The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please ruin Skoria set the way you ruined all the other proc sets

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No more nerfs!
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to process people telling Xylena she needs to L2P...
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caza99 wrote: »

Well it's not like she posted an unbiased thread, it's just dripping with spite, not saying she does need to, just saying you're gonna get those kinds of responses stating opinions like that
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caza99 wrote: »
    I see this xylene newb has sent a bunch of her zerg guild buddies to back her up
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Scoria is just like all other proc sets was before nerfs tbh. Only set that's is even worse is earthgore atm. I use both ofc.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But Skoria and Shadowrend can't be OP because they are magicka sets :trollface:

Seriously, Skoria needs to get slain by the nerf hammer (same as Shadowrend), unbelievable how people still defend this broken sets lol.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    it´s always funny seeing ppl defend skoria these days.

Sure it´s totally fine. That´s why magbuilds without any "native" dots (magsorc) equip it and equip dots to use it.
    That´s also why stambuilds make setups to use it - because it has horrible proccconditions and is absolutely on the same level as other proccsets.

-_-

Because it's first bonus is universal and it's trigger is not tied to specific dot damage

Other monster sets when used at range (if you can even trigger it) become wildly inaccurate or just plain worthless (kragh at range lulz)

Skoria isn't used in a multitude of builds because it's the end all be all, but because other options are incredibly limited.

The only other set I can think of that would even come close to replacing Skoria would be nerienth and it just isn't fast enough

So if all other option are somehow limited and skoria outperforms then on stamina and magica builds alike because it does not share those or other limitations:
    Isn´t that the definition of overperforming when compared to other proccdmg sets?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    It's fine as is. Learn to listen and watch what's going on and get better at the game rather than asking for zos to make it easier for you. You guys will still get beat up by anyone half decent.

Telling Xylena to git gud, lel

Git gud xylena, lel

lel

No really who the *** is xylena, lel

lel
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure it´s totally fine. That´s why magbuilds without any "native" dots (magsorc) equip it and equip dots to use it.
    That´s also why stambuilds make setups to use it - because it has horrible proccconditions and is absolutely on the same level as other proccsets.

-_-

Because it's first bonus is universal and it's trigger is not tied to specific dot damage

Other monster sets when used at range (if you can even trigger it) become wildly inaccurate or just plain worthless (kragh at range lulz)

Skoria isn't used in a multitude of builds because it's the end all be all, but because other options are incredibly limited.

The only other set I can think of that would even come close to replacing Skoria would be nerienth and it just isn't fast enough

So if all other option are somehow limited and skoria outperforms then on stamina and magica builds alike because it does not share those or other limitations:
    Isn´t that the definition of overperforming when compared to other proccdmg sets?

So are you saying skoria outperforms selene, stormfist and every other monster set or are you saying skoria outperforms "stamina monster sets" on magicka builds/ "magicka monster sets" on stamina builds?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more nerfs ppl...first let's just ask for ZoS to fix the ******* load screens, then you can get back on the nerf everything to make the pleb casuals happy horse.
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on November 19, 2017 3:35PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    It's fine as is. Learn to listen and watch what's going on and get better at the game rather than asking for zos to make it easier for you. You guys will still get beat up by anyone half decent.

Exactly. Seriously people start getting better at the game. Stop asking for handicaps. Skoria already has and indicator and it's damage was nerfed awhile back.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @lazerlaz what dmg nerf? One tameriel buffed proc and dmg.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread proves once again that the magicka community is a bunch of hypocrites. You cried (in the name of balance) for nerfs to all stamina proc sets, but no, your magicka cheese sets are totally fine. Totally not regretting that I cancelled ESO+ and uninstalled. Enjoy your shieldstack vs shieldstack, shieldstack vs blocktard and blocktard vs blocktard meta, may this game die once BDO releases on console.
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »

Do some research bud. To help you start I'll state and obvious one, can't crit anymore.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @lazerlaz Thats a general nerf to procs. Other proc sets got that and several nerfs. But Sure whatever makes you think you are good at pvp.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »
    Jawasa wrote: »

Do some research bud. To help you start I'll state and obvious one, can't crit anymore.

Good that stamina proc sets can still crit...
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on November 19, 2017 5:33PM
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria needs either

(A) to be dodgeable

(B) a 1-second delay and telegraph circle

Now queue the SnB blocktatoes with $800 headsets BUT THERE'S AN AUDIO CUE AND U CAN BLOCK
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-_-

So are you saying skoria outperforms selene, stormfist and every other monster set or are you saying skoria outperforms "stamina monster sets" on magicka builds/ "magicka monster sets" on stamina builds?

I´m saying that skoria outperforms any other offensive monsterset - when you meet procc conditions (which are only really hard to meet for stamblade, magsorc and warden).

It´s just not even a contest: If you want sth offensive you go for skoria - nothing else is even worth consideration.
    <Noricum>

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't go asking for nerfs if it's gonna ruin a good amount of pve builds.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reason not to nerf skoria:
    - slimecraw would dominate and everyone would call to nerf that set.
    - nerfing skoria would be a Nerf to mdks
    - because you can't control the proc and it's an aoe DMG, it must remain undodgeable. Also making it dodgable would mean the set is intended for direct Attack abilities, and there would be no difference between skoria or nerienith.

It should receive a telegraph. But really that's it.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

-_-

I´m saying that skoria outperforms any other offensive monsterset - when you meet procc conditions (which are only really hard to meet for stamblade, magsorc and warden).

It´s just not even a contest: If you want sth offensive you go for skoria - nothing else is even worth consideration.

So no slimecraw, nor bloodspawn allowing more ultis? Grothdarr for melee magades.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm absolutely ok with removing all damage procs out of PvP.
    PC EU
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

-_-

So no slimecraw, nor bloodspawn allowing more ultis? Grothdarr for melee magades.

Slimecraw is the most niche set i can think of tbh. NB gains the buff native by their best burst skill. Warden gains the buff - which leaves basically only DW sorc - as slimecraw will get outperformed by 5 5 1 builds.
    Who uses slimecraw apart from those?

Bloodspawn is a defensive set and grothdarrr one melee magblade is somewhat of a special case as melee blade can fall under the category of not having the means to procc skoria.
    <Noricum>

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra just fyi, Templars usually run slimecraw
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen a single templar wearing slimecraw ever since i´ve picked up dueling again (6 months ago) on pc eu - ever.
    Not one.

Also i wouldn´t wear slimecraw for dmg if you´d pay me to do it. It barely performs better than 1x dmg 1x stat and does not boost healing while doing that. Terrible choice overall - imho.
    Edited by Derra on November 19, 2017 7:59PM
    <Noricum>

• Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    Skoria needs either

(A) to be dodgeable

(B) a 1-second delay and telegraph circle

Now queue the SnB blocktatoes with $800 headsets BUT THERE'S AN AUDIO CUE AND U CAN BLOCK

As someone who knows you have played this game since the beginning HOW DARE YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION

jokes aside

thats all it really needs... its not even a nerf, just ways to avoid it easier
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen a single templar wearing slimecraw ever since i´ve picked up dueling again (6 months ago) on pc eu - ever.
    Not one.

Also i wouldn´t wear slimecraw for dmg if you´d pay me to do it. It barely performs better than 1x dmg 1x stat and does not boost healing while doing that. Terrible choice overall - imho.

I should have said if it were to be ran, it's most likely to be a Templar. Though I do know some really good players that swear by it on a warden (dropping bird O Prey for something else)

8% definitely should be worth around 400 DMG (im basing this off of lethal arrow, at 15k 8% is 1.3k added DMG, while 129 wpn DMG will buff it up to 15.5k ish), so it should out perform 258 wpn DMG.

Not gonna say you should run it, it's just an option.

Personally, Selene or Velidreth are excellent proc sets in BGs. Hitting hard and potentially more than 1 player.

What made proc sets OP was the 20k+ DMG in 1/2 GCDs. Skoria, has a 4 sec delay? (Iirc) meaning it impossible to kill in 1/2 GCDs via skoria.

The DMG of proc sets wasn't what made them OP.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria is currently the only Max Health monster set that a PvE DPS can use effectively. Nerf the damage on it and that won’t be the case anymore.

But nevermind that.... Sypher and every other great player killed you so if you nerf their gear then you won’t die anymore, right?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

-_-

Slimecraw is the most niche set i can think of tbh. NB gains the buff native by their best burst skill. Warden gains the buff - which leaves basically only DW sorc - as slimecraw will get outperformed by 5 5 1 builds.
    Who uses slimecraw apart from those?

Bloodspawn is a defensive set and grothdarrr one melee magblade is somewhat of a special case as melee blade can fall under the category of not having the means to procc skoria.

As stated, templars do often use it, stamplars specifically. Bloodspawn may be "defensive" but it provides very good offense too. Shadowrend has niche uses. (To the point I see someone above crying over it.) Melee magblade lacks clench, but still has usable dots.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by techprince on November 19, 2017 9:20PM