Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette yeah you do have a nice comp for bombing those zergs. I was part of a dawnbreaker bomb from up on high last night as I was just chilling for the ap lol.
    Haha thanks. If we have more than two or three in group I will sometimes run negate to try and deal with all of the random pug healers. Seems to work well but in that particular instance we were only able to hold out for so long.
    @Vapirko @technohic I think the pvp has been the best it’s been all year in shor. There are times when it does get pretty zergy, but most of the time you can find good fights and bait leftovers from a keep lost to a zerg or sit in between 2 places of conflict. Also you can take the lesser outposts and small numbers will come instead of large cus they’re not priorities.

This. When we're running our small group and since we're AD my group usually just goes for Bleakers or Bruma which sets up really good fights and keeps us away from the zergs / pugs. We've had really enjoyable fights lately ranging from large DC groups like Call to Glory and EP Dreadlords to smaller more organized groups. Best advice I can give if you're a small group looking for a lot of action is if you're DC go take Sej and post up there and if you're EP go take Nik and set up there. You should get a decent amount of action from the other two factions that naturally go for those outposts (why we go for Bleakers or Bruma).

I wish I had a small DC group, I just don’t know enough players who are on at the times I play and want to keep a small scale but more casual group going. I’m all for continuing to practice solo, but damn does it get frustrating.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I wish I had a small DC group, I just don’t know enough players who are on at the times I play and want to keep a small scale but more casual group going. I’m all for continuing to practice solo, but damn does it get frustrating.

I know exactly what you mean. When my two buddies and I first started playing around start of 2017 we just kinda zerg surfed because we didn't know what we were doing. Then we joined a large pvp guild which was nice to learn the ins and outs of Cyrodiil PvP but running in a full raid got super dull not to mention the servers went to crap it seemed like. So the three of us just created our own small scale guild out of necessity and over time recruited a few people we've consistently ran with. Unfortunately for "small man" pvp guilds/groups it seems like it is primarily reserved for super elite which I wouldn't classify us in. However we're getting good practice fighting various other small man groups / guilds and we've gotten pretty good at busting larger zergs. Probably once a week or so we do still run "medium - large" groups, just to keep things different and have a change of pace.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just shamelessly plugging my DK hybrid video with 2 different setups ranging from 5500-6500 sd/wd. Slaying in 1vX,2vX, and GvX. Share your thoughts. Playing it on AD and EP.
    https://youtu.be/qE_2NExaPVg
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on December 3, 2018 6:03PM
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Shor I'd pretty much just used as a guild event for me on Friday nights due to us usually having a large group that's hard to get everyone in to Vivec at that time. Used to be somewhat fun to me a as other factions used to match numbers then, but even that's trailed off. The guild I run in likes the "no wipe" nights but I honestly have been turned off by it as it means we hadn't fought much. I know what its like coming here solo to get ran over by groups like that. At best, we might run into a smaller group if better players that can fight outnumbered but that's been it.

Unfortunately; I dont hve much pull and I doubt I'd say much anyway so long as mostly what I've seen them do is push out from our faction already being pushed to the gates and grab our scrolls. Maybe dethrone an emp. They haven't tried to take the map.

Can confirm: No intention to take the entire map by the Friday night DC zerg. The focus is home keeps, home scrolls, maybe take another scroll or two, open EP or AD gates to get the skyshards, or dethrone. Granted, zergs can be annoying to those who favor small fights; there are, however, 166 other hours every week where that particular group isn't running. I can't speak to other groups at other times.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • SirDuckman
    SirDuckman
    ✭✭✭
    Shor I'd pretty much just used as a guild event for me on Friday nights due to us usually having a large group that's hard to get everyone in to Vivec at that time. Used to be somewhat fun to me a as other factions used to match numbers then, but even that's trailed off. The guild I run in likes the "no wipe" nights but I honestly have been turned off by it as it means we hadn't fought much. I know what its like coming here solo to get ran over by groups like that. At best, we might run into a smaller group if better players that can fight outnumbered but that's been it.

Unfortunately; I dont hve much pull and I doubt I'd say much anyway so long as mostly what I've seen them do is push out from our faction already being pushed to the gates and grab our scrolls. Maybe dethrone an emp. They haven't tried to take the map.

Can confirm: No intention to take the entire map by the Friday night DC zerg. The focus is home keeps, home scrolls, maybe take another scroll or two, open EP or AD gates to get the skyshards, or dethrone. Granted, zergs can be annoying to those who favor small fights; there are, however, 166 other hours every week where that particular group isn't running. I can't speak to other groups at other times.

And keep in mind that when our guild goes out that ONCE a week, it is all about fun. Most of us have 2 drinks (1 in each hand), wearing pve gear, and just shooting the crap after a long week of work without wearing pants!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDuckman wrote: »

And keep in mind that when our guild goes out that ONCE a week, it is all about fun. Most of us have 2 drinks (1 in each hand), wearing pve gear, and just shooting the crap after a long week of work without wearing pants!

The drinking is key. By having people in Discord; it counts as not drinking alone so no alcoholism there. Social drinking
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭

The drinking is key. By having people in Discord; it counts as not drinking alone so no alcoholism there. Social drinking

Friday Night Fights on Shor with these fellas has become my favorite aspect of ESO. Shor has been really competitive on the weekends and there is plenty of action for larger zergs, small groups, bombers, etc. Yellow Fever, Dreadlords, Call to Glory, Vanquish all hold down good action for their respective alliances. There are plenty of different groups to fit various playstyles and levels of "gud". The overall mix has improved considerably this year.

Performance issues on Vivec has made Shor my preferred campaign over the past six months. Perhaps I wasn't here for the "good old days" of 2015/2016 Cyrodil PVP that is often held up as a measuring stick, but I think alot of the criticism of Shor on these forums is generally misguided and unfair.

Hopefully the momentum continues into 2019.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some really solid fights last night in Shor. Especially one really good tri faction fight at Aleswell lumber.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some really solid fights last night in Shor. Especially one really good tri faction fight at Aleswell lumber.

Almost went to shor last night because Vivec has been pretty bad, and not just because of lag. Decided to go to pve some to work on my DK. Now kind of wish I went on over to Shor.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette You guys got me in a couple bombs. Looks like you are getting pretty good at it.

Had some good no zerg fights to defend the scroll just now after it looked like the zergs had left. Was maybe a total of 6 or 7 different pugs here and there. The emp showed up but wasnt as scary as the DK with Zaan and Sloads. Didnt realize a large group had come on the other side of the rocks to take the scroll while I was busy figuring out what to do about that lol.
    Edited by technohic on December 8, 2018 5:20AM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette You guys got me in a couple bombs. Looks like you are getting pretty good at it.

Had some good no zerg fights to defend the scroll just now after it looked like the zergs had left. Was maybe a total of 6 or 7 different pugs here and there. The emp showed up but wasnt as scary as the DK with Zaan and Sloads. Didnt realize a large group had come on the other side of the rocks to take the scroll while I was busy figuring out what to do about that lol.

Thanks! I was just watching the footage again. We had a few great bombs. The five of us need a little more practice but we're getting there. Vanquish gave us great practice tonight.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    @BaylorCorvette yeah you do have a nice comp for bombing those zergs. I was part of a dawnbreaker bomb from up on high last night as I was just chilling for the ap lol.
    Haha thanks. If we have more than two or three in group I will sometimes run negate to try and deal with all of the random pug healers. Seems to work well but in that particular instance we were only able to hold out for so long.
    @Vapirko @technohic I think the pvp has been the best it’s been all year in shor. There are times when it does get pretty zergy, but most of the time you can find good fights and bait leftovers from a keep lost to a zerg or sit in between 2 places of conflict. Also you can take the lesser outposts and small numbers will come instead of large cus they’re not priorities.

This. When we're running our small group and since we're AD my group usually just goes for Bleakers or Bruma which sets up really good fights and keeps us away from the zergs / pugs. We've had really enjoyable fights lately ranging from large DC groups like Call to Glory and EP Dreadlords to smaller more organized groups. Best advice I can give if you're a small group looking for a lot of action is if you're DC go take Sej and post up there and if you're EP go take Nik and set up there. You should get a decent amount of action from the other two factions that naturally go for those outposts (why we go for Bleakers or Bruma).

What times do you play? I'll join up with you whenever I'm on. I dont wreck people but I have fun no matter what. Holler at me if you want. @Stridig .
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Everyone would getting everyone to do the name search in guild roster improve the overall performance of each campaign? Maybe we ZOS could turn off guild rosters while in Cyrodiil?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Everyone would getting everyone to do the name search in guild roster improve the overall performance of each campaign? Maybe we ZOS could turn off guild rosters while in Cyrodiil?

@SkysOutThizeOut theres now an add-on for it. idk if this will be true for everyone, but for me it did seem to "clean up" the game play. Despite the lag I get from playing overseas, abilities seemed to go off a lot more smoothly and there were less FPS hangups and lag spikes. I am tentatively excited for ZOS releasing a fix if they actually do it well, but they are officially working on it for the next update.

Try it out, idk what the improvement for people with already good ping/performance will be but my hopes are that when the fix is out that the cumulative effect across all players will change things for the better, providing ZOS doesn't break it further or break something else. https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2211-ArkadiusGuildRosterUpdateBlock.html
    Edited by Vapirko on December 9, 2018 3:11AM
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko yeah when people say it only alleviates one side.... idk. When 750 people have 2500 pings a piece every few seconds... that seems like it’s take a significant toll on the server on top of everything else. And thanks for the link
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How has the population been on Shor through the week? Getting tired of Vivec lag
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How has the population been on Shor through the week? Getting tired of Vivec lag

I've been messing around solo for an hour or two a night and been able to get consistent fights of all sizes. Grouped up with 'Vette for a few hours last night and had a blast.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night there was the usual Dreadlords group (among other EP) that pushed around the map for a bit before doing their disappearing act. DC was primarily Call To Glory. Fights are good so long as you're solo or up to 5-6. Monday it was pretty dead, so we went to IC and the Sewers to get some PvP and Telvar. Usually upon campaign reset and a few days after is the best time in Shor, IMO. That and Friday nights when the opportunity to fight huge groups is there.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @technohic my best night of pvp for 2s and 3s was last night in shor. It was awesome. And I am going to be posting a video of it soon. It was awesome.

And I love call to glory. While they’re not the best players, they’re consistently on, provide enough numbers for it to be very challenging to barely challenging and can provide longer fights that are fun. And rarely ever cheese, which is respectable.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I love call to glory. While they’re not the best players, they’re consistently on, provide enough numbers for it to be very challenging to barely challenging and can provide longer fights that are fun. And rarely ever cheese, which is respectable.

This. I've started making friends in Call To Glory despite the fact that I have never set foot in Shor with a non AD toon lol.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette they’re the most non-cheese, “small scale” behaving large groups I’ve ever ran into. I do imagine they’d be better than the sweaty try hard zergs that have requirements for cheese gear group setups if they did it.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of a technical question, what kind of vigor tool tip or other defense do I need to outheal a good player running master DW? Either need to figure this out or go get a set for myself. That bleed feels almost impossible to survive. It seems like you can slap it on almost any build and make that build viable.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko it’s not the bleed that’s hard to survive for me, unless I’m defiled. I run rally, cauterize, vigor, lash, embers. No issue, until you bring in a defile, esp with cost increase.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko it’s not the bleed that’s hard to survive for me, unless I’m defiled. I run rally, cauterize, vigor, lash, embers. No issue, until you bring in a defile, esp with cost increase.

That’s a fair number of heals though. I’ve just been melting when master dw is used. I can purge it but it’s easily reapplied. It’s just enough pressure combined with other attacks to put me out if up against a good player.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing I know to do is have very high crit resist, as many HOTs as possible, and hopefully pressure first and hard to keep them on their back foot rather than be able to apply the bleeds. Playing a templar helps also but Im not always on my templar.

My Vigor tooltip is sitting somehwere between 14-15K unbuffed. Debating replacing ravager for something with more stamina and more uptime to raise that a bit
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @technohic , I haven't played stam in a little bit (got bored of stamwarden and stamblade, so I'm making my life harder playing magwarden), but I much prefer veiled heritance to ravager. Tiny amount less weapon damage (but check out tool tip differences - they're uber small) and you can easily have near 100% uptime.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @technohic , I haven't played stam in a little bit (got bored of stamwarden and stamblade, so I'm making my life harder playing magwarden), but I much prefer veiled heritance to ravager. Tiny amount less weapon damage (but check out tool tip differences - they're uber small) and you can easily have near 100% uptime.

I've actually run it once. I'm thinking more of something that will be up without having to proc it. Want vigor to be higher before starting and have a stronger opener. Or if I'm running away. Might try this again though as it doesn't rely on melee. I have a bow but just for expedition and harrassment from range with stam return. Dont actually slot a skill for it although I suppose I could replace javelin for the new bow stun bug if I were into cheese
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The New Life festival should come to Cyrodioll. Christmas trees as bartering rams and mud balls that deal 10k damage and apply major defile.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Adenoma people need to stop acting like magden isn’t lit because it totally is.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Adenoma people need to stop acting like magden isn’t lit because it totally is.
    Definitely. They can do good healing/buffs/debuffs in any size fight. That Corrupting pollen is bae <3 and Permafrost is amazing, annoying af to fight against. TM's raid lead has been running Magden for a while now.

Adenoma, have you tried necropotence/bright toast/balorgh? Bonus points for shouting "NIFLHEIM" when you cast Permafrost.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube