Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @A_G_G_R_O thats disheartening. .

I can say we ran into a brand new DC guild today. They are very "fresh" to ESO pvp so try not to give them too hard a time: <Black Guard> - very nice group of fellows.

but that makes DC pretty heavy at this point. I think 10PM is going to be the new cut off as to not get crushed under the tidal wave of Vivec overflow.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good fights today at BRK lumbermill between Adamant, Known Sh'ttters on AD, Requiem, PUGz of Daggerfall on DC, and some EPs. Had a good time.
    Edited by StaticWave on December 19, 2017 4:59AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    yep, so again: 24+ man EP group running the map, then. . . . DC mobilizes under the great majestic and noble rampant lion rearing up in ferocious defiance against tyranny upon and azure field banner of Justice, and this happened:

Screenshot_20171218_193336.jpg

Repeatedly.

and then they logged. TM came on and wreaked havoc for (thankfully) 20 mins or so. phew! and then DC, oh boy, yall gonna love this, DC pop exploded and there was most likely 60 DC roaming in every direction. I took Requiem to BRK to try and split off and then @Joshlenoir dumpstered us with just 4 people. how many did you guys get there? 12-16 kills? #sadpanda
    Manlayan wrote: »
    if you dont like it, build a bigger one, recruit more people and stop us, or move on.

Well so here's my point: why do you want to encourage this? Are you advocating for more zerging? To what end?
    Better question is why are you standing there taking a screenshot and not trying to bomb us, that would be my thought process...

Well thing is, I was really just trying to get my facts straight. I legitimately felt bad for assuming <Dreadlords> were the absolute perpetrators of the EP zerg, so to ensure I "wasnt seeing double" I went ahead and documented the encounter.

wasn't just us 4, we had help from about 3 other AD from a different guild, good fights though.
  • Manlayan
    Manlayan
    Raknosh wrote: »
    If you guys spent half as much time fighting us as you do talking *** you might get something done.

I get your point but my only problem is that as soon the pop is getting a lil bit balanced, all the sudden, EP disappear...
    It's like that almost every night. We log on to a red map, 3 bars of EP vs 1-1. We start getting some ground and EP pop goes down. EP gets dethroned? Even worse.

Idk man, it feels like EP is truly here only for the pvdoor, they don't want to pvp... at least not with even numbers

Rak, i see what you are saying here, realize that most guilds have a "timeframe" that they actively play in and hang together. I will only say that Dreadlords require guild tabards to be worn during PvP, so turn on nameplates and you will know if it is us being active or not. We enjoy the big fights, and spend the majority of our time responding to keeps that are lit in hopes of finding large scale combat. Last night was a really weird exception to the rule as there seemed to be more EP active than we have seen. Kept hearing that it was because War-Mart was pushing emp, but however it goes.
  • Manlayan
    Manlayan
    yep, so again: 24+ man EP group running the map, then. . . . DC mobilizes under the great majestic and noble rampant lion rearing up in ferocious defiance against tyranny upon and azure field banner of Justice, and this happened:

Screenshot_20171218_193336.jpg

Repeatedly.

and then they logged. TM came on and wreaked havoc for (thankfully) 20 mins or so. phew! and then DC, oh boy, yall gonna love this, DC pop exploded and there was most likely 60 DC roaming in every direction. I took Requiem to BRK to try and split off and then @Joshlenoir dumpstered us with just 4 people. how many did you guys get there? 12-16 kills? #sadpanda
    if you dont like it, build a bigger one, recruit more people and stop us, or move on.

Well so here's my point: why do you want to encourage this? Are you advocating for more zerging? To what end?
    Better question is why are you standing there taking a screenshot and not trying to bomb us, that would be my thought process...

Well thing is, I was really just trying to get my facts straight. I legitimately felt bad for assuming <Dreadlords> were the absolute perpetrators of the EP zerg, so to ensure I "wasnt seeing double" I went ahead and documented the encounter.

Rickter, i'm pretty certain you have Nameplates turned on as you have commented in the past of seeing our tag. We do require our members to wear it so you will know if its a Dread Group or not. I stated before, last night was a very odd number of EP online, so much so, I and many others went to do other things.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night as soon as all the keeps/relics are taken red logs very frustrating ... they do not defend ..

. I think dread lords logs in before all of us they start to turn the map then PVE oriented players join in for a quick 50k of PVE door then they log the first time they are wiped... Then red pop drops meanwhile yellow and blue are all ganging up on red and then more red log... I think dreadlord starts early and ends early.. After dread leaves most of red leaves...

Blue quickly gets bored with red and yellow and blue begin to fight however yellow does not have the force to match the blues with out TM challenging the larger blue groups...

Thus the cycle begins...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to say that last night for DC was a fluke in terms of pop. But i will admit prior to that, there was a hefty dose of DC banding together to fight back Reds.

