The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to Have Fun and Make Friends in the In-Game Dungeon Event Nov 30-Dec 6

• TheLebowsky
    altemriel wrote: »
    Unfortunately I am on eu servers

what do you mean by "unfortunately"? this in-game dungeon event is for all players, not just some countries (like the sweepstakes event)

Unfortunately... Not able to join the mentioned guild above... Cos they are on na servers.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    monktoasty wrote: »
    I'll kick anyone running too far ahead and not waiting.

Why that's not a reason to kick. Does it just "bother" you? I know some people don't like people who are good at the game

Well, I won't kick people for that, but as I said earlier, I don't like it when people do that. I play a tank and a healer, both of whom are support roles that are there to make the combat go easier. Someone rushing ahead may well be able to complete the content without me, but I'm in their group and its kind of rude to rush ahead and complete the content without me. So it has nothing to do with whether that person is "good at the game" (because they are and there's nothing wrong with being good) and has everything to do with the fact that they think being good gives them the right to deprive me of the chance to do content. Because rushing far beyond the group is depriving group members of the chance to do content. Being good is fine. Thinking that being good entitles a person to jerkish behavior to other players is being a jerk.

As I've also said, it makes a world of difference when that person who wants to rush through asks for a speedrun before rushing off. Ask me, and I'll be right there with you.

So its more about "Don't be a jerk." We all queued up to run the dungeon as a group, not have a jerk leave us behind without asking for the speedrun he/she wants. If someone doesn't want to run a dungeon with a jerk who's leaving them behind, I find it hard to blame them.

Don't be a jerk. Ask for a speedrun. You'll almost certainly get it, avoid kicks for being a jerk, and have a far happier group when the dungeon is done.
  • devilfunk
    devilfunk

WAY TL;DR

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is not my fault Zenimax designed this event so poorly. If they had made it to where you could get the box by completing any dungeon without the group finder, everyone could go about this their own way, but Zenimax did it this way, forcing us all together, and I'm not going to let randoms slow me down whenever possible. I am going to attempt every skip I know of in the dungeons I get put into, and if my teammates don't follow, I'll be leaving them behind.

So for a positive suggestion, perhaps you could start the dungeon by asking for a speedrun? Just like with questing, most groups will be happy to do so, especially during this event where everyone is going to be feeling the pressure to run 8-14 alts through all the random dungeons.

There's a world of difference between a player asking "Hey, speedrun?" and then we all blitz the dungeon together, following that player's lead...and a player rushing ahead killing everything without waiting or so much as a by-you-leave to the rest of us. It won't cost you more than a couple of seconds to ask for a speedrun, the vast majority of groups will be happy to be asked, and you'll get much greater cooperation from your party members as opposed to ignoring and irritating your group members.

On my healer, I was delighted to be asked for a speedrun and we all ran that dungeon quickly. However, when a DPS rushes ahead and starts fighting, I'm watching their health bar plummet and gritting my teeth thinking "You'd better not blame me if you die before I get there." A little common courtesy makes a world of difference for your fellow players AND gets you better, faster dungeon completes.

Thank You @VaranisArano for a well written post!
    The main thing is "A LITTLE COMMON COURTESY"& "COMMUNICATION!"
    There was a thread a while back about this. Quite a few said that "Being a Jerk" is totally ok. I say they are "Guar Dung"
    If you want to "Speed Run" then ASK! ] There is no "I" in "Group".
    ASK if anyone is doing quest.
    ASK if anyone needs all bosses for achievements.
    ASK if, "As A Group", we can speed run delv.
    ASK if anyone is running delv for first time.
    ASK if anyone is farming gear pieces.

No matter who you are or how good you are. No matter how many delvs you can solo, You are Still only 1/4 of the whole!!

TL:DR~ Don't be a jerk. Common Courtesy & Communication can go a Long Way!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why that's not a reason to kick. Does it just "bother" you? I know some people don't like people who are good at the game

Well, I won't kick people for that, but as I said earlier, I don't like it when people do that. I play a tank and a healer, both of whom are support roles that are there to make the combat go easier. Someone rushing ahead may well be able to complete the content without me, but I'm in their group and its kind of rude to rush ahead and complete the content without me. So it has nothing to do with whether that person is "good at the game" (because they are and there's nothing wrong with being good) and has everything to do with the fact that they think being good gives them the right to deprive me of the chance to do content. Because rushing far beyond the group is depriving group members of the chance to do content. Being good is fine. Thinking that being good entitles a person to jerkish behavior to other players is being a jerk.

As I've also said, it makes a world of difference when that person who wants to rush through asks for a speedrun before rushing off. Ask me, and I'll be right there with you.

So its more about "Don't be a jerk." We all queued up to run the dungeon as a group, not have a jerk leave us behind without asking for the speedrun he/she wants. If someone doesn't want to run a dungeon with a jerk who's leaving them behind, I find it hard to blame them.

Don't be a jerk. Ask for a speedrun. You'll almost certainly get it, avoid kicks for being a jerk, and have a far happier group when the dungeon is done.

How much of an oversensitive snowflake do you have to be to be upset that someone is taking care of a chore for you?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How much of an oversensitive snowflake do you have to be to be upset that someone is taking care of a chore for you?

well, no it is not about being a snowflake, but rather about missing the oportunity to get XP
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When someone in your group kills an enemy, the exp is given to you unless you're basically the entire dungeon away.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would far rather that this thread stayed positive and encouraging towards new players wanting to join group dungeons. Of which, "Keep up or be left behind" is not remotely encouraging.

If you want a speedrun, just ask. Its not hard to ask, and you'll almost certainly get what you want.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would far rather that this thread stayed positive and encouraging towards new players wanting to join group dungeons. Of which, "Keep up or be left behind" is not remotely encouraging.

If you want a speedrun, just ask. Its not hard to ask, and you'll almost certainly get what you want.

So you're not in support of people playing how they normally play/how they want? What if someone is better and for that reason, they are ahead of the other people. Are you not in support of them being better than the other players?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that you think players should be able to queue for a group, not say anything to the group, rushing ahead and tackling content without the rest of the group. Because they can handle it, they should be able to. Being good at the game makes them a good person.

My point of view is that while said players are indeed more than capable of doing so and able to do so, the choice to rush ahead and leave group members that they queued for behind without a word or common courtesy makes them a jerk.

Now, if said player actually uses common courtesy and asks for a speedrun before leaving me in their dust, I'm not going to think they're a jerk. Because they actually cleared the very low bar of common courtesy.

I'm not in support of players being jerks, no matter how good they are. Its also a terrible look when we have plenty of new players going random dungeons, and I'd like the PVE raiding community to put a better foot forward than that.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 24, 2017 1:13AM
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your opinion is fine and everything, but this event was specifically tailored to encourage tackling as many of these dungeons as you can on all of your characters every day, which eats up considerably more time than the casuals / new players you're talking about that only have one. For those of us that have 4+ characters that we plan to clear dungeons with every day for this event, slowing down for people would equate to hours more time spent for no good reason.

Again, If Zenimax had made it where we didn't have to use the random dungeon finder, it would have been excellent and there wouldn't be a problem. But they did it this way on purpose, and none of us appreciate it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then just ask for a speedrun. Not hard, and you'll probably get exactly what you ask for.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the "I prefer that the faster person asks for a speedrun at the start" viewpoint, and won't argue that it's valid to want to ask that.

But what about this, my point of view is "Why don't they try to keep up?" Why can't they keep up. If the person who is ahead (could be me, could be someone else), is already steamrolling everything in their path, what is keeping the rest of the group to keep up? Are they stopping to smell the roses? There isn't any time for that, it's a group dungeon. The goal is to get either crystals, keys, gear sets or other loot, and in the case of the event, boxes. Since that's the reason that we actually do the dungeons, it makes a lot of sense to want to speedrun them as fast as possible. Plus, that is an achievement anyway, so the faster/better people are also helping the group earn an achievement.

So everytime someone asks me/ or someone else that is ahead with me to slow down, I am going rebut with "For what reason can't you keep up? Everything is already dead anyway."
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then just ask for a speedrun. Not hard, and you'll probably get exactly what you ask for.

And if they say no for their guaranteed stupid reasons, what am I supposed to do then other than speedrun anyway?

Also, I'm on xbox, so the time it would take me to type out the speedrun request you so want me to do, and for the others to reply, I could already have killed at least one group of enemies and saved an extra minute+.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on November 24, 2017 2:05AM
  • Sithmaga
    Sithmaga
    I am had never really done a group thing. I would love to try. I love playing the tank who right in the face and heals the party. Like a paladin would. Distract and heal.that is my tactic and team player too
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... and I'd like the PVE raiding community to put a better foot forward than that.

Mate, you are currently engaged with a forum PVPer who will never agree with you.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this post, @VaranisArano !

I had a couple of Crown Experience Scrolls left over from some box I got earlier, so I used them to quick build a level 10 restoration staff healer and a level 10 sword and board tank. Put the tank in queue for a random normal dungeon, and my group finished. Did the same thing with the healer, and my group finished. Your advice on how to play tank and healer works. I believe the veteran players in my groups did most of the work. It was fun, and everyone in both groups got their box.
  • earichardson79ub17_ESO
    First thank you for this, it was awesome and had the information i have been wanting for a while which is approroiate amount of dps.

To those of you who kick players for being in the red circles, maybe you should ask y? I personally have mobility issues when it comes to kiting, person behind the curtain doesn't like to die either i have play dps, heals, and tank. both mag and stam been in the game from the beginning, so if you ask I will apologize profusely but let you know i'm working on it just get flustered and fingers hit the wrong key or i'm not fast enough.

For the speed runners please just let me know, and I will kindly wait at the beginning or leave. I am a completionist and while I don't want to go slow I am going to make sure everyone gets the quest done, give away expensive gear because sombody is farming it, or help a noob, decide which direction to go.

:Suggestion: Zos please put a slider in the group finder, so that this doesn't happen so much, just something as simple as speed on one side and completion or farm on the other, fast slow, anything so that we can all enjoy dungeons.

BTW for ya'll you look down on low levels as stated some of those are just cps in disguise. Unskilled in mobility, skill rotation, or resource management does not mean noob. Mostly for me mean I only run dungeons with my husband because then ya'll have to kick a good and a not so good if you get pissy.

Cheers Ya'll

Ps if anybody is still reading this thread and just want a relaxed dungeon run, look me up on the na server.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the "I prefer that the faster person asks for a speedrun at the start" viewpoint, and won't argue that it's valid to want to ask that.

But what about this, my point of view is "Why don't they try to keep up?" Why can't they keep up. If the person who is ahead (could be me, could be someone else), is already steamrolling everything in their path, what is keeping the rest of the group to keep up? Are they stopping to smell the roses? There isn't any time for that, it's a group dungeon. The goal is to get either crystals, keys, gear sets or other loot, and in the case of the event, boxes. Since that's the reason that we actually do the dungeons, it makes a lot of sense to want to speedrun them as fast as possible. Plus, that is an achievement anyway, so the faster/better people are also helping the group earn an achievement.

So everytime someone asks me/ or someone else that is ahead with me to slow down, I am going rebut with "For what reason can't you keep up? Everything is already dead anyway."

I like a fast run as much as the next person, and I'm guilty of running ahead on my DPS on normal runs, because sometimes you just want to be done with it, and you have no patience (most recently on a COH1 run, in which someone said 'slow down kid' so I had to check myself and apologize :flushed:), but there are reasons for others not keeping up, and the goal is not always to get the reward at the end; somebody doing the associated quest might need to stop at several points, and even if they skip the dialogue, some NPCs take time until one can interact with them. Furthermore, magicka classes have limited stamina, so even if mobs are dead they can't run as fast. As for 'crystals, keys, gear sets or other loot' being the reason we do dungeons, sure, if you have done them dozens of times before. But for new players, or even old players with new alts, dungeons are a way to learn the combat mechanics of the game, and also to learn one's class. I still remember when I first started to run dungeons and people were burning everything left and right, so I had no chance to test my skills, or understand the mechanics of the fights, because everything died do quickly. So this is a reminder for myself as well to take it a bit slow when others can't keep up :)
  • earichardson79ub17_ESO
    Jaimeh wrote: »

I like a fast run as much as the next person, and I'm guilty of running ahead on my DPS on normal runs, because sometimes you just want to be done with it, and you have no patience (most recently on a COH1 run, in which someone said 'slow down kid' so I had to check myself and apologize :flushed:), but there are reasons for others not keeping up, and the goal is not always to get the reward at the end; somebody doing the associated quest might need to stop at several points, and even if they skip the dialogue, some NPCs take time until one can interact with them. Furthermore, magicka classes have limited stamina, so even if mobs are dead they can't run as fast. As for 'crystals, keys, gear sets or other loot' being the reason we do dungeons, sure, if you have done them dozens of times before. But for new players, or even old players with new alts, dungeons are a way to learn the combat mechanics of the game, and also to learn one's class. I still remember when I first started to run dungeons and people were burning everything left and right, so I had no chance to test my skills, or understand the mechanics of the fights, because everything died do quickly. So this is a reminder for myself as well to take it a bit slow when others can't keep up :)

"Jaimeh;c-4688381" thank you so much. I have been trying to get that out but you definitely put it better.

"Blanco;c-4665911" there are several including internet speeds and/or service provider problems that cannot be controlled by the player, that cause some to not be able to keep up.