Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have posted previously. PS4 EU.

Have to relog when dare use a wayshrine anywhere to travel as just slams straight into the long lag screens EVERY BLOODY TIME. But when log back in am usually at the destination wayshrine & not stuck at starting one if that helps one little bit in getting you to damn well sort this out.

Do love this game but this is beyond ridiculous. Have limited playtime & having to constantly relog is tedious.
    Options
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Have posted previously. PS4 EU.

Have to relog when dare use a wayshrine anywhere to travel as just slams straight into the long lag screens EVERY BLOODY TIME. But when log back in am usually at the destination wayshrine & not stuck at starting one if that helps one little bit in getting you to damn well sort this out.

Do love this game but this is beyond ridiculous. Have limited playtime & having to constantly relog is tedious.

I've noticed this too.

I'm on PS4 Pro NA, original hdd. I've only had it maybe 3 times, but I haven't done PvP since the CWC patch. However I do notice that every time it does happen, the teleport finished. It's like it just won't trigger the screen to come back, but the teleport itself works fine.

Edit:
    Ok make that another time. I logged in for first time today, and was in Elden Root upstairs. Took 2 steps towards the door out and hit the forever loading screen for Grahtwood.
    Edited by SBC on November 21, 2017 11:33AM
    Options
  • Julio92
    Julio92
    Soul Shriven
    Any news?......
    Options
  • requin02
    requin02
    ✭✭
    I want a costume that says "I survived the long loading screen disaster" but it's probably going to be a silly paid non combat pet anyway.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    requin02 wrote: »
    I want a costume that says "I survived the long loading screen disaster" but it's probably going to be a silly paid non combat pet anyway.

And all I got was this crappy costume
    Options
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    I have to move between multiple toons to do writs, research, and adventuring. It used to only take a few seconds to move between toons and an hour to do all 12 master crafters, but now it takes almost 3 hours and 4.5 minutes on average to switch toons. I have tried on multiple PC/MAC systems in different environments. (WiFi, Ethernet, Hotspot). They are all the same. Also with no add-ons installed.
    Options
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new added recently about the situation??
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 days....
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnviOfVai wrote: »

There’s supposed to an update tommorrow I believe.

No idea if it’s to help the load screens though.
    Options
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just scheduled maintenance bud. Nothing about load screens etc
    Options
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any update on the situation? Any statement to give about what was the cause of this problem? Is tomorrow maintenance supposed to be the one to fix this or you're just preparing the store for Black Friday sales?

You did a wonderful job up until this point, don't abandon us now T__T
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »

Just scheduled maintenance bud. Nothing about load screens etc

I was thinking the Wednesday maintenance would be a place holder. If the build passed QA, and the certification was complete, they would use the window to roll out the patches. Looks now like the console people have another week, as Wednesday is pretty much the last opportunity until after Thanksgiving.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was yesterday and today some sort of holiday at US? I mean this silence regarding this "small" matter does NOT make any sense.

Even if it is/was it still does not make any sense...
    Options
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having login issues on PC EU
    Also end up on infinite loading screens when changing zones.
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update for us? Many of us are off work coming up and want to play.
    Options
  • SamWale
    SamWale
    ✭✭
    Any update on this situation would be greatly appreciated by everyone here.

Particularly those of us that haven't yet cancelled our ESO Plus subscriptions.
    Options
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weps wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any update on the situation? Any statement to give about what was the cause of this problem? Is tomorrow maintenance supposed to be the one to fix this or you're just preparing the store for Black Friday sales?

You did a wonderful job up until this point, don't abandon us now T__T

I agree, the updates were helpful, but now its suddenly gone quiet, Don't do that to us! We are still waiting patiently for a fix for these screens, perhaps another issue has popped up, but if it has please give is an update on the situation.

giphy.gif
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

Options
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want to add that I have upgraded to the Xbox One X since my original post on here. Still using the factory internal HD. I have yet to experience an ILL yet on the new console, however, I haven't been in PVP at all since this issue started.

While waiting for this to be fixed, I've had time to do all the CWC quests, all the Orsinium quests, a good number of Morrowind quests, and done a ton of farming.

While it's been kinda nice getting reacquainted with the PVE part of the game, my heart belongs to PVP and that's where I long to return.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, sorry for the silence. We'll have an update for you this afternoon (we're on the East Coast, so in just a few hours). Just trying to track down the latest info to make sure everything we have is still accurate.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    That for consoles @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Sounds like BG bug... maybe it's just me but sounds like "the fix" ain't coming anytime soon.

Already send inquiry about ESO+ refund or similar to customer service via game. (Skeptical if there actually is any functional one in this game)

Got some ticket number on the game screen but no confirmation to emails or anything.. thus maybe that ticket ended up in endless loading screen or such inquiries are put into SPAM filters.
    Options
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA/Server ESO+ Member

Possibly important information: I DID download the Psyjic Brassilisk that some are reporting is the issue factor.

99% of my infinite load screens occur when traveling through a load screen in the same zone. ie. dying in Cyrodiil and loading into the same instance. Or going through the portal for Fine Feathered Foe quest in Clockwork City. Also happens in Aetherian Archive for the same reason (makes this trial in particular unplayable). Also in dungeons like Cradle of Shadows, Falkreath Hold etc... any that have a load screen midway that result in still maintaining the same instance. This is also true when walking from North to South Daggerfall and you hit that load screen...

Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone,

We’d like to explain what happened to cause the recent issue with long loading screens, and what we’re doing to make sure it doesn’t happen again. The source of the long loading screens came down to a bug we introduced in the Clockwork City DLC.

So, what was the bug? In Update 16, we added in a new system that refined the character texture loading pipeline as part of our ongoing effort to increase performance and framerate in high-intensity situations (such as in Cyrodiil and densely-populated cities). Unfortunately, this new pipeline was causing some character textures to get lost, which was causing the load screen to never drop because there were still textures that need to be loaded.

While we continue to work on fixing this issue fully, we’re going to be making two changes to an upcoming incremental patch. First, we’re going to be reverting to the old pipeline which doesn’t have this issue, but may affect how quickly you see other characters loading in (this will essentially be the same as it was before Clockwork City). Further, we’re introducing a new failsafe that will force your load screen to drop after two minutes if it is only waiting on textures. This patch is currently with first party certification for testing; the patch for PlayStation 4 and PC/Mac will be published next Tuesday, November 28. The patch for Xbox One requires a bit more time with first party certification, and we’re targeting a publish during the week of December 4.

In the future when we have a more permanent fix, we plan to re-enable the new pipeline because it makes for better game performance, but when we do that, we’ll be adding the equivalent of a switch on our side that we can turn off (to fall back to the old system) if we see these kinds of issues crop up again, rather than make you wait for another patch.

We sincerely apologize for the disruption this has caused, and we will endeavor to make sure that problems like these aren’t introduced in the future when adding new systems or making performance enhancements.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. That would make it 22 days that product basically unplayable without any refunds nor compensation to your eso+ subscribers.

To be honest 50/50 if done with ESO for good like many of my friends. Really don't know...

Not happy how this went and this ain't the 1st either. There has been so many threads ignored regarding PvP that you can't even count.

The game is NOT in good shape at the moment by any means.

Options
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    sweet baby jesus.... 2 weeks to get a patch through on XBOne? That one is going to hurt...

Edited by jkolb2030 on November 21, 2017 8:29PM
    Options
  • bluelineski
    bluelineski
    Soul Shriven
    Xbox One
    NA Server
    Internal HD

* Traveling to Mournhold from anywhere (random load screens)

* Load into mournhold, get on horse and start to run full speed i get the load screen. (99% of the time)

*Traveling to Elder Root Wayshrine from anywhere (random load screens)

*Anytime i load into Elder Root Wayshrine and try to run out of tree.(99% of the time)
    Options
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the patches are now in the hands of the console makers awaiting certification, then it's just a matter of time. Thanks for the explanation, the addition of server-side adjustment capabilities for the future, etc. So looking forward to the fix!

Oh, and to @Thogard for his Page 3 comment where he pinned the blame on texture loading for the issue: Wow. :smile:
    PS4NA
    Options
  • Acidlite
    Acidlite
    ✭✭
    yea my subbing days are over, Whether I keep playing is a matter of how addicted I get to whatever game I pick up tomorrow....cant go through all of Thanksgiving break from work with no gaming.

The updates are appreciated but an entire month with a game unplayable when people like me have been subbing for quite a while is just too much with a game that has been out for 2.5 years
    Options
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I just read this right? She didn't really say week of December 4th for Xbox...no way...speechless.
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what I'm more interested in knowing is will this also fix the issue that has been plaguing PC since beginning of this year? Well before CWC changes went in!

Guess I'll just see how it goes for people before even considering starting the game up again.
    Options