The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.1

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4 crystals for the 7 day, did someone mix up their factors table? Luckily DC doesn't cap as often when I play because I've already started moving characters into Vivec.

Also, can we raise the cap to 250 atleast, or just do away with it? I'm just going to be stockpiling geodes in my inventory each month otherwise.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    BALANCE PATCHES EVERY TWO WEEKS (has always been this way and they announced it this time for next week), STOP SPAMMING DISAPPOINTED POSTS CONCERNING CLASS BALANCE. People, read the full patch notes before commenting...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Transmutation Geodes will no longer stack, which was causing an issue where using multiple Transmutation Geodes in quick succession would cause you not to get any Transmute Crystals.
    Please make these stack or else increase storage. Since geodes are going ot be dropping in all kinds of content, some with only a single crystal, unstackable geodes is going to be an inventory nightmare.
    Or, just open them as soon as you get them, and then they don't need to stack.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing special, waiting for the class balance section next week.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Talrol
    Talrol
    ✭✭✭
    Still no fix for Wardens Maturation? Or did I miss something?
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now I am super confused what gives transmutation crystals, what gives transmutation geodes, when the drop is guaranteed, when occasional, etc... This system needs a rework to simplify things. Like: 1 crystal per normal, 1 geode (1-10) per veteran or something similar.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Transmutation Geodes will no longer stack, which was causing an issue where using multiple Transmutation Geodes in quick succession would cause you not to get any Transmute Crystals.
    Please make these stack or else increase storage. Since geodes are going ot be dropping in all kinds of content, some with only a single crystal, unstackable geodes is going to be an inventory nightmare.

Except you can only store 200 crystals (400 now with ESO+). So once you hit that cap your options are to keep geodes in inventory, open them and lose the crystals, or just find gear to retrait all the time. I don't check to see if they had any token vendor value.

At first everyone will be "omg so hard to get crystals!" but in less than a year it'll be like mercenary motif pages, "omg more junk I can't use."
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    I know, you will say now "4 690cp wil group up and farm normals", in my opinion nah. For my maxed out DD it will take more time to search for 3 more players than to go and harvest normal dungeon. And in any case I don't see anything bad in them grouping up.

Anyway it's a good idea to pull high cp players into farming normals showing new players how to play. Approved.

I doubt it will turn out that way. If I need to farm a normal dungeon, I just solo it or maybe bring a friend for things like Direfrost which have problematic solo mechanics.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad they upped the required crystals. Transmutation should be used when truly needed, almost as a blessing and not as a default crafting opportunity.

By all means it should be something as a bonus you periodically get. Acquiring the desired trait should still be the priority.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Until you have 200... which is good for.. 4 trait changes.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • Nightblade
    • Assassination
    Relentless Focus (Grim Focus morph):...

(Omg theyre going to listen and reduce the cost to 4 light attacks :open_mouth:)

...Fixed an issue where this morph could not be cast while silenced.

:(
    Edited by mb10 on September 25, 2017 7:14PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

regarding these two points in the dev comments

We made a number of changes in this patch to make the sourcing more inclusive for a wider level range of players.

We are still working on the sourcing and acquisition rates of Transmute Crystals; the changes in this patch are only a start. We will continue to tune things over the next few PTS patches, so please continue to test and provide constructive feedback.

i think the changes you have started here are a good move in the right direction.

But i will reiterate my suggestion that you strongly consider adding the main zone major questlines, DLC/Chapter zone equivalents and the main story completion also in your mix for crystal drops.

Since that content is core to the game, requires a long investment in time and play and is one of the primary sources for BoE gear that can be transmuted, that content should also provide crystals to fuel the transmute system

My suggestion is to use the old "caldwell silver gold zone check-off lists (not retroactively) so that when you play thru the main quests for each zone and finish off all in that chain you earn 1 crystal for the finale. that means one crystal per zone plus the main story line death of molag whats-his-name.

This adds up to maybe low 20s in crystals for a character playing thru it all - long playtime thru older content (the silver and gold particularly) that many may not be doing as much anymore.

This pace would not be anything as quick as what can be gained from the various dungeoans and such but would at least get the feet in the door for those running your main quests going forward.

Thanks again.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well... That was more disappointing than the September crown store showcase.

Can Grim Focus recast now? Is anyone going to fix that overpowered staff, what about vMA stats?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Hollery wrote: »

Can Grim Focus recast now? Is anyone going to fix that overpowered staff, what about vMA stats?

BALANCE EVERY TWO PTS PATCHES. Period.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Hollery wrote: »

BALANCE EVERY TWO PTS PATCHES. Period.

