The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

so... will now everyone change from HA to light and medium..?!?

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back on topic:

@Brutusmax1mus I swapped to misrule food and was able to get 33k mag, 3100 SD (with another 300 SD for class abilities that i need to test if that set is actually working) and have 1200 both stam/mag recovery.
    But I lost major expedition and have to use spell power pots. Not ideal, but most of the time im playing with Rinaldo and he is playing a DK so I have easy access to that buff.

This is 5pc Innate/ 5pc Prisoners 1pc chudan/1pc pirate.

Still working on cowards combos.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    and now plz lets talk about the more interesting point, whos shifting from heavy to MEDIUM??

My stam dk will stay in heavy armor. In small groups I think it's better to play support roles than glass cannons.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going switch back to light armor after I finish downloading the Clock Work City Dlc,. For us console players. I was told go heavy, long ago. I honestly dislike wearing heavy armor. No matter what I do, I still get torn to sheds very easily. Especially for example, 2 days ago. Assassins will, 10,500 damage with me on heavy armor. Impressive damage, but not good for me. I'll rather use light armor now.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of medium armor sets to think about. *Blood spawn with tavas and Spriggan.
    * Wwhide with Seventh
    * shackle breaker and seventh
    * throw hulking in there too somewhere

I still plan on running heavy tho.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Wwhide with Seventh

I'm considering strength of the automaton + bpt
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Wwhide with Seventh

Why strengths?Wouldnt you be better off going hounding since it affect your healing and all your attacks.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    * Wwhide with Seventh

Why strengths?Wouldnt you be better off going hounding since it affect your healing and all your attacks.

Because automaton would provide more raw damage, you're right about heals, however this is for a bow build (BGs/ Open World) where sustained healing won't be necessary (if opponents are in range I run, if I get 1v1 I want to kill more than try to have a long battle)

Example, right now I'm running Eternal Hunt, which is absolutely wonderful in duels or periodically in BGs - however the amount of time I use the rune vs not use the rune is pretty steep. I'll get a lot more efficiency out of a set that's offensive than defensive, and automation is more offensive than Hundings.

At least that's the theory, I'll see how it works in practice
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Wwhide with Seventh

Because automaton would provide more raw damage, you're right about heals, however this is for a bow build (BGs/ Open World) where sustained healing won't be necessary (if opponents are in range I run, if I get 1v1 I want to kill more than try to have a long battle)

Example, right now I'm running Eternal Hunt, which is absolutely wonderful in duels or periodically in BGs - however the amount of time I use the rune vs not use the rune is pretty steep. I'll get a lot more efficiency out of a set that's offensive than defensive, and automation is more offensive than Hundings.

My next question is what class are you using automaton on?I'm assuming a stamblade or stamplar?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Wwhide with Seventh

My next question is what class are you using automaton on?I'm assuming a stamblade or stamplar?

Yeap, stamplar, so all physical damage
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Wwhide with Seventh

The funny thing is you might as well go dragur over automaton since u get more sustain and better heals but only lose like less than 50 total set weapon damage.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone record and post @Lexxypwns pwning this guy?

Lol
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    * Wwhide with Seventh

The funny thing is you might as well go dragur over automaton since u get more sustain and better heals but only lose like less than 50 total set weapon damage.

Except (please correct me if I'm wrong) bow light attacks (and maybe weapon tree abilities?) scale better to weapon damage than max resources. And it's a difference of 500 +wpn crit

5800 Stam vs 530 weapon DMG + 1100 Stam (rounding for all) + wpn crit, so automaton will provide a significantly higher tooltip (at least 1k DMG I think)

Edit: it may be significant based on scaling

Edit again:

Oh huge factor I just spaced... Duh, percentage based weapon damage modifiers! That 529 becomes +... 35% more ? Something like that, then there's the LA bow modifier passive.

So in total you're looking at a difference of 230 weapon damage
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 7, 2017 2:53AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and one last thing about duels and who's good or not.

@Lexxypwns got an ability nerfed, I mean if that doesn't say something then nothing does lmao.

I know @zParallaxz is good, I know @Lexxypwns is good, and I'm very happy to use both of them to improve myself! Muahhahahahahagahhaha snort
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched my redguard stamden to argonian.
    Works great for me together with medium armor since the argonian passives gives about the same values of health, resource management while blocking and + healing as the heavy passives.
    What I like with medium together with argonian is that I can get rid of 2h, get 5/5/2 on both bars, still be tanky and play it as kodis old dw/1hs build.
    Atm I'm running BS/Hundings/Bonepirate but might swap Pirate for Werewolf.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on November 9, 2017 2:59AM