The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

so... will now everyone change from HA to light and medium..?!?

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Considering how a player would have to play to benefit from Wrath, I'm not convinced that removing Wrath is a gear-changing nerf for many of us.

Regarding not having the snare removal from Shuffle, the player in 5 heavy could try Mist (if a vampire), or use Forward Momentum instead of Rally (2-hand skill), or Retreating Manuvers ( expensive to cast).

I primarily run a magblade in PVP and sometimes use 5 heavy, but I don't use it for Wrath, so I will continue to run either 5+ light or 5 heavy, depending on "stuff".

Magblade might be the only magicka class I would like to run in light armor and I am working on getting mats to craft what I need yet to convert mine over. Was still getting used to magblade and heavy provides a lower ceiling but a higher floor. Cant wait to see what it looks like with LA passives. I just hate keeping shields up other than using healing ward when needed.

You don't need harness or dampen on light armor mageblade

I know. That’s why I think mine will overtake my sorc as my most played magicka class.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Considering how a player would have to play to benefit from Wrath, I'm not convinced that removing Wrath is a gear-changing nerf for many of us.

Regarding not having the snare removal from Shuffle, the player in 5 heavy could try Mist (if a vampire), or use Forward Momentum instead of Rally (2-hand skill), or Retreating Manuvers ( expensive to cast).

I primarily run a magblade in PVP and sometimes use 5 heavy, but I don't use it for Wrath, so I will continue to run either 5+ light or 5 heavy, depending on "stuff".

Magblade might be the only magicka class I would like to run in light armor and I am working on getting mats to craft what I need yet to convert mine over. Was still getting used to magblade and heavy provides a lower ceiling but a higher floor. Cant wait to see what it looks like with LA passives. I just hate keeping shields up other than using healing ward when needed.

whuuut why?
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »

whuuut why?
    You have so many HOTs running you dont need it.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k
    Rune focus 8% damage reduction
    Pirate skeleton 30% damage reduction

Thats my medium build fully buffed with potion and enchant proc, no continuos attack passive.

Definately ready for clockwork city
    Edited by mikey_reach on October 20, 2017 4:41PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I've learned to hate NBs... Not really, just the good ones are really good.

I'm always like, "watch for arrow... Watch for the arrow... SOB it got me!"
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I've learned to hate NBs... Not really, just the good ones are really good.

I'm always like, "watch for arrow... Watch for the arrow... SOB it got me!"

Your life’s going to be harder there
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried out @Lexxypwns medium build in cyrodiil on my warden. Cowards gear is such a great set. I have a feeling it will become a staple set in the same way riposte/trans is for LA users that want more defense. The buils is a beast.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on November 1, 2017 6:40PM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will I be abandoning heavy... no...

Dam that was an easy one B)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried out @Lexxypwns medium build in cyrodiil on my warden. Cowards gear is such a great set. I have a feeling it will become a staple set in the same way riposte/trans is for LA users that want more defense. The buils is a beast.

I used it as a stamplar. Its fun to run around in but now I am running magplar again. 5 LA 3 heavy and I have 26 physical resist and 30k spell resist when Bloodspawn is procced. About to give this setup a try.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I used it as a stamplar. Its fun to run around in but now I am running magplar again. 5 LA 3 heavy and I have 26 physical resist and 30k spell resist when Bloodspawn is procced. About to give this setup a try.

For magplar, if you can make up the missing health stats, ghastly drink will give you the max mag and sustain missing from running cowards on jewels/backbar. The Stam stats+1pc health stat from cowards work for LA magplars; you'll be at 13k stamina, despite the sets intended boost to non-mag stats.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

For magplar, if you can make up the missing health stats, ghastly drink will give you the max mag and sustain missing from running cowards on jewels/backbar. The Stam stats+1pc health stat from cowards work for LA magplars; you'll be at 13k stamina, despite the sets intended boost to non-mag stats.

I'd just be worried about getting a decent HTD heal. Right now; I am running war maidens and shacklebreaker. I don't think shacklebreaker would be enough on its own for damage set and war maiden doesn't do that much for healing Im assuming I would need to run Julianos with Cowards for a defensive set?
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming 5 pc in the tree.
    Light armor-
    20% Regen
    10%Cost reduction
    Spell resistance
    Crit- 2.1k with 5 pc
    Penetration

Great damage perks vs anything without a shield, worthless against. They also do not effect healing.

Medium-
    Crit- 1.6k so slightly less
    20% Regen
    10% cost reduction
    20% Sneak cost reduction-ok it's bad
    15% detectable radius reduction- ok its bad
    12%weapon damage
    15% faster while sprinting
    20% roll dodge cost reduction- base is 3.6k cost

Mediums damage passives effect shields and healing, however do not provide as much raw damage vs a target. Good trade off imo. They need the healing. The main issue with medium imo is zos making everything undodgable.

New Heavy-
    1.8k physical and spell resistance
    20%heath recovery- useless on most builds
    540 Stamina and magicka given when hit every 4 seconds. Essentially 135 stam and mag regen conditionally. Great for off pool regen, awful for main pool.
    10%max health
    8% healing recieved
    25%more resource return on heavy attacks.

Yes they make you able to take more damage. But 1.8k resistance, average 2.5k hp if they're building for damage, and 8% extra healing(hard countered by defile), hardly make anyone unkillable. BLOCKING does.

FIX BLOCKING FORMULA SO IT EFFECTS AND FIXES PERMABLOCKING AND DOESNT IMPACT EVERY OTHER BUILD BUT THE ONE YOU ARE TRYING TO IMPACT!!!!

Stop making everything undodgable. It's a whole armor types defense.

I still love medium armor.

STOP YELLING PLZ. THEY WILL NERF INCAP IT'S OP WITH A COST OF 70, NERF SOUL ASSAULT, NERF POISONS, and NERF PERMA-STEALTH BUILDS WHICH WELL HELP THE BALANCE!!

THEY NERFED EVERY DEFENSIVE ULT IN PVP, IT'S TIME FIX THIS ZOS!!

I never seen a DK bomb a whole group.

btw, I am not yelling I just used caps, lol :smiley:
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on November 1, 2017 7:36PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd just be worried about getting a decent HTD heal. Right now; I am running war maidens and shacklebreaker. I don't think shacklebreaker would be enough on its own for damage set and war maiden doesn't do that much for healing Im assuming I would need to run Julianos with Cowards for a defensive set?

Cowards doesn't help much if pressured. It's really only to kite, and take less DMG as you do so. Julianos wouldn't be too bad, since the crit+DMG would give you extra burst+healing.

If you can pair a sustain set with cowards you can roll swords+DMG enchants + DMG mundas to get around 3k SD which gives me a tooltip of 10k BoL. Maybe cowards front bar (jewels+swords) 2pc monster, 5pc lich? Then use the food +armor enchants to make up any lost stats?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    oh wait, you mean people used heavy armor?

• DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    Is there such a thing as a medium build with good brawler capabilities? Something less run and gun and more stand and fight?
    Is there such a thing as a medium build with good brawler capabilities? Something less run and gun and more stand and fight?

I'm running 5m/2h w/ s&b and 2handed. With the right monster set (troll king/blood spawn) a ravager 5pc and stam recovery set you can put together a nice brawler style for a stamplar. Crit rush + jabs for that quick attack and s&b debuffs or shield charge for that tankiness. High damage and crits are also good for healing. This is why I'm sticking w/ medium.

Having said all of that: ZOS is obviously paying attention to the HA balance and and if these wrath and armor ability changes don't fix it they will do more... just very slowly.

• zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol med needs a small buff like increase max stam by 4 or 5%. La and heavy are fine where they are.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

Thats my medium build fully buffed with potion and enchant proc, no continuos attack passive.

Rethink your build, I could theory craft something with higher stam and recovery without much effort.

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

Med builds should have at least 2.3k regen unbuffed and 35k stam as a base with at least 2.8 weapon damage unbuffed if u don’t rethink your build.
    La builds should have at least 38k max mag and 2.1 spell damage unbuffed as a base if u don’t rethink your build.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

Rethink your build, I could theory craft something with higher stam and recovery without much effort.

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

Med builds should have at least 2.3k regen unbuffed and 35k stam as a base with at least 2.8 weapon damage unbuffed if u don’t rethink your build.
    La builds should have at least 38k max mag and 2.1 spell damage unbuffed as a base if u don’t rethink your build.

@zParallaxz I sit at 3.1k wpn DMG unbuffed and 2k Regen unbuffed, would it be advisable to trade some DMG for Regen?

I'm fairly new to Stam builds and have been finding great advice
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

Those minimums are really high and don't tell a full picture. I expect a shield based LA user to roll a minimum 38k max mag for boosting their shield but LA users that go with block/armor don't need that much max mag. This is because they have to give up some resources to achieve their minimum of 18k resists or need more stamina+stamina recovery to use S+B block.

Same goes for MA. It looks like that person's build is giving up recovery+max Stam bonuses and burst monster helms to get major protection+major resists. In fact, he's got 4.1k WD, 0.2 regen and only 1k less Stam than your minimum numbers tells me he found a good sacrifice and he probably survives longer despite the loss of proc burst.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

@zParallaxz I sit at 3.1k wpn DMG unbuffed and 2k Regen unbuffed, would it be advisable to trade some DMG for Regen?

What’s your max stam at?
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

Those minimums are really high and don't tell a full picture. I expect a shield based LA user to roll a minimum 38k max mag for boosting their shield but LA users that go with block/armor don't need that much max mag. This is because they have to give up some resources to achieve their minimum of 18k resists or need more stamina+stamina recovery to use S+B block.

Same goes for MA. It looks like that person's build is giving up recovery+max Stam bonuses and burst monster helms to get major protection+major resists. In fact, he's got 4.1k WD, 0.2 regen and only 1k less Stam than your minimum numbers tells me he found a good sacrifice and he probably survives longer despite the loss of proc burst.
    He would survive longer but the info I just shared is the very bare minimum, since he has lower recovery than 2.3 with low max stam, that build won’t sustain very long at all. These bare minimum regens only apply to classes other than dk and stam sorc who have ways of getting stam back ( a little less of stam dk due to igneous nerf)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

What’s your max stam at?

@zParallaxz only first undaunted mettle is leveled so it's at 36.5k (Argonian)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

What’s your max stam at?

@zParallaxz only first undaunted mettle is leveled so it's at 36.5k (Argonian)

TBH u shouldn’t run argonian on anything but stam dk or maybe magblade
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually I didn't care so much about the wrath change as the shuffle restriction, switched to at least 5 med to get shuffle back as heavy armor just feels so slow and clunky now.

figured out the build and working much better now ^_^

have no intention of going back to heavy on anything really until its worth a crap again.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

don't listen to this tool, create your stam build how you prefer to play I personally cant get used to S+B as my main bar on stamplar, I rarely ever use block so for me the loss of wpn damage(switching from DW) isn't worth it.

when I first started stamplar I thought like this guy that you needed at least 2kish regen

I have since evolved :wink:
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

don't listen to this tool, create your stam build how you prefer to play I personally cant get used to S+B as my main bar on stamplar, I rarely ever use block so for me the loss of wpn damage(switching from DW) isn't worth it.

when I first started stamplar I thought like this guy that you needed at least 2kish regen

Don’t let the blind lead the blind lol. I prob would merk u 1v1.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

lol ok buddy there's a reason most stamplars are running lower regen and higher damage, but you're such an expert of course you know better. silly me
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy seems to do pretty good and pretty sure he said about 2k regen including potions and buffs.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/377771/rated-stampla-r#latest
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

lol ok buddy there's a reason most stamplars are running lower regen and higher damage, but you're such an expert of course you know better. silly me
    His build only works in group play or against average to below a average players. Ask any competent pvper is 31k max stam and 1600 regen with stam poisons and pots sustainable.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5m 2h stamplar build

Hp 24k
    Magicka 10k
    Stam 34k
    Stam rec 2.1k
    Wep damage 4.7
    Wep crit 43%
    Phys pen 10.9k
    Spell resist 23.7k
    Phys resist 22.2k
    Crit resist 2.5k

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE:

His build only works in group play or against average to below a average players. Ask any competent pvper is 31k max stam and 1600 regen with stam poisons and pots sustainable.

My stam characters run 2 cost reduction and 1 weapon damage. 1600 is fine for me, it's actually how much my surprise attack costs. Stamina skills cost less, making a cost reduction incredibly effective. Heavy attack weaving, and not needing to spam vigor bc of troll king and I'm fine to run shackle and any damage set.

Not everyone runs a redguard, sure you don't get the best max stam and recovery, but its not game breaking.