a spot heal and run Shuffle.
    Let’s use Spriggan’s Thorns Set as an example, it provides 1096 Stamina x2, 129 wpn damage, and 3450 physical penetration, the 3450 penetration is worth 5% damage, the other stats are worth approximately 2% (rounding up) so essentially a total value of 11% damage (actually worth less than that I believe.) Brass provides 12.34% damage mitigation and health bonus, meaning Brass provides more than Spriggan’s in the opposite direction (and is effective against all builds while penetration is less effective against shield users.) High Critical Resistance, High Damage Resistance along with heals provide more mitigation than shields - the third best mitigation arguably behind Dodge Roll and Block.

Strength of the Automaton: I was comparing some of the most offensive sets for weapon damage, Strength of the Automaton provided more consistent damage bonus than Ravager or Hulking or 7th or Senche’s Bite and comes in Robust jewelry. When running Ravager most builds would run Lava Foot Stomp food because of the healthy jewelry. Well I wanted those same stats to pair with Automaton and gave it a whirl. The result was great, the stats provided are higher offensively than any other set.

Attention!
    Remember! Automaton's Weapon Damage Buff DOES NOT show on your character sheet, and IS BUFFED by Major Brutality and all other wpn DMG Modifiers - The True Buffed Weapon Damage of the build is over 4.3k

Food
    Lava Foot Stomp - Stamina and Stamina regeneration to make up for the fact that Fortified Brass does not provide any true sustain or damage qualities.

Mundus
    The Serpent - with no set bonuses providing Stamina Regeneration, Serpent was almost a must. If you are in a coordinated group you can go with Warrior and rely on your group when you get low on stamina, if you were to choose that route you would get near 5k weapon damage.

Class
    Templar - I feel like the natural tankiness of Templars is a great fit with Fortified Brass, you also get great abilities and purge effects. I have tested similar set ups on Stamina Warden with success, however I have not spent any length of time testing other classes.

Race
    Argonian, Orc, Redguard, Bosmer even Nord are all great choices. Really each race has advantages that allow you to work a certain stat around. My Templar is an Argonian and I have no regrets. The passives for Argonians work really well with Templars.

Skills
    Dual Wield Front Bar
    Rending Slashes, Biting Jabs, Blinding Javelin, Power of the Light, Resolving Vigor, Ultimate: Dawnbreaker or Crescent Sweep

2H Back Bar
    Rally, Stampede, Shuffle, Extended Ritual, Channeled Focus, Ultimate: Remembrance

The build focuses on Damage Over Time and Bleed Damage, this is a great counter to perm blocker builds and bleed goes through block. This also means you have sustained pressure to lock players down.

Dueling Video
    https://youtu.be/2CqyxwDwO00
    The Brass Soldier is surprisingly tanky

Champion Points
    The Steed
    Iron Clad: 40
    Spell Shield: 17
    Medium Armor Focus: 17
    Resistant: 50

The Lady
    Hardy: 37
    Elemental Defender: 37
    Thick Skinned: 13

The Lord
    Quick Recovery: 19

The Tower
    Warlord: 56
    Siphoner: 19
    Sprinter: 3

The Lover
    Mooncalf: 75

Thief
    Tumbling: 72
    Shadow Ward: 5

The Apprentice
    Blessed: 43

The Atronach
    Master-at-Arms: 34

The Ritual
    Thaumaturge: 51
    Precise Strikes: 37
    Mighty: 64
    Piercing: 1

Potions and Poisons
    ID4kCXX.png

Probably my favorite potion to pair with Templar, the speed is necessary in BGs and I love the added benefit of Major Endurance. Sure Brutality is redundant but I haven't gone looking too hard for Potion mixes.

The Poison is wicked, if what they say is true the added cost of stamina includes roll dodge and CC break. This poison roots for 3.5 seconds (definitely long enough) but most opponents dodge roll out - at an increased cost - then add on top of that a hard CC, you're putting massive pressure to builds' stamina pools.

Battle Ground Example Video
    https://youtu.be/dtNtRCPAwc4
    I cut out boring parts, 1v1 parts (you can watch the duel example for that) etc, a good example of what the Brass Soldier is like in a few Battle Grounds.

Looking through the build you see it has sustained pressure, purge, burst with the ultimate and power of the light, several strong snares, a hard CC that can be used just as defensively as offensively, HoTs, Burst Heal, Evasion, Snare Removal, the only thing it does not have as is, is Major Expedition. We can gain access to this through potions. Though I typically only ever use the exceedingly cheap Health Potions.

This guide, like all my guides, is a work in progress, and will be updated with pictures and videos, Champion Points, etc when I have access and time. Thank you very much for all of your help Forum Community!

Please feel free to ask any questions, or mention something that I have missed!

nice setup :p and np :)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dillpat I was hoping you would comment! Your build was the first time I saw fortified brass and made me want to use it :)

Yeah ty for your guide, I love stealing ideas ;)

Any advice to share?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to update:

3.5k spell DMG buffed. 2k Regen unbuffed. 31k spell resistance, 29.5k physical. 35k max mag. About 20k health.

The stats are awesome...

But that Health makes me nervous!!! ;,,,;

Edit: does that Health reflect a PvP or PvE environment?

If those stats apply in PvE, then they are awesome all around; if they apply for PvP, the Health is a bit on the low side...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on November 25, 2017 1:59AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht

I love the build in the OP btw; I think its awesome you found a "sweet spot" as pertains the balance of offensive and defense in your build...

Well done!!

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to update:

Oh and btw, I have been theory crafting a Magicka Templar build using Brass that will use (5 Light, 1 Medium, 1 Heavy):

Mighty Chudan x2...
    Fortified Brass x5...
    War Maiden x5...

I am working out the details, but it would yield me (in a PvP environment):

37k Spell Resist...
    29k Physical Resist (both at all times)...
    30k Health...
    36k Magicka...
    55% Spell Crit...

Anyway, I cant wait to hear how your build works out...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on November 25, 2017 2:13AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to update:

Oh and btw, I have been theory crafting a Magicka Templar build using that will use:

Mighty Chudan x2...
    Fortified Brass x5...
    War Maiden x5...

I am working out the details, but it would yield me (in a PvP

I went with BSW over maiden, SnB, and Grothdarr
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to update:

Oh and btw, I have been theory crafting a Magicka Templar build using that will use:

Mighty Chudan x2...
    Fortified Brass x5...
    War Maiden x5...

Nice...

With BSW + Grothdarr, the dps should be nice...

Btw, is that Health in PvP or PvE?

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster that's in PvP, I haven't been using any health bonus things for a while now. So it's like 13k in PvE lol.
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 25, 2017 3:46AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDoomsdayMonster that's in PvP, I haven't been using any health bonus things for a while now. So it's like 13k in PvE lol.

Well, if it works, it works...

Let us know how it turns out...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if it works, it works...

Let us know how it turns out...

@TheDoomsdayMonster well ATM 20th in death match leaderboards, and unhappy former emperors and grand overlords, you can also watch the BG video :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 1vX clips show better perspective about the build than Xv1'ing people with your groupmates. And judging from the last clip in your video, you are still squishy when in times you forgot to reflesh shuffle.

Maybe you need more health idk. 18k health is super super low for me.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    I think 1vX clips show better perspective about the build than Xv1'ing people with your groupmates. And judging from the last clip in your video, you are still squishy when in times you forgot to reflesh shuffle.

Maybe you need more health idk. 18k health is super super low for me.

I don't do Cyrodiil really anymore, so the 1v2 or so in BGs is really the best of that you're gonna get unfortunately.

Lol that last clip, good ending note right? I was going for a Purge + Remembrance and wrath + implosion got me right before I could.

By no means are you a 1v3 stand there all day tank, you're a damage build with just more survivability - it's more akin to Riposte.

I know a lot of players don't like having that low of health, I get that. I do not have a problem with such low health, and yeah I do die, I'm not immortal! Lmao
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to update:

Mighty Chudan x2...
    Fortified Brass x5...
    War Maiden x5...

Nice...

Why BsW what's your uptime on it?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Wanted to update:

Mighty Chudan x2...
    Fortified Brass x5...
    War Maiden x5...

Nice...

Helps both damage and heals, I am on Xbox so no add on for up time, but seems to be high enough. I've only had a few chances to test. Nothing set in stone yet.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht I'm actually quite interested in the mag version. I have my version in mind, but would love to see what you come up with.
  • Dillpat
    Dillpat
    ✭✭✭
    @Dillpat I was hoping you would comment! Your build was the first time I saw fortified brass and made me want to use it :)

Yeah ty for your guide, I love stealing ideas ;)

Any advice to share?

nah, armour master use to does the same as brass but both sets are better then they have ever been imo if u pair them with medium as it lets you keep playing like a blind bat, jumping into everything and not feeling super squishy.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

well ok,

yes lexxy thats called ballance in my eyes. such a high burst dmg and good surviveability should not be possible to sustain also so well

i get today internet in my new flat. i will definatelyx try it since i have an unused lizzard templar on my acc.

Agreed, no criticism.
    KingJ wrote: »
    Wanted to update:

Mighty Chudan x2...
    Fortified Brass x5...
    War Maiden x5...

Nice...

BSW is up when you need to burst, because it won’t proc until you use reflective light, it adds 626 buffed spell damage on the proc, that’s all that matters

For people saying the health is low, you can always run it with vamp, undeaths added mitigation at low HP works to mock a higher HP pool and you’ll have more sustain.

Edited by Lexxypwns on November 25, 2017 4:09PM