Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

How to Have Fun and Make Friends in the In-Game Dungeon Event Nov 30-Dec 6

VaranisArano
VaranisArano
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
How to Have Fun and Make Friends in the In-Game Dungeon Event
With the upcoming In-Game Dungeon Event starting Nov. 30 to Dec. 6, there’s going to be a lot of people packing into ESO’s Group Dungeons. Hopefully, this is a fun experience for everyone! However, with this event, you get rewards for every character who runs a random group dungeon, so there’s going to be a ton of people feeling the pressure to get 8-14 characters through their daily random dungeon, so things are going to get hectic. While the best thing we can do is chill out and remember it’s just a game, here’s a basic guide to doing this event and not losing your mind over it.

Event Information
Link to Event Information: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/10millionstories?_ga=2.23477178.1214482009.1509392699-1794037482.1440079556
"Event is live from Nov. 30 at 10 a.m. EST until Dec. 6 at 10 a.m. EST. Complete a random dungeon via the Dungeon Finder – Normal or Veteran mode – to earn a Mysterious Reward Box. This curious cache could contain loads of awesome in-game rewards: consumables, pets, costumes, and even a massive collection of super rare mounts and houses. You can obtain a Mysterious Reward Box once per day per character.

On each day of the event between Nov. 30 and Dec. 6 that you complete a random dungeon via the Dungeon Finder, you will also be granted one bonus entry into the ESO 10 Million Stories Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes"), up to a max of seven (7) bonus entries. See Official Rules below for eligibility and other restrictions."

This guide is geared towards players looking at this event going “I have to run a group dungeon? How do I group dungeon?” or players looking for ways to chill out and remember it’s just a game.

To New Players and Players New to Group Finder:
We’re not all jerks, I promise! Find a role that you like to do, ask if you need help, and try to have fun.

To Experienced Players who can run dungeons in our sleep and probably solo half of them:
Don’t be a jerk. That’s pretty simple, right? Just don’t be a jerk.

Before you get in the Groupfinder
There are three roles: Tank, Healer, and Damage Dealer. In your group menu, choose the role that fits what you can do. (I’ll go over the basics of each role later.)
Bring what you need to succeed: potions, food/drink, armor repair kits, soul gems
Bring a positive attitude, or if you can’t, at least try not to pass a bad mood on to your teammates.
Be patient. Tanks and Healers have the fastest queues because there are less of them. If you are considering queuing as multiple roles for the faster queue time, check the role descriptions below and make sure you can fill the basic job of that role. If you can, go for it. If you can't, don't, or queue with a pre-made group.

Once in the dungeon, its nice to:
Say hi
Ask if anyone needs the quest/gear
If you need the quest/gear, speak up. Most groups will wait for you
Stick together. This is a group dungeon and its polite to let the whole group do the dungeon. I know rushing ahead gets it done quicker, but its really annoying to the people left behind or stamina players who have to spend fighting resources to keep up with the pace.
At the end, if someone needed the quest, hang out long enough for them to turn it in.

Kicking and/or Leaving
So, you’ve gotten your daily random dungeon, but it’s a hard one. It’s going to take longer than you want and you’ve got 8-14 other characters to complete random dungeons on. Nope! Hitting the leave button right now! It’d be polite to give you group a nice “Hey, guys, sorry, I’m out. Good luck!”
So, you’ve gotten your daily random dungeon, it’s a hard one, and what’s this! Someone of a lower level or lower CP than I think can complete this dungeon? KICK HIM before he ruins the dungeon run!
Both of these are going to be common during the event (along with complaints about the 15-minute timer on re-queuing for group dungeons). If someone leaves your group, you can use group finder again to fill the missing role in your group or simply carry on without them. As long as you haven’t killed any of the bosses, the new member will simply complete the dungeon with you. If you have completed bosses and the replacement is mid-dungeon, I’m not 100% sure whether that counts as completing a dungeon for the purposes of the event. Anyone know? ZOS? Anyone? Bueller?
Kicking people is a stickier situation. For an event like this, when everyone in game is going to be in random dungeons, if you can’t handle having a lower level player or low CP in your dungeon, for Arkay’s sake queue for a random dungeon in a premade group. In an event like this, random is random, and you are agreeing to do your best to make that group work. If you can’t or won’t, queue as a premade group with members that meet your expectations. Don’t be a jerk to players who don’t when you agreed to run with random players.
When to kick? I don’t like kicking players, period, but it’s pretty justified under two circumstances: Jerkish behavior and incompetence on a serious level. Jerks are no fun to play with, so why let them waste your time? Similarly, incompetence that prevents your group from being able to complete the dungeon is wasting your time. Now, I’m generally in favor of teaching players when I think ignorance is the problem. I’ll also put up with certain levels of incompetence that don’t derail the dungeon run, like a tank who’s really a DPS and won’t run a taunt but the group is able to carry them. Other people won’t accept that level of incompetence.

So how to be competent at your role?
Tank

A tank’s most basic job is to hold boss aggro, use a taunt, and don’t die.
A good tank holds boss aggro, uses a taunt, doesn’t die, holds the boss more or less still, debuffs the boss, buffs the group, and provides crowd control.
Any class can be a good tank because they’ve all got skills that can cover those jobs.

Let’s talk taunts. If you are queued as a tank in the group finder, USE A TAUNT. There are four taunts in the gain, all of them single-target (though starting a fight with AOE is a good way to grab the attention of mobs). If you don't have a taunt or aren't using one, its pretty obvious when the boss is in everyone's face but yours. So use a taunt.
  • Puncture -> One hand and Shield skill. A melee taunt. The Pierce Armor morph gives both Major Fracture and Major Breach, potent debuffs
  • Inner Fire -> Undaunted skill. A ranged taunt with a magicka and stamina morph.
  • Ice Staff Heavy Attack -> Destruction Staff passive Ancient Knowledge. With ranks in Ancient Knowledge, the ice staff heavy attack becomes a taunt.
  • Tormentor set -> 5th piece gear bonus, on a charge, the enemy is taunted.

Why be a tank?
A good tank brings order to the chaos, holding the trash mobs more or less together so that the DPS can mow them down, holding the boss in place so that DPS can focus on damage, and keeping the heavy hits focused away from the squishier members of the party.

Healer
A healer’s most basic job is to keep the party alive and stay alive. Physician, heal thyself and all that.
A good healer keeps themselves and the party alive and healthy, buffs the group, helps with sustaining resources, and does a some DPS when they aren’t focused on healing.

Sources of group healing
Any class can be a healer. Templars and Wardens have a ton of healing available through class skills. Sorcerers have the burst from the Twilight Matriarch pet. I’m not as familiar with Nightblade and Dragonknight healers, but both can be healers.
Restoration Staff: The Restoration Staff has a ton of great healing abilities that mesh well with class skills in order to keep your group healed. Some skills, like Combat Prayer, will also buff the group.
Other useful skills:
Elemental Drain -> Destruction Staff, restores magicka
Necrotic Orbs -> Undaunted, restores magicka or stamina to group members with the synergy

Why be a healer?
Healers are the awesome, essential support players who keep their party in top notch fighting form. Healers make it easier for everyone to focus on their jobs. Healers can also make or break a party. Never annoy your healer. Funny comic to that effect: https://isriana.deviantart.com/art/TESO-Respect-Your-Healers-696152788

Damage Dealer/DPS
The basic job of a DPS is to do damage to the boss and other enemies in the dungeon.
A good DPS uses a rotation with both damage over time skills (DOTs) and single target abilities for max DPS, uses AOE skills to kill mobs quickly, gets out of the way of environmental damage or big boss hits, and resurrects fallen teammates.

Tips for DPS
  • Know your DPS – this is a good indicator of what level of content you should be trying. You can find out your sustained DPS on a target dummy on any platform or with add-ons for PC. The lower your DPS, the more you want to stick to Normal dungeons. In my experience (and others' will vary) most veteran dungeons can be completed with 10-15k DPS, but comfortable clears will take higher DPS. Most normal dungeons can easily be done with 5-10k DPS, and nearly every build/level can pull that much DPS with a little practice.
  • Practice your rotation – having high DPS is a matter of practice combining your DOTs with single target abilities. For Stamina users, you’ll often see DPS using a bow back bar for Endless Hail. For Magicka users, you’ll often see a destruction staff for Elemental Blockade.
  • If you struggle with trash mobs, use area of effect (AOE) abilities to hit multiple targets.
  • If you struggle with bosses, figure out your problem. Running out of resources? Look at improving sustain with recovery glyphs or more heavy attacks. Dying? Try to roll dodge out of big attacks or stay in front of your healer so they can watch your health bar. Boss mechanics doing you in? Ask your group members for advice. Can’t do enough damage? Practice your rotation or level up better skills.
  • Please, use a food/drink that helps you with your stats or sustain. You will find that having a food/drink buff makes your life so much easier.
  • Don’t use a TAUNT. Seriously, go review the list of taunts in the Tank section. See those? Don’t use them. It annoys the tank to no end and the tank might end up saying, ”You taunt it? You tank it.” And now you have to deal with the boss in your face.

Finally, be aware of your surroundings. DPS are usually the squishiest members of the party, and while your healer is frantically trying to make sure you stay alive and you probably have a self-heal of your own to pick up the slack, DPS are the most vulnerable to “standing in stupid.” If there’s an environmental hazard or a big boss aoe coming, don’t stand and take it. Get out! It’ll make your healer happy, and your teammates won’t think you’re an idiot who stands in stupid.

Why be a damage dealer?
Good DPS mow down enemies like a lawnmower cutting down grass. Its an awesome feeling to slaughter all enemies foolish enough to stand up to your group. And downing a difficult boss despite everything he can throw at you...well, damaging dealing is all about having the highest damage and killing things as quickly as you can. When you do it right, its incredibly satisfying.

General Dungeon Tips
  • Normal Dungeons are considerably easier than Veteran Dungeons. The mechanics are much more forgiving and the DPS required for an easy run is much lower. If you are new to dungeons, have low DPS, or just want fairly quick runs since you’ve got 8-14 characters to do, Normal Dungeons are your friend.
  • With Clockwork City, ZOS changed the group finder level requirements to better reflect dungeon difficulty. All II and DLC normal dungeons now unlock at level 45, with the others unlocking progressively before that. All veteran DLC dungeons, Vet Crypt of Hearts II , and Vet City of Ash II unlock at CP 160. So, seriously, there’s not really an excuse anymore for kicking lower level/lower CP players anymore. If you did random dungeons before the change, relax. Your low level characters won't get thrown into the DLC dungeons all the time.
  • Respect the boss mechanics. Some of them are ignorable on Normal, some are not. Most require respect on Veteran. If you don’t know the fight, ask your group mates.
  • Remember that the Daily Random Dungeon in NOT the Daily Random Quick ‘N Easy Dungeon. Sometimes you’ll get harder dungeons.
  • It’s a group dungeon. While most of these can be soloed, this event is all about doing the dungeon as a group. Dungeons are a lot more fun when you stick together and complete them as a group. “But its more fun for me when I complete it quickly!” I hear the showboat DPS say. You are one person of four in the dungeon. If you want a speedrun, ask the group if that’s okay and if it is, go for it. Just be courteous – its no fun for the other people to be trailing in your wake.
  • Be patient. Tanks and healers have the fastest queue times. DPS have to wait because there are more DPS. If you are considering queuing for multiple roles to get through dungeons quicker, double check the basic job of a tank, healer, and DPS. If you can meet those, go for it. If you can’t, don’t.
  • Pre-made groups are the best if you A. want to run in a combination of roles that isn’t tank/healer/DPS/DPS. You can run dungeons in any combo you want to, but the best way to do that is in a pre-made group. B. if you have requirements for players beyond that they meet the basic job they queued for. If you want shards from a healer, queue in a pre-made with a templar. If you want 20k DPS from your damage dealer, queue in a premade with a friend, and so on.
  • Don’t be afraid to research dungeons ahead of time or ask about boss mechanics. There are a ton of guides on the forums and Youtube for the different dungeons. I’m always happy to explain a boss’ mechanics, and I’m sure most players would rather take a moment to explain what to look for rather than spend that amount of time rezzing your dead body because you couldn’t know any better. Research isn’t necessary, but if you are really nervous about jumping into dungeons, guides might help.

Overall, chill out. Relax. Have fun. It’s a game. Be courteous to your fellow random group members. Be generous with new players. Be patient in queue and make sure you can do the basic job of whatever role you queue for. Use premade groups if you want different combinations of roles or have special requirements.

Feel free to chime in with things I missed, got wrong, or need to correct! If you have advice you want to add, or especially good guides for dungeons, feel free to add your thoughts. Please do keep comments constructive since we’ll have everyone from experienced CP 690s to brand new level 10s jumping into group dungeons during the event. The aim for this event is for players to get into group dungeons, not leave with impression that groupfinder is full of jerks or be scared of group dungeons. Stay positive and welcoming.

Thanks for reading!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome of you to put this info/guide together. I wonder what the mysterious rewards will be!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thoughtful thread, VaranisArano! For those will needing additional encouragement geared for those who are still nervous about grouping for dungeons, you really can do it.

And if you want to make friends to run things with, you can let people know you are looking. :smiley: People often make friends after being grouped with strangers as well. If someone you are put into party with seems helpful and kind, send them a friend request.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also as dps you may need to wait hours to get into a random group..so start making friends now to avoid it altogether if you are dps.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    Also as dps you may need to wait hours to get into a random group..so start making friends now to avoid it altogether if you are dps.

Good point! If you have a friend with a tank or a healer character, it can be really helpful to group up with them for the faster queue time.

If you don't have a tank or healer friend, pay attention to the tanks and healers you like in your groups and ask them if you can friend request them. Your guild(s) can be a good source of groups as well.

If you are a DPS with no friends in game and super tired of the long queue time, changing your build to meet the basic jobs of the other roles is an option. I main a MagDK tank, but I know I've got a level 30 stamDK DPS who's getting a sword/shield, tanking gear, and a taunt so she can meet the basic job of a tank just for the event. If I have to, my pet build MagSorc can slot a resto staff, orbs, and heal her way to a normal dungeon complete with the Twilight Matriarch.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on an excellent thread!
    There's just one thing I'd like to add to this bit:
    Tips for DPS
    • Don’t use a TAUNT. Seriously, go review the list of taunts in the Tank section. See those? Don’t use them. It annoys the tank to no end and the tank might end up saying, ”You taunt it? You tank it.” And now you have to deal with the boss in your face.
    Please, please please put away your clanfear as it can pull the boss away from the tank.

"I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get queued in to replace a group member, you'll get credit for the completion as long as you beat the final boss. I've been called in to replace a healer or two and in one instance only the last boss was left, and I still got the completion exp.

That said, often when I need to replace a group member, I'll get the "instance is full" error message, which requires a group member in the dungeon to leave, then you port in, then they port back in. It's not a huge problem but some people are impatient (ex. rushing to fight mobs while another member is trying to port, which cancels the port because the group is in combat).

And, of course, beating only the last boss won't give you credit towards the bosses you didn't kill for a pledge for that dungeon.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also as dps you may need to wait hours to get into a random group

It's a good time to have 1h+shield skills and heavy armor leveled up on all characters :smiley:
  • Invoca
    Invoca
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has avoided dungeons entirely purely for being nervous about the dungeon finder - thank you for this post! I feel better about trying it now and think I really will run some during the event. Really appreciate the time taken to write it all.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get 3 people from your guild and select "random N/V" :D
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great guide, being a "dungeon leader" is a calling and I would like to add one more thing:

Most people running the dungeons will be alts. Most of them will be alts of high-CP players. High CP and knowledge of the dungeon makes such a huge difference to a low level character that I usually find that low-level players aren't necessarily the handicap most people assume they will be in the group. So, don't assume that because the character is low level that they will be a hindrance to the group or slow everything down. Let someone prove themselves incompetent before autokicking.

Even if someone IS totally incompetent and just spams light attacks, that's not a reason to kick, necessarily. Yes, it can be hard work to shepherd newbies and to explain mechanics or skills for the umpteen-millionth time, but it's worth doing if they're only "incompetent" because they don't know how the game works yet. I find that people are usually receptive to correction if you do it nicely, and it takes the same amount of time to explain what they can do better as it does to re-queue for another group member to replace them. You might even make some friends out of it who become competent at their role with a bit of help from a more experienced player.

I will kick for two reasons: 1) laziness (DPS who feel entitled to be carried if there's a high level DPS in the group and hence stand around doing nothing)...because there's not much that can be done to reason with them, they simply don't want to do the content, they want someone to run them through it. 2) Queue-busting (people who queue as a tank or healer to beat the DPS queue and are not able to tank or heal). If you queue for a dungeon you can't be bothered to do, or aren't capable of the role you queued for, then don't be surprised if you get kicked from my group. Battle scaling means everyone in the group contributes something and being lazy is not fair on the rest of the group. Low DPS is fine with me, as long as you're doing your best.

Personally, I'm gearing all my alts up to be tanks for the event to help expedite the queues. I am happy to make premades with people who are nervous about (or new to) dungeoneering and would like a slightly more forgiving group that doesn't mind taking a bit longer to do quests etc.

@Vicarra, PC EU

PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait wait ... on each characer you say ? so I can get up to 14 Mysterious Reward Boxes everyday ? :o
    PC
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great thread.

I normally don't PvE much. But I will surely join and hopefully make new friends in the process. I am in no hurry, don't care about the rewards but will join just for the fun. I will only do it once (per day) on my main though.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tips for DPS
    Please, please please put away your clanfear as it can pull the boss away from the tank.
    It should not do however the clanfear is pretty pointless in group dungeons, it don't do much damage and it only heal you.
    The scamp does lot of damage, the twilight has one morph who also do good damage and another who heals group.
    Use this and an restoration staff on one bar and you can run as healer.

And use area effect against groups of enemies, typical is the wall of elements on destruction staff, volley on bow and the whirlwind from duel wield, this can be spammed unlike the two first, I call it the blender :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • crimeanerevar928b14_ESO
    Excellent guide! <3

I'm extremely shy about queuing into a dungeon with people I don't know, for fear that they'll judge me (despite the fact that I've done a lot of hard endgame content). I'm just super shy in those regards, but in that case, I'm liable to join a premade group from zone or from guild. 14 characters to random dungeon a day, whoo boy!
    Edited by crimeanerevar928b14_ESO on November 20, 2017 10:28AM
    @dreamsleever in-game and on Twitch
    810+, PC-NA user
    400+, PC-EU user

Jabs-Like-Jagger - Imperial StamPlar, Flawless Conqueror & Grand Master Crafter
    That Deekay Execute - Breton MagDK, Flawless Conqueror
    Firstmage Overcharger - Altmer MagSorc, Flawless Conqueror
    Drea-M'Athra - Khajiit Thief Nightblade
    Mythik Dreams - Redguard StamSorc, Flawless Conqueror
    Sievan Velothan - Breton MagBlade, Flawless Conqueror
    Tanks-for-Synergies - Nord DK Tank
    Anyameril - Altmer Templar Tank (former DPS/Healer), Bringer of Light
    The Celestial Serpent - Orc StamPlar, Flawless Conqueror
    The Celestial Warrior - Redguard StamDK, Flawless Conqueror
    Rip the Dream - Breton MagDen, Flawless Conqueror
    Shalks for the Win - Nord Warden Tank
    Blames the Healer - Breton Magplar (former healer), Flawless Conqueror
    Voriak Solkyn - Breton MagNecro
    Necrotik Dreamz - Orc StamNecro
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    props for the post, very informative.
    though i just dont think it will change much.

i got kicked out of random dungeon yesterday on a 690 magsorc, by 3 yes 3 all below 400cp players from city of ash 2, ive run that dungeon more times than i care to admit to, both with pugs andd pre made groups.

why was i kicked, ive no idea, the only reason i can think of was i pulled the first 2 mobs(lions) and stood there letting my aoe's kill them, while keeping my shields up taking no damage, so i can only presume they must of thought my dps was low.

there loss i suppose, but there will be lots of heartache during this event.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1zotkp.jpg
    Edited by mocap on November 20, 2017 10:45AM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent guide! <3

I'm extremely shy about queuing into a dungeon with people I don't know, for fear that they'll judge me (despite the fact that I've done a lot of hard endgame content). I'm just super shy in those regards, but in that case, I'm liable to join a premade group from zone or from guild. 14 characters to random dungeon a day, whoo boy!

Aw don't be shy, by posting this you are already better than 70% of random group members that don't say 'hi', don't talk in chat, don't share dungeon armory & weapons, don't wait for anyone, just rush rush rush.
    Sefish, ignorant or just plain rude, who knows? But don't be shy because of them and their 'judgement', enjoy the game and the environment. There are some nice people out there too! (:
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just hoping I can find people that won't hold my pitiful dps against me. I may be max CP, but I suck :/
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice work.

I don't think it'll help much though. People who care about these kinda things cared before already, people who don't care won't change for the event imo. Someone who is trying to get 8-14 toons through random dungeons per day to get some crazy low drop chance on runeboxes probably won't be able to care too much aaand probably know already that they should behave differently in a perfect world.

Also if most of those 8-14 toons are dps people won't wait their turn and queue as tank/healer instead. It's being done a lot already and will only get much worse during those days.
    Edited by nnargun on November 20, 2017 10:56AM
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • Porter_H
    Porter_H
    ✭✭✭
    Good guide but one thing I disagree with.

For random normal dungeons, there's really no reason to kick anyone before starting the dungeon. If you take a low level character it'll only let you do 3 diff randoms until level 24 and then 3 more slightly more difficult ones are unlocked and so on. If someone can't do the dungeon that's a different issue and the replacement would still get credit for completion when joining.

I've seen lower lvl harassed by high CP players before the first pull in some dungeons. If the lower level leaves because of this, so do I. Then they have to wait for a tank ( I only tank).

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicarra wrote: »
    Great guide, being a "dungeon leader" is a calling and I would like to add one more thing:

Most people running the dungeons will be alts. Most of them will be alts of high-CP players. High CP and knowledge of the dungeon makes such a huge difference to a low level character that I usually find that low-level players aren't necessarily the handicap most people assume they will be in the group. So, don't assume that because the character is low level that they will be a hindrance to the group or slow everything down. Let someone prove themselves incompetent before autokicking.

Even if someone IS totally incompetent and just spams light attacks, that's not a reason to kick, necessarily. Yes, it can be hard work to shepherd newbies and to explain mechanics or skills for the umpteen-millionth time, but it's worth doing if they're only "incompetent" because they don't know how the game works yet. I find that people are usually receptive to correction if you do it nicely, and it takes the same amount of time to explain what they can do better as it does to re-queue for another group member to replace them. You might even make some friends out of it who become competent at their role with a bit of help from a more experienced player.

I will kick for two reasons: 1) laziness (DPS who feel entitled to be carried if there's a high level DPS in the group and hence stand around doing nothing)...because there's not much that can be done to reason with them, they simply don't want to do the content, they want someone to run them through it. 2) Queue-busting (people who queue as a tank or healer to beat the DPS queue and are not able to tank or heal). If you queue for a dungeon you can't be bothered to do, or aren't capable of the role you queued for, then don't be surprised if you get kicked from my group. Battle scaling means everyone in the group contributes something and being lazy is not fair on the rest of the group. Low DPS is fine with me, as long as you're doing your best.

Personally, I'm gearing all my alts up to be tanks for the event to help expedite the queues. I am happy to make premades with people who are nervous about (or new to) dungeoneering and would like a slightly more forgiving group that doesn't mind taking a bit longer to do quests etc.

@Vicarra, PC EU

If it´s a vet-dungeon then the bolded part is ok with me. But if you kick someone who "by-passed" the que for a normal dungeon.....one should reconsider their principles. Kicking a DPS who qued as a tank for a normal dungeon is a childish as kicking someone for being low cp......for a normal dungeon it doesn´t matter.......
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a group dungeon. While most of these can be soloed, this event is all about doing the dungeon as a group. Dungeons are a lot more fun when you stick together and complete them as a group. “But its more fun for me when I complete it quickly!” I hear the showboat DPS say. You are one person of four in the dungeon. If you want a speedrun, ask the group if that’s okay and if it is, go for it. Just be courteous – its no fun for the other people to be trailing in your wake.

This is all fine and dandy for you, but for those of us who actually want to not need to spend ALL DAY AND NIGHT to do our runs, I guarantee we are going to speedrun the dungeon whether our potato-sack teammates are with us or not. Getting slowed down in our runs by trying to be nice is going to amount to a massive total of wasted time very quickly.

Unfortunately there will be no way around this for my healer, but at least I have 3 dps characters I can use. And yes, I am going to queue as tank. However, unlike some people who do this, I actually can put a taunt on my backbar and survive just about anything on normal. Should make my queues quick.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on November 20, 2017 11:01AM
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Vicarra wrote: »

@Vicarra, PC EU

If it´s a vet-dungeon then the bolded part is ok with me. But if you kick someone who "by-passed" the que for a normal dungeon.....one should reconsider their principles. Kicking a DPS who qued as a tank for a normal dungeon is a childish as kicking someone for being low cp......for a normal dungeon it doesn´t matter.......
    It’s a group dungeon. While most of these can be soloed, this event is all about doing the dungeon as a group. Dungeons are a lot more fun when you stick together and complete them as a group. “But its more fun for me when I complete it quickly!” I hear the showboat DPS say. You are one person of four in the dungeon. If you want a speedrun, ask the group if that’s okay and if it is, go for it. Just be courteous – its no fun for the other people to be trailing in your wake.

This is all fine and dandy for you, but for those of us who actually want to not need to spend ALL DAY AND NIGHT to do our runs, I guarantee we are going to speedrun the dungeon whether our potato-sack teammates are with us or not. Getting slowed down in our runs by trying to be nice is going to amount to a massive total of wasted time very quickly.

Unfortunately there will be no way around this for my healer, but at least I have 3 dps characters I can use. And yes, I am going to queue as tank. However, unlike some people who do this, I actually can put a taunt on my backbar and survive just about anything on normal. Should make my queues quick.

I disagree with this strongly. If you are good enough to solo normal dungeons, run vet dungeons or bite the lemon and go slow. If you are not, stick to your role. Normal dungeons are for newbies who should also get to play as intended, with all roles etc. and not have to try to keep up with some guy at CP cap who is rushing through the dungeon not leaving any mobs or mechanics behind. That is not fun at all but very frustrating, I can assure you. Sometimes some guys are so fast that as a magicka user you cannot keep up with them even though they are killing mobs while the magicka user is only running.
    Edited by nnargun on November 20, 2017 1:53PM
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice post Varanis, although you left out the number 1 reason in my (limited) experience for vote kicking: Don't go AFK for more than a minute without saying something to the group.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with this strongly. If you are good enough to solo normal dungeons, run vet dungeons or bite the lemon and go slow. If you are not, stick to your role. Normal dungeons are for newbies who should also get to play as intended, with all roles etc. and not have to try to keep up with some guy at CP cap who is rushing through the dungeon not leaving any mobs or mechanics behind. That is not fun at all but very frustrating, I can assure you. Sometimes some guys are so fast that as a magicka user you cannot keep up with them even though they are killing mobs while the magicka user is only running.

It is not my fault Zenimax designed this event so poorly. If they had made it to where you could get the box by completing any dungeon without the group finder, everyone could go about this their own way, but Zenimax did it this way, forcing us all together, and I'm not going to let randoms slow me down whenever possible. I am going to attempt every skip I know of in the dungeons I get put into, and if my teammates don't follow, I'll be leaving them behind.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on November 20, 2017 9:08PM
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tips for DPS

It doesn't work like that. That is a thing of the very distant past.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    didn't see anything about levels, you shouldn't enter vet dungeons if you aren't CP 160 and then even then only the '1' ones. 'II' and dlc should be reserved for closer to the CP 300 range.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post!
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this! I am still a wee bit on the fence with joining this event or not. My dungeon experience is so close to zero it might as well be none. I don't want to hold other people back with my lack of experience..
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this! I am still a wee bit on the fence with joining this event or not. My dungeon experience is so close to zero it might as well be none. I don't want to hold other people back with my lack of experience..

In a normal dungeon, you won't hold people back. I mean, sure, I anticipate a whole bunch of people who are going to be all annoyed with anything less than the fastest speedruns possible, but that's not something that reflects on you being a new player, that's their attitude. You'll find just as many players willing to help you figure out the mechanics and help you through the run. (You'll probably also find some players who could melt everything in the dungeon by themselves and you are just along for the ride. I've been in one like that where me and the other two high CP players were all like "thanks for the carry, man" when we aren't slouches at our roles either.)

Normal dungeons are designed for pretty much any player to be able to complete them with a little practice and I'm sure there will be tons of new players or players new to dungeons coming out to play. Just like there was during the PVP event, you'll find veteran players willing to help you figure things out.

Something I did when I was learning dungeons on a new role (my healer, where I normally main a tank) was to queue for specific normal dungeons to practice and make sure I was up to snuff. I started with the three easiest: Spindleclutch 1, Fungal Grotto 1, and Banished Cells 1. Once I'd successfully healed those, I moved on to the next three until I was pretty confident I could manage healing and started doing random dungeons with a chance at harder ones. So if you want to practice but don't want to risk getting a DLC dungeon on your first random, you can try queuing for specific dungeons to try them out. Starting with the easiest, you'll also probably get lower level players which is nice because either they are learning the dungeon too or they are someone's leveling alts.

Another good way to practice dungeons is to do the Undaunted Pledges for the day. With the Pledges, you'll have more people wanting to do them which makes for a nice mix of group members and its often people who have done the dungeon before.

Finally, don't be afraid to ask what to do. I remember one tank on the City of Ash 1 pledge asking us if there was any special mechanic for the final boss. There really isn't, but he was in the dungeon for the first time and wanted to do his best, and we really appreciated that.

I hope that helps!