Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please ruin Skoria set the way you ruined all the other proc sets

• Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to say it doesn't make sense how Skoria evaded any adjustment at all while the other proc sets got nerfed hard. There's a reason that even Stamina class builds are now running Skoria in PvP even though it's fire damage and was previously only used by Magicka classes.
    Edited by Twohothardware on November 19, 2017 9:46PM
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wowsers people scoria is quite hard to get it to procc anyway (dots) most other sets proc twice as much as skoria as I've tested
    Dying to something doesn't mean its op
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Skoria and Shadowrend can't be OP because they are magicka sets :trollface:

Seriously, Skoria needs to get slain by the nerf hammer (same as Shadowrend), unbelievable how people still defend this broken sets lol.

What's broken? are all people using these sets exploiting?
    Be specific if you think something is wrong and ofc proof
    ps4eu

• Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread proves once again that the magicka community is a bunch of hypocrites. You cried (in the name of balance) for nerfs to all stamina proc sets, but no, your magicka cheese sets are totally fine. Totally not regretting that I cancelled ESO+ and uninstalled. Enjoy your shieldstack vs shieldstack, shieldstack vs blocktard and blocktard vs blocktard meta, may this game die once BDO releases on console.

Magica community? I don't think it exists
    Your posts are in part incorrect and screams L2p or you can play BDO
    ps4eu

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Skoria is currently the only Max Health monster set that a PvE DPS can use effectively. Nerf the damage on it and that won’t be the case anymore.

But nevermind that.... Sypher and every other great player killed you so if you nerf their gear then you won’t die anymore, right?

There are ways to nerf Skoria in PvP without nerfing it in PvE (for example making the proc avoidable).

Did you kill Sypher and "every other great player" by yourself? If not, stop trashtalking.
    Kram8ion wrote: »

Seriously, Skoria needs to get slain by the nerf hammer (same as Shadowrend), unbelievable how people still defend this broken sets lol.

They do too much for a two piece set. One deals unavoidable 10k+ tooltip procs and the other one has the damage from a proc set and the utility from Riposte...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    It's fine as is. Learn to listen and watch what's going on and get better at the game rather than asking for zos to make it easier for you. You guys will still get beat up by anyone half decent.

Most truth spoken ive saw in awhile.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria is currently the only Max Health monster set that a PvE DPS can use effectively. Nerf the damage on it and that won’t be the case anymore.

But nevermind that.... Sypher and every other great player killed you so if you nerf their gear then you won’t die anymore, right?

There are ways to nerf Skoria in PvP without nerfing it in PvE (for example making the proc avoidable).

Did you kill Sypher and "every other great player" by yourself? If not, stop trashtalking.
    Kram8ion wrote: »

They do too much for a two piece set. One deals unavoidable 10k+ tooltip procs and the other one has the damage from a proc set and the utility from Riposte...

Well not any legit reason for a nerf again just generally venting maybe you could get better replies from your
    "stamina community"

ps4eu

• Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is why we can't have nice things.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    I laugh at how people sleep on slimeclaw.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk man - i use it myself and i´m wondering how any decent player can claim it´s not overperforming (ofc only compared to other offensive sets).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Idk man - i use it myself and i´m wondering how any decent player can claim it´s not overperforming (ofc only compared to other offensive sets).

It's balanced in every pve but not pvp. That means we need a pvp based counter that won't be a pve nerf
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am a light armor magblade. The worst Skoria has hit me for was 4K in no CP. In CP it is between 2K and 3K, thus I have no idea what the OP is talking about.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caza99 wrote: »
    I'm still trying to process people telling Xylena she needs to L2P...

Well it's not like she posted an unbiased thread, it's just dripping with spite, not saying she does need to, just saying you're gonna get those kinds of responses stating opinions like that

How is it biased? And you can't honestly say Skoria is balanced when compared to Tremorscale or even Selenes. The only warning you get for skoria is a sound that can barely be heard in most cases while Selenes has a massive red indicator before it hits you. I play a magDK and magplar that both use Skoria sometimes and imo Skoria is an incredibly powerful proc and the damage is balanced when it only procs on dots, but it needs, at the very least, a visual indicator or the audio indicator needs priority over other in game sounds so it can be heard.
    Calboy wrote: »
    Caza99 wrote: »
    I'm still trying to process people telling Xylena she needs to L2P...
    I see this xylene newb has sent a bunch of her zerg guild buddies to back her up
    lmao ok mate...if you knew anything about what you're talking about you'd realise how ridiculous that statement is xD

PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't go asking for nerfs if it's gonna ruin a good amount of pve builds.

Giving it a visual indicator is really all it needs imo and that wont affect PvE at all thankfully :D
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can get behind a visual indicator (similar to how meteor looks) for Skoria. Will be a buff for the one using it (to time other burst skills/stuns), and a help for the one getting attacked by it (by getting a better chance to counter it)
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make Skoria dodgeable and add a visual indicator.
    When you dodge it you are still hit by the AoE damage of the set while avoiding the big hit, meaning you can block or dodge it adding counterplay in pvp that doesn't affect PvE as no enemy in pve dodges
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take away skoria and see how magplar damage will fall. It's not too high due to its clumsiness: skoria allows guaranteed damage.

So, if you want to nerf it, I don't mind. Just fix CP scaling of jabs and beam first.
    Edited by Ashamray on November 20, 2017 10:28AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Reason not to nerf skoria:
    - slimecraw would dominate and everyone would call to nerf that set.
    - nerfing skoria would be a Nerf to mdks
    - because you can't control the proc and it's an aoe DMG, it must remain undodgeable. Also making it dodgable would mean the set is intended for direct Attack abilities, and there would be no difference between skoria or nerienith.

It should receive a telegraph. But really that's it.
    Why the hell would slimecraw be OP? Like really? It is just an 8% increase in damage which is for example also provided in the nb class. And no, skoria isn't an AoE. It is a single target proc, which does splash damage to surrounding enemies. Similar to reverse slice, which also is and should be dodgeable. It is not like real AoE's that are rightfully undodgeable, like caltrops, hail, hurricane, destro ult, wall of elements, etc. It would actually make sense to be able to dodge skoria. Right now it acts as a homing missile which is just silly imo.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

It's balanced in every pve but not pvp. That means we need a pvp based counter that won't be a pve nerf

i would split the dmg into half dd and a 4s (ground?)dot part. Same overall dmg but less bursty + give a visual indicator.
    Edited by Derra on November 20, 2017 11:11AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i would split the dmg into half dd and a 4s (ground?)dot part. Same overall dmg but less bursty + give a visual indicator.

What?? Do you want to destroy the set completely??

I´m not sure if it was you or anyone else comparing Skoria to Selenes but what kind of treatmeant did Selenes get? Added visual indicator + delayed proc, damage was never touched. I´d rather see the same treatment for Skoria (even though I think the set is fine as it is).

* Add a visual indicator (Helps both the user and the one getting attacked)
    * Perhaps make it dodgeable (Feels like only the medium armor permadodgerollers complain about this tbh)
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    Lousy 2k procs from Tremorscale got a huge delay and circle, but free instant undodgeable 5k bursts from garbage Skoria set are ok?

Nothing is wrong with this skill, I mean you need 2 or 3 dots to even proc iit consistently. Stop just asking zos to nerf *** into the ground just because it annoys you.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I´m not sure if it was you or anyone else comparing Skoria to Selenes but what kind of treatmeant did Selenes get? Added visual indicator + delayed proc, damage was never touched. I´d rather see the same treatment for Skoria (even though I think the set is fine as it is).

* Perhaps make it dodgeable (Feels like only the medium armor permadodgerollers complain about this tbh)

It's so strong against any build that has no access to purge. I don't use it on my magnb anymore just because how strong it is. Either you have high damage and lots of counters or you have almost no counter and low damage. Ofc there are other aspects like cooldown, proc chance. Just like, viper, Selene, widowmaker, veli skoria is above average in enough regards to make it unbalanced in pvp
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    - because you can't control the proc and it's an aoe DMG, it must remain undodgeable. Also making it dodgable would mean the set is intended for direct Attack abilities, and there would be no difference between skoria or nerienith.

Why the hell would slimecraw be OP? Like really? It is just an 8% increase in damage which is for example also provided in the nb class. And no, skoria isn't an AoE. It is a single target proc, which does splash damage to surrounding enemies. Similar to reverse slice, which also is and should be dodgeable. It is not like real AoE's that are rightfully undodgeable, like caltrops, hail, hurricane, destro ult, wall of elements, etc. It would actually make sense to be able to dodge skoria. Right now it acts as a homing missile which is just silly imo.

Short question: can you dodge that other meteor in this game? You know, shooting star/ ice comet.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »

It's so strong against any build that has no access to purge. I don't use it on my magnb anymore just because how strong it is. Either you have high damage and lots of counters or you have almost no counter and low damage. Ofc there are other aspects like cooldown, proc chance. Just like, viper, Selene, widowmaker, veli skoria is above average in enough regards to make it unbalanced in pvp

I´m not denying it´s a strong set, and you´re right that setups that can´t purge or aren´t in a group where purge is available, will have a bad time. I think we´ll probably have to agree to disagree on whether Skoria is balanced but I´ll share my views:

The parts I think are balanced about Skoria: (Disclaimer: Our experience when using and facing Skoria may differ and I´m not saying anyones experience or opinion about the set is wrong)

- The "trade DoT´s for burst": In my experience Skoria will not proc consistently unless you run multiple DoT´s. 1 or 2 DoT´s are rarely enough to make Skoria good. Now some may say there´re a lot of east accessible DoT´s out there that any class can run. Might be true, but you still have to slot them/use them regardless.

- Proc rate: I´ve done several tests on a target dummy where I applied up to 6-7 DoT´s (With 95%+ uptime on all) to see if Skoria procs "off cooldown". My conclusion of those tests is that Skoria rarely procs off cooldown, even in a controlled environment. I don´t say it can´t proc off cooldown, but it´s not very likely.

- Cooldown: Think I´ve seen one person complain about Skoria having to short of a cooldown, but I don´t think that´s part of the problem.

- You can´t control who it will proc on: Unless it´s a 1v1 scenario or duels (which is out of question when talking about balance. Balance PvP after duels is like balance PvE on how well certain classes/gear perform in vMA). If facing multiple enemies you´ll have higher chance proccing Skoria since the dot´s can be applied to more enemies, but you can´t time potential burst since you don´t know who the meteor will target.

Things that could change:
    - Visual indicator
    - Dodgeable (not the AoE part).
    Edited by Qbiken on November 20, 2017 12:35PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use skoria on magplar every day. It should have a visual indicator.

Sound dropping out in large battles is practically a feature at this point--NOTHING should have solely audio indications for counterplay.

Personally, I'd say a smaller (1/2 the diameter of the comet indicator maybe) daedric run that flashes briefly at the character's feet (not for the full duration, just for a half-second when it procs) would do the trick.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1pc crit chance and 8% DMG let's you roll trip stat food and Regen mundas. Stat redistribution is already better than waiting for skoria to proc on the wrong target lol.

Skoria is undodgeable because you can't select the time it procs. Other abilities you can press the button and it will fire, hence why those abilities can be justifiably dodgeable.

If you want skoria dodgable, it would probably need a proc increase. Much better to make it telegraphed.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1pc crit chance and 8% DMG let's you roll trip stat food and Regen mundas. Stat redistribution is already better than waiting for skoria to proc on the wrong target lol.

Skoria is undodgeable because you can't select the time it procs. Other abilities you can press the button and it will fire, hence why those abilities can be justifiably dodgeable.

If you want skoria dodgable, it would probably need a proc increase. Much better to make it telegraphed.

Just because something is a random proc that costs no resources or CGDs doesn't mean it should have less counterplay. >_>
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

Just because something is a random proc that costs no resources or CGDs doesn't mean it should have less counterplay. >_>

One could argue that the build up to make it proc requires more gcds and resources than other proc sets and therefor has the undodgeable benefit.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously it hits for 2.5-4k on the high end in PVP and OP has to run dots to make it work which already is weaker than your standard DD abilities.

I just don't understand how people are so bad at this easy game! They just and want everything nerfed that they don't know how to handle.

Plus, there are much bigger issues that need fixing first in PVP.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No different than running damage or resource mundus. Actually, getting pure damage or resource stat is more difficult than regen, I think. And on shield builds, I heavily advise Mage mundus.

1 pc crit is just meh. Crit comes as a bonus from potion or five pieces or keeps and yaddayadda, not dedicated sets. That only screws you against shields, impreg, impen.

Disregarding the fickle crit, Craw gave me like 2% damage over running tow max mag pieces. Which is good, no doubt. But the mag pieces gave me like 6% more shields, so that's the numerical winner.

In summary, Slimecraw 1 pc keeps it from being OP.