The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Rasimir
    Rasimir
    ✭✭✭
    Playing on PC/EU
    CPU: I7-6700

Region: cyrodiil mostly, but it happens in other areas as well.

Actions: resurrecting after death, using wayshrines or doors. sometimes even when riding to other locations

It gets much worse when I'm grouped. The more people in the group, the more often the loading screens last until I close the game or until I'm kicked to login. It seems to get worse when there are offline people in the group, or people in other areas, but I don't have enough data on that.
    There are times when you can play without such an issue even in groups of 24, but sooner or later the loading screens hit, and they don't go away without leaving the group and restarting the game. Just leaving the group is not sufficient!

Your questions suggest that you are looking at a client side problem. I can't say that there isn't something wrong in the clients, but I strongly suggest you look at the communication between all the clients and the server as well. There isn't much disk activity when this happes.
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    It seems it is combat related, in such if you or your group in combat, or near combat...

Like trying to be a runner for MoL is a nightmare. If you fall the group wipes because runner in loadscreen.
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
  • Alakaslam
    Alakaslam
    Soul Shriven
    Vet maw of lorkhaj - on rakkhat fight - xbox one original (internal HD) but also others having the same issue - in the backyard - as soon as the group wipes or you die, you hit an infinite loadscreen coming back in, very easy to reproduce the glitch.
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One
    Server – EU
    Internal HD storage
    Loading screen in Grahtwood especially when I try to access the mage or fighter gilds. Every time I enter – load screen; every time I exit – load screen.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4 been getting loading screens in Elden root so much so that I won't use the way shrine there.also was not able to enter the mages guild .went through 2 screens trying to do so . Yesterday started getting random blue screen crashes. Got one in vaults of madness. Got back in and finished the dungeon and then got loading screen trying to port out . Had to re log 3 time s and was able to port To one of my homes.
    Today got a blue screen crash out In deshaan.
  • PaladinTB
    PaladinTB
    Soul Shriven
    System: Xbox One
    NA server

I have had numerous problems this week while playing with a main one is having a main character get stuck while trying to load into Grahtwood or Stormhaven. After a few attempts I finally get in after trying a different character.

Another pve instance that is very consistent, is in Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj Hard Mode. When a wipe occurs, the runners in backyard are sent to the front, while doing so you hit a load screen and get stuck. 100% consistency so far in load screens on this part. Also if a runner falls off, they get load screened and have to reset to get out. The door entering to the gauntlet is another place that will put a player in an infinite load screen if two players go through at the same time. I believe one of your employees was watching our stream while we were experiencing these issues as well if that helps.
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    PC, i5, no SSD, Cryo, resurrecting to any keep, happens roughly 1 times out of 10. I can hear CPU fan crying, music playing, but loading screen stays forever. If I Alt-F4 away, the process still hang up with high CPU usage, gotta kill it in the task manager.
    Edited by gabormezo on November 14, 2017 6:30AM
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One X
    NA Server
    Walking anywhere in Elden Root.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU i7 cpu and ssd. I only have problems when playing in a group and only in Vivec. It also hits other people in the Guild group.

There is various types of loading screens.
    1. Porting to another keep seems to hit people in the group at random, mostly just one or two. Endless in most cases, sometimes you are kicked out of the game in the end.
    2. After death and the group ports to a keep, then most people sometimes get a long loading screen that lasts for a minute or two.
    3. Res in a camp which gets under attack. Endless.

Most of us simply restart the game since we get back to cyro even when the server is full. A few have to queue again, problably computer or net related, since it seems to be consistent.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Rak_am
    Rak_am
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 standard Hard drive. EU server.

Trails :
    - Aetherian Archive / Hel Ra-> Got infinite loading screen when using portal
    - Maw of Lorkhaj ->Got infinite loading screen when using portal + infinite loading screen if a runner dead
    - Asylum Sanctorium -> micro freeze/ massive lag

PVP :
    - Got infinite loading screen when using portal + when you are dead -> completely unplayable

In general PVE :
    - Random load screen (graathwood) and when using portal
    - massive lag + micro freeze in all the dungeons and raids

VMA :
    massive lag / micro freeze

Generaly :
    - guild chat that disappears when you go on it

When i have infinite loading screen only solution is to reboot the game

Bye
    Edited by Rak_am on November 14, 2017 7:40AM
    zenimax, FIX THE GAME
  • Eidelyn
    Eidelyn
    Xbox one NA
    Somebody probably said this already but endless load screen consistently occurs if you die in the “backyard” during last boss of vMoL. It’s always a visit to dashboard if we die in backyard. If we know it’s gonna be a wipe Runners try to run back in cuz the load screen isn’t happening if you die in the main room with the boss.

