The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Nussi28
    Nussi28
    ✭✭
    PS4 standard hard drive

- Cyrodiil: infinite loading screens when respawning after death and using way shrines. Infinte means that even after 10-15 minutes it won't load, so I did restart the whole game. This occurs in more than 90%, ~10% it's doing just fine.

- Battlegrounds: loading screen after death, showing battleground background. After some minutes it will change to normal background and than actually completing. It seams I was still in the match and even got some AP and the mail afterwards. This has happened to me for 5 times in the last days. I did 15-20 matches in this timeframe
  • Samsquanch
    Samsquanch
    ✭✭
    Xbox One player here. I mainly get "unusually long" (infinite) load screens when loading into the game, loading into a dungeon, traveling to a keep in Cyrodiil, or going through a door in Cyrodiil/Imperial City Districts.

Thanks. Good luck in your search for a solution. We need it!
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regular PS4
    North American Server
    Long load screens when travelling between wayshrines, travelling to player, and using portals of any kind. No external hard drive, Original PS4 hard drive in system.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    Original Xbox One, NA
    External 7200 RPM 1TB HDD

Doing anything in Cyrodiil that requires shrines or spawning. Porting to any location while alive or after I've been killed, infinite load screen 100% of the time. Can't even port from Northern to Southern High Rock without dashboarding. Haven't had a single one outside of Cyrodiil. Yesterday I did several Battlegrounds, some CWC content, a couple dungeons, and ported all over the map to every big trader city there is trying to find gear in the guild stores for a rework of my Magblade, not a single load screen doing any of that. Only Cyrodiil. Which is why I play this game for the most part.
    Edited by AsheronRealaidain on November 14, 2017 2:55PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA
  • Rescue78
    Rescue78
    ✭✭✭
    System: PS4 Pro, NA Server
    Zone: All
    When: Traveling from wayshrines, when resurrecting in PVP, when moving from one part of a dungeon to another part of the dungeon, when just running through the PVP zone
    SSD: No
    HDD: Aftermarket Seagate 2tb
    Edited by Rescue78 on November 14, 2017 2:02PM
  • CatManDew
    CatManDew
    Xbox 1 X both NA and EU
    Game installed internally

Sometimes I’ll get stuck in a load screen when swapping zones (the zone doesn’t matter).

80% of the time I’ll get stuck in a los screen when reviving to a keep, or traveling to another keep in Cyrodil. In both Vivec, Shore and Kyne.
  • jeanz1978
    jeanz1978
    ✭✭
    Standard PS4 (NA)
    I experienced it trying to jump out of a daily dungeon (nWGT) back into Wayrest. I have not yet been able to load in on that character but can load in on other characters.
    Gurgalurg Squad PS4 NA

690+ Stam DK
    690+ Mag Blade
    690+ Templar Healer
    690+ Mag Sorc
    690+ Stam Warden
    690+ Mag DK
    690+ Stamplar
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 EU original disk

An additional thought.

For me the long loading screens are always once already in game.

I mean I can be playing, use the transit and go into long loading screens. Shut down the client and reload and It gets me in every time to the location I just failed to move to. Once in, moving to a new location has problems but not that initial loading screen going from character selection.

I'll also confirm that seeing the cycling anim stutter (disk access?) is a good thing as that is when I know its going to work.

Just curious does anyone get the issue after selecting their character?
    EU PS4
  • LUC1D7
    LUC1D7
    ✭✭
    Let us know which system and megaserver you’re on if you’re currently having this issue.
    XBOX ONE [Original] and Xbox NA
    Is there any specific area or zone you consistently see a long loading screen?

99% in Cyrodiil when you die and try to rez at a keep. 1% The other night these did creep into some pve areas as well. It seems so far isolated and could have been other things but that pattern was the same. Travel to wayshrine unlimited load screen. Kill app and re launch. At the new spot and good to go until I needed to wayshrine again.

I am using a digitally installed version of the game on an internal standard 500 gig HDD that came with the original Xbox one. If it helps, I had the original Imperial Edition and then purchased the MW chapter as well.
    Edited by LUC1D7 on November 14, 2017 2:28PM
  • dyn0m1k3
    dyn0m1k3
    ✭✭
    Not sure if its relevant but thought its worth mentioning that a few times during solo PVE gameplay (on standard Xbox One, EU server, digitally downloaded) the game has started to lag then disconnected me due to "excessive messaging" even though I didn't send any messages and have voice chat disabled... This has happened around around 3 times during the past month...
    Xbox Series X EU Server GT: dyn0m1k3
  • spiiros
    spiiros
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 NA

Regular

First Party HD

Loading screens in between sections for each trial except for vAS.
    Battlegrouns/Cryro.. if death occurs, more than 90% chance of a infinite loading screen, which results in 20 minute ban from queing, lol.
    And only a few times in between rounds for Maelstrom.
    Edited by spiiros on November 14, 2017 2:35PM
  • JaySeg75
    JaySeg75
    Soul Shriven
    Standard PS4 NA

Been getting caught in loading screens very often when using wayshrines to get into or out of Mournhold and occasionally when leaving Mournhold on foot or walking around outside the walls. I also get stuck very often when entering or leaving the Mages Guild in Elden Root. Last night I was working on using up my crafting surveys and bounced around to several areas and wayshrines but only experienced the issue in the above mentioned locations.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going from 1 Alikrs Desert wayshine to another
    xbox EU.
    xbox 1 x. standard hard drive

Edited by MJallday on November 14, 2017 3:06PM
  • PereUch
    PereUch
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One S
    Internal Storage
    EU server

Infinite loading screen mostly in pvp (solo) when res at any locations. Also when using transit to any location in Cyro and using wayshrines to go outside Cyro...

It also sometime happens when getting out of a dungeon to a wayshrine or a player.

The only thing i can do is to restart the game.
    Edited by PereUch on November 14, 2017 2:53PM
    llSithisll
    CP780+ ▪ Cœurébène ▪Xbox EU

cxxxxx():::::::::::::::::::::::::::›

Elethael Lame Noire DPS
    Maeline Templière HEAL
  • death_pudding
    PS4 NA
    Regular PS4
    First party hard drive

I consistently get load screens at the door before you go into the hallway that leads to the Warrior's boss room in HRC. AA after every pad teleport. After DCing in vAS last night I couldn't get back into the Olms boss room. In MoL, the door before the hallway with bombers that leads up to Rakkhat's room and if you die while running the back yard on Rakkhat or are pulled back into the boss room than I hit perma load screens.
    PS4 NA PSN: death_pudding

| vHRC HM | vSO HM | vAA HM | vMOL | vHOF | vAS +1s | vCR | vMA Flawless | vDSA |

Magblade
    Stamblade
    DK Tank

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

We’ve also been able to pin down a solid reproducible case for us to investigate that our own Game Director Matt Firor was encountering.

Thank heavens Matt actually plays the game!
    Nothing better to get the guys on the move than for the boss to have problems.

PS4 internal hard drive digital Imperial addition.
    Using Transit in Cyrodiil, reviving from a death or anything that causes a UI reload such as keep upgrade, Keep capture or passing one of those special loading screen trees create infinite load screens which only an app restart will end.
    I have had zero issue in PvE other than frame rate drop in heavily populated zones which is to be expected.

Edited by TequilaFire on November 14, 2017 3:00PM
  • thelegion
    thelegion
    Soul Shriven
    Xbox one x - internal hd

My experience yesterday: at skyreach catacombs, zoning in and out of the instance produced 0 infinite load screens for me.

Anytime I traveled back to belkarth via wayshrine, i got stuck in a load screen.

Likewise, in imperial sewers, going from district to district produced 0 load screens for me. Only after death, or traveling from keep to keep seemed to throw me into an infinite load in pvp.

Seems to be more of a wayshrine/spawn related load screen?
  • SamWale
    SamWale
    ✭✭
    PS4 EU Server
    PS4 Pro with original HDD.

Infinite loading screens in Cyrodiil when respawning at or traveling between Transitus Shrines. Having to restart the game almost every time.

I've seen hundreds of posts in zone chat from other players with the same issue.

I've not yet experienced this issue outside of Cyrodiil.

Thanks for prioritising this. Fingers crossed for a fix soon!
  • cFos
    cFos
    Xbox One S
    EU server

Playing game via disk (not downloaded).

I experience load screens in Deshaan - on the stairs approaching approaching the traders circle/enchanting hut. Approaching the Woodworker bench, approaching the smith/cloth bench.

Also, lately group, but do not transport to dungeons (both random and specific) using Dungeon finder.

I also experience a loading screen when exiting the tree in Grahtwood through the "main/large" exit that approaches the mount trainer. Usually hit the load screen right at the mount trainer on route to the AD master writ NPC.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello and thanks for this thread althought it's a little too late for it.

This is what I'm currently experiencing:

Which system and megaserver you’re on if you’re currently having this issue.
    Regular PS4, EU Server

Is there any specific area or zone you consistently see a long loading screen?

Aetherian Archive
    On teleport pads I'm constantly loading. Sometimes I force quit the application, login again, manage to get on the pads again and I end up in another loading screen. Both vet AND normal;

Maw of Lorkhaj
    The door before the last trash pulls of Sun-Eaters spawn ( before last boss ) is basically a guillottine. We lose at least a couple of players up to half the group there. If we happen to wipe on last boss when runners are in the backroom, they get an infinite loading screen while resurrecting;

Heavy populated areas
    Such as Mournhold, Wayrest, Belkarth, Clockwork City, Rawl'kha etc etc are home of the weirdest things you can find.
    I'm used to hang around in Deshaan and when I happen to log in during a peak I usually get a loading screen that either turns into a server time-out error or when I do actually log in I find my character invisible (status that lasts for around 5-10 seconds ) and all sorts of weird acrobatic manuveurs my character can do on my mount;

Open World Cyrodil
    I didn't play in the campaign as much but basically everytime I died and had to respawn in a keep resulted in an infinite loading screen;

What are you doing when you experience a long loading screen? I.e.: Using a wayshrine, resurrecting, looting, etc.

Nothing.
    Most of the crashes and infinite loops of loading happened while traveling to or from an instance.
    The only weird situation where I got an infinite loading screen happened in Mournhold: I was walking towards the Woodworking station and I got caught in a loading screen that quickly turned into an infinite loop and forced me to reboot the application.
    It wasn't as uncommon to exit Mournhold from the Master Crafter mediator gate, walking a little bit away and having a close encounter of the third kind with a quick loading screen. Problem is now that this "loading area" apparently moved from outside the city to around the woodworking station and the loading screen becomes infinite.

Are you utilizing any sort of SSD?

Not really
    Just using a regular PS4
    Edited by Weps on November 14, 2017 4:38PM
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server: Xbox NA
    System: Xbox One S
    Zone: Mostly in Cyrodill
    Doing: Anything that triggers a load screen. That can be respawning at a keep or camp, fixing a wall, riding across the map and hitting one of those transition-zone load screens, or using wayshrines to travel to any keep or outpost. Also happens in overland PvE while using wayshrines. Also in Deshaan going to the woodworking area in Mournhold.
    Hard Drive: OEM - Out of the box, non-modified console
    Ethernet Connection
    Edited by Daedric_NB_187 on November 14, 2017 4:30PM
  • Ashagin
    Ashagin
    ✭✭
    Every time I enter or leave the crow world boss in clockwork city. Every single time. Ps4 pro
  • HypnoticMarmot
    HypnoticMarmot
    ✭✭✭
    Stock PS4 NA

Disc copy of the game

I get load screens everytime I die in cyrodiil/port from keep to keep or die in battle grounds.They also occur if I try to fast travel using gold, but don't when I use a wayshrine.

There is also another bug not sure if the load screens have anything to do with it, but sometimes in trials my screen randomly freezes and I have to close and open app.

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Let us know which system and megaserver you’re on if you’re currently having this issue.
      • If you’re on PS4, please specify if you’re on a regular PS4 or PS4 Pro.
      • If on Xbox, please specify if you’re using an Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X.
      • If you’re a PC player, let us know what sort of processor you’re running.
    • Is there any specific area or zone you consistently see a long loading screen?
    • What are you doing when you experience a long loading screen?
      • I.e.: Using a wayshrine, resurrecting, looting, etc.
    • Are you utilizing any sort of SSD?
    • If you play on Xbox, is the game installed on the internal hard drive or an external hard drive?
    • If you’re on PS4, are you using the first party hard drive or a replacement?

FINALLY! after 6+ months, real action (well let's hope so).

Infinite loading screens:

1. PC/EU Vivec
    2. i4790K/16Gb RAM/SSD and i7-4800MQ/16Gb RAM/SSD laptop
    3. Cyrodiil
    4. just playing the game, happens more at prime time when the server is lagging out
    5. Happens when using wayshrine teleport or after death (ie. long distance teleport)
    6. SSD on both machines

As I've mentioned before, I'm always solo / ungrouped. So it definately also happens to people that are not in a group.
    When it happens, killing the game client is the only way out. Important to know, the client<->server connection is still alive and kicking, when running tcpdump/wireshark you see both sides still communicating.

Long time ago, posted all the info about packet traces etc... but doubt anything was ever done with it, since that was in July:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4347546/#Comment_4347546

Bottom line.. this issue has been present for a long time... started to b.tch and moan about it here on the forum since May 2017 (!!!!)
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC: Cyro only; Vet CP/No CP & Under 50. Using transit shrines. Or a random loadscreen after a keep capture/ big repair.

Random as you like mostly. Until the first one then its loooong all the way til a game restart.

AMD FX8350 Black Edition AM3+ 8 Core CPU 4.0GHz
  • daveqjr
    daveqjr
    ✭✭
    Regular PS4 NA, original hard drive
    Happening at wayshrines, mostly in Bangkorai

• Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    NA Server - xbox One S and Xbox One X...nice job on the update, game in 4k looks amazing

Game installed internally.

Only experience long load screens in Cyrodiil, happens consistently when re-spawning or travelling between way-shrines. Occasionally the long load screens are random, just out of the blue I'll go to a load screen. All of my long load screens happen when I'm part of a group.

Interestingly, I also ran solo for a few hours the past few days(no one playing broken pvp) and did not experience any long load screens. Maybe coincidence?
    Edited by Jammer480 on November 14, 2017 6:41PM
    Livin' the dream...
  • krystinathealien
    PS4 EU and NA
    Internal Harddrive (standard one that comes with system)

On EU: I’ve noticed the infinite load screens in trials, especially before going to the Warrior in Hel Ra, as well as teleporting on pads in AA. I’ve been with a few people who’ve had them going through doors in Maw of Lorkhaj. I also had a random one while walking through the crafting area of Elden Root where I had to reboot the game.

On the NA server, I noticed it when traveling through the portal and a few doors in Halls of Fabrication.

I also noticed it in Cyrodiil on both servers, where I’ve had to completely shut my game down to fix it.
    PSN & PC - krystinathealien
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Cyrodiil, it is very common to enter a rogue loading screen when using certain gap closers, namely Critical Charge, Shield Charge, and Teleport Strike. This almost always results in death and/or game crash.

I am fairly certain that this occurs because these abilities move your character TOO FAST and the max range in gap closers is TOO LONG. The distal environment may not be loaded and flying through the air at supersonic speeds seems to be causing problems.

You need to SLOW them down to (at max) the speed of the Templar's Toppling Charge which does not seem to suffer from this problem. I realize this might hurt some players' feelings, but it would likely solve this particular issue while also making these abilities slightly more balanced in combat.

If you want to be even more diligent with balancing gap closers, you could make them cost 33% more when you are affected by a snare. This game's combat design doesn't support kiting gameplay because OP gap closers are everywhere.
    Edited by Solariken on November 14, 2017 7:27PM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    NA PS4 Standard with Factory HD. Primarily in Cyrodiil with transit shrines or death respawn gets a load screen that doesn’t end.