In caps too. Period. Exclamation point!
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're all being incredibly unrealistic thinking that the developers would come into an update with some new ideas for the Alliance War and game balance. We just have to wait to be disappointed next week, and then 2 weeks later, and live with that disappointment for the next few months.
  • Hibiki54
    Hibiki54
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone break down the EXACT method of obtaining Transmutation Crystals? It is not 100% clear, with the exception of Rewards for the Worthy.
    @Hibiki54
    PC/NA
    Hibiki the White Mage - Altmer|Templar Healer (main)
    Hibiki the Warrior - Imperial|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Red Mage - Redguard|Stamina Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Black Mage - Altmer|Magicka Pet Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Summoner - Breton|Warden Tank
    Hibiki the Thief - Bosmer|Stamina Nightblade PvP
    Hibiki the Knight - Nord|Stamina Templar DD
    Hibiki the Dragoon - Reguard|Stamina Dragonknight DD
    Hibiki the Onion Knight - Dunmer|Sorceress Tank
    Hibiki the Holy Knight - Altmer|Magicka Templar DD
    Hibiki the Geomancer - Altmer|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Ninja - Imperial|Nightblade Tank
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    • Nightblade
    • Assassination
    Relentless Focus (Grim Focus morph):...

(Omg theyre going to listen and reduce the cost to 4 light attacks :open_mouth:)

...Fixed an issue where this morph could not be cast while silenced.

:(

This was my same reaction *heartstop*

*disappointment*
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on September 25, 2017 8:07PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hibiki54 wrote: »
    Can someone break down the EXACT method of obtaining Transmutation Crystals? It is not 100% clear, with the exception of Rewards for the Worthy.

@Hibiki54 Between last weeks posts and this weeks patch notes, this is what I've worked out (didn't list PvP sources). I haven't had folks online when I'm on PTS to confirm though, so anything I'm not sure on has a (?)

Normal dungeon = chance of geode (1-10)
    Veteran dungeon = higher chance of geode (1-10)
    Veteran pledge = Guaranteed crystal or geode(? though I'm pretty sure it's a geode)
    Weekly Trial Container (normal or vet) = Guaranteed Geode or Crystal(?)
    vDSA = Guaranteed 1 crystal
    vMA = Guaranteed 1 crystal
    Leaderboards (trials, vMA, vDSA) = (Guaranteed?) crystal or geode (?)
    1st of the day Random Dungeon via Group Finder (normal or vet) = Guaranteed 1 geode
    Subsequent Random Dungeon via Group Finder (normal or vet) = chance of geode (?)
    Edited by MissBizz on September 25, 2017 8:35PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the quantity of crystals you receive not affected by performance on the 30 day campaign e.g. Top 2%?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Solar Barrage cast time is uninterruptible, why have a cast time in the first place?
    Edited by Joy_Division on September 25, 2017 9:04PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Solar Barrage cast time is uninterruptible, why have a cast time in the first place?

Because it's Templars and Templars get cast times. It's been determined that it's a fun and interesting mechanic.
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Observation be available as a limited time special, or will it be a perminant availability house?
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    30-Day campaign Leaderboards now grant 40 Transmute Crystals each, and 7-Day campaign Leaderboards now grant 4 Transmute Crystals each.

Does anyone at ZOS care to explain why players on 30 day campaigns are going to get 2.5x the amount of crystals as those on 7 day campaigns in relation to time invested?
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds needs to remain no-cp. This may not be the way devs see it, but take it from the many experienced players who have given feedback already and actually understand what it'll become if Cp gets added: BGS NEEDS TO REMAIN NO-CP.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Because it's Templars and Templars get cast times. It's been determined that it's a fun and interesting mechanic.

this made me lol
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited to see the class balance changes in the next set of notes... Make Magblades great again! And give me a reason to finish leveling a MagWarden.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Something that feels VERY weird though...
    You will now receive a Transmute Crystal for completing Dragonstar Arena on Veteran mode, just as you would for completing Maelstrom Arena.

VS
    Unidentified Transmutation Geodes will now occasionally drop from the final bosses of all Normal and Veteran Dungeons, rather than the Transmute Crystals dropping directly.

vMA or vDSA = 1 crystal. Normal dungeon = 1-10

[Edit] I realize it's only a chance for a geode. But do you know how many normal dungeons you can run in the timeframe that an average player can run vMA or vDSA?

I don't think this is bad. Actually I really hope it will really be like that. It will draw high cp players into normal dungeons merging the community. As every lowbie out there I really enjoyed having one or more high cp players in our team.

I know, you will say now "4 690cp wil group up and farm normals", in my opinion nah. For my maxed out DD it will take more time to search for 3 more players than to go and harvest normal dungeon. And in any case I don't see anything bad in them grouping up.

Anyway it's a good idea to pull high cp players into farming normals showing new players how to play. Approved.

I would never want new players to "learn how to play" by seeing me farming in a normal dungeon...
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where are the alliance war fixes...?
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Marbruk: Eralgor no longer walks up onto walls in his sweeping fervor. Tone it down, man. You're at an 11. We need you at a 6.

This "Eralgor" line item was pure comedic genius... <3
    Edited by R_K on September 25, 2017 10:22PM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Where are the alliance war fixes...?

The Alliance war is over!

Go home, nothing to see here anymore...
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.