JanX76
    Ps. Gina it was so nice to meet you when ya’ll were in Seattle! (Mike too)
  • C4Bliss
    C4Bliss
    ✭✭✭
    Eu server Xbox one X with ssd.

I get infinite loadscreen when:
    - I travel long distances in PvP.
    - I died in PvP and revive @ a keep or camp.
    - When I travel into a trial I tend to get stuck in a load screen
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re a PC player, let us know what sort of processor you’re running.

Intel i7 - 3820. 3,6GHz 4-core.

Is there any specific area or zone you consistently see a long loading screen?

Cyrodiil and while logging into the game.

What are you doing when you experience a long loading screen?
    I.e.: Using a wayshrine, resurrecting, looting, etc.

using the transitus shrine from a keep/outpost that has just been under attack, or reviving at a keep after being killed by 20+ players.

Are you utilizing any sort of SSD?

Will get back to post once I can. Busy day at work.
    Edited by Runschei on November 14, 2017 10:48AM
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU
    Intel Core i7 4770K
    SSD Samsung EVO 850 (ESO dedicated exclusively)

Happens mostly in Cyrodiil, no matters if resurrecting or just teleport.
    Since CWC, loading time to character selection after login has increased considerably.

When playing I don't run anything but ESO and Teamspeak.
    MJallday wrote: »
    2 things
    [...]
    2) - invisibilty

what i do get almost EVERY wayshrine jump now (non cyrodill) and it doesnt matter where from/to - is about 3 seconds of invisibility before my character actually appears....that never happened before.

This happens to me too. Never did before.
    Edited by kwisatz on November 14, 2017 9:00AM
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4/EU
    PS4 Pro, stock harddisk

The most "reliable" way I had (last Sunday) to provoke the bug was wayshrining between the Rawl'ka and Willowgrove wayshrines (new char loads).
    Going directly between these two waypoints always triggered the load screen.

I also noticed the spinning indicator behaviour described by another user here: on a normal load this indicator stutters a few time, on a failed load it will spin constantly.
  • dyn0m1k3
    dyn0m1k3
    ✭✭
    Xbox One (original), digital game installed to inbuilt hard drive.
    EU server

Using wayshrines to travel between zones (within Auridon mostly but others as well) often (maybe 1/6 times) results in a loading screen that never ends. It seems any loading screen has the potential to never finish. For example trying to exit the Stormhold outlaw refuge, back into Stormhold gave me an infinite loading screen. I am not grouped when I play, so this seems to be affecting solo play in what I would assume to be non-CPU intensive areas?

After going back to Xbox Home, force quitting and restarting the game it then always initially gives me an internal server error on trying to connect (after pressing 'Play'), then works the second time I try. Most of the time I am at the target location when I get back in to the game so it seems to have updated successfully on the server but not communicated the response to the client?
    Rarely (maybe 2 times last week) I got a random loading screen when just travelling by horse across Auridon which forced me to restart the game after waiting up to approximately 2 minutes.

Good luck and god speed!
    Edited by dyn0m1k3 on November 14, 2017 2:26PM
    Xbox Series X EU Server GT: dyn0m1k3
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Deshaan wood crafting station in mournhold
    Stairs leading mages/fighters guild hall
    Those 2 happen all the time, everytime consistently

Yep, I had exactly the same issue yesterday. I was in Mournhold, on my way from blacksmithing station to woodwoorking station and boom! Loading screen happened out of nowhere, so long that I had to manually close my game.

PC/EU. I have ESO installed on SSD.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 EU, Regular PS4, 1st party hard drive.

Infinite loading screens happen in:
    • Trials.
    • Cyrodill.
    • When using a shrine.
    • When being automatically moved out of an instance.

The real problems happen when there is a lot of people connected to the servers. Last weekend was agony. Today, it still did no happen at all neither in Tamriel nor in Cyrodill. During the weekend there were lag spikes of several seconds, confirming abnormal data transfers across the servers.

@ZOS_GinaBruno an interesting thing happened right after an infinite load screen: if the application was killed an immediately restarted, I could not connect tothe server at all. Your servers were replying with an error, stating the servers were unable to connect.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is it possible to suggest to the devs things to test? I would be interested to ask them if and what is being sacrificed during throttling, for example.
    Edited by jaschacasadiob16_ESO on November 14, 2017 10:40AM
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU PS4 original disk.

Solo non PvP - rarely, maybe two or three times over several hours of play. In and out of delves, story instances and a reasonable amount of wayshrine hopping.

