The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Pugwash56
    Pugwash56
    Soul Shriven
    Used to get kicked out/slow loading about once per session, but since upgrading to Xbox 1X I have started experiencing extremely slow loading every time I enter or exit a door, or use a crafting station especially at Grahtwood.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 all original hardware.

VAA is death. But not being in combat was the only way I got through
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • LiesandEther
    LiesandEther
    ✭✭✭
    NA Server

I was in cyrodiil. (Stuck in loading screen)
    I traveled. (Stuck in loading screen)
    I died in cyrodiil. (Stuck in loading screen)

The variable is traveling, period. The game is currently unplayable for PVP.

Xbox One Factory.
    Edited by LiesandEther on November 15, 2017 5:34AM
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    System: PC
    Processor: i7-7820X
    Zone: Cyro
    Doing: Trying to revive at keep or camp after dying
    SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tested observations:

Platform: PS4 Pro
    Server: NA

I was constantly hitting infinite load screens in imperial city. My buddy however was not getting them, and I noticed that he never has any buffs active when he goes through doors whereas I had 4+ active. So I tested whether or not active buffs were affecting this. I changed districts 4 times without a buff on, and had no issues. Then when I was about to log off I decided to fully buff before going through a door, and I got an infinite loading screen.

Now this was not a huge sample size, but I think it's worth looking into.

The buffs I had active were: Rally, Relentless Focus, Mirage, and Leeching Strikes.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA
    Processor: i7-5820k
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Long loading screen between username/password login screen and character select.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The texture loading thing is interesting as transiting to a location fails but logging in from character select to that same location will succeed. All the same textures, everything the same but one succeeds, one fails.

Sounds like transiting is making assumptions that the logging in process does not. Worth comparing.
    EU PS4
  • Khairiah
    Khairiah
    ✭✭✭
    I guess 'everytime and everywhere' doesnt cut it? Trials, Dungeons, Cyrodiil and just casually running around in the overland..
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, thanks so much for contributing your info to this thread. To give you all an update, our QA team has been hard at work continually testing the different scenarios we mentioned at the start of this thread, which has given our engineers a lot of data to work with. One of the things they found is it seems like there may be an issue with some textures failing to load, which in turn is causing seemingly-infinite loading screens. We're going to be testing some potential fixes for this, in addition to determining exactly which textures are causing an issue. This isn't to say this is the exact or only thing causing the loading screens, but it's certainly a promising lead.

Thanks again for your continued patience, and we'll be sure to give you another update when we get some news.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I have noticed this failure to load textures in PC/EU but the game had loaded in by that point. Specifically I sent bug reports for them for Orsinium where large areas of walls had not loaded in but you could not move past them (invisible walls within the city) and in Elden Root the other day by the bridge which leads to the skyshard there were floating torch flames just above the water.
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    PC, EU, standard pc with hdd and no specialties

My experience with loading screens:
    - i get short loading screens, which are <30 sec and long >3 mins, mostly the long and then I quit game after waiting 10 mins...

long:
    - it seems to happen more likely in prime time, when the servers are full. with only few ppl playing I cant recall a longer loading screen
    - always while being in a group, none in solo
    - always while porting to keep or ressurecting at keep/camp, mostly there are either group members in there or a lot of players

short
    - few times while moving rapidly (riding, streak) in a player loaded area

The loading screens appear no matter which faction, which place on map, which character I play.
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:35PM
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    12:45 GMT
    Xbox One
    Xbox EU server
    GamerTag: LVEH4LRYNLPS
    Character name: The Porky Orcy
    Infinite load screen on character log in to.
    At bolgrul in undaunted enclave in mournhold
    Eso plus member
    Disc user.
    Game stored on Xbox internal storage
    Edited by pod88kk on November 15, 2017 1:01PM
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, thanks so much for contributing your info to this thread. To give you all an update, our QA team has been hard at work continually testing the different scenarios we mentioned at the start of this thread, which has given our engineers a lot of data to work with. One of the things they found is it seems like there may be an issue with some textures failing to load, which in turn is causing seemingly-infinite loading screens. We're going to be testing some potential fixes for this, in addition to determining exactly which textures are causing an issue. This isn't to say this is the exact or only thing causing the loading screens, but it's certainly a promising lead.

Thanks again for your continued patience, and we'll be sure to give you another update when we get some news.

odd, as ground textures not loading in cyrodiil has been a known issue for years
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Tested observations:

I was constantly hitting infinite load screens in imperial city. My buddy however was not getting them, and I noticed that he never has any buffs active when he goes through doors whereas I had 4+ active. So I tested whether or not active buffs were affecting this. I changed districts 4 times without a buff on, and had no issues. Then when I was about to log off I decided to fully buff before going through a door, and I got an infinite loading screen.

The buffs I had active were: Rally, Relentless Focus, Mirage, and Leeching Strikes.

