The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please ruin Skoria set the way you ruined all the other proc sets

xylena
xylena
✭✭✭✭✭
Lousy 2k procs from Tremorscale got a huge delay and circle, but free instant undodgeable 5k bursts from garbage Skoria set are ok?
Edited by xylena on November 18, 2017 9:35PM
Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not instant, block
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A blocked Skoria still does 2k-2.5k damage if you're not using SnB.
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sound indicator isnt prioritized when there are numerous other sounds on the battlefield. We also need a visual indicator to see the meteor coming. This would also help Skoria users time their bursts on the victim because its not easy to do so in group fights.
    Every other magicka monster set have clear visual indicators. Nerieneth's crystal erupts in front of the victim, Infernal's fireballs hurl from the caster not from the sky where nobody can see and Illambris missiles are clearly visible raining down on you
    Edited by Ankael07 on November 19, 2017 7:00AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine as is. Learn to listen and watch what's going on and get better at the game rather than asking for zos to make it easier for you. You guys will still get beat up by anyone half decent.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    It's fine as is. Learn to listen and watch what's going on and get better at the game rather than asking for zos to make it easier for you. You guys will still get beat up by anyone half decent.

I doubt that. >_>
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys I think we already established that anything that kills a mag spec is a proc set last patch and that anything they crutch on is a L2P issue for the rest of us. Nothing to see here. #ZoSBalance.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Guys I think we already established that anything that kills a mag spec is a proc set last patch and that anything they crutch on is a L2P issue for the rest of us. Nothing to see here. #ZoSBalance.

Yeah there are so many great magic monster sets in the game
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Telling Xylena to git gud, lel
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    The sound indicator isnt prioritized when there are numerous other sounds on the battlefield. We also need a visual indicator to see the meteor coming. This would also help Skoria users time their bursts on the victim because its not easy to do so in group fights.
    Every other magicka monster set have clear visual indicators. Nerieneth's crystal erupts in front of the victim, Infernal's fireballs hurl from the caster not from the sky where nobody else can see and Illambris missiles are clearly visible raining down on you

To be fair, ZOS still hasn't fixed the sound indicators on anything during large scale PVP battles. A visual indicator is a fair thing to ask for. ZOS did make similar changes to the Velidreth set, not nerfing the damage but making the set proc easier to see and thus to dodge.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who? Lol, seriously, I don't see any stars or any recognizable names, albeit those that I recognize probably quit. Haven't seen @thelon @FENGRUSH etc in a very long time
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Let us know what you're running and we will teach you how to mitigate the damage
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    Lousy 2k procs from Tremorscale got a huge delay and circle, but free instant undodgeable 5k bursts from garbage Skoria set are ok?

Skoria has much harder proc conditions than tremor, for instance. So it makes sense to do more dmg, surely?
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing hard about putting some DoTs on a player.
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    There is nothing hard about putting some DoTs on a player.

There is also nothing hard about purging those dots, either. Try fighting a magplar with skoria. It'll be totally useless
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did. If a magplar wants to kill me, he can't spend all his time and resources on purging. Aside from this, not everyone plays a magplar ...
    Edited by Rianai on November 18, 2017 11:53PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Every other magicka monster set have clear visual indicators. Nerieneth's crystal erupts in front of the victim, Infernal's fireballs hurl from the caster not from the sky where nobody else can see and Illambris missiles are clearly visible raining down on you

I agree completely with this. Why doesn't Skoria have exactly the same indicator as Meteor? This would probably take like 10 minutes of dev time to implement!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It has a requirement of dots. (Weak in openworld) and a low proc chance, also a health bonus, meaning it isn't always going to fit in some builds. Far from OP. If they change anything damage wise it'd hurt PvE.

I would have it dodgable, and maybe a meteor looking indicator. (Not a big fkoff red one, that would kill it.)
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 19, 2017 3:52PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it´s always funny seeing ppl defend skoria these days.

Sure it´s totally fine. That´s why magbuilds without any "native" dots (magsorc) equip it and equip dots to use it.
    That´s also why stambuilds make setups to use it - because it has horrible proccconditions and is absolutely on the same level as other proccsets.

-_-
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Sure it´s totally fine. That´s why magbuilds without any "native" dots (magsorc) equip it and equip dots to use it.
    That´s also why stambuilds make setups to use it - because it has horrible proccconditions and is absolutely on the same level as other proccsets.

-_-

Should have a red tell. Im ok with that. But it does have 1pc health and low proc chance.

For the rest of your statement.

That's called build diversity.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one set is used a lot more on pretty much every class than other sets, that's not what i would call diversity.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

-_-

Because it's first bonus is universal and it's trigger is not tied to specific dot damage

Other monster sets when used at range (if you can even trigger it) become wildly inaccurate or just plain worthless (kragh at range lulz)

Skoria isn't used in a multitude of builds because it's the end all be all, but because other options are incredibly limited.

The only other set I can think of that would even come close to replacing Skoria would be nerienth and it just isn't fast enough

1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who? Lol, seriously, I don't see any stars or any recognizable names, albeit those that I recognize probably quit. Haven't seen @thelon @FENGRUSH etc in a very long time

Xylena would beat both of them. She’s towards the top of the long list of amazing Stam DKs that have rerolled or quit in the last few months because Stam DK is dead.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never really had an issue with Skoria. It never feels like something that is killing me.
    The old Viper/Tremorscale combo on the other hand did much more up front damage, and playing against it felt pretty bad.

Honestly, Skoria feels more like an RNG dot empowerment than anything, and the only real case where it feels strong is in the hands of a good player who can time burst around it.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of hard to hear it go off when the sound bugs out mid fight but I cannot blame magicka classes for using it when their options are so limited.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you guys missed my thread.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria needs a visual indicator
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Xylena would beat both of them. She’s towards the top of the long list of amazing Stam DKs that have rerolled or quit in the last few months because Stam DK is dead.

No question Xy is one of the best players I've ever encountered. Very humble as well.

Edit: for those that don't know, you can purge the skoria proc
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 19, 2017 4:18AM
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

No question Xy is one of the best players I've ever encountered.

You're talking about the person that lost to a naked Zehndran
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on November 19, 2017 4:54AM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

No question Xy is one of the best players I've ever encountered.

You're talking about the person that lost to a naked Zehndran

You're talking about one duel against years of top tier performance.
  • Airyus
    Airyus
    ✭✭✭
    As a long time mag dk that uses skoria exclusively, i can firmly attest that the conditions and damage are balanced. The lack of a visual queue is not. Add that and it will be fine.