The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Would you like Perfect Asylum weapons to drop from Veteran difficulty, rather than only Veteran HM?

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    NBrookus wrote: »
    From what I'm hearing, normal is very accessible, veteran is fairly difficult... and this is the hardest hard mode in the game and they might make it harder since people are getting close to completion on PTS.

The difference between imperfect and perfect isn't huge. People who can complete HM deserve a reward.

It is huge... For example, you are able to hold all statuseffects on target with perfect asylum destrostaff 100% of time! Without you cant do that. Guys with that weapons will for example make new records in vMSA!
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect Asylum weapons should drop from Veteran non-HM
    From what I'm hearing, normal is very accessible, veteran is fairly difficult... and this is the hardest hard mode in the game and they might make it harder since people are getting close to completion on PTS.

The difference between imperfect and perfect isn't huge. People who can complete HM deserve a reward.

Imo up to 25% difference in potency is quite substential and should in no way be locked behind vetHM 12 man content. Those weapons might be bis in pvp for some builds. For this the content is way to inaccessible.

From a pvp perspective locking bis gear behind vet hardmode raid content is a nonono nope nopen not a chance i´ll spend a cent on that game at all anymore if this stays as is.
    Edited by Derra on September 23, 2017 1:05PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Derra wrote: »

Imo up to 25% difference in potency is quite substential and should in no way be locked behind vetHM 12 man content. Those weapons might be bis in pvp for some builds. For this the content is way to inaccessible.

From a pvp perspective locking bis gear behind vet hardmode raid content is a nonono nope nopen not a chance i´ll spend a cent on that game at all anymore if this stays as is.

Yeah... guys with this weapons in PvP ... :/
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other

What would be the point of doing hard mode at all then?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Izaki wrote: »

Hardmode is for ambitioned guys without any are targets as ranking. Guys just few limited guys will be possible to do HM trials. Its fatal to give BiS weapons only as a reward, when 99,8% of the community dont have access to it. As result many guys will quit this game finally! Its more a kind of selfdestruct as a productive step!
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    Other

every DLC is a pain for pvp players, amberplasm is a pvp set and you have to farm DLC pve content (money,money,money,$.$). now we need to do a f*ing trial (just for destro staff)...

I still didn't complete craglorn trials...

and I don't understand why there is so much difference between those weapons, destro is completly broken, s&b/2h are just tools and DW/bow/resto are useless...

-> gold vendor
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    DeHei wrote: »
    Izaki wrote: »

Hardmode is for ambitioned guys without any are targets as ranking. Guys just few limited guys will be possible to do HM trials. Its fatal to give BiS weapons only as a reward, when 99,8% of the community dont have access to it. As result many guys will quit this game finally! Its more a kind of selfdestruct as a productive step!

To be honest, I think more guilds will be able to do vAS Olms+2 than we have seen been able to do vMoL and vHoF. Even with the buffs coming to certain parts of it I think with some practice it can be done by a lot more people. Its been out less than a week on PTS and we already have guilds that have almost completed vAS Olms+2. And with the fixes to some of the broken stuff many will be able to do vet Olms+0, it will be like doing a vHRC or vAA, something most people can do. And then you can practice with Olms+1 in different combinations and work your way towards your goal.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The entitlement needs to stop. Not everyone needs to get BiS by doing ridiculously easy things.

To be honest 90% probably don't notice a difference between using different traits anyway. Because BiS gear only accounts for a small part of what you do, perfecting your rotations, getting used to mechanics and learning to play is much more important.

Let the people who put in serious hard work doing the hardest content in the game have proper rewards for once.

Just equipping BiS gear and weapons doesn't make you a good payer, that takes a lot of practice and work.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    DPShiro wrote: »
    The entitlement needs to stop. Not everyone needs to get BiS by doing ridiculously easy things.

To be honest 90% probably don't notice a difference between using different traits anyway. Because BiS gear only accounts for a small part of what you do, perfecting your rotations, getting used to mechanics and learning to play is much more important.

Let the people who put in serious hard work doing the hardest content in the game have proper rewards for once.

Just equipping BiS gear and weapons doesn't make you a good payer, that takes a lot of practice and work.

vMSA wasnt easy at start... but you dont needed 11 other guys to farm your BiS equipment!
    And for example some guys did allready over 100 runs at vMSA and they didnt get the weapons they prefer until now...
    With update i need to find time to farm this trial 2x days/week to have a chance for a perfect weapon in right trait?!

On this way many guys without that time will leave this too. Here arent only students and kids with nearly endless time. I need to find time between my family and work to make trials allready. In reason of this i needed to search long and found finally guys with similar problems. We start very late after 21 o clock to run trials... I am ambitioned but i dont like need to do a trial for a little chance to get my stuff and hope for the "chancegod"... I think its a wrong way to go...
    Edited by DeHei on September 23, 2017 2:14PM
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect Asylum weapons should sometimes drop from Veteran non-HM
    Damn wrong vote. Wanted red ):
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.

vMSA wasnt easy at start... but you dont needed 11 other guys to farm your BiS equipment!
    And for example some guys did allready over 100 runs at vMSA and they didnt get the weapons they prefer until now...
    With update i need to find time to farm this trial 2x days/week. On this way many guys without that time will leave this too. I think its a wrong way to go...

We got retrait now though, will be much easier to get what you want. Also if you really want those Perfect weapons, they all you got to do is keep trying. Its a 12 man effort, much easier to do it together than soloing vMSA, and a lot more fun. As many have said since vMSA came out, the worst thing about it is spending about an hour plus in there, alone.

And yes I know many people can do vMSA now, but remember at the start? It was REALLY HARD, and people complained about BiS being locked behind that then, now we got this which we can do together and more easily get the correct trait, and people still complain :neutral:

At least Normal and Regular vet gets something, no Maelstrom or master weapons in Normal DSA or MSA.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

With update i need to find time to farm this trial 2x days/week. On this way many guys without that time will leave this too. I think its a wrong way to go...

I passed 700+ VMA runs a while back. And I'm still missing 2 weapons in specific traits, even though I've gotten 8686363737 of everything else. But that will change now with transmutation so I'm good.

The issue is that Imperfect weapons are way too close to Perfect ones, and ridiculously easy to get if they continue to drop on normal.

Either remove them from normal or tone them down immensely compared to Perfect ones and keep them in HM only.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

We got retrait now though, will be much easier to get what you want. Also if you really want those Perfect weapons, they all you got to do is keep trying. Its a 12 man effort, much easier to do it together than soloing vMSA, and a lot more fun. As many have said since vMSA came out, the worst thing about it is spending about an hour plus in there, alone.

And yes I know many people can do vMSA now, but remember at the start? It was REALLY HARD, and people complained about BiS being locked behind that then, now we got this which we can do together and more easily get the correct trait, and people still complain :neutral:

At least Normal and Regular vet gets something, no Maelstrom or master weapons in Normal DSA or MSA.

I passed 700+ VMA runs a while back. And I'm still missing 2 weapons in specific traits, even though I've gotten 8686363737 of everything else. But that will change now with transmutation so I'm good.

The issue is that Imperfect weapons are way too close to Perfect ones, and ridiculously easy to get if they continue to drop on normal.

Either remove them from normal or tone them down immensely compared to Perfect ones and keep them in HM only.

Pls read again, i edited my post to give you a example why its not so easy for most guys with age 30+... Isnt a problem with fun or others. We older people just need to find the time to do this. When you start trials, while others going to bed its much more difficult to hold the concentration in circumstances...

But you are right, i forgot the trait optimizer... ;)
    Edited by DeHei on September 23, 2017 2:19PM
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Pls read again, i edited my post to give you a example why its not so easy for most guys with age 30+... Isnt a problem with fun or others. We older people just need to find the time to do this. When you start trials, while others going to bed its much more difficult to hold the concentration in circumstances...

I'm 34 with a wife, family and a full time job along with my own company, just work on your time management ;)
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    Other

destro staff is concussion+burning+chilled every time u'r using the main damage skill, so basically up 100% of the time
    - concussion is 8% damage, I have compared to the gold berseker glyph on a gold infused weapon, 8% is a bit less damage than 450 spell/wep damage
    - burning effect 100% of the time, free strong DoT perma up
    - chilled apply minor maim on you'r target (reducing targets damage for 15% ) up 100% of the time

equipping BiS gear/weapon doesn't make you a good player for sure but this only 1pc 'set' is almost 450 spell/wp damage + magicka viper DoT (burning) up 100% of the fight + minor maim
    so yeah it's BiS because this 1pc "set (lol)" is even stronger than many 2*5 pc builds

and PvE'r are 99% of the time zergers in PvP, I don't want to say it's okay to let them run in PvP with OP PvP builds where a PvP players can't even have something similar with PvP only
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

I see this as the major problem aswell here, the imperfected ones are to strong compared to the perfected ones and the effort put in to get them.

Tune the Perfected ones up, or tune imperfected down
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on September 23, 2017 2:26PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

I'm 34 with a wife, family and a full time job along with my own company, just work on your time management ;)

I´m 33 with a wife, 3 daughters and a full time job with 3 workshifts. Isnt possible to manage my time better mate! Best i could do (and the only way) to find a trial what starts at 21 o clock. When i come home from late work its allready 21 o clock. So i directly go to PC and need to start it. How do you think i could optimize that more? (New job? :D )

I dont want this... looks like a bit "mimimi". There are much guys with similar problems mate and that is the majority of teso players :)
    Edited by DeHei on September 23, 2017 2:35PM
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.

You know, you sound pretty entitled to me. You want a significant combat advantage that you think you don't actually need for putting in "serious hard work". Why not just be happy that there is a special reward for vet HM? :)
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best players in the game deserve to get best weapons in the game. There are 25% weaker versions on veteran mode which is prefectly fine. Dedication and effort deserves reward.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    "Best players"... why is a guys, who dont play this part of game a more worse player, then this guys, who successful finish a HM Trial??

There isnt a difference mate. Both are player and both do well in the parts they want. When a guy just want to do solo content, he dont find access now to do this with best items. Maybe he dont need it, but maybe he want it..

For me it should be a way to craft this weapons as crafter too. Run the normal trial to collect parts from bosses. When you get 100 parts, you are able create this perfected weapons too (only 10 for inperfected). This would be a way to benefit "best crafter/best in what ever" too!
    Edited by DeHei on September 23, 2017 3:08PM
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.
    "Best players"... why is a guys, who dont play this part of game a more worse player, then this guys, who successful finish a HM Trial??

There isnt a difference mate. Both are player and both do well in the parts they want. When a guy just want to do solo content, he dont find access now to do this with best items. Maybe he dont need it, but maybe he want it..

For me it should be a way to craft this weapons as crafter too. Run the normal trial to collect parts from bosses. When you get 100 parts, you are able create this perfected weapons too (only 10 for inperfected). This would be a way to benefit "best crafter/best in what ever" too!

Did you make the same complaints when Dragonstar Arean and Master weapons were introduced? Its group content that gives strong weapons, many consider the Master Bow a BiS weapon for stamina characters in PvP. There was no reward for it in Normal, no CP 150 Master weapons or anything like that, no matter how much people pleaded with the Devs. Now they are giving us basically that, they are giving us what we asked for, a slightly worse version of the Asylum weapons that is much much easier to get, and if you want to do the Hardest part of it you get the Perfect version instead. This is exactly what many have begged for in vDSA and vMSA. We finally have it, and instead of being happy that we are getting something we want, you push the goal forward and complain that Perfect weapons are not easier to get.....

Its fine as is.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Did you make the same complaints when Dragonstar Arean and Master weapons were introduced? Its group content that gives strong weapons, many consider the Master Bow a BiS weapon for stamina characters in PvP. There was no reward for it in Normal, no CP 150 Master weapons or anything like that, no matter how much people pleaded with the Devs. Now they are giving us basically that, they are giving us what we asked for, a slightly worse version of the Asylum weapons that is much much easier to get, and if you want to do the Hardest part of it you get the Perfect version instead. This is exactly what many have begged for in vDSA and vMSA. We finally have it, and instead of being happy that we are getting something we want, you push the goal forward and complain that Perfect weapons are not easier to get.....

Its fine as is.

I couldnt run DSA a long time because of time. I started to run it and after 3 months my team looked for more flexible person. There it was ok for me, but i never could return to create a group again.
    I just mean it is not so easy for a lot of ambitioned guys :)
    Edited by DeHei on September 23, 2017 3:20PM
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bad player who doesn't deserve any rewards then because I've never completed a vet trial beside vMSA :|

Maybe we should lock PvE best in slot gear behind dueling tournaments :blush:
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on September 23, 2017 3:23PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm a bad player who doesn't deserve any rewards then because I've never completed a vet trial beside vMSA :|

Yeah, this would finally be same option for PvEler like for PvPler now! Only very few could get it... Its a nice feeling? :p
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Yeah, this would finally be same option for PvEler like for PvPler now! Only very few could get it... Its a nice feeling? :p

Well ust disable the PVE Arena weapons in PVP and give them their own wepaons which can only be required doin PVP Arenas (PVP arena weapons disabeld in PVE) and we're fine ;P
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• RazorCaltrops
    RazorCaltrops
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    The difference between a perfect and imperfect asylum destro is just 1 second (%100 vs %80 uptime on status effects)

You can get the imperfect one from normal mode with sorcs just rubberbanding heavy attack button and a non-optimized group.

Perfected weapons are granted if you kill the final boss (which has 99 million health in non HM alone) + 2 other bosses at the same time.

And people complaining about the accesibility of perfected ones ?
    PS4 EU
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Well ust disable the PVE Arena weapons in PVP and give them their own wepaons which can only be required doin PVP Arenas (PVP arena weapons disabeld in PVE) and we're fine ;P

hehe yes :p
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what OP is expecting as a result in the polls.

Obviously an abundance of players would like the perfect weapon to be easier to obtain. The forums often have threads from players wanting something to be easier, MA weapons dropping in nMA is something that has popped up from time to time.

Zos would also be aware of that so the poll would not sway them.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Or just give us a token system which allows us to farm the content we enjoy to get our gear. Would make everything less complicated :p
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds perfectly fine.

Or just give us a token system which allows us to farm the content we enjoy to get our gear. Would make everything less complicated :p

Oh you mean farm vFG1 over and over?

No, gear needs to be connected to the content like this, it promotes replayability, and we don't need a token system with the transmutation system. Sure you still need to get the right piece but you don't have to worry about trait on it as long as you are good at getting crystals.
    Edited by paulsimonps on September 23, 2017 4:22PM