@Daus Do food buffs count? Ill have to give that a try this eve on my ps4
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xbox s na server
    Internal

Infinite load screen when traveling to house.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA
    XB1X
    External SSD T5 USB 3.0

I was not in a group

-Ported into Eastern gate from Velyn Harbor - No issues
    -Ported to Blue raod- No isssues (did not engage the enemy)(No fighting happening in the area)(One AD ally at the keep)
    -Ported to Allessia- No issues (did not engage the enemy)(No fighting happening in the area)
    -Ported to Eastern Gate - No issues (did not engage the enemy)(No fighting happening in the area)
    -Ported to Farygel - No issues (did not engage the enemy)(No fighting happening in the area)
    -Ported back to the eastern gate- No issues (did not engage the enemy)(No fighting happening in the area)
    -Ported to Roebeck - No issues (did not engage the enemy)(No fighting happening in the area)(Several AD allies)
    -Ran up to Nickle where there was some fighting. Let the zerg wash over me, then blood spawned to Roeabeck - No issues
    -Waited for blue zerg at Roebeck. stood my ground on inner keep up stairs(eastern oil rail), zerg kills me, blood spawn to
    eastern gate - Infinite load screen

Overall load times from keep to keep are drastically improved with the SSD installed. The difference is so astounding it is hard to believe it even when I am watching it happen. Took on average 5.4 seconds load time between keeps. Also keep in mind none of these keeps had enemies in the area. I would think this would slow my times down if there were. There were some friendlies around in some of these areas.
    Edited by Defilted on November 15, 2017 3:24PM
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • xSylvanasWindrunner
    FACTORY XBOX ONE

Internal Harddrive, North American Server

Infinite loading screens can happen everywhere, Trials/Dungeons/Any Form of PVP.
    From my Friends/Husband and my own experience it can happen anywhere, anytime you get any type of loading screens theres a chance you will get stuck, loading screen = chance to get stuck (solo or group)

Does seem to happen ALOT in PVP though and the problem is way worse on there, seems to happen 100% of the time after you die I don't remember not having a loading screen after trying to choose a new spawn location after death.

Edited by xSylvanasWindrunner on November 15, 2017 2:33PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Officially over the 1-week mark since this has started happening. And they MIGHT have pinned down the issue that is causing it....

Why do I have the feeling I'm not going to be able to PvP til 2018....?
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4 Pro, NA server Digital Verison of the game

Almost 9/10 times since the Clockwork city Update I have experienced these new issues with load screens and crashes

1. On initial Login on any of my characters in a variety of different zones (and even my personal home instance) my character login loads the initial game in and for a few moments I can move around inside the game but the game isn’t actually active and proceeds to crash moments later. This is a very new issue for me.

2. When entering load screen through dungeons it seems half the time 1 or more players will be stuck in a infinite load screen and proceed to crash and be forced to close application and login again.

3. Cyrodill is by far the most notorious of the infinite load screens and crashed since the update, I have completely avoided even going there. Because regardless of how busy the server is on any of the campaigns it is always a constant load screen of death every time I have to respawn.

4. This one is more rare but occasionally I’ll hit a load screen in any regular zone and it’s generally a long load screen and I’m forced to close application

Again these issues all started with clockwork city, with the exception of cyrodill load screens which while did happen prior to Clockwork City, it is Infinitely more prevalent now than before

I’m on ps4 Pro NA server, Hardwired connection. Digital copy of ESO.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Hope this helps
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on November 15, 2017 3:18PM
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox NA
    Game installed on Xbox with all other games/apps installed on a connected External SSD

- Infinite load screen traveling to Deshaan wayshrine

- Infinite load screen when sprinting* through Deshaan (initial load screen seems to be common when sprinting from Deshaan wayshrine towards the Undaunted Enclave before the area is fully loaded)

- Infinite load screen when traveling into trials vHoF and vAS

- Infinite load screen when logging into game from character selection screen (was loading into Rawl'Kha).

Edited by jkolb2030 on November 15, 2017 3:39PM
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stranger thing... it seems to be some kind of "Infinite Loading Screen Curse" lottery : you can play two or three days as normally as possible, but if you "win" the prize, then you get infinite loading screens again and again and again, each time you respawn or teleport.

And you can "win" many days in a row.
    Edited by kwisatz on November 15, 2017 10:24PM
  • effinALYWICK
    effinALYWICK
    Soul Shriven
    System: PS4 NA
    Zone: Cyrodil
    Doing: Anything that triggers a load screen. Whether it’s respawning at a keep or camp, fixing a wall, riding across the map and hitting one of those transition-zone load screens, or using wayshrines to travel to any keep or outpost.

Let me also point out that the load screens aren't "long" - they are infinite - they simply do not end no matter how long you wait for them. Force-closing the game and reloading is the only way out. I'm encountering them about 97% of the time.

I've deleted game save data, no improvement. Dropped a bunch of quests, no improvement. Tried 4K vs 1080 Enhanced, no improvement.

Normally the "spinning wheel" on the load screen "catches" and stutters during a successful load. The wheel spins freely when you're in an infinite load screen and it never pauses or stutters like it does on an ultimately good load. When that wheel doesn't hesitate while spinning, you know you're in for a restart.

Population doesn't seem to matter - This happens even with no-bars or one-bar per faction. Hope this helps.
    Edited by effinALYWICK on November 15, 2017 4:00PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Officially over the 1-week mark since this has started happening. And they MIGHT have pinned down the issue that is causing it....

Why do I have the feeling I'm not going to be able to PvP til 2018....?

Things you can do in the meantime:
    -Play other games
    - Go outside
    - Take up a hobby
    - Learn a skill

Sweet troll post dude. Never seen a response like that before on the forums. Cutting edge stuff, really. The state of the game is unacceptable on Xbox. There is a large swath of content that is un-playable in a game where many players subscribe to a premium tier service. Why did my post trigger you so much?

Edit: Although I can see why you are in no rush to get back into PvP. I can imagine riding north for 10 minutes with the Strongbow PUG group to take empty keeps is about as fun as watching grass grow.

Wow, talk about triggered. Lighten up, dude. I don't like the game being broken any more than you do. If you actually knew anything about me, you'd know that I do a lot more than just take empty keeps lol.

Raging and whining on the forums isn't going to get the game fixed any quicker though.

Yes i am triggered. By PvP being un-playable. Obviously posting on here will not get the game fixed quicker. It will also not make the game be fixed any slower. One of the functions of message boards like this is so players can express their opinions on the game. I expressed my opinion and you had to make smart*** remark back. If this was Day 1 or 2, or even like Day 3, I could understand you not liking my comment but we are on Day 8. Since they have not pinned down the issue exactly, that means a fix is still not available. Once the fix is ready, if it needs to be in an update, which it is almost guaranteed to be due to the widespread nature of this issue, it's going to take AT LEAST 1 more week, maybe 2, due to Microsoft and Sony needing to approve the fix. If that is acceptable to you when many people are paying $15 for a premium sub tier then i don't know what to tell you because we have some serious philosophical differences about how customers are supposed to be treated.
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox one EU
    Internal
    Noticed the following is pretty consistent, Elden root entering fighters guild get message, close programme and reload upon reloading spawn inside fighter guild, this also happens when entering Mages guild, However when i get he message at the wayshines when i reload i enter at the same way shine hope this helps
  • paallterrain148
    Xbox X NA server. Premade 4 man group traveling to the forgotten wastes.

3/4 of us successfully loaded in, one said he was load screened. We could all see him. He could walk around the entrance to the dungeon and use abilities but could only see the load screen. He reset his game and all was well.
  • Acidlite
    Acidlite
    ✭✭
    PS4 PRO N/A
    Stock system, internal HDD
    Running HDR and non HDR settings on PRO
    Downloaded game file, subscription purchase also
    Will try running lower than 4k tonight
    Down speed = 25mbps, Up speed = 4 mbps, Hardwired to router.

Any loading in cyrodiil, keeps and wayshrines
    Wayshrines in the same zone
    New one last night: entering doors in dungeons, twice on same one, normal blackheart haven, time = 8-10 pm est
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 Pro, NA server, original storage/nothing ever replaced

I have some important info that might help with finding the bug. It seems that the bug is related to when traveling within a zone.

The load screens that are never-ending always seem to appear when the game loads you into an area of the same zone. For example:

• In trials, you enter long load screens consistently at load screens. Asylum Sanctorum used to be mostly free of load screens (some people got stuck traveling upstairs and downstairs), but since you are now teleported to St Olms arena when a battle is engaged if running down the main hallway, you enter a load screen that often never ends because you need to load the boss+whole arena. In Halls of Fabrication, people were constantly getting stuck at the portal that spawns after killing the 2nd boss which takes you to the arena of the 3rd boss. People also got stuck a lot at the door that you need to walk through after killing 3rd boss.
    • In Asylum I actually have a 100% consistent failure to load when forcefully ported into St Olms arena from the hallway.
    • Every single time I try to travel to Exarchs’ Egress through that portal I enter a never-ending load screen. For those who don’t know, although Exarch’s Egress is located in the Evergloam, the portal actually transports you to the Northeast Clockwork City despite looking like a new zone. I’m sure this is help it load much faster. However, it is located in the same zone which is why I believe it has this issue.
    • People report this issue a lot traveling in the Brass Fortress, and although it hasn’t often happened to me, it’s still happening to people.
    • Cyrodiil is giving these load screens consistently when you travel via transitus shrine.

Wayshrining/porting and going through doors leading into the same “zone” but requiring load screens seem to cause this.

It is important to not that whenever I close app -> relog, I spawn where I was trying to get l (ofc not in Asylum since it purposely ports you to the start of the trial).
    Edited by Vaoh on November 15, 2017 5:53PM
  • Lactauna
    Lactauna
    ✭✭
    PS4 regular
    First party hard drive
    North American server

I get the infinite load screen approximately 50% of the time when using wayshrines. Porting on a guild mate about 20% of the time. The zone does not seem to make a difference, it happens everywhere. It's a guaranteed load screen entering the Mages and Fighters guild halls in Elden Root. Going in and out of outlaw refuges also seems to be a 50/50 crapshoot.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed a few posts that were not constructive. We understand that this issue is frustrating for many of you, but we do ask that you keep your comments civil.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »
    Tested observations:

@Daus Do food buffs count? Ill have to give that a try this eve on my ps4

Food buff, mundus, and continuous attack didn't appear to have any effect.