The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

magblades..the New Agony skill does oblivion dmg to you . LOL

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on whether or not the new skill would help revitalize NB sap tanks?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Here it is ladies and gents, the second strongest, non ult heal over time tick, only rivaled by Nature's Embrace.
    9tkelh2avcdy.png
    Magblades, rejoice.

@SanTii.92 Wait, so this can be used on yourself for essentially a 16.5K non-crit HoT that also can grant you Minor Mending or even more heals (since less damage taken)? No way. If so that is absolutely insane.

I thought Nature's Embrace was strong but this is a simple-to-cast version which is useable without an ally being there. Time for everyone to role Heavy Armor Nightblades now :neutral: Nightblades were already the most popular class since forever thanks to Stamblades having high burst, and ofc being the primary rogue-like class with everything needed to gank. Now we'll probably see Magblades used a lot as well. This is an incredible heal.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 21, 2017 7:39PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Here it is ladies and gents, the second strongest, non ult heal over time tick, only rivaled by Nature's Embrace.
    9tkelh2avcdy.png
    Magblades, rejoice.

@SanTii.92 Wait, so this can be used on yourself for essentially a 16.5K non-crit HoT that also can grant you Minor Mending or even more heals (since less damage taken)? No way. If so that is absolutely insane.

I thought Nature's Embrace was strong but this is a simple-to-cast version which is useable without an ally being there. Time for everyone to role Heavy Armor Nightblades now :neutral: Nightblades were already the most popular class since forever thanks to Stamblades having high burst, and ofc being the primary rogue-like class with everything needed to gank. Now we'll probably see Magblades used a lot as well. This is an incredible heal.

It is actually very strong if you pair it with a matching build. I have something in mind that would work with this, inspired from @derra of course :lol:
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    9tkelh2avcdy.png
    Magblades, rejoice.

"SanTii.92" Wait, so this can be used on yourself for essentially a 16.5K non-crit HoT that also can grant you Minor Mending or even more heals (since less damage taken)? No way. If so that is absolutely insane.

It is actually very strong if you pair it with a matching build. I have something in mind that would work with this, inspired from derra of course :lol:

I think everyone has something in mind for this skill assuming it goes Live this way. Nightblades just got the most insane HoT of any class especially for practical use. It's funny because this thread is framed as another "omg look at ZOS nerfing us poor NBs" thread when in reality this skill (if what actual testers are saying is true) is very, very strong.

Does it scale well enough for a Stamblade to use effectively?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    9tkelh2avcdy.png
    Magblades, rejoice.

"SanTii.92" Wait, so this can be used on yourself for essentially a 16.5K non-crit HoT that also can grant you Minor Mending or even more heals (since less damage taken)? No way. If so that is absolutely insane.

It is actually very strong if you pair it with a matching build. I have something in mind that would work with this, inspired from derra of course :lol:

I think everyone has something in mind for this skill assuming it goes Live this way. Nightblades just got the most insane HoT of any class especially for practical use. It's funny because this thread is framed as another "omg look at ZOS nerfing us poor NBs" thread when in reality this skill (if what actual testers are saying is true) is very, very strong.

Hell no, it's garbage on stamblade. I tested it even with one of those "hybrid" sets & posted results on the Nightblade feedback thread - Vigor is twice stronger.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EdTerra wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    They need to make this scale with highest stat, siphoning tree offers extremely little to stamblades.

+ vigor + 2h heal + perma dodgeroll ? No Thx.

You just listed the 2 shittiest heals in the entire game and a useless defense mechanic circumvented by over 90% of the skills in game, nicely done.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SanTii.92 how are you able to get 40k heal ? on PTS my tooltip like barely 20k.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scales *** as do all skills that go with magicka/spelldmg
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9tkelh2avcdy.png
    Magblades, rejoice.

its a subterfuge tactic, what theyre really saying is "let this go live unadjusted" :P
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Any thoughts on whether or not the new skill would help revitalize NB sap tanks?

Probably not cause of sustain issues. Iirc sap tanks died with the change to siphoning attacks since they no longer could sustain both resources.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Need to test this with Song of Lamae (i.e. when you take damage, deal damage to the attacker, the attacker is you) can this cause even more self-damage? Would be funny if that's the case :tongue:

If there was only a set in which you could sacrifice yourself to give a huge amount of burst healing and hots in the area. Kinda like a bombblade, but you heal instead of DMG lol.

They should have put this skill in the soul shriven skill line.

That's not a bad idea, actually.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Need to test this with Song of Lamae (i.e. when you take damage, deal damage to the attacker, the attacker is you) can this cause even more self-damage? Would be funny if that's the case :tongue:

If there was only a set in which you could sacrifice yourself to give a huge amount of burst healing and hots in the area. Kinda like a bombblade, but you heal instead of DMG lol.

They should have put this skill in the soul shriven skill line.

That's not a bad idea, actually.

Well, we are night blades after all, it's in our nature lol
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    @SanTii.92 how are you able to get 40k heal ? on PTS my tooltip like barely 20k.
    Maybe it's scale better spell damage more instead of magica?
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭

probably full buffed tooltip to make it look like OP, I have around 20k too with necro+shackle+3 spell damage glyph
    DDuke wrote: »
    They need to make this scale with highest stat, siphoning tree offers extremely little to stamblades.

You just listed the 2 shittiest heals in the entire game and a useless defense mechanic circumvented by over 90% of the skills in game, nicely done.

sorry, I'm melee magblade, I play with the 10% other skills in game, only my ultimate is undogeable (and ofc no lotus fan or sap, because useless 90% of the time)

and this new skill is basically a magicka vigor "one of the shiettiest heal in the entire game"
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    It's cool @lexxypwns we gotta get you NBs 100 to 0 in one go anyway lol, a healing buff doesn't change that any!

It's a total game changer for my build, ATM my biggest threat is major defile. I'll be adding like 30% to my incoming healing from this skill, at least, that basically means major defile just resets me to the already great healing I have on live.

This is a giant buff to mageblade, like, huge.

I wouldn't call it a yuge buff for magblade, don't do a KenaPKK like when we got the syphoning attacks healing :lol:

It's going to be good in certain situations. I am almost positive I won't be using it in my build, as I have no space and I balance my builds around 1v1 when I first create them so that skill has absolutely no place in there.

I'm sure it will be good for your build, of course, but categorizing it as a "giant huge buff" isn't really true.

If you say so, after some testing, with the specific build I run, adding healthy offering increases my overall HPS by close to 40% before taking into account the damage it does. That's an ~30% increase to the healing I currently have. If that's not a giant huge buff then idk what is. My mageblade is pushing out more HPS than stamina builds are getting combining rally and vigor and has access to healing ward to protect from burst. Again, if that's not a giant buff to you that's cool, but it is for me.

Also, Kena was right, having healing attached to siphoning is a big deal.

A huge buff would imply anyone not running that skill would be missing out on something. I know for a fact I'm not able to run in in duels, which is 90% of my magblade playtime, and when I pvp I mostly solo in cyro or play BGs with a healer. None of those scenarios would be improved by me running a skill that gives me major mending. You are obviously talking bs, as I said: the build is good for your play style.

How will this skill help a destro/resto shieldblade? Oh wait, it wouldn't.

Same thing goes for healing on syphoning attacks. Healing on that was such a "huge buff" that kena rerolled to dual wield just sayin (no disrespect to kena, he's a great player!).

Kena rerolled dual wield for a change of pace not because he felt dw was in any way superior, he's said as much.

This skill + funnel is enough to negate shieldbreaker, which is the only hard counter to destro/resto mageblade. Not being able to fit it or not having direct synergy with your build doesn't mean that your build won't see a survivability increase. Plus, it's cheaper than a second shield and when combined with native NB heals - path, funnel, and siphoning - it is enough to eliminate the need for said shield. That begins a cascading effect whereby the added sustain from not shield stacking can allow you to incorporate more damage or utility into your build, this doesn't necessarily apply to dueling since you have limited need of utility.

You're simply trying to argue semantics, however large you classify it, access to minor mending and another HoT is a buff and this skill is very strong and worth a bar slot on a lot of builds.

@Subversus I usually am the healer as mageblade in BGs and pop off 1m damage easily in that role. That's what is so awesome about mageblade, it's so versatile you can do so much with it and that's what's great about this change, it eliminated a ranged disorient, which sucks to do imo, but it opened up a skill that will likely see much wider use and diversify the tool kit even more
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 22, 2017 12:33AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Probably not cause of sustain issues. Iirc sap tanks died with the change to siphoning attacks since they no longer could sustain both resources.

I had enjoyed sap tanking in pve to level undaunted on my magblade, but this was pre-siphon nerf. I'd really enjoy a pvp sap tank I think, so I keep pondering ways to make them viable. Ganking on my magblade is like fishing with dynamite... non-gank damage magblade just eludes me. :/
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine an Argonian sap tank is still viable as a troll tank in PVP, but a true sap tank of yesteryear could get kills too.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

probably full buffed tooltip to make it look like OP, I have around 20k too with necro+shackle+3 spell damage glyph

sorry, I'm melee magblade, I play with the 10% other skills in game, only my ultimate is undogeable (and ofc no lotus fan or sap, because useless 90% of the time)

and this new skill is basically a magicka vigor "one of the shiettiest heal in the entire game"

you forgot you need to have 2h weapon to use heal from this and dont forget to get decent burst heal from it you need to wait minimu 15 seconds after cast to recast it for this decent burst heal while also ZOS did enough expensive cost for vigor to call it *** while itself this heals isnt powerfull in medium armor and about perm dodge you need special build to only dodge ignoring your damage buff from sets etc and at all you wouldn perma dodge because of penalty with not to mention how more and more undodgable skills are incomming with almost every patch
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »

you forgot you need to have 2h weapon to use heal from this and dont forget to get decent burst heal from it you need to wait minimu 15 seconds after cast to recast it for this decent burst heal while also ZOS did enough expensive cost for vigor to call it *** while itself this heals isnt powerfull in medium armor and about perm dodge you need special build to only dodge ignoring your damage buff from sets etc and at all you wouldn perma dodge because of penalty with not to mention how more and more undodgable skills are incomming with almost every patch

you forgot you need resto staff to get healing ward, and the only mechanic who save us is the shield himself (no crit no penetration is an heavy damage reduction) not the heal because 90% of the time you'r ward is down before the heal. you have to cast it like 2/3 time in a row (heavy cost) playing only defensive until you get some heal from the cast if you want to survive.
    and with the bug even if you have you'r shield, you can't be sure to get healed...

most of us are not even using dampen/harness and this new skill is a really good thing to play this way, better going HoT than shield on mageblade

I know you'r feeling I was so mad about the "***" vigor's release who outhealed our damage for 2+ years (for mageblades who played at the time, you'r complain is almost shameful), but don't worry you will not know this in this patch especially as stamblade, this new skill is not even better than vigor

there is to many undogeable/unblockable skill now in this game, and this is the issue, not vigor or 2h heal
    just imagine if most of skill were oblivion damage, healing ward would be completly useless...
    [EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    9tkelh2avcdy.png
    Magblades, rejoice.

Don't know where are you getting your info from but I found only one website with eso statistics (first position in google) and according to it the most played max level class is sorc then nb, templar and dk.
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    9tkelh2avcdy.png
    Magblades, rejoice.

@SanTii.92
    what exactly was your gear set up to get this tooltip? the best i can manage is around 31k buffed on my necro+shackle+1 pc domihaus set up at level 4 of healthy offering.

leveling up the skill does improve the tooltip btw, if only by around 1k ish
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this scale off max health since it costs health? If it scales off magicka will there be a stamina version?
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9tkelh2avcdy.png
    Magblades, rejoice.

23.6K self damage over 10 seconds? That's just what my healer was looking for!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denyiir wrote: »
    9tkelh2avcdy.png
    Magblades, rejoice.

Don't know where are you getting your info from but I found only one website with eso statistics (first position in google) and according to it the most played max level class is sorc then nb, templar and dk.

The first position on Google.... :open_mouth: Wow, well that's quite a reputable source you've got there. Can't argue with that.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    9tkelh2avcdy.png
    Magblades, rejoice.

Well, it's really only 20k (+crits) for the Minor Mending morph & 14k (+crits) for the other one - the tooltips are bugged currently and go up with things like points in Master-at-Arms or when you buff yourself with Major/Minor Berserk.

The actual values are 50% of healing done for the Minor Mending morph & 35% of healing done for the other one.

One thing worth noting though: if you cast it on someone with a ton of +healing taken modifiers, things could get interesting...
    Edited by DDuke on September 22, 2017 9:14PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not saying his tool tip is "inflated" but there are many people that are complaining about the skill that have not tested it at all, then there are those that have gone in and tested it and still are underwhelmed. The truth is these guys are trying to see the worth of the skill with a skill / gear setup that is not really going to push this ability to its potential.

Id like for him to chime in but im going to assume its showing an increase both with blessed cp, and other healing done modifiers that most offensive magblades dont generally invest into.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are in for a rude awakening if you thing in its current form, this is going to be in any way deserving of a "shittiest heal in the entire game" moniker.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    9tkelh2avcdy.png
    Magblades, rejoice.

Well, it's really only 20k (+crits) for the Major Mending morph & 14k (+crits) for the other one - the tooltips are bugged currently and go up with things like points in Master-at-Arms or when you buff yourself with Major/Minor Berserk.

The actual values are 50% of healing done for the Major Mending morph & 35% of healing done for the other one.

One thing worth noting though: if you cast it on someone with a ton of +healing taken modifiers, things could get interesting...

just wanted to make sure no one gets the wrong idea here who may not be in the know, its minor mending not major. And i would like to test it to see if it snap shots the tool tip value for how damage it calculates its going to deal to you, of if its dynamic per tick and from healing received modifiers.
    Edited by exeeter702 on September 22, 2017 8:59PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

You are in for a rude awakening if you thing in its current form, this is going to be in any way deserving of a "shittiest heal in the entire game" moniker.

It's the mageblades best class heal
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

It's the mageblades best class heal

indeed it is.