The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Would you like Perfect Asylum weapons to drop from Veteran difficulty, rather than only Veteran HM?

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect Asylum weapons should drop from Veteran non-HM
    Derra wrote: »
    You really think that you could beat vMAW HM with any team as long as it was the same 12 ppl? How long would you estimate that that would take? Cause we were to talk the average player, then I would say years. I know of guilds, trial guilds, that have the same people and raid with each other every week that have trouble doing regular vet Craglorn Trials. But so you are saying that it will be easy for them to do vMAW HM?

As well you are talking about time again, and how its not all that hard as long as you have the people. You say you have 30-60min game time at a time max, well grats, the mini trial, the asylum, has a speed run time of 15min. You say that PvE Content is not difficult. Preform before hand and jump in, its so easy you will get it done in 15min first time I'm sure, cause, you know, its not difficult.

I play in a bubble. I fully admit that.
    I´ve only ever pvped with well above average players and i´ve only ever pved with well above average players.
    Given my peers in the game and in every other game i´ve played or the guild i´ve been in for 15 years now - given i get a group of those players they could beat the content.
    I´ve never said average players i mentioned above average button pressing abilities.

I actually have no idea how good or bad the average player in pve is.

I also said i have no specific schedule which does not allow me to preform anything. Can´t preform if you don´t know when you can play eh.
    But i´m sure you´re being intentionally misunderstanding my points because you´re actually afraid that someone is going to take away your new "shiny" that you can aquire through having massive amounts of time to invest in "challenging" pve content.

At this point in the thread I don't really care all that much on your views on the Asylum weapons, but you are however disrespecting the effort a lot of people put into PvE Content. You are claiming that there is no challenge in it, and the only difficulty is finding people. Which is not true, there are, as I've said, many guilds that spend countless hours together trying to be some of the harder content. They have same or almost the same group every week, yet still they can't beat it, cause, ITS CHALLENGING. And so you claim its easy, so doing vet Olms+2 should be no difficulty. But you also claim you don't have the time to put it, so make it easier for you to get the weapons you already claim was easy to obtain, cause you said PvE Content is not challenging. But since you can't put in the time, it needs to be easier still so that you can get it.

I´ve never claimed the weapon was easy to obtain. I´ve just said it´s not related to the contents difficulty (personal opinion) why it´s not easy to obtain. It´s perfectly outlined why it is NOT easy to obtain imo here:

PvE requires a lot more commitment than PvP.

To beat a HM trial, you typically need to practice with a group of 11 other players regularly for a few weeks. Just organzing something like that takes a ton of effort. It also requires that you find 11 other players with minimal IRL commitments (a young family, demanding work like consulting, graduate school, etc. are all impediments to being able to do this).

Getting good at PvP is a lot simpler as you can do it on your own time.

I'm saying this as someone who has thousands of hours played in PvP games (FPS and MOBAs). It's a lot harder to become good at PvE endgame than it is PvP simply due to the time commitment required. You can get good at PvP games on your own schedule. You can play a few hours a week, whenever you get a chance, and still reach a very high skill level. You can't do that in PvE.

Notice how basically nothing stated is directly related to the contents difficulty.

Actually i gave 3 options.
    I´d like the weapons to be easier to obtain
    Or make them completely irrelevant in pvp (what do you dislike about that proposal?)
    Or make them obtainable via pvp (content where they´re relevant for - but getting top 2% is not easier on 30 campaign)

I personally prefer option 2. I don´t want raid gear to be relevant in pvp at all.

You´re getting supertriggered because someone has a different feeling about what you consider an achievement in the game.
    If i´d get as pissed every time someone told me pvping was no challenge - oh boy :wink:
    But then we don´t have bis pve weapons locked behind pvp content so we´d never get into the situation of switching roles in this argument.

So would you mind answering me this question:
    Why do you think should bis pvp gear be aquired in the games most incaccessible form of pve content?
    Is there a logical argument to support that?

Content difficulty is irrelevant. Accessibility is the issue. PvE content is more difficult to complete due to time requirements.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you said. You seem triggered for no reason.

I only quoted you to support 100% of what you said - not triggered by anything.

I agree that accessibility is the issues with 12 man content.
    Wether saying that makes it difficult or not is in the end irrelevant.