I knew of three DC groups running simultaneously and that was <Requiem> <PUGZ of Daggerfall> and <Black Guard>

I was given some pressure to group pugs and ran around with 16. BG had about 10. and idk how many PoD had.

in addition to that, right at 10PM there was a huge influx of even more DC players. i have no idea who they were or where they came from so idk if it was vivec guild or what.

WARmart on EP did communicate an emp push but it didnt go so well for them. But actually i cant really say because they logged on and went straight for Rayles. got slaughtered and i didnt see them again.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to say that last night for DC was a fluke in terms of pop. But i will admit prior to that, there was a hefty dose of DC banding together to fight back Reds.

I knew of three DC groups running simultaneously and that was <Requiem> <PUGZ of Daggerfall> and <Black Guard>

I was given some pressure to group pugs and ran around with 16. BG had about 10. and idk how many PoD had.

in addition to that, right at 10PM there was a huge influx of even more DC players. i have no idea who they were or where they came from so idk if it was vivec guild or what.

WARmart on EP did communicate an emp push but it didnt go so well for them. But actually i cant really say because they logged on and went straight for Rayles. got slaughtered and i didnt see them again.

PUGz of Daggerfall had 9 at our peak.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had 5 total but 4 most the time ....but 2 were playing completely new toons...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    The most annoying thing is it's either feast or famine so you're getting overrun with zergs or have no one to fight. Once one group starts losing, instead of changing tactics, asking for more people to help, or just playing and having fun, people log and the population gets very lopsided.I enjoy winning more than losing for sure, but I can still enjoy a losing fight.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Checked out Shor a couple times now on all 3 factions and honestly it’s been the same expierence on each one, fun fights all around.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mikmak wrote: »
    Checked out Shor a couple times now on all 3 factions and honestly it’s been the same expierence on each one, fun fights all around.

It's the best campaign with the most complaints.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scrolls were TM magnet yesterday lol. At some point, I tried to take one right under their nose while some of my group distracted em. I think I ran for 20 sec before they were already back on me. Oh well, we've tried xD
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really bums me out that EP doesn't try to defend, and seems to vanish as soon as there is any successful resistance to their PVEdooring, while I love the small scale fight atmosphere of Shor, I also really love taking a well defended keep, or, defending a keep with a hard fought battle.

So we often then go AD, and find groups smaller than ours at the time that I play, so I try to sit back as to not zerg them if we have 3 or 4 more people than them...I do this with small EP groups as well. I try to respect that wish of the Shor community for smaller non zergy groups.

However, last week and some of the weekend, I found myself getting bored between the non existent EP, or trying to avoid small groups, or trying to ignore the ball zerg meta groups. I'm glad to hear there were some good fights last night:)

PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night's PvP recap :.

BRK, controlled by the ebonheart pact quickly came under siege by a covenant Battalion being led by the one and only, @Rickter.
    They were plenty in numbers, and vigorous in their efforts. Although the pact met them with counterseige they pressed on. In the midst of this turmoil, they were approached by a small group of resistance fighters from the Dominion. Knights of order and balance, soldiers of honor, strength, and valour. Although the Dominion was outnumbered 4 to 1, they held tightly to their blade handles, gripped the shafts of their staves, prepared their shields, readied their bows, and pressed on. Quickly the turmoil turned into absolute chaos. The pact decided to jump off their keep walls after realizing the small group of fighters had the attention of the covenant. a three way fight ensued. both the small group of dominion and the pact formed an unwritten alliance to take out the covenant who were largest in numbers. Shortly after this all bets were off and the Dominion found themselves in the crosshairs of the pact.
    A moment of silence for all of the <DREADLORDS> that attempted to take BRK lumber from <KNOWN SH'TTERS> and <Adamant> small scale groups. Your valiant efforts are commended, your sheer numbers were daunting and challenging. You shook the earth with your footsteps as you approached. A red sea quickly swarmed the tower. Amongst the Crimson waves were Golden, gleaming eagles, fighting to their last breath. Through coordination, power, and skill, we came out on top. Until next time warriors.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on December 19, 2017 10:47PM
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    That was beautiful @Joshlenoir
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's what happen when PvPers turn into RPers xD
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »

BRK, controlled by the ebonheart pact quickly came under siege by a covenant Battalion being led by the one and only, @Rickter.
    They were plenty in numbers, and vigorous in their efforts. Although the pact met them with counterseige they pressed on. In the midst of this turmoil, they were approached by a small group of resistance fighters from the Dominion. Knights of order and balance, soldiers of honor, strength, and valour. Although the Dominion was outnumbered 4 to 1, they held tightly to their blade handles, gripped the shafts of their staves, prepared their shields, readied their bows, and pressed on. Quickly the turmoil turned into absolute chaos. The pact decided to jump off their keep walls after realizing the small group of fighters had the attention of the covenant. a three way fight ensued. both the small group of dominion and the pact formed an unwritten alliance to take out the covenant who were largest in numbers. Shortly after this all bets were off and the Dominion found themselves in the crosshairs of the pact.
    A moment of silence for all of the <DREADLORDS> that attempted to take BRK lumber from <KNOWN SH'TTERS> and <Adamant> small scale groups. Your valiant efforts are commended, your sheer numbers were daunting and challenging. You shook the earth with your footsteps as you approached. A red sea quickly swarmed the tower. Amongst the Crimson waves were Golden, gleaming eagles, fighting to their last breath. Through coordination, power, and skill, we came out on top. Until next time warriors.

Now I wasn’t there, but, it sounds like - long story made short - you helped zerg down blue team with your secondary alliance :D
    Edited by Vapirko on December 20, 2017 1:35AM
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Now I wasn’t there, but, it sounds like - long story made short - you helped zerg down blue team with your secondary alliance :D

Big blue zerg comes, we fight and kill much of them (AD small scale group), then red sieging and starts killing blue before they start trying to kill us which ultimately leads them to the resource we all went to and killed them at, emerging victorious.

I understand you're still salty from losing that duel to my teammate because you think I attachked you Mid fight when I didn't, but c'mon. Let's be civil here.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on December 20, 2017 2:45AM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why DC pushes Black boot when there is no scroll back there. Screw your quest you guys.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they held tightly to their blade handles hilts of their swords, gripped the shafts of their staves, prepared their shields, readied their bows, and pressed on.

i corrected that for you ;) but yes beautifully written. SerJustin would be very proud, indeed!

Ya'll take care of Shor. im getting married on Thursday and will not be in game until after the holidays. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Careful, @Joshlenoir, if you keep that up they'll start calling you "The Scipio of the South" :lol:

Congrats @Rickter!
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    I don't understand why DC pushes Black boot when there is no scroll back there. Screw your quest you guys.

Yeah, I've got a nice screen cap of the map painted blue late last night, with EP only holding its Trikeeps, and AD with literally nothing but Cropsford and a few resources.

I got on late, but that wasn't a fun map to play on.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tzayad wrote: »
    Stridig wrote: »

Yeah, I've got a nice screen cap of the map painted blue late last night, with EP only holding its Trikeeps, and AD with literally nothing but Cropsford and a few resources.

I got on late, but that wasn't a fun map to play on.

yeah, PUGz were gonna go down to BB just to find some fights cause we were bored ... then noticed that some randoms were there and were like NOPE... so we went north then shortly after queued for vivec .... was def not a fun map and I'm saying that as DC ( first night back in shor in about a week ... been farming mats in PvE land )
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dc zerging the whole map in shor rn at 3:30AM. This is sad
    Edited by StaticWave on December 22, 2017 8:30AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small pop campaigns always have this issue, especially around night time. Once one side clearly manages to get momentum, the other sides usually logs off after a decisive battle.

It also doesn't help when groups don't play the map to their faction's advantage. If the medium-small groups present on the weakest faction prefer to gravitate toward the battles between the other factions when their own ***'s on fire, it usually depresses their own population further.

Edited by gabriebe on December 22, 2017 2:06PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    dc zerging the whole map in shor rn at 3:30AM. This is sad

There must have been some Zerg momentum after all the fighting at ales. Seemed everyone and there mother was between there and glade. I went in a 4 -6 man group but we wound up with every other blue seeing as we were pushed to 2 home keeps or less at times and Ales being farmed.

Saw at least 2 red zergs, a large size AD group, Aggro and his crew (think you were with them?) , another AD small group I thought we were running toward Aggro and company and going to get whipped but turned out to be some posers. And then every DC available as far as I can tell. All pretty much in that area.

In another note; did any of you see me jumping/ teleport around? I was having a terrible time. Thought it was all the people in one spot but my guildies weren’t having issues. Started disabling addons but no luck. I was wondering how it looked on the other end as sometimes it felt like I couldn’t get my shields up and it killed me. Other times it felt like I rubber band out of harm.

When I logged I looked at the router and realized our adult kid was home and was nailing my bandwidth. Did some QOS settings to favor my machine hoping that’s going to help.
    Edited by technohic on December 22, 2017 3:25PM
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    My group of 3 DC was outnumbered at every encounter last night in Shor Primetime, we were down to 2 quickly, and trying to take Glade back, so DC could get around the map. Just 2 of us....We died from 3 dif EOS, 2 DBOS, etc....as 20 EP mowed us down. The group became 1, and I then tried to take back glade with some randoms.

I think that this slow campaign is just going to be more painful during the holidays.
    Edited by Hexquisite on December 22, 2017 9:17PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's already been painfull for the last weeks
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several ball zerg guilds have shown up at nights from the red side 18-24 people in a group... from about 7pm est. to 11pm est.. I talked to 2 of them both said they were lag refugee's... I also told them there is no reason to run 24 in a group here.. 12 will do just fine... But the response was this was a guild group event and that they had alote of new players...

Our group of 3 with the help another 4 man group wiped them twice .. They refused to scatter so we negate bombed them.. However there have been others to come over that had more competent players and they basically roll over our keeps with 18 to 24 players... We just avoid them and look for dread lords...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables