The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• MrCommunity
    it has been two weeks since CWC update, where are we at with the loading screen patch? cyrodill is empty, the game is dreadful right now.
    Options
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it has been two weeks since CWC update, where are we at with the loading screen patch? cyrodill is empty, the game is dreadful right now.

From ZOS:

Hey everyone, short (but good) update for today: Looks like the fixes we're implementing have tentatively passed QA testing on our internal clients, so we're working on getting everything built out. We'll have some news for you early next week on when you can expect these fixes to go live and what happened to cause all this. For now, if you aren't already, you can try relogging when you're sitting at a long load screen and that will sometimes help get you through a little faster.

Thanks again for your patience; we know this has been a very frustrating issue to deal with.

Early next week in business means Monday or Tuesday. Based on my experience that is 75% of the time going to mean Tuesday.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will kill this game omg
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No it won't, I've seen a lot of people who only PvP doing pve content form the last week or so taking time to level undaunted, mages guild & alts. Been chatting to a few of them and although they want to get back into Cyro most are saying that doing a spot of pve is kinda refreshing.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    No it won't, I've seen a lot of people who only PvP doing pve content form the last week or so taking time to level undaunted, mages guild & alts. Been chatting to a few of them and although they want to get back into Cyro most are saying that doing a spot of pve is kinda refreshing.

It will and pretty much already have killed PvP PS4 EU. So you must be in other servers or something.

So what the news with the fix? I assume you guys were working during the weekend so what's the "secret"? No fix or...
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    pod88kk wrote: »

It will and pretty much already have killed PvP PS4 EU. So you must be in other servers or something.

So what the news with the fix? I assume you guys were working during the weekend so what's the "secret"? No fix or...

on ps4/na, we still have around 2 bars for two (EP and AD) out of the 3 alliances during primetime...it definitely feels like the populations are decreasing...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doslekis wrote: »
    Imagine if netflix or spotify had a bug where half of the movies or songs buffered infinitely until you closed the app, the other half you had a 50% chance of successfully watching the show or listening to the song.

I pay just as much a month for these two services as I do my eso plus.

i hadn't thought of it in those terms...to which - that's a really freaking good point you make...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The past Two weeks of pvp Have been like this

https://youtu.be/HrEWvmPp_-A
    Options
  • Acidlite
    Acidlite
    ✭✭
    I am already emptying crafting bag and trimming bank space, getting ready to let my sub lapse.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Working as Intended and designed by ZoS!

The video pretty much sums how functional the game has been... how this got beyond Q&A is an sad joke itself.
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they fix the loading screens yet or should I continue to stay off eso? Anybody checked their stock prices? Lol
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Replicable Instances of Loading Screen Error in PvE Content

PS4 Pro NA server, factory shipped HDD.

1: vHRC -- half or more of group (including self) experiences long loading screen error when transitioning through the door that leads to the tunnel to the final boss fight. This is the door up the stairs from the last large mob pull with the two gargoyles, the one with the horn.
    2: vAA -- loading screens after first use of teleportation pads following defeat of storm atronach boss. seemed to affect middle and left pad users more often, but sample size too small to be sure.
    3: nMoL -- all but three group members experience long loading screen in door leading to last add pull before boss. This is the door through which the group transitions after killing the pulls with the levers and the giant sar-m'athra. This has happened to me and my groups in six different runs.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Did they fix the loading screens yet or should I continue to stay off eso? Anybody checked their stock prices? Lol

If you check the dev tracker there is no word on it being fixed yet or when it will either so no I don't think it's fixed yet maybe sometime after thanksgiving is what I'm guessing
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 20, 2017 11:46PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Karivaa wrote: »

If you check the dev tracker there is no word on it being fixed yet or when it will either

Yup... Nothing today but the normal "radio silence".
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Fereldyn
    Fereldyn
    ✭✭
    On XB1.

Get it about 75% of the time I try to travel between wayshrines, regardless of location.

I should also say that this is new since the patch. Before then, on the rare occasions it happened, it would eventually load. No matter how long I wait now, it never loads.
    Edited by Fereldyn on November 20, 2017 11:59PM
    Options
  • chill9949ub17_ESO
    I play on PS4 every load screen I encounter is a long load screen. Cant PVP, can't battlegrounds (continue to get long load screens in BG's and end up getting the deserter penalty, which is bull ***), can't PVE. Every time I port somewhere I have to restart. Every time I die I have to restart. What is being done to fix this problem??
    Options
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been so much worse for me today. Usually I have very little issues in pvp, now it's almost every single revive or every single time I use a wayshrine.
    Options
  • okiekix
    okiekix
    Ps4 regular
    Load screens after pretty much every death an when you restart an come back your in the enemy keep now lol really fun I have even dragon leaped into 1 I was jus wondering if there was any news I read above but told you what I was on an when it happened
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okiekix wrote: »
    Ps4 regular
    Load screens after pretty much every death an when you restart an come back your in the enemy keep now lol really fun I have even dragon leaped into 1 I was jus wondering if there was any news

ps4/na - I noticed when you travel/revive [read: restart app] it will allow you inside a currently flagged keep/outpost...

I kinda like that :smile:

seems our best guess here is by sometime in the next couple of weeks if it requires sony or microsoft approval - or, wednesday if zos is able to implement fix on their end...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 21, 2017 3:01AM
    Options
  • Highstake
    Highstake
    ✭✭✭
    PC/EU Intel64_Family_6_Model_60_-_Intel(R)_Core(TM)_i5-4460__CPU_@_3.20GHz

Some random loading screens when porting from one dung to another via group tool (or bug tool?), during some chain or main quests or when swapping zones. Or just loading screen from nowhere...
    Also character's swapping is longer than that "10 seconds", which is anyway annoying; it takes almost 30 minutes or so to swap to every char i have (total of 13, 2-3 or above minutes each swap), if i pretend to do daily writs with each, then i would need more than 1h20mins.
    The time delay to acknowledge i'm having a dc is also stupidly long, 1 to 3 minutes... Then long 2-5 minutes loading back to dung... Being in the middle of a boss fight is a relief, being able to finish it feels even better.
    PS.: Haven't had dcs until 2 weeks ago.
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UPDATE??
    Options
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    These people are so incompetent and it's not funny anymore

First you can't balance a game for 4 years and now you've finally broken it
    Options
  • FSUKING801
    FSUKING801
    Soul Shriven
    ^
    Options
  • Rasimir
    Rasimir
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Day 14, still broke....

You are lucky. On PC, we have this issue for more than a year now. Pray that they really have found the root cause this time. They tried a lot already, including the removal of deers in cyrodiil to fix performance issues.

Options
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rasimir wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Day 14, still broke....

You are lucky. On PC, we have this issue for more than a year now. Pray that they really have found the root cause this time. They tried a lot already, including the removal of deers in cyrodiil to fix performance issues.

You havent had this issue at all. Consolve pvp is literally unplayable. Its not just long load screens. As soon as you die, you have to completely reset your xbox/ps4 every single time.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No updates on this issue? Guess that shows how "top priority" functions within ZoS.

Sure take your time.. the game is just.. well unplayable so what's the rush for such minor thing.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it wasn't an infinite load... Just kicked me out of my BG and gave me a penalty
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭

lol, the fellowship of Counterfrog. Spends 24 hours per day in Cyrodil and still tries to Proxy Death you 1v1.
    Then when he can't kill you asks his group for help, 20+ people spamming Obsidian Shards and Crystal Blast.

What a pleasure doing PvP for the pact these days
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
    Options
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Acidlite wrote: »
    I am already emptying crafting bag and trimming bank space, getting ready to let my sub lapse.

Same here, creating a few mules to carry items helps too.
    Options
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao everything is so broken right now!!!!!!!!!!
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 21, 2017 9:36AM
    Options