The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Would you like Perfect Asylum weapons to drop from Veteran difficulty, rather than only Veteran HM?

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    I'm a bad player who doesn't deserve any rewards then because I've never completed a vet trial beside vMSA :|

Maybe we should lock PvE best in slot gear behind dueling tournaments :blush:

Yeah, this would finally be same option for PvEler like for PvPler now! Only very few could get it... Its a nice feeling? :p

Well ust disable the PVE Arena weapons in PVP and give them their own wepaons which can only be required doin PVP Arenas (PVP arena weapons disabeld in PVE) and we're fine ;P

Or just give us a token system which allows us to farm the content we enjoy to get our gear. Would make everything less complicated :p

We are getting a good system to retrait items. As as @paulsimonps stated above, it is good to have gear tied to the content.

The only time I have seen a system where generic tokens were farmed and a player eventually had enough to buy a piece of gear, it was junk gear. No set bonus. Maybe that would be fine. The tokens for buying the actual gear has limited tokens per instance.

It is better to improve what we have rather than go backwards to having to roll other players for gear.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect Asylum weapons should drop from Veteran non-HM
    Izaki wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    From what I'm hearing, normal is very accessible, veteran is fairly difficult... and this is the hardest hard mode in the game and they might make it harder since people are getting close to completion on PTS.

The difference between imperfect and perfect isn't huge. People who can complete HM deserve a reward.

Imo up to 25% difference in potency is quite substential and should in no way be locked behind vetHM 12 man content. Those weapons might be bis in pvp for some builds. For this the content is way to inaccessible.

From a pvp perspective locking bis gear behind vet hardmode raid content is a nonono nope nopen not a chance i´ll spend a cent on that game at all anymore if this stays as is.

What would be the point of doing hard mode at all then?

What was the point in hardmode for any trial before this?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I'm hearing, normal is very accessible, veteran is fairly difficult... and this is the hardest hard mode in the game and they might make it harder since people are getting close to completion on PTS.

The difference between imperfect and perfect isn't huge. People who can complete HM deserve a reward.

Imo up to 25% difference in potency is quite substential and should in no way be locked behind vetHM 12 man content. Those weapons might be bis in pvp for some builds. For this the content is way to inaccessible.

From a pvp perspective locking bis gear behind vet hardmode raid content is a nonono nope nopen not a chance i´ll spend a cent on that game at all anymore if this stays as is.

Hardmode is for ambitioned guys without any are targets as ranking. Guys just few limited guys will be possible to do HM trials. Its fatal to give BiS weapons only as a reward, when 99,8% of the community dont have access to it. As result many guys will quit this game finally! Its more a kind of selfdestruct as a productive step!

To be honest, I think more guilds will be able to do vAS Olms+2 than we have seen been able to do vMoL and vHoF. Even with the buffs coming to certain parts of it I think with some practice it can be done by a lot more people. Its been out less than a week on PTS and we already have guilds that have almost completed vAS Olms+2. And with the fixes to some of the broken stuff many will be able to do vet Olms+0, it will be like doing a vHRC or vAA, something most people can do. And then you can practice with Olms+1 in different combinations and work your way towards your goal.

The point is - why do i have to play content i don´t want to but HAVE to because there is gear locked behind it that´s 25% better than what i can get without raiding vet HM.

Forcing players to do content is bad.
    Requiring 4 players to do so is worse.
    Requiring 12 players and to do it on vet HM is literally the worst freaking idea someone at ZOS ever had.

On top of that - what about players that can´t dedicate the time in the evening to raid for 3+ hours anymore? You could always go Maelstrom alone when you had time during the day.
    It was atleast possible to find 3 people to do vetDSA during the day.
    How am i supposed to find a group that manages to clear a 12 man vet trial in hardmode during daytime when i have max online times of 2 hours without a fixed schedule?
    Edited by Derra on September 23, 2017 4:44PM
    <Noricum>

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What was the point in hardmode for any trial before this?

It's not trial it's mini trial. Different content different rules.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.

It is huge... For example, you are able to hold all statuseffects on target with perfect asylum destrostaff 100% of time! Without you cant do that. Guys with that weapons will for example make new records in vMSA!

No argument here that the destro staff is over the top for PvP, even in imperfect. The 2H, too.

I just think that trial guilds that manage to complete hard mode should get rewarded with something better than just vet mode. (And that won't include me. :D )
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.

Hardmode is for ambitioned guys without any are targets as ranking. Guys just few limited guys will be possible to do HM trials. Its fatal to give BiS weapons only as a reward, when 99,8% of the community dont have access to it. As result many guys will quit this game finally! Its more a kind of selfdestruct as a productive step!

To be honest, I think more guilds will be able to do vAS Olms+2 than we have seen been able to do vMoL and vHoF. Even with the buffs coming to certain parts of it I think with some practice it can be done by a lot more people. Its been out less than a week on PTS and we already have guilds that have almost completed vAS Olms+2. And with the fixes to some of the broken stuff many will be able to do vet Olms+0, it will be like doing a vHRC or vAA, something most people can do. And then you can practice with Olms+1 in different combinations and work your way towards your goal.

The point is - why do i have to play content i don´t want to but HAVE to because there is gear locked behind it that´s 25% better than what i can get without raiding vet HM.

Requiring 12 players and to do it on vet HM is literally the worst freaking idea someone at ZOS ever had.

On top of that - what about players that can´t dedicate the time in the evening to raid for 3+ hours anymore? You could always go Maelstrom alone when you had time during the day.
    How am i supposed to find a group that manages to clear a 12 man vet trial in hardmode during daytime when i have max online times of 2 hours without a fixed schedule?

I want the Emporer Powers and Costume, but I don't want to play PvP that much, make it easier to get it so I can do completely unrelated things and still get rewarded with what I specifically want.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    ToRelax wrote: »
    DPShiro wrote: »
    The entitlement needs to stop. Not everyone needs to get BiS by doing ridiculously easy things.

To be honest 90% probably don't notice a difference between using different traits anyway. Because BiS gear only accounts for a small part of what you do, perfecting your rotations, getting used to mechanics and learning to play is much more important.

Let the people who put in serious hard work doing the hardest content in the game have proper rewards for once.

Just equipping BiS gear and weapons doesn't make you a good payer, that takes a lot of practice and work.

You know, you sound pretty entitled to me. You want a significant combat advantage that you think you don't actually need for putting in "serious hard work". Why not just be happy that there is a special reward for vet HM? :)

I'm willing to work for what I want, that's not entitlement.
    Combat advantage? You work as a team, that's the most important part.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    I'm a bad player who doesn't deserve any rewards then because I've never completed a vet trial beside vMSA :|

Maybe we should lock PvE best in slot gear behind dueling tournaments :blush:

Yeah, this would finally be same option for PvEler like for PvPler now! Only very few could get it... Its a nice feeling? :p

Well ust disable the PVE Arena weapons in PVP and give them their own wepaons which can only be required doin PVP Arenas (PVP arena weapons disabeld in PVE) and we're fine ;P

Or just give us a token system which allows us to farm the content we enjoy to get our gear. Would make everything less complicated :p

Oh you mean farm vFG1 over and over?

No, gear needs to be connected to the content like this, it promotes replayability, and we don't need a token system with the transmutation system. Sure you still need to get the right piece but you don't have to worry about trait on it as long as you are good at getting crystals.

Gear needs to be connected to content but it should be gear useful only for that specific type of content. Locking BiS PVP gear behind 12 man vet HM PVE trials is as bad as locking BiS PVE gear behind PVP leaderboards.

A token system for only master/MA/asylum weapons wouldnt be bad as long as its only tied to vDSA, vMA and vet trials. So its still hard to get them but at least it gives multiple options for all players. PVP and solo players included. It would actually be better than just handing out those weapons to everyone who completed a normal trial.

That being said the difference between perfect and imperfect weapons is very small with the exception of destro staff so i guess its fine.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    "Best players"... why is a guys, who dont play this part of game a more worse player, then this guys, who successful finish a HM Trial??

There isnt a difference mate. Both are player and both do well in the parts they want. When a guy just want to do solo content, he dont find access now to do this with best items. Maybe he dont need it, but maybe he want it..

For me it should be a way to craft this weapons as crafter too. Run the normal trial to collect parts from bosses. When you get 100 parts, you are able create this perfected weapons too (only 10 for inperfected). This would be a way to benefit "best crafter/best in what ever" too!

So with that logic I should get all PVP rewards like costumes, AP, Tel Var and Solo stuff like the Master Angler etc while I'm doing Trials?
    Because I want them too.

And no you should never have easy access to BiS weapons like that wth crafting, unless the material only dropped on HM. But I much rather have a completely weapon drop.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.

I want the Emporer Powers and Costume, but I don't want to play PvP that much, make it easier to get it so I can do completely unrelated things and still get rewarded with what I specifically want.

Emperor Powers are tied only to PVP content. It does nothing in PVE. Costume is cosmetics. Doesnt effect combat effectiveness.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Purely optional cosmetics (or a time based buff) compared to best in slot gear that does not expire until it gets outdated - sure makes to compare that.

I´d be fine if the weapons didn´t work in cyrodiil :wink:
    Edited by Derra on September 23, 2017 5:18PM
    <Noricum>

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Best players"... why is a guys, who dont play this part of game a more worse player, then this guys, who successful finish a HM Trial??

There isnt a difference mate. Both are player and both do well in the parts they want. When a guy just want to do solo content, he dont find access now to do this with best items. Maybe he dont need it, but maybe he want it..

For me it should be a way to craft this weapons as crafter too. Run the normal trial to collect parts from bosses. When you get 100 parts, you are able create this perfected weapons too (only 10 for inperfected). This would be a way to benefit "best crafter/best in what ever" too!

So with that logic I should get all PVP rewards like costumes, AP, Tel Var and Solo stuff like the Master Angler etc while I'm doing Trials?
    Because I want them too.

And no you should never have easy access to BiS weapons like that wth crafting, unless the material only dropped on HM. But I much rather have a completely weapon drop.

Show me the pvp rewards that are anywhere near bis that are tied to actually competing in pvp on a high level.

Pvp skills can be earned through pveing nowadays too.
    Edited by Derra on September 23, 2017 8:24PM
    <Noricum>

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.

Because I want them too.

Your argument would hold some value if u were comparing similar things.
    But you dont. You are comparing costumes and bind on equip stuff with BiS weapons.

If you want an analogy then it would be perfect asylum weapons locked behind PVP leaderboards.
    Have fun doing PVP for a month to get the weapon u want.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I couldn't care less about PVP, in fact I wish it was removed from the game as it impacts PVE, constantly in a negative way

PVP and PVE should have been separated long ago, skills, gear, balances etc.

This is a PVE weapon and if you want it go do the PVE content, simple as that.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    You guys are acting like the Asylum weapons were all purposefully designed to be PvP Weapons. They are good in both, but you guys want them in PvP without having to put in the work. And you can get them just slightly diminished version really easy, but you are complaining that you can get the better version cause you don't have the time/skills/social preference to get them. PvErs want those staffs too you know, and they are willing to put the work in. Be happy there are imperfect weapons to begin with, no such thing for Master and Mealstrom, but I'm repeating myself.

PvErs have to do PvP to get BiS Skills, you might say, "well that's way easier to get". But from looking at the forum history we can see MANY that don't want to do that, but want it anyway, its the same kind of complaining. You want something to be made easier cause you don't want to put in the work.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    I couldn't care less about PVP, in fact I wish it was removed from the game as it impacts PVE, constantly in a negative way

They can be used in PVP and they are good in PVP. So no they are not PVE weapons and ur own biased opinion and hatred towards PVP wont change that. The only thing it changes is that no one takes you seriously now after what you said.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, isn't it the case that imperfect weps come from non-HM vet difficulty?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    pieratsos wrote: »

They can be used in PVP and they are good in PVP. So no they are not PVE weapons and ur own biased opinion and hatred towards PVP wont change that. The only thing it changes is that no one takes you seriously now after what you said.

They are however also not PvP Weapons, they are both.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Wait, isn't it the case that imperfect weps come from non-HM vet difficulty?

thats correct

imperfected weapons drop in:
    nAS
    vAS

Perfeced only in:
    vAS HM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

I don't hate PVP, that would require me to actually care, I don't.
    I'm saying they should have been separated a long time ago.
    Edited by DPShiro on September 23, 2017 5:41PM
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    You guys are acting like the Asylum weapons were all purposefully designed to be PvP Weapons. They are good in both, but you guys want them in PvP without having to put in the work. And you can get them just slightly diminished version really easy, but you are complaining that you can get the better version cause you don't have the time/skills/social preference to get them. PvErs want those staffs too you know, and they are willing to put the work in. Be happy there are imperfect weapons to begin with, no such thing for Master and Mealstrom, but I'm repeating myself.

PvErs have to do PvP to get BiS Skills, you might say, "well that's way easier to get". But from looking at the forum history we can see MANY that don't want to do that, but want it anyway, its the same kind of complaining. You want something to be made easier cause you don't want to put in the work.

Encouraging to content is much different than forcing people to farm content. The PVP skills encourage you to try PVP. You can get them in 2 hours and if u dont like PVP dont do it ever again. Having to do the hardest PVE content in the game in a group of 12 people isnt encouraging. Its the exact opposite.

And no one said give them without having to put in the work.
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    Other

so make the set bonus disabled on cyrodiil and give a pvp way to get the same staff enabled in cyro but disabled outside and why not make something who can merge those 2 staff on 1 staff working everywhere ?

unlike WoW there is no set designed for PvP/PvE, maybe a PvP/PvE version of sets would be the way to make it fair

you'r not honest when you say that you have to farm BiS skills in PvP, they are really easy to get, way easier than undauted passive for PvPers and no one complain about it anymore
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.

They are however also not PvP Weapons, they are both.

Exactly they are both. So at least make a token system that gives PVP players the option to get them by doing vMA or vDSA. Thats still not PVP but at least its accessible for PVP players.

Thats actually better than having to make a worse version and give it to everyone just so they dont complain.
    That also has a very good chance to lead to imperfect master and MA weapons sooner or later. It wont be long before the threads about them start popping. And no thats not good.
    Edited by pieratsos on September 23, 2017 5:51PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    EdTerra wrote: »

so make the set bonus disabled on cyrodiil and give a pvp way to get the same staff enabled in cyro but disabled outside and why not make something who can merge those 2 staff on 1 staff working everywhere ?

unlike WoW there is no set designed for PvP/PvE, maybe a PvP/PvE version of sets would be the way to make it fair

you'r not honest when you say that you have to farm BiS skills in PvP, they are really easy to get, way easier than undauted passive for PvPers and no one complain about it anymore

I didn't say that I need to farm it, I am ok with it and PvP regularly. BUT, people do think in that way, and its the exact same line of thinking as everyone that is complaining about this is having. Different levels sure, but same line of thought. But most people are disregarding one and promoting the other.

And I see some talking about separating PvP and PvE, the devs have stated multiple times why they don't and many of those reason are extremely valid. So don't expect something like that anytime soon.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It´s not.

And as a result pve is negatively impacting pvp. Goes both ways. Also don´t forget about the horrible changes to sustain we had to endure due to pve.
    Edited by Derra on September 23, 2017 5:53PM
    <Noricum>

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This weapons should drop in a solo arena like vMSA weapons too. You can work for your stuff on this way too. How much guys have a trialgroup and can farm this weapons? Under 1% of the TESO community.

It will be very important for DDs to have these weapons and so it should be easier to get them without having a trialgroup... Or the quality of the weapons should give the kind of effectiveness. It should be possible to get the best weapons just with imporving the quality from blue to purple (common to perfected) ;)

I'm pretty sure they'll end up making it a regular vet drop eventually for this reason. There simply aren't enough competitive trial guilds out there running this content. A new weapon that no one is using is wasted development time. That is unless it actually encourages more guilds to get into HM trial running.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 23, 2017 5:55PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

These are cosmetics. You also get cosmetics for completing veteran hard mode in the new trial (and only for doing this), just saying.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This weapons should drop in a solo arena like vMSA weapons too. You can work for your stuff on this way too. How much guys have a trialgroup and can farm this weapons? Under 1% of the TESO community.

It will be very important for DDs to have these weapons and so it should be easier to get them without having a trialgroup... Or the quality of the weapons should give the kind of effectiveness. It should be possible to get the best weapons just with imporving the quality from blue to purple (common to perfected) ;)

I'm pretty sure they'll end up making it a regular vet drop eventually for this reason. There simply aren't enough competitive trial guilds out there running this content. A new weapon that no one is using is wasted development time. That is unless it actually encourages more guilds to get into HM trial running.

You mean guilds that will be filled with people that stop running the content as soon as they have the weapon(s) they want? That´s gonna be so much fun and good for the pve community as a whole :neutral:
    <Noricum>

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.

I don't hate PVP, that would require me to actually care, I don't.
    I'm saying they should have been separated a long time ago.

Whether they have to be seperated or not is a different story and most people would agree that it would be better if they seperate them.

But until that day try to be more objective. Comments like " i couldnt care less about PVP, you can remove it from the game, they are PVE weapons so dont feel entitled to them" doesnt help the situation. You make it worse.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Because I want them too.

The problem is, that BiS weapons now will only a reward of a HM of a trial. I allways thought this will not happen in TESO... i really thought you here its nearly only your skill level, what is important for your success. Until now you got all you need and BiS items without doing something special. You could work solo for it.

AND why should a crafter dont have same right to BiS gear? Its same logic. When they would implementate BiS weapons only for crafter, you would be angry, when you dont have leveled your craftingskills...
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)