That most people can´t even fit it into their schedule of playing or don´t want to is a (subjective) fact.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    You really think that you could beat vMAW HM with any team as long as it was the same 12 ppl? How long would you estimate that that would take? Cause we were to talk the average player, then I would say years. I know of guilds, trial guilds, that have the same people and raid with each other every week that have trouble doing regular vet Craglorn Trials. But so you are saying that it will be easy for them to do vMAW HM?

As well you are talking about time again, and how its not all that hard as long as you have the people. You say you have 30-60min game time at a time max, well grats, the mini trial, the asylum, has a speed run time of 15min. You say that PvE Content is not difficult. Preform before hand and jump in, its so easy you will get it done in 15min first time I'm sure, cause, you know, its not difficult.

I´ve only ever pvped with well above average players and i´ve only ever pved with well above average players.
    Given my peers in the game and in every other game i´ve played or the guild i´ve been in for 15 years now - given i get a group of those players they could beat the content.
    I´ve never said average players i mentioned above average button pressing abilities.

I also said i have no specific schedule which does not allow me to preform anything. Can´t preform if you don´t know when you can play eh.
    But i´m sure you´re being intentionally misunderstanding my points because you´re actually afraid that someone is going to take away your new "shiny" that you can aquire through having massive amounts of time to invest in "challenging" pve content.

At this point in the thread I don't really care all that much on your views on the Asylum weapons, but you are however disrespecting the effort a lot of people put into PvE Content. You are claiming that there is no challenge in it, and the only difficulty is finding people. Which is not true, there are, as I've said, many guilds that spend countless hours together trying to be some of the harder content. They have same or almost the same group every week, yet still they can't beat it, cause, ITS CHALLENGING. And so you claim its easy, so doing vet Olms+2 should be no difficulty. But you also claim you don't have the time to put it, so make it easier for you to get the weapons you already claim was easy to obtain, cause you said PvE Content is not challenging. But since you can't put in the time, it needs to be easier still so that you can get it.

I´ve never claimed the weapon was easy to obtain. I´ve just said it´s not related to the contents difficulty (personal opinion) why it´s not easy to obtain. It´s perfectly outlined why it is NOT easy to obtain imo here:

To beat a HM trial, you typically need to practice with a group of 11 other players regularly for a few weeks. Just organzing something like that takes a ton of effort. It also requires that you find 11 other players with minimal IRL commitments (a young family, demanding work like consulting, graduate school, etc. are all impediments to being able to do this).

I'm saying this as someone who has thousands of hours played in PvP games (FPS and MOBAs). It's a lot harder to become good at PvE endgame than it is PvP simply due to the time commitment required. You can get good at PvP games on your own schedule. You can play a few hours a week, whenever you get a chance, and still reach a very high skill level. You can't do that in PvE.

Notice how basically nothing stated is directly related to the contents difficulty.

Or make them completely irrelevant in pvp (what do you dislike about that proposal?)
    Or make them obtainable via pvp (content where they´re relevant for - but getting top 2% is not easier on 30 campaign)

I personally prefer option 2. I don´t want raid gear to be relevant in pvp at all.

You´re getting supertriggered because someone has a different feeling about what you consider an achievement in the game.
    If i´d get as pissed every time someone told me pvping was no challenge - oh boy :wink:
    But then we don´t have bis pve weapons locked behind pvp content so we´d never get into the situation of switching roles in this argument.

Why do you think should bis pvp gear be aquired in the games most incaccessible form of pve content?

Content difficulty is irrelevant. Accessibility is the issue. PvE content is more difficult to complete due to time requirements.

Kinda ironic to talk about time requirments when end of campaign rewards are once a month. A month which you have to PVP almost every day otherwise you aint getting into top 2%.

Kind of ironic to note how much work that is saying "that's a lot of work" and to vote against lowering the work for anything else....

I voted its perfectly fine because i said with the exception of destro ult the rest of the imperfect weapons are not much inferior to the perfect weapons. So i guess its ok. That doesnt mean i consider it fine to have to farm HM for the perfect weapons. I consider it fine because with the exception of destro ult u dont have to farm the perfect weapons.
    If their difference was significant like destro ult u can bet ur *** that my answer wouldnt be "its perfectly fine"

And i agree with you 100% there.
    Only the destro staff has too much a difference between normal and perfected weapon.

If the cooldown of the destro staff would be lowered to 4.4s (10% difference still) - which is somewhat workable i´d shut right up aswell.

Seems we´re not having issues after all :tongue:

Though i still dislike the concept of bis weapons dropping from 12man pve.
    <Noricum>

• Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait. So is the chance to get an asylum weapon on normal non-hardmode 100%?

I might actually be able to get one!

And finally complete a trial!
    Edited by Vrienda on September 25, 2017 6:16AM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running veteran HM just for the weapons makes no sense. The gap is really small between perfect and normal weapons.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Running veteran HM just for the weapons makes no sense. The gap is really small between perfect and normal weapons.

It is not for the destro staff - which is kind of the issue here.
    <Noricum>

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

The difference is 1s cooldown. It's noticeable because your status uptime won't be 100%, but for a normal trial that's still a strong weapon.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra

The difference is 1s cooldown. It's noticeable because your status uptime won't be 100%, but for a normal trial that's still a strong weapon.

Still the relative difference for other weapons is between 6.7 and 10%.

For DW and Destro it´s 25% flat.
    That´s a huge difference that should be adressed imo - with 10% being a reasonable difference in power imo (meaning 4.4s dc on destro and 9s for DW)
    Edited by Derra on September 25, 2017 6:48AM
    <Noricum>

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    1) Defeating St. Olms by himself on Normal Difficulty will grant an Asylum weapon (Blue-quality)
    2) Defeating St. Olms alongside St. Llothis and St. Felms in the same battle on Normal difficulty will grant an Asylum weapon (Blue-quality)
    3) Defeating St. Olms by himself on Veteran Difficulty will grant an Asylum weapon (Purple-quality)
    4) Defeating St. Olms alongside St. Llothis and St. Felms in the same battle on Veteran difficulty will grant a Perfect Asylum weapon (Purple-quality , this is a Veteran HM completion)

Here's the problem I see with this...

Purple crafting materials cost feck all. What's the cost of converting a blue weapon to purple? 400 gold per Mastic/Grain Solvent x 4 =1600 gold. So that's nothing at all really.

Basically modes #1, #2 and #3 offer the exact same reward. Normal Easy mode offers the same reward as Normal Hard mode, the same as Veteran Easy mode. Which means that unless you have a hard-core PvE team (capable of doing Veteran Hard mode) there's no point even going into Veteran mode at all.

Do you want to farm a specific weapon but can't do Veteran Hard Mode? Just go and do Normal mode for the same reward as Veteran mode and spend far less time as well as money in pots, repair kits etc. So that's putting a lot of people off doing Veteran mode altogether. That's people that can do Veteran Mode, but they are not incentivised to do it more than once perhaps for the achievement.

In my opinion, ZOS should do the following:
    a) Nerf Asylum weapons a little bit further.
    b) Add Perfect Asylum weapons to the completion of Veteran Mode. If not for everyone at least for some of the players, maybe 3 or 4 in 12
    c) For Veteran Hard Mode, add the possibility of gold weapons in the drop. Again not many, maybe 1 or 2 weapons in 12.

That way there's an incentive to do Normal Mode for those that find Veteran too hard, they get an Asylum weapon at the end. But Veteran Mode has an even bigger incentive, a chance to drop Perfect Asylum, so people capable of doing Vet Mode will certainly try to farm that instead.

And of course there's still a massive incentive for hardened PvE pros to do Veteran Hard Mode, because they are guaranteed a Perfect Asylum drop and even have the chance of a gold weapon which is saving over 50k gold in material cost.

This way, everyone is appropriately incentivised.

Edited by Maulkin on September 25, 2017 2:43PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems good they way it is now.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The difference of perfected and non perfected asylum weapons as of now is just so small. Take the destro staff for example. Difference is ONE second. Player skill makes more difference than having a non perfected weapon instead of a perfected.
    I'd like to see a change in the way both types differantiate. Maybe give the perfected weapons a different enchant making them much more viable in pve, whil the non perfected can stay as is, since they will be much stronger in pvp than in pve. This way there would be a pve option and a pvp option.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SammyFable wrote: »
    The difference of perfected and non perfected asylum weapons as of now is just so small. Take the destro staff for example. Difference is ONE second. Player skill makes more difference than having a non perfected weapon instead of a perfected.
    I'd like to see a change in the way both types differantiate. Maybe give the perfected weapons a different enchant making them much more viable in pve, whil the non perfected can stay as is, since they will be much stronger in pvp than in pve. This way there would be a pve option and a pvp option.

