The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Would you like Perfect Asylum weapons to drop from Veteran difficulty, rather than only Veteran HM?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So here is how you acquire Asylum and Perfect Asylum weapons from Asylum Sanctorum:
- Defeating St. Olms by himself on Normal Difficulty will grant an Asylum weapon (Blue-quality)
- Defeating St. Olms by himself on Veteran Difficulty will grant an Asylum weapon (Purple-quality)
- Defeating St. Olms alongside St. Llothis and St. Felms in the same battle on Normal difficulty will grant an Asylum weapon (Blue-quality)
- Defeating St. Olms alongside St. Llothis and St. Felms in the same battle on Veteran difficulty will grant a Perfect Asylum weapon (Purple-quality , this is a Veteran HM completion)
- Placing on Weekly Leaderboards for Asylum Sanctorium will award you with a Perfect Asylum weapon

So regardless of whether you complete this trial on Normal or Veteran, your reward is pretty much the same. The only way to get a Perfect Asylum weapon is to place on Leaderboards, unless you are part of a raid team that can actually beat Veteran HM.

It seems extremely hard for people to get a Perfect Asylum weapon besides Leaderboard-based RNG. Definitely makes sense for the cosmetics (skin, rune box, etc) to require Veteran HM but I'd like to know if every agrees with these circumstances regarding Asylum and Perfect Asylum weapons. Do you like this?

Note: If Perfect Asylum weapons were made to drop from Veteran non-HM, really good groups would still want to run HM for the runebox/skin drops, so it would not take any incentive away from completing HM. As of now, Normal and Veteran mode provide the same loot.
Edited by Vaoh on September 23, 2017 3:30AM

Would you like Perfect Asylum weapons to drop from Veteran difficulty, rather than only Veteran HM? 231 votes

Perfect Asylum weapons should drop from Veteran non-HM
44%
Mojmiragabahmeatshieldb14_ESOBelegnoleAlMcFlyFaulgorIruil_ESOAimoraAlienSlofSotha_Silinf.toniceb17_ESOkkravaritieb17_ESOclocksstoppesparafucilsarwb17_ESOkojouJerdehElyuHatchetHaroAnroseTanis-StormbinderIdinuse 102 votes
Perfect Asylum weapons should sometimes drop from Veteran non-HM
17%
Moloch1514cschwingeb14_ESOssewallb14_ESOYusufAsayreSanTii.92Uranamordroids097DontWorryBeHappyWoelerDDukeLifecode666The_SaintAetherderiusshadelonmb10AliyavanaMake2k15Shadyboss420Arya87 41 votes
Sounds perfectly fine.
28%
SirAndyvailjohn_ESOArtisWuffyCeruleilolo_01b16_ESOSvenjaDestruentZaeniddKhenarthiKyomaMixstatic_rechargeWitarValen_ByteKetarmishklink012DenniMyuuswaggasmactoshfeyii 66 votes
Other
9%
DeHeiAzuryaMaulkinspencermaclean0b16_ESOSavos_SarenEdTerraErralnJonnokylewwefanJaybe_MawfakaDPShiroIzakiRazorCaltrops FoolishHumanSaintSubwayyPrincess_CiriSmmokkeeZer0ooCiphexeso_nya 22 votes
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how hard HM is. If it's similar difficulty to HM in other trials, then it will be accessible to very few players.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 23, 2017 3:55AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how hard HM is. If it's similar difficult to HM in other trials, then it will be accessible to very few players.

From what I have gathered so far regarding difficulty, it is just as hard (if not harder) to complete the Asylum on Hard Mode than other trials. It certainly isn't easier.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    Bad poll is bad, there is technically no option for saying should only drop from vet hm, and weekly rewards.
    (Which is what it is on pts right now)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we should be able to get perfect weapons from both modes and also from solo if want to
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    Bad poll is bad, there is technically no option for saying should only drop from vet hm, and weekly rewards.
    (Which is what it is on pts right now)

Umm..... Yes there is. "Sounds perfectly fine" means you're fine with what's on PTS :lol:
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Perfect" weapons aren't strong enough as it is. Drop them in normal for all I care, they're not even worth a HM clear. At least the skin is nice.
    Edited by bikerangelo on September 23, 2017 4:36AM
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definetely agree with that. I think theres enough reward for doing the hardmode with the skin and the polymorph linked to that. Perfect weapons should drop from vet in general and imperfect weapons from normal.
    Without better loot in Vet non-HM there would be no reason for me to run this over normal.
    Edited by GaunterODim on September 23, 2017 4:42AM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    I like that it only drops from HM, in my opinion there should be a incentive in form of better gear for doing hard contend that only few players can beat. The games lacks this otherwise so I'm happy to see that maybe change a bit. However the difference in power shouldn't be a gamechanger and I think the difference of ~5 from normal to perfected is fair.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait, so I can get the 2H and destro from farming normal?
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The non-Perfected versions have only moderately lower enchantment power... the largest gap is probably the Perf. Dualwield, as it grants an entire two ticks to three abilities vs the standard version. And you can farm normal to get these only slighty worse versions, right? It's not like they're at half strength.

Seems fine how it is.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mondini wrote: »
    wait, so I can get the 2H and destro from farming normal?

Yup!
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't care since the difference between the perfect and imperfect weapons is so small anyway.

I guess I'll never have a reason to do veteran, which is fine with me.
    Edited by Cage_Lizardman on September 23, 2017 6:58AM
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like when the only drop from vet hm. Also the differant is so small from non perfect to perfect.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Since the difference between Perfected and imperfected weapons is so small I'd actually prefer the Imperfected to drop from vet only, and the perfected only vet HM

If they change imperfected to be more worse than they are now, or buff the perfected ones then maybe yes
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on September 23, 2017 8:19AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should stay as it is. Can't do vHM? Take the imperfected weapons.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think it's good that only Perfect ones drop from HM, and I also think that the imperfect ones should be toned down a lot (or simply not drop from normal at all)
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    DPShiro wrote: »
    I think it's good that only Perfect ones drop from HM, and I also think that the imperfect ones should be toned down a lot (or simply not drop from normal at all)

This.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting viewpoints here :o glad there are more people than I thought who will enjoy this system.

Just seems odd that regular Veteran rewards are so underwhelming since Normal basically gives the same thing.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    For me its fine, my only reason to do vet hm is to get the skin and maybe the polymorph
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    This weapons should drop in a solo arena like vMSA weapons too. You can work for your stuff on this way too. How much guys have a trialgroup and can farm this weapons? Under 1% of the TESO community.

It will be very important for DDs to have these weapons and so it should be easier to get them without having a trialgroup... Or the quality of the weapons should give the kind of effectiveness. It should be possible to get the best weapons just with imporving the quality from blue to purple (common to perfected) ;)
    Edited by DeHei on September 23, 2017 10:40AM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    So here is how you acquire Asylum and Perfect Asylum weapons from Asylum Sanctorum:
    - Defeating St. Olms by himself on Normal Difficulty will grant an Asylum weapon (Blue-quality)
    - Defeating St. Olms by himself on Veteran Difficulty will grant an Asylum weapon (Purple-quality)
    - Defeating St. Olms alongside St. Llothis and St. Felms in the same battle on Normal difficulty will grant an Asylum weapon (Blue-quality)
    - Defeating St. Olms alongside St. Llothis and St. Felms in the same battle on Veteran difficulty will grant a Perfect Asylum weapon (Purple-quality , this is a Veteran HM completion)
    - Placing on Weekly Leaderboards for Asylum Sanctorium will award you with a Perfect Asylum weapon

So regardless of whether you complete this trial on Normal or Veteran, your reward is pretty much the same. The only way to get a Perfect Asylum weapon is to place on Leaderboards, unless you are part of a raid team that can actually beat Veteran HM.

It seems extremely hard for people to get a Perfect Asylum weapon besides Leaderboard-based RNG. Definitely makes sense for the cosmetics (skin, rune box, etc) to require Veteran HM but I'd like to know if every agrees with these circumstances regarding Asylum and Perfect Asylum weapons. Do you like this?

Note: If Perfect Asylum weapons were made to drop from Veteran non-HM, really good groups would still want to run HM for the runebox/skin drops, so it would not take any incentive away from completing HM. As of now, Normal and Veteran mode provide the same loot.

yes there should be a 50% chance of drop also from non-hard mode
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    DPShiro wrote: »

No, thanks. The difference is so small exactly because the perfect weapons are intended to be accessible to only few players, at least for now. If you increase the difference then either imperfect weapons become useless, taking a big part of the reward from the majority who run the trial or the perfect weapons become OP. Neither makes any sense.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Make2k15
    Make2k15
    ✭✭
    Perfect Asylum weapons should sometimes drop from Veteran non-HM
    altemriel wrote: »

yes there should be a 50% chance of drop also from non-hard mode

That's way too high chance. With 50% chance one clear would drop 6 weapons on average to trade between group members which would mean that you would get the weapon type you want in couple runs. Though I would too think that it would be nice if it would have a chance to drop from non-hm too in the same manner as the vRoM and vCoS motifs can drop from non-hm. The drop rate should be way lower than 50% though something like 5% chance to get perfected Asylum weapon drop otherwise normal Asylum weapon. That would potentially make some interesting trading opportunities at trial :)

TBH I would have preferred to get new Maelstrom type arena with new BIS weapons instead of this though. Maybe there is some hope yet that we get some of that with the possible Murkmire end gameish dlc next year :)
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It would be better if:

Normal Difficulty has a just chance to drop the Asylum weapons
    veteran would be an 100% garanteed Asylum weapon with a low chance to get a Perfect Asylum weapon
    HM you should have a 100% chance to get the Perfect Asylum weapon

That way it would be way more rewarding doing the vet mode instead of just mindlessly farming a normal mode trial(normal mode trial are way faster to farm than vet ones).
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    The rewards for Normal Asylum are way too good.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Me: Dont care tbh.
    Generally: The 1337-pro-uber ppl will be pissed enough that u can get a usefull weapon for running normal, no reason to trigger them more.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Me: Dont care tbh.
    Generally: The 1337-pro-uber ppl will be pissed enough that u can get a usefull weapon for running normal, no reason to trigger them more.

Getting the same reward from a Normal and a Veteran trial doesn't make any sense. The only difference is the quality of the item, which kinda laughable, because the item will end up being gold anyway.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they could keep the Perfect ones dropping only from HM if they removed the drops from normal.

I think this is a terrible precedente, tbh.

End game is in a terrible state right now, at least on Xbox NA, with very few groups and players actually completing. You make the rewards from Vet the same as Normal, and only a handful will actually keep trying anything serious.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    So from what I have seen of Regular Veteran, I think a lot of groups will be able to do it without much problems, now there are expected buffs to some of the weaker parts of things and fixes for some broken stuff so we will see but I think its gonna be pretty ok to get vAS Olms+0 Down. So I think having Perfect Asylum weapons only dropping from Olms+2, aka vet HM is the way to do it, especially considering the difference between the two is not that large.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    From what I'm hearing, normal is very accessible, veteran is fairly difficult... and this is the hardest hard mode in the game and they might make it harder since people are getting close to completion on PTS.

The difference between imperfect and perfect isn't huge. People who can complete HM deserve a reward.