The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

magblades..the New Agony skill does oblivion dmg to you . LOL

• actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Code2501 wrote: »
    I wonder how screwed this would be on self cast while wearing Duroks Bane.

The dmg from the skill doesnt proc any dmgtakenprocset.

Posting assumptions without decent testing is the reason zos gives a *** about a lot of replys.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    We need founders of magblades to come and comment on this post. I invoke the right to call upon the following deities.

@NightbladeMechanics
    @Zendran
    @Blobsky

Thanks,

Honestly after @Lexxypwns feedback. I found out that my survivability skyrocketed in duels. so I am beginning to like the healthy offering morphe. not quit sure how it will work in open world.

To be fair, the only reason they did this change in the first place is the skill always ignored battle leveling (anyone and everyone who used it knew that) and outside of that was useless. Far as im concerned it means the skill is no longer bugged but still useless.
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    We need founders of magblades to come and comment on this post. I invoke the right to call upon the following deities.

@NightbladeMechanics
    @Zendran
    @Blobsky

Thanks,

Honestly after @Lexxypwns feedback. I found out that my survivability skyrocketed in duels. so I am beginning to like the healthy offering morphe. not quit sure how it will work in open world.

To be fair, the only reason they did this change in the first place is the skill always ignored battle leveling (anyone and everyone who used it knew that) and outside of that was useless. Far as im concerned it means the skill is no longer bugged but still useless.

I don't know blobs san... Minor mending is pretty nice in PTS. at this point i like it very much... cant decide between healthy recovery / cloak / mark target / shade
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@NightbladeMechanics
    @Zendran
    @Blobsky

Thanks,

Any build currently running multiple HoTs, including rapid regen, will become stronger by dropping RR for healthy offering. I don't think it outperforms mutagen, though, assuming your build already has enough healing. But that's simply because if you have enough healing you're running mutagen for the purge and "burst" heal.

I mean, I'm dropping cloak for it open world on a light armor build
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 25, 2017 4:00PM
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

@NightbladeMechanics
    @Zendran
    @Blobsky

Thanks,

Any build currently running multiple HoTs, including rapid regen, will become stronger by dropping RR for healthy offering. I don't think it outperforms mutagen, though, assuming your build already has enough healing. But that's simply because if you have enough healing you're running mutagen for the purge and "burst" heal.

mutagen has purge ???? omg I need to check this.. what cave I have been sleeping in.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@NightbladeMechanics
    @Zendran
    @Blobsky

Thanks,

mutagen has purge ???? omg I need to check this.. what cave I have been sleeping in.

It's a very mediocre purge and you have to recast it to proc, but yeah. It's not worth dropping any of your NB hots over tho. Unless you're running a build with enough healing to not need healthy offering or cloak then idk how you fit it.

Since healthy offering has no magika cost, incorporating it into a buff rotation in place of a skill that costs magika will improve your sustain. If you're dropping cloak for it you can probably manage 1700 regen on destro/resto builds pretty easily
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 25, 2017 4:11PM
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@NightbladeMechanics
    @Zendran
    @Blobsky

Thanks,

I don't know blobs san... Minor mending is pretty nice in PTS. at this point i like it very much... cant decide between healthy recovery / cloak / mark target / shade

I don't really see why NB would ever need more healing, just get more damage... no need to increase chance enemy 1 shots you by adding another dot, when you can already heal so easily
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Izaki wrote: »
    EdTerra wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    They need to make this scale with highest stat, siphoning tree offers extremely little to stamblades.

+ vigor + 2h heal + perma dodgeroll ? No Thx.

You just listed the 2 shittiest heals in the entire game and a useless defense mechanic circumvented by over 90% of the skills in game, nicely done.

Okay... Vigor isn't a *** heal. I don't know why you'd say that. Its an HoT which is what makes it so powerful as it can make the different between being bursted down and shrugging it off. A burst heal wouldn't save you in that situation. And on top of that, you don't need burst heals all the time so Rally is more or less fine for that function. I main a stamblade, but at some point you just have to be realistic. You can't claim something is *** when its not.

I kinda agree on the perma dodge thing though. Block is way more useful these days. Might actually be worth it to switch from a few Well-fitted pieces to Sturdy.

It is though, especially when you compare it to other defensive abilities.

Do you know how much getting 1k more stamina adds to your Vigor?

18. 18 (37 in PvE) Health/Second. Or 90 Health over 5 seconds.

Even getting a health regen bonus nets you almost 4 times more healing.

Compare that to Hardened Ward/Dampen Magic, which gain a minimum 220 (in PvP) shield strength from getting 1k more magicka while simultaneously granting you crit immunity which is worth far more than medium armor's 19% mitigation.

Vigor is just bad compared to other forms of defense, no matter how you look at it. It used to work fine in conjunction with dodge rolls (and cloak->Vigor, combo which was needlessly removed by ZOS), but we all know how bad dodge rolling is now.

Now you pretty much have to play a permablock tank build to really survive things with Vigor.

Also, not running 7x Impen on a medium build is madness.

With the front loaded CP, no point in running 7 impen when you can get some benefit from having 2 pieces in other traits and still get to the desired Crit Resist value through CP.

You compare completely different mechanics. Shields and a HoT. Now how much benefit does spell damage give to a shield? None. Heals are affected by both Stamina and Weapon damage. How much does a shield benefit from Minor Vitality/Mending or Major Vitality/Mending? Not at all. Heals, in this case Vigor, has so much more modifiers than a shield that its basically normal and absolutely logical that 1K stamina/magicka doesn't give the same amount of benefit to these defensive mechanics. So you can't compare the two at all.

So your post doesn't illustrate in any way why Vigor is ***. An HoT isn't meant to be your only Heal. You can compare defensive mechanics all you like, in most cases they aren't comparable, since each one has a different function.

And no, Vigor is not a terrible heal, in fact its one of the best HoTs in the game in pretty much every application, not to mention that its also an AoE that can heal up to 6 targets. I would not call this *** at all.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@NightbladeMechanics
    @Zendran
    @Blobsky

Thanks,

I don't really see why NB would ever need more healing, just get more damage... no need to increase chance enemy 1 shots you by adding another dot, when you can already heal so easily

I think it depends on your build. I'm absolutely never getting 1 shot and I run max mag + mag recovery food. Since I'm never getting 1 shot and healing ward is broken strong but terribly expensive, my build can always use more healing. Basically my goal is to go from dangerous levels of health to full within 2-3 GCD while healing ward shield holds and I go back offensive, by increasing my healing I lower the window my opponent has to burst in. This means I can more reliably set up combos and put out damage, increasing my own burst window. This in turn lowers the amount of damage that I need to run to be effective, allowing me to run utility for myself or a small group.

Furthermore, major mending(resto heavies)+minor mending+lingering health/speed pot+lights champion = don't die. That's only reliable to get off in small group play though.

That's the beauty of mageblade though, so many different viable playstyles.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 25, 2017 4:21PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EdTerra wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    They need to make this scale with highest stat, siphoning tree offers extremely little to stamblades.

+ vigor + 2h heal + perma dodgeroll ? No Thx.

You just listed the 2 shittiest heals in the entire game and a useless defense mechanic circumvented by over 90% of the skills in game, nicely done.

Okay... Vigor isn't a *** heal. I don't know why you'd say that. Its an HoT which is what makes it so powerful as it can make the different between being bursted down and shrugging it off. A burst heal wouldn't save you in that situation. And on top of that, you don't need burst heals all the time so Rally is more or less fine for that function. I main a stamblade, but at some point you just have to be realistic. You can't claim something is *** when its not.

I kinda agree on the perma dodge thing though. Block is way more useful these days. Might actually be worth it to switch from a few Well-fitted pieces to Sturdy.

It is though, especially when you compare it to other defensive abilities.

Do you know how much getting 1k more stamina adds to your Vigor?

18. 18 (37 in PvE) Health/Second. Or 90 Health over 5 seconds.

Even getting a health regen bonus nets you almost 4 times more healing.

Compare that to Hardened Ward/Dampen Magic, which gain a minimum 220 (in PvP) shield strength from getting 1k more magicka while simultaneously granting you crit immunity which is worth far more than medium armor's 19% mitigation.

Vigor is just bad compared to other forms of defense, no matter how you look at it. It used to work fine in conjunction with dodge rolls (and cloak->Vigor, combo which was needlessly removed by ZOS), but we all know how bad dodge rolling is now.

Now you pretty much have to play a permablock tank build to really survive things with Vigor.

Also, not running 7x Impen on a medium build is madness.

With the front loaded CP, no point in running 7 impen when you can get some benefit from having 2 pieces in other traits and still get to the desired Crit Resist value through CP.

You compare completely different mechanics. Shields and a HoT. Now how much benefit does spell damage give to a shield? None. Heals are affected by both Stamina and Weapon damage. How much does a shield benefit from Minor Vitality/Mending or Major Vitality/Mending? Not at all. Heals, in this case Vigor, has so much more modifiers than a shield that its basically normal and absolutely logical that 1K stamina/magicka doesn't give the same amount of benefit to these defensive mechanics. So you can't compare the two at all.

So your post doesn't illustrate in any way why Vigor is ***. An HoT isn't meant to be your only Heal. You can compare defensive mechanics all you like, in most cases they aren't comparable, since each one has a different function.

And no, Vigor is not a terrible heal, in fact its one of the best HoTs in the game in pretty much every application, not to mention that its also an AoE that can heal up to 6 targets. I would not call this *** at all.

You don't get both stamina & weapon damage when choosing your set bonuses, nor does it matter if you focus on weapon damage rather than stamina - shields will still scale better & it'd take over 200% worth of modifiers (healing modifiers medium stamblade gets: 0) just to make them scale equally (as in, Vigor heals over 5s the value that shield gives instantly). Needless to say, that is impossible (Major+Minor Mending & Major +Minor Vitality=71% to healing).

When you need to waste bar space finding other heals to supplement your Vigor, then it's quite clear that the skill is weak and doesn't carry you alone like Hardened Ward/Dampen Magic/Honor the Dead & so many other, better skills.

It being an AoE has zero relevance in my case, I'd trade it for a better single target self heal available to a stamblade in a heartbeat.

Also, if you run a medium stamblade and don't run 7 Impen, you're pretty much free AP in PvP not only to Soul Assaults & undodgeable shite, but other stam builds as well.
    I run 7 impen & 41 points in Resistant, and it's still not enough to survive in medium vs undodgeable bs.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    @kendellking_chaosb14_ESO I don't know why anyone would heal more than one person with this. I can definitely think of a GREAT fight to use it on though- HoF last boss where the group is running around and the tank stays on the boss. As someone who has tanked this fight (admittedly only normal), this was possibly the biggest "oh ***" test I've faced. Even the warrior is easier from what I've done so far.

Imagine if a nightblade could fire and forget this skill and save me from using GDB three times in 4 seconds. :)

But that’s would I mean. I main a stamina Nightblade and I have four Nightblades my favorite class by far but I would leave a group in HoF if I had a Nightblade healer. Lack of range burst heals. I only do Vet runs and HM most of the time. Need the best is Role.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@NightbladeMechanics
    @Zendran
    @Blobsky

Thanks,

I spent hours, between both ps4 and pc, trying to replicate agony (both morphs) ignoring battle spirit. I was unable to confirm it.
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭

@NightbladeMechanics
    @Zendran
    @Blobsky

Thanks,

I think it depends on your build. I'm absolutely never getting 1 shot and I run max mag + mag recovery food. Since I'm never getting 1 shot and healing ward is broken strong but terribly expensive, my build can always use more healing. Basically my goal is to go from dangerous levels of health to full within 2-3 GCD while healing ward shield holds and I go back offensive, by increasing my healing I lower the window my opponent has to burst in. This means I can more reliably set up combos and put out damage, increasing my own burst window. This in turn lowers the amount of damage that I need to run to be effective, allowing me to run utility for myself or a small group.

Furthermore, major mending(resto heavies)+minor mending+lingering health/speed pot+lights champion = don't die. That's only reliable to get off in small group play though.

That's the beauty of mageblade though, so many different viable playstyles.

also, if you have enough recovery you can also use this new skill instead of using siphonning attack and still have siphonning passive (8% max mag), this skill will be better against axe bleed+oblivion/burning enchants opponent even if they are also using defile, it's my worst match up and this new skill is welcome to help me ;d

but minor mending's morph is useless if you'r not using other HoTs IMO, why ? because minor mending increase 8% healing but also damage, or it would be less than 50%
    I've compare every healing tick to my damage tick and it's always 50% so I think minor mending's morph is nice if you have other HoTs like strife/refreshing/mutagen but the 35% morph is much better if you don't.
    Edited by EdTerra on September 25, 2017 7:00PM
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SanTii.92 is that a fully buffed, fully leveled tooltip?

That ability is entirely unimpressive after Battle Spirit and the Oblivion dot, but in order to draw conclusions, I need to make sure that's as large as the hot gets. I take it the morphed ability will heal for the same amount but grant Minor Mending?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SanTii.92 is that a fully buffed, fully leveled tooltip?

That ability is entirely unimpressive after Battle Spirit and the Oblivion dot, but in order to draw conclusions, I need to make sure that's as large as the hot gets. I take it the morphed ability will heal for the same amount but grant Minor Mending?

A more reasonable tooltip is about 32k over 10 seconds. 800 HPS directly, plus 10% on all your other heals, I'm personally running leeching, path, and funnel so that's about 3500 hps(?) so its adding ~1150 HPS before factoring in crit modifier. For math's sake let's say 50% crit(I'm almost at 60, but whatever) and 1.75 CHD(a bit low, but again whatever). That's an extra 1580 HPS after the oblivion damage or ~40% increase. I think you should test it, its really nice and you certainly notice a huge difference when its up versus when its not. Playing mageblade on live I find myself wishing for that little extra juice.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 26, 2017 3:57AM