The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Brass Soldier - WARNING You may become "Nervous"!

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    n9qxOM6.jpg

Here are my stats with the build on my pretty boy Redguard and with Undaunted Mettle (I'm in 5 medium 2 heavy). That's in Cyrodiil buffed with Major Brutality, Savagery, and Endurance (from a potion), Resolve, and Ward. I'm wearing Selene and running Dubious Throne. All weapon damage glyphs and purple jewelry; nirn axe, sharp dagger. As Waffenacht has pointed out, the weapon damage in a fight is more like 4.3k. I only have 660 CP, so I can squeeze a little more out of the build once I get the remaining 30 (in particular, more crit resist).

It definitely took a while to get used to the difference between this build and the significantly higher-damage Ravager + Pirate / Ravager + Auto builds I'm used to. For some applications, I still like those builds better. But there's a lot to be said for a stamplar that has more defense built into his toolkit. The two best options for that, as far as I can tell, are Coward's and Fortified Brass. Coward's works very well as a backbar set on a 2H/SnB setup, but I like DW bleedplar too much for that. Trying out this build has been a lot of fun.

(Off topic: the lighting in that screenshot is not what my game looks like. Not sure why it turned out that way, or why it made my dyes look so mismatched.)
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice. Brass in light with a recovery set is amazing for pvp healers as well. Looking forward to trying this if I respec to stamplar!
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol that title change is op
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol that title change is op
    You beat to me.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    brass gives 12.25% damage reduction against everything.

Wow.

Is it really that much? I was wondering how brass performs versus:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Shield+of+the+Valiant+Set

But based on your number, it looks like brass is the clear winner.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to let people know I added CPs and a little picture of potions and poisons
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw where are we getting these mitigation numbers?

Blade cloak does 25% damage mitigation on AoE, not 13%.

Are we saying that it’s marginal benefit is 13% because it’s multiplicative? Whereas the additional resists are additive? (IE if there’s already 50% mitigation through resists, blade cloak would then mitigate another 12.5%..

Blade cloak being 1* (1-50%) * (1-25%)

vs brass which is
    1 * (1-50% -12%)

Is that correct?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I dislike about this build is the low max magic and magic recovery but Argonian helps with that.I dont like this build on other racist so far.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Btw where are we getting these mitigation numbers?

Blade cloak does 25% damage mitigation on AoE, not 13%.

Are we saying that it’s marginal benefit is 13% because it’s multiplicative? Whereas the additional resists are additive? (IE if there’s already 50% mitigation through resists, blade cloak would then mitigate another 12.5%..

Blade cloak being 1* (1-50%) * (1-25%)

vs brass which is
    1 * (1-50% -12%)

Is that correct?

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of it correctly.
    KingJ wrote: »
    Only thing I dislike about this build is the low max magic and magic recovery but Argonian helps with that.I dont like this build on other racist so far.

I'm gonna try some ideas, move things around, see how it all turns out
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys have sparked my curiosity in Brass, I’m just curious if people find the max resistances a better alternative this patch compared to crit resistance in Impregnable Armor this patch ?

At 50% crit chance and 70% CHD(then your crits are increasing your damage by 35%. Let's look at a 10k base hit in pvp, a crit will do 17k, this also pushes your average attack to 13.5k. Impreg offers 36.7% crit resistance. That reduces the crit damage to 12,840 and the average attack damage to 11,420. That's a 24.5% reduction in spike damage but only a 15.5% reduction in overall damage taken. With a CHD of 1.6 you take 12,330 damage on a crit, or a reduction of 23% and 11,165 average for 17.3% reduction. Impreg is going to give you variable results, if someone hits you with their combo and none of it crits though then your entire 5pc set was wasted.

Brass adds 12.3% damage mitigation at all times regardless of circumstance, giving you consistent performance regardless of opponent or RNG luck.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 21, 2017 7:56PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys have sparked my curiosity in Brass, I’m just curious if people find the max resistances a better alternative this patch compared to crit resistance in Impregnable Armor this patch ?

At 50% crit chance and 70% CHD(then your crits are increasing your damage by 35%. Let's look at a 10k base hit in pvp, a crit will do 17k, this also pushes your average attack to 13.5k. Impreg offers 36.7% crit resistance. That reduces the crit damage to 12,840 and the average attack damage to 11,420. That's a 24.5% reduction in spike damage but only a 15.5% reduction in overall damage taken. With a CHD of 1.6 you take 12,330 damage on a crit, or a reduction of 23% and 11,165 average for 17.3% reduction. Impreg is going to give you variable results, if someone hits you with their combo and none of it crits though then your entire 5pc set was wasted.

Brass adds 12.3% damage mitigation at all times regardless of circumstance, giving you consistent performance regardless of opponent or RNG luck.

To add on to this...

Impreg isn’t a set I would “back bar” only... it’s there to prevent those bursty combos with criticism that drop you faster than you can react. Most of the time, those unexpected combos happen on your more vulnerable bar...

But impreg is pretty amazing because it allows you to run sturdy or well fitted or nirnhoned instead of impen on your armor traits.

I’m actually really curious about that... if we went full nirnhoned on all the armor traits, how much resist would that give?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favourite pvp class. Really nice build
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Health can be entirely irrelevant.

I run a cancer build now and then that can hit for as high as 20k on a PvP player, the only toon I have ever truely one shot people with. I have run into players with 20k health that were afk and still took enough rotations to have killed 3-4 50k health players. One was wearing chudan/pirate, pariah and ravager. Pariah is awesome but unfortunately scales best into execute range.

• BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for clearing it up between impregnable and brass, insightful for you guys.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help it, I have a magicka idea I wanna try
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to let people know I added CPs and a little picture of potions and poisons

Holy healing boosts, Batman lol.

With speed pots, maybe swap enough points to get windrunner passive then swap some points from blessed to get more DMG stats while using restoring focus over channeled focus.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna post CP soon, and I'm gonna guess it's not optimal lol but I'll work on that.

@casparian I'm gonna keep you in mind when I check out my CPs

7th Legion/ Ravager, both are great sets. And I tried running both, (not at the same time... That's my stamden...) Just mathmatically on a medium build Automaton our performs them in terms of offense (health trait on jewelry)

So for a jewelry set, Senche's bite and Automation add a ton of offense and don't need to be on both bars (neither does 7th or Ravager necessarily)

I really like the medium Passives, and when I compared the Stats of 7th + Ravager against Automaton + Brass, the stats are darn near identical - difference is armor Passives. (Fully buffed)

I could easily go with dubious for more health, it's just not necessary :)

I'll be posting the duel video today, almost entirely against leaderboard leaders.

@Waffennacht

I'm thinking of giving brass a whirl, but I don't have Automaton. Any thoughts on how Brass+Spriggans would perform?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MurderMostFoul If I had Spriggan's set it would have been tested just like Automaton, it looks like it should perform just as well. I see no reason it shouldn't do very well
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MurderMostFoul If I had Spriggan's set it would have been tested just like Automaton, it looks like it should perform just as well. I see no reason it shouldn't do very well

Spriggans should add both more healing and damage than automaton with the caveat that it doesn't effect damage shields. It has superior 2-4 pieces(this is where the more healing comes from) has a 5pc that doesn't improve healing(same as automaton) and doesn't effect damage shield(the only drawback).

Automaton adds ~975 effective weapon power whereas Spriggans adds ~1085.(these numbers are unbuffed, automaton gets the benefit of brutality, but there's nothing modifying that 1 line of crit it provides whereas spriggans gets no benefits from brutality but allows you to change your CP allocation to get some nice passives)
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 22, 2017 5:01PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spriggans should add both more healing and damage than automaton with the caveat that it doesn't effect damage shields. It has superior 2-4 pieces(this is where the more healing comes from) has a 5pc that doesn't improve healing(same as automaton) and doesn't effect damage shield(the only drawback).

Automaton adds ~975 effective weapon power whereas Spriggans adds ~1085.

I assume it adds healing because you can put points into blessed instead of penetration?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm editing up a BG video, it's a real hoot!

Because I'm broke af I'm just daydreaming of a magicka version (why? Because I can)

Here's my initial thought process:

why brass over, say, a max mag set to buff shields? - if I can get a light build to cut ties with the max mag stat for survivability I can build more similarly to a medium build i.e. focus on spell damage

Heals are accessible and plentiful for mag

Nice damage abilities as well

Cost of abilities lurks in my mind of something to be addressed

Execute, heal during damage, one of the best spot heals.

No snare immunity without mist form/potion (concern)

I already have set ideas in mind, I would love to push the 4k spell damage mark.

I'm thinking mist form maybe a must...