Cool proposal actually!
    <Noricum>

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    DeHei wrote: »
    Izaki wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    From what I'm hearing, normal is very accessible, veteran is fairly difficult... and this is the hardest hard mode in the game and they might make it harder since people are getting close to completion on PTS.

The difference between imperfect and perfect isn't huge. People who can complete HM deserve a reward.

Imo up to 25% difference in potency is quite substential and should in no way be locked behind vetHM 12 man content. Those weapons might be bis in pvp for some builds. For this the content is way to inaccessible.

From a pvp perspective locking bis gear behind vet hardmode raid content is a nonono nope nopen not a chance i´ll spend a cent on that game at all anymore if this stays as is.

What would be the point of doing hard mode at all then?

Hardmode is for ambitioned guys without any are targets as ranking. Guys just few limited guys will be possible to do HM trials. Its fatal to give BiS weapons only as a reward, when 99,8% of the community dont have access to it. As result many guys will quit this game finally! Its more a kind of selfdestruct as a productive step!

Frankly, given the small difference between Imperfect and Perfect versions of the better weapons (aka the Staff and the 2H) I think that Normal Mode is waaaaay to simple for the weapons you get. Like literally the first 2 bosses aren't harder than a typical 4-man dungeon boss, with just a bit more health. Only the last boss is somewhat of a challenge and that's mostly due to the execute phase which, once figured out, is rather simple. The first normal run might take you 2 hours. The ones that follow will take about 30 minutes tops, which is shorter than both vMA and vDSA.

Now of course, this type of content must still be accessible, but given how simple most of this stuff is (even on vet its not too difficult for a PuG group with someone who knows how to explain mechanics) the Perfect weapons deserve to be given only on HM... Obviously, I understand your concerns, but really, Leaderboards aren't enough incentive to run this trial over others, unless its the weekly.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based off of the newest PTS patch notes, Vet Asylum just got harder, and Vet HM much harder. Js
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quit being a scrub and try completing harder content if u want the slightly better weapons.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    DPShiro wrote: »
    I don't know what the equivalent to hard/challenge is in PVP, if there even is one.
    But just getting AP by zerging and repairing walls is not challenging and should not reward these.

Not sure there is any real challenge in PVP like PVE has with Veteran HM Trials, maybe something like having a group of 12 people controlling all thingies in cyrodiil or something. But that will be boosted and exploited as well.

You need to understand that the biggest challenge to overcome for vet HM trials is getting 12 people together at the same time on multiple days a week who enjoy doing that content and are a little above average in their button pressing abilities.

There is nothing actually challenging in esos pve content apart from getting people who want to do it.
    i-smell-bs.jpg
    Are you claiming that Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj HM is not challenging? Are you claiming that Veteran Halls of Fabrication is not challenging?

Also have not you just claimed this entire time that one of the biggest problems you had with this reward system was that it was "Too hard for most guilds". I see PvP Guilds with multiple 24 man raid groups all the time, but yet you claim that they can't find 12 people do to a Trial that would grant them BiS Gear for PvP. Cause I mean what would be so hard, after all "There is nothing actually challenging in esos pve content apart from getting people who want to do it." So you should be able to do vet Asylum HM WITH EASE NOW RIGHT?! Cause its not "challenging", and its just hard getting people for it. But as said there are multiple PvP Guild with large raid groups and I bet they would love a chance to get this weapons.

Derra is right in that part, that trials just need training. When 12 guys could play like robots and could do exacly the same ever and ever again, so they would allways get nearly the same score ever and ever again. There are just few gamemechanics, which are lucky.
    But that is the challange. Its not possible, that 12 guys play like robots. When you now compare it with PvP, there you cant win again and again allways with same tactic and you need to play much more tactically. Every situation need from you to react right, but you cant train situations. You will allways have a fight just 1 time. I like to do both, but in PvE its nothing more then training in my eyes.

IF IT NEEDS TRAINING THEN IT MEANS IT REQUIRES A SKILL, WHY ELSE WOULD YOU NEED TO TRAIN?! If it was not "challenging" then why would you need to practice. Just cause it doesn't require the same skill as in PvP doesn't mean that PvE is still less. Reacting to mechanics, adjusting to situation as the same time you try to keep a rotation, or keep people healed through tons of AoEs, Keeping the boss positioned correctly while taking huge hits and trying to buff and debuff. Its not easy. If it was then get your raid guilds and go into vHoF and one shot HM. There is a skill to it or you wouldn't have to practice.

What i mean, PvE contents are much easier to learn! Nobody said, that its skillless... for sure not, but with enough practise you can nearly do every trial like you drive your car -> brain-afk. Just special moments need your attention after doing a trial 100th times or more...

This is true for 100%. I totally agree, but thats the point too. Some guys dont have this time to run trials, not cause of there commitment, a lot of them are very ambitioned like me. They just dont can go for trials, because they arent so flexible to grant for time every week for 2-3days for 4+hours... You need to train a trial for success with allways same people. When you dont have this, your training time to learn a trial is much longer...

And at that point, they implement BiS weapons only for this very few guys (remember there are less then 99% of the TESO community, who run trials with there group).
    Nobody else will have access to this. I really dont agree with that. They should give this few groups something like titles or auras, but nothing what is BiS for fighting...
    When they start this, there will only this guys will have access to all weapons there will come in other updates and more. This isnt the idiology i like and i will support!
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaggin wrote: »
    Quit being a scrub and try completing harder content if u want the slightly better weapons.

That's actually in favor of having Perfect weapons drop from Vet. You can get Asylum weapons from Normal so there's literal zero reason to run the harder content rn. Vet HM Asylum is out of the question for like 99.9% of the ppl playing this game
    Edited by Vaoh on September 26, 2017 12:48AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda ironic to talk about time requirments when end of campaign rewards are once a month. A month which you have to PVP almost every day otherwise you aint getting into top 2%.

Kind of ironic to note how much work that is saying "that's a lot of work" and to vote against lowering the work for anything else....

I voted its perfectly fine because i said with the exception of destro ult the rest of the imperfect weapons are not much inferior to the perfect weapons. So i guess its ok. That doesnt mean i consider it fine to have to farm HM for the perfect weapons. I consider it fine because with the exception of destro ult u dont have to farm the perfect weapons.
    If their difference was significant like destro ult u can bet ur *** that my answer wouldnt be "its perfectly fine"

What he said is basically that top 2% PVP leaderboards is less work than PVE due to time. Which is ironic considering that the end of campaign rewards are limited literally due to time and awarded only to those with the most free time.

Thank you for the clarification.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is why I will only do it once for the skin, as I'm not interested in the polymorph on my "purrty charactor"(intentional misspelling for emphasis) and the weapons are not worth the sweat and hand cramps.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems good they way it is now.

Agreed.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SammyFable wrote: »

I believe that's the point.
    The developers don't want an item deciding any possible competitive scenario. They want player skill to matter more.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 26, 2017 1:07AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is why I will only do it once for the skin, as I'm not interested in the polymorph on my "purrty charactor"(intentional misspelling for emphasis) and the weapons are not worth the sweat and hand cramps.

Ummm...... you will take back this statement....
    .... once you realize that those polymorphs are tradeable.

So many millions of gold to make per runebox, though the chances are very low of obtaining it even with that insanely difficult (still uncompleted) Vet HM fight. ZoS has increased the difficulty of Asylum Sanctorum this incremental PTS patch too. I still don't think that people are understanding just how crazy Vet Hm Asylum is. It makes the other Vet trial hard modes look easy.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 26, 2017 12:55AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Based off of the newest PTS patch notes, Vet Asylum just got harder, and Vet HM much harder. Js

As expected. They saw accessibility and decided to add more pain to make it less accessible and more of a grind. Welcome back ESO(Extreme Stress-injury Online).
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As expected. They saw accessibility and decided to add more pain to make it less accessible and more of a grind. Welcome back ESO(Extreme Stress-injury Online).

Honestly I'm okay with it. We finally have a definitive hardest fight in the game. I just don't like that the gear is locked behind it. There's already lots of great rewards for beating Vet HM but zero reward for beating regular Vet.

Just an odd system here. Normal and Vet should not give the same rewards.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 26, 2017 12:59AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaggin wrote: »

Oh, so I should quit having carpal-tunnel syndrome because that's so easy to do?
    FYI, yes I have had that from work before and do all I can to mitigate a recurrence lest I have the ONLY potential treatment done which involves cutting at least one tendon and crippling functionality of my hands to avoid pain.

Thanks, but no thanks for your flaming and flame-baiting comment.

I will always argue for content even at the hardest difficulties to be truly accessible to all players regardless of capability/disability status.
    If you want difficulty "quit being a scrub" and go PVP where the real challenge is.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish the skin wasn't locked to the hardest configuration also. They get a title anyway. Just let us get the skin for defeating the trial in vet mode the easiest way like Maw of Lorkhaj and the Dro-M'athra skin.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly I'm okay with it. We finally have a definitive hardest fight in the game. I just don't like that the gear is locked behind it. There's already lots of great rewards for beating Vet HM but zero reward for beating regular Vet.

Just an odd system here. Normal and Vet should not give the same rewards.

I would agree, same for the skin. I'm sadly going to be forced to try it on the hardest for that skin because I love the skin.
    Then, I will never do the trial on veteran again, maybe never again period.
    The weapons are not enough to entice me anyway.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have a guild because I really try to avoid chat spam as I want to play and I happen to work a phone customer service rep job with enough talking to other people. I also prefer to earn my way through a game rather than selling and buying.
    I will not care to trade it, but thank you for letting me know there is a small chance for me to buy it also.

FYI, I'm not the only one who doesn't care if it is tradeable.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have a guild because I really try to avoid chat spam as I want to play and I happen to work a phone customer service rep job with enough talking to other people. I also prefer to earn my way through a game rather than selling and buying.
    I will not care to trade it, but thank you for letting me know there is a small chance for me to buy it also.

FYI, I'm not the only one who doesn't care if it is tradeable.

Okay. I could really say a lot on this right now but I'm gonna leave it there. Good day to you.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    Honestly, I think it's perfectly fine as it is. You can obtain weapons from the leaderboard OR Veteran HM. It's an incentive for people to organize guilds and aim for harder content, which I'm all about. There's no reason for Perfect Asylum weapons to drop when you haven't bothered to try for harder content. ZoS did good with these weapons making an imperfect and perfect version, which have very minimal differences. The Imperfect Asylum weapons will drop on normal, making them easily accessible for the entire population. Those who work harder to complete content will get the better weapons, and, honestly, that should be a more frequent thing that ZoS does. It'll push people to try end-game, and we definitely need more guilds doing so.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Honestly, I think it's perfectly fine as it is. You can obtain weapons from the leaderboard OR Veteran HM. It's an incentive for people to organize guilds and aim for harder content, which I'm all about. There's no reason for Perfect Asylum weapons to drop when you haven't bothered to try for harder content. ZoS did good with these weapons making an imperfect and perfect version, which have very minimal differences. The Imperfect Asylum weapons will drop on normal, making them easily accessible for the entire population. Those who work harder to complete content will get the better weapons, and, honestly, that should be a more frequent thing that ZoS does. It'll push people to try end-game, and we definitely need more guilds doing so.

This will not work like you hope. When guys dont have the time do go 2-3 days/week from 18-22 o clock (common raidtimes) to practise a trial in a raidgroup, they dont will do like that. They will just feel, that they dont have a chance to get best staff AND then they will think more "why should i play this game anymore, what dont support the common player insted of less then 0,5% of the community".
    We allready have very few trialgroups on all plattforms. This has changes from old WoW times 10 years ago... there arent much guys who want to give that much time or arent able to give this time for a PC game.
    On this its really fatal with thinking to give BiS weapons to the hardest content only. This should work over chances (dropchance in normal 20% for perfected, in vet 40% and HM 100%) or just give this guys, who run the hardest content just a special title or skin like in other dungeons. This change isnt a good idea. When its go live you will see just more guys leaving this...
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)