Solo PvP - a bit more frequently (not been in IC yet), get maybe five or six infinite loading screens over the same period so roughly 3x more common.

Group PvP - a lot more frequent, current record is six transits, six loading screens. Each time I go into a loading screen its a prayer that I come out of it. I'd say 60% of loading screens fail to complete.

In almost all (99%) of cases when I relog I am at the target location, not the starting one.

In Cyrodiil while waiting in vain for the LS to complete I've heard the battle music triggering so the client has moved me and knows I'm now at the new location, it just refuses to complete the loading screen.

In group I've had a group member say "endless loading screen" but their character is visible in front of me at the target transit shrine so the server has for everyone else acknowledged the move.

EU PS4
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stock PS4

EU server

travelling from wayshrines of clockwork city back into brass fortress

no issues outside of clockwork city as of yet.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it has something to do with the music files loading?
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on a standard ps4 with 200mb fibre EU. I get so many eternal load screens that i don't even bother with trials with more than 1 or 2 of them (VAA is not an option at this point)- and its the weekly. Digitally installed on primary hard drive.
    Edited by MCBIZZLE300 on November 14, 2017 11:55AM
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    Regular PS4, ESO is on the original internal HD ( External hd is for games less played )
    PS4 NA server

Had a lot of infinite load srceens & disconnects first 2 days of dlc when doing daily pledges. Now I'm getting the infinite load srceens entering & exiting Exarch's Egress for the daily world boss. I've also had issues with abilities (vigor) not working when using them after breaking free
    Edited by crobarXIII on November 14, 2017 12:05PM
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 Pro. Original everything.

Cyrodiil first transitus is about 50% successful. Anything after that is usually a load screen.

100% chance of infinite load screen after death.
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One X
    External HD
    EU
    Only encounter the issue when trying to leave Cyrodiil via wayshrine. All solo content has been fine so far and I can get into PvP campaign just fine, but as soon as I try to leave for the first time I get stuck in an infinite load screen. If I quit to home screen, reload the game (respawning back at the Cyrodiil wayshrine) then I can leave without any issues
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • SlinkySlack
    SlinkySlack
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all.

PS4pro EU (since launch)
    SSD yes but only for 6 days and loading screens was reason for getting one.

What I've noticed is that the new set of loading screen problems that we got for free with last patch is more like the server looses track of the client status. Its like client loads faster than what server can track and then server gives unusually long loading. Sometimes I can hear my character has already loaded, hear the personality emotes and even other players as they go through the door or whatever. Close app and open then my character is at destination.
    When in group and friend say he gets long loading I can see him standing already loaded.

You say you don't know what the problem might be, but I think you just want unbiased feedback. The fact that you specifically ask weather or not we have SSD strengthen my theory. SSD loads much faster than normal HDD and thus easier for server to loose track of client status and then gives long loading screen. Well this is only what I think and it does not matter what I think, all that matters is that YOU FIX FOR GOOD and not put band aid on. MAYBE BUY YOUR ON VIVEC DAMNED SEVER AND KEEP UPDATED WITH NEW TECHNOLOGIES...

• Dedimos
    Dedimos
    ✭✭✭
    CPU: i7-4770

Loading screens occurs on SSD and HDD (i tried both). Mostly in Cyrodiil.
    I tried clean install, without addons - no result.

Scenarios:
    - using wayshrine,
    - resurrecting at camp/keep,
    - getting stuck in loading screen also after keep flip
    - being in close area near broken keep walls, which are being repaired by other players (loading screens begins when keep wall is "closed").

Being in group with players which are not rendered for my game client (i see only nameplate, no character model) is guaranteed endless loading screen. These loading screens occurs also while Im not in group.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have already been beating the horse on this with my other thread, posts and comments. There are plenty of comments/feedback already on here. Taking a break from the game until things improve and/or get fixed. I'm just here to say, hey, at least, it's good to know the good folks at ZOS are tracking this crazy shenanigans.
  • FoldingStars13
    Xbox one NA server
    Infinite load screen when dying in pvp and trying to repawn. Same happens when using transit shrines within cyrodil. Also hit one at woodworking station in Deshaan

Don't know if it applies for other people but I've just been in cyrodil on a character I haven't played since before the update and I was able to travel and respawn just fine

Oh also I have an invisible character for about three seconds when I've logged in or traveled
  • Rak_am
    Rak_am
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno an interesting thing happened right after an infinite load screen: if the application was killed an immediately restarted, I could not connect tothe server at all. Your servers were replying with an error, stating the servers were unable to connect.

same

zenimax, FIX THE GAME