Anyway new video coming soon!

@Lexxypwns ty for another informative post!

1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

I assume it adds healing because you can put points into blessed instead of penetration?

the 2-4 pieces are max stam x2 and weapon damage x1 as opposed to 1x crit 1x stam 1x damage. This results in superior healing and damage from the 2-4 for spriggans. Neither 5pc is boosting your healing and spriggans 5pc is also useless against shields to boot. There's a another small edge in that PotL scales from max stam and spriggans has more max stam added to the kit. However, automaton gets boosted by brutality where spriggans doesn't.

I think it's a hard choice, between the two, but I personally would run automaton since it is much more versatile and fits the whole stamplar kit.

@Waffennacht did you test Hulking? It adds ~100 less effective weapon damage but will improve your sustain, healing, and PotL numbers. I think you're right on the edge for damage needs though and it may push you too low, unless the extra max pool affords you the sustain to squeeze in a damage glyph on jewelry.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 22, 2017 5:02PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the 2-4 pieces are max stam x2 and weapon damage x1 as opposed to 1x crit 1x stam 1x damage. This results in superior healing and damage from the 2-4 for spriggans. Neither 5pc is boosting your healing and spriggans 5pc is also useless against shields to boot. There's a another small edge in that PotL scales from max stam and spriggans has more max stam added to the kit. However, automaton gets boosted by brutality where spriggans doesn't.

I think it's a hard choice, between the two, but I personally would run automaton since it is much more versatile and fits the whole stamplar kit.

@Waffennacht did you test Hulking? It adds ~100 less effective weapon damage but will improve your sustain, healing, and PotL numbers. I think you're right on the edge for damage needs though and it may push you too low.

I don't have the full set (I haven't looked lol) big thing was I would have to (or like to) have hulking on both bars meaning it would replace Brass, which I didn't wanna do :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Waffennacht did you test Hulking? It adds ~100 less effective weapon damage but will improve your sustain, healing, and PotL numbers. I think you're right on the edge for damage needs though and it may push you too low.

I don't have the full set (I haven't looked lol) big thing was I would have to (or like to) have hulking on both bars meaning it would replace Brass, which I didn't wanna do :)

ah, yeah, of course, I totally missed that
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm editing up a BG video, it's a real hoot!

Because I'm broke af I'm just daydreaming of a magicka version (why? Because I can)

Here's my initial thought process:

why brass over, say, a max mag set to buff shields? - if I can get a light build to cut ties with the max mag stat for survivability I can build more similarly to a medium build i.e. focus on spell damage

Heals are accessible and plentiful for mag

Nice damage abilities as well

Cost of abilities lurks in my mind of something to be addressed

Execute, heal during damage, one of the best spot heals.

No snare immunity without mist form/potion (concern)

I already have set ideas in mind, I would love to push the 4k spell damage mark.

I'm thinking mist form maybe a must...

Anyway new video coming soon!

@Lexxypwns ty for another informative post!

For a magicka version i was thinking of running with amber plasm and trying wm brew, apprentice/ mage and playing with jewelry for the right amount of sustain. Amber and a tripot is typically enough stam sustain for me. That won't be close to 4k spell damage though if you're wearing brass. But you also don't need 4k spell dmg in light magicka to be a killer.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Automaton adds ~975 effective weapon power whereas Spriggans adds ~1085.(these numbers are unbuffed, automaton gets the benefit of brutality, but there's nothing modifying that 1 line of crit it provides whereas spriggans gets no benefits from brutality but allows you to change your CP allocation to get some nice passives)

Awesome, thanks
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

so rally is unaffected by automaton? I believe this to be true but I haven't confirmed it or researched enough

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so rally is unaffected by automaton? I believe this to be true but I haven't confirmed it or researched enough

I'm fairly confident that automaton does not affect Rally. Based on the wording, it shouldn't, but nothing surprises me any more.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You actually made me think of a magblade duel build with this post. 5 brass 5 riposte 1 kena 1 master staff, 5 light 2 heavy. Gotta grind some gold and I'll test that right away lol. (there's a tournament coming that doesn't allow 2p monster sets, hence no skoria).

Edit: or maybe swap out 1 kena for 1 chudan, hmmmmmm
    Edited by Subversus on November 22, 2017 9:03PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Automaton didn't affect rally when I tested it last patch. Convient how ZOS QC makes you check all these sets in the *hope* that they messed up.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma