The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.1

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus

I'm more curious how many will get this one:
    ...balance changes aren’t in this patch as we’re still in the process of collecting and considering feedback...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuxo wrote: »
    No update on templar's eclipse? Do you need more feedback? Is the feedback going to change anything?

It's possible they needed a week to go through the fixes. Some of the threads are complex and might have taken the entire week to read with only enough time to do a quick solar barrage change.

I would be surprised if they didn't address total dark/unstable core feedback at all.
    Edited by Minno on September 25, 2017 4:33PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 still isn't bad.

A question, though - are the transmute crystals from Trials in the coffers, or in addition to the coffers? You only get the coffers once a week, but you can run the quest as many times as you want, so basically I guess what I'm asking is if it's one crystal a week, or one per completion.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please add geodes drops to MSA.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Something that feels VERY weird though...
    You will now receive a Transmute Crystal for completing Dragonstar Arena on Veteran mode, just as you would for completing Maelstrom Arena.

VS
    Unidentified Transmutation Geodes will now occasionally drop from the final bosses of all Normal and Veteran Dungeons, rather than the Transmute Crystals dropping directly.

vMA or vDSA = 1 crystal. Normal dungeon = 1-10

[Edit] I realize it's only a chance for a geode. But do you know how many normal dungeons you can run in the timeframe that an average player can run vMA or vDSA?

SO much this!!!^^^

The time and effort involved in vMA or vDSA is far and above that of a regular vet dungeon, yet a vet dungeon can give you 10 times more crystals in less that a quarter of the time.

You should get more crystals for activities that are harder and/or take more time to achieve.

vMA/vDSA need to be re-classified as higher up the chain than a standard vet dungeon. Would suggest 7 for vMA as you can do it solo, and 10 for vDSA as this is usually a bit longer and involves a group.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Increased the cost of Transmutation from 40 to 50 Crystals.
    HAHAHA! OMG this is going to be the subject of the week for sure.

Well it's bit strange that the goal was to add additional sources of crystals to make transmutation easier and less time consuming, then next adding to the cost of a transmutation, which makes things more time consuming...

What's that proverb about one hand not knowing what the other is holding?
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1506356994729.jpg

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    sigh....

I react like this every time I see posts like yours. Say something constructive or don't post at all. I for one am glad with the changes in this patch and I think they are doing a great job.

So general attaboys are preferable? Which change was most exciting here? Furnishings, homes, or Transmutation?
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...balance changes aren’t in this patch as we’re still in the process of collecting and considering feedback. ...

Patience. Patience never dies.
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something needs to be done about heavy armor sustain.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

-_-

Fricken No.

The increase in drop rates is good, but you are canceling it out by increasing the part that people find abhorrent. BRING THE COST DOWN not up. (see, I was going to make an inception joke about the geodes within geodes, but then I read this and it ruined the joke.. and my day... and my faith is ZoS)
  • Supportic
    Supportic
    ✭✭
    I like the changes, good work Zos. :)
    The templates are great now.
    One thing: could you reduce the crown costs for housing items to 1 crown please? I need to wait at least 2 days until I have all mundus stones in my house to test stuff and I could also take a look on the new housing items. :)
    World 2nd Tick-Tock Tormentor ☑
    Immortal Redeemer ☑
    Gryphon Heart ☑
    HARDwithSTYLE
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone at ZOS please explain why there's even a crystal cap in the first place?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Could someone at ZOS please explain why there's even a crystal cap in the first place?

Because they don’t want you to have BIS at all once
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    You will now receive a Transmute Crystal for completing Dragonstar Arena on Veteran mode, just as you would for completing Maelstrom Arena.

VS
    Unidentified Transmutation Geodes will now occasionally drop from the final bosses of all Normal and Veteran Dungeons, rather than the Transmute Crystals dropping directly.

[Edit] I realize it's only a chance for a geode. But do you know how many normal dungeons you can run in the timeframe that an average player can run vMA or vDSA?

SO much this!!!^^^

The time and effort involved in vMA or vDSA is far and above that of a regular vet dungeon, yet a vet dungeon can give you 10 times more crystals in less that a quarter of the time.

You should get more crystals for activities that are harder and/or take more time to achieve.

vMA/vDSA need to be re-classified as higher up the chain than a standard vet dungeon. Would suggest 7 for vMA as you can do it solo, and 10 for vDSA as this is usually a bit longer and involves a group.

Agreed @Flaminir .

Honestly, I think all around the veteran sources should be higher than their normal counterparts. Right now it's just a plain dungeon where vet increases your chances...

But why do a random vet when a random normal gives the same geode?

I think it would make sense to have a "normal" geode (1-5) and a "vet" geode (2-10) or something... So that there is an advantage to completing the veteran content over normal.
    Edited by MissBizz on September 25, 2017 4:51PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't even get the 2-3 Alliance War sentences I was hoping for. Was there a mix-up with the notes and that section is coming? No? Everything's good there? Great.

Would it help if we started calling Cyrodiil a "dungeon" when we discuss problems in there?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing for medium armor....not surprised.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no Coldharbour Surreal Estate =(
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

VS

I don't think this is bad. Actually I really hope it will really be like that. It will draw high cp players into normal dungeons merging the community. As every lowbie out there I really enjoyed having one or more high cp players in our team.

I know, you will say now "4 690cp wil group up and farm normals", in my opinion nah. For my maxed out DD it will take more time to search for 3 more players than to go and harvest normal dungeon. And in any case I don't see anything bad in them grouping up.

Anyway it's a good idea to pull high cp players into farming normals showing new players how to play. Approved.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »

VS

I don't think this is bad. Actually I really hope it will really be like that. It will draw high cp players into normal dungeons merging the community. As every lowbie out there I really enjoyed having one or more high cp players in our team.

I know, you will say now "4 690cp wil group up and farm normals", in my opinion nah. For my maxed out DD it will take more time to search for 3 more players than to go and harvest normal dungeon. And in any case I don't see anything bad in them grouping up.

Anyway it's a good idea to pull high cp players into farming normals showing new players how to play. Approved.

I'm not sure about that. Currently high CP players are farming normal for gear anyways... since normal is faster. Once you have your jewelry it makes no sense to keep running vet.

Let's say this does add more vets to running normal though. Since more vets are doing it... it will be easier to find a group of vets to do it. Since more people are doing it, it should take considerably less time to find 3 others. I actually don't think it takes much time right now to find 3 vets for farming normal. The time it takes is honestly probably less time than the extra time it could take you running with 3 random players. ..so you're better off spending that bit of time finding friends.

If you're going for efficiency of course.
    Edited by MissBizz on September 25, 2017 5:41PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well that was disappointing...

Now we need 50 transmute crystals and the drop rates remain hazy... who am I kidding, even at five per dungeon I would still be looking at a year for one gear set, sorry but I just don't have spare time of that magnitude :|

Warden magic dps still at the bottom of the pile by a large margin, good job there aren't class change options or the little buggers would be extinct, I love the charecter I created for mine but game wise she hits with all the force of a soggy cheese sandwich :/

Aaaaaannnndd still no oven for housing, for crying spout loud that's the blasted basics!!! :s
    Edited by Integral1900 on September 25, 2017 5:44PM
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭

Now we need 50 transmute crystals and the drop rates remain hazy... who am I kidding, even at five per dungeon I would still be looking at a year for one gear set, sorry but I just don't have spare time of that magnitude :|

Warden magic dps still at the bottom of the pile by a large margin, good job there aren't class change options or the little buggers would be extinct, I love mine but she hits with all the force of a soggy cheese sandwich :/

Aaaaaannnndd still no oven for housing, for crying spout loud that's the blasted basics!!! :s

If it takes you a year to run 10 dungeons, not sure how much use you're going to get out of a trait change
    Edited by theamazingx on September 25, 2017 5:44PM
  • Ciphex
    Ciphex
    Soul Shriven
    Still no warden changes? The lack of importance of ice damage and weakness of its class dots make it unviable as dps in trials while shalks and cliff racers are severely overperforming in cyrodiil; ZOS please address
  • jeskah
    jeskah
    ✭✭✭
    When will we see something exciting? Something bold? Something, well... new?

• theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    jeskah wrote: »

Balance patch allegedly coming next week, if that's what you mean. Unless you're expecting a massive rework bigger than trait changes in a quarterly DLC.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeskah wrote: »

Balance patch allegedly coming next week, if that's what you mean. Unless you're expecting a massive rework bigger than trait changes in a quarterly DLC.

I didn't realize changing an armor trait was massive. I thought it was just something nice to have. Stable game play must fall under the massive category.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    1506356994729.jpg

I think thats a Grey Shrike.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any update on whether or not the Bug from Befoul increasing self inflicted defile from pirate skeleton being addressed this patch?

You fixed the part of the bug that increased healing received buffs, but did not address the second half of the bug.

Please don't let this continue for another year, because it took an entire year for the first half of the bug to be addressed....
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Warden magic dps still at the bottom of the pile by a large margin, good job there aren't class change options or the little buggers would be extinct, I love mine but she hits with all the force of a soggy cheese sandwich :/

If it takes you a year to run 10 dungeons, not sure how much use you're going to get out of a trait change

My good sir, if you think for one micro second that ten dungeons will give you all you need to re tune a full gear set then you may be in for a rather substantial disappointment :D

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    1506356994729.jpg

I think thats a Grey Shrike.

You beet me to it! Oh well, here goes...

"An African or a European swallow!?"

"I don't know that!"

Wwaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh