The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wake up people ! Transmutaion is not for lazy scrubs.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Juhasow

Absolutely agree with the title of this thread.

Many alchemists have historically died trying to transmute lead into gold, going back to transmutation's origins in Ancient Arabia. However, wise men learned from the sacrifice of their fallen brethren and paved the way for mathematics and modern medicine.

regarding the title of the thread - i find tossing in lazy scrubs to be unnecessarily slamming "people" not game elements -
    which is not normally a thing we do with impunity around here.

but as for the point that was made by ZOS and cited in that OP.

ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    The new Transmutation system is intended as a way to assist you in obtaining the trait you desire for your gear as you play, but not be the primary way to obtain it. You'll obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in, but it isn't meant to be something you get immediately. We want you to feel like you have a way to eventually get the trait you want.

to me the key aspect there is the italicized part.

Sure, you are not supposed to get a re-trait immediately and have to accumulate the crystals and that to me makes perfect sense. They are not going to invalidate a lot of in-game system with a quickie replacement. just like those wanting housing storage (includes me) are not going to see a massive easy storage addition that invalidates the other options.

But the element that is more important to me in her post is that it is intended to be gathered and worked toward while running the content you are already running.

That was part of the reason i decided to speak out about why it is bad that the first pass at it cutting out so much of the quest content that is core to the game from that very "You'll obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in" opportunity.

And why i will keep doing so throughout the playtest feedback period.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    @Juhasow

Many alchemists have historically died trying to transmute lead into gold, going back to transmutation's origins in Ancient Arabia. However, wise men learned from the sacrifice of their fallen brethren and paved the way for mathematics and modern medicine.

regarding the title of the thread - i find tossing in lazy scrubs to be unnecessarily slamming "people" not game elements -

The new Transmutation system is intended as a way to assist you in obtaining the trait you desire for your gear as you play, but not be the primary way to obtain it. You'll obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in, but it isn't meant to be something you get immediately. We want you to feel like you have a way to eventually get the trait you want.

Sure, you are not supposed to get a re-trait immediately and have to accumulate the crystals and that to me makes perfect sense. They are not going to invalidate a lot of in-game system with a quickie replacement. just like those wanting housing storage (includes me) are not going to see a massive easy storage addition that invalidates the other options.

But the element that is more important to me in her post is that it is intended to be gathered and worked toward while running the content you are already running.

That was part of the reason i decided to speak out about why it is bad that the first pass at it cutting out so much of the quest content that is core to the game from that very "You'll obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in" opportunity.

What traits are questers trying to change, though? With the rate and the reward placement, it's very clear that these were only introduced to be viable for the worst of the worst grinds - monster shoulders, vma/md/ia weapons, stuff like that. This isn't some reward to the whole playerbase for being loyal or something, this is a calculated change with a fixed objective. Crystals are set up in such a way that they're not worth using for changing quest gear pieces that you'd otherwise buy from a guild store for 5k.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Juhasow

What traits are questers trying to change, though? With the rate and the reward placement, it's very clear that these were only introduced to be viable for the worst of the worst grinds - monster shoulders, vma/md/ia weapons, stuff like that. This isn't some reward to the whole playerbase for being loyal or something, this is a calculated change with a fixed objective. Crystals are set up in such a way that they're not worth using for changing quest gear pieces that you'd otherwise buy from a guild store for 5k.

sure, no problem, lets play along... there is a harpy feather shirt as a quest reward named uniquely that comes only in ornate. there is a set shield in rift as a quest reward that only comes in impen.

i will promise you a half million million gold plus 100 kuta to give me one of the shirts **not transmuted** but in sturdy.

you got one?

you got one in the guild stores?

wait... you mean you cant just get whatever you want from guild stores... its not just "otherwise buy from a guild store for 5k.""

And not sure where you got 5k. I might be wanting to do this for a necro ilighting sharp or precise which seem to run a lot more than 5k - last i looked most were six figures.

or maybe you were right... maybe you see 5k lighting necor cp160 staves all the time. i will offer you 50k for five of them right now, green or blue or whatever. Thats twice your claimed 5k? You got them ready, boxed up? or was 5k... less than reflective of what one might use re-trait on overland pieces for that drop from questing content?

it really does not matter whether or not you agree with the choice to gather crystals in the content i am questing and use them for something you find silly like say a better harpy feather shirt or my own necro staff not in decisive... cuz me doing so wont hurt you. The pace of gain from main zone questing for crystals i propose is significantly slower than the rate from the other mid to lower end of the content that is slated to grant crystals "for content you are already running."

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Juhasow

sure, no problem, lets play along... there is a harpy feather shirt as a quest reward named uniquely that comes only in ornate. there is a set shield in rift as a quest reward that only comes in impen.

i will promise you a half million million gold plus 100 kuta to give me one of the shirts **not transmuted** but in sturdy.

you got one?

wait... you mean you cant just get whatever you want from guild stores... its not just "otherwise buy from a guild store for 5k.""

And not sure where you got 5k. I might be wanting to do this for a necro ilighting sharp or precise which seem to run a lot more than 5k - last i looked most were six figures.

or maybe you were right... maybe you see 5k lighting necor cp160 staves all the time. i will offer you 50k for five of them right now, green or blue or whatever. Thats twice your claimed 5k? You got them ready, boxed up? or was 5k... less than reflective of what one might use re-trait on overland pieces for that drop from questing content?

it really does not matter whether or not you agree with the choice to gather crystals in the content i am questing and use them for something you find silly like say a better harpy feather shirt or my own necro staff not in decisive... cuz me doing so wont hurt you. The pace of gain from main zone questing for crystals i propose is significantly slower than the rate from the other mid to lower end of the content that is slated to grant crystals "for content you are already running."

Do you truly believe that getting your harpy sweater or necro staff in a different trait will improve your experience in quests or normal dungeons?

Frankly, a shirt made of feathers that was called "sturdy" would really ruin my immersion.
    Edited by theamazingx on September 22, 2017 5:11PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Juhasow

you got one?

Do you truly believe that getting your harpy sweater or necro staff in a different trait will improve your experience in quests or normal dungeons?

Frankly, a shirt made of feathers that was called "sturdy" would really ruin my immersion.

If by "experience" you mean "enjoyment level" the answer is YES.

i can tell you absolutely that heading into 1T i held off finishing the harpy quest in alikir on two characters because i wanted the "cool harpy shirt" as a set piece in cp160... and then when it dropped in only ornate i was very disappointed.

Course, along the way they also removed its unique look so... another downer.

but again, you do not have to share my preferences for fun, any more than you have to enjoy butter pecan, to allow the questing content players to "obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in" or let stores sell butter pecan to those who want it.

it wont hurt you if i wear harpy feathers in sturdy or in infused or even inpen... really... i doubt you are allergic to harpy feathers.

There is so much stigma around harpies because, as we know, once you get harpies you never get rid of them.
    hercules said that, i am pretty sure.

as for your immersion, if it can survive a silk shirt called "impenetrable" it can likely survive sturdy feathers.

Edited by STEVIL on September 22, 2017 5:24PM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Juhasow

you got one?

i can tell you absolutely that heading into 1T i held off finishing the harpy quest in alikir on two characters because i wanted the "cool harpy shirt" as a set piece in cp160... and then when it dropped in only ornate i was very disappointed.

but again, you do not have to share my preferences for fun, any more than you have to enjoy butter pecan, to allow the questing content players to "obtain Transmutation Crystals as you play the content you're already participating in" or let stores sell butter pecan to those who want it.

it wont hurt you if i wear harpy feathers in sturdy or in infused or even inpen... really... i doubt you are allergic to harpy feathers.

There is so much stigma around harpies because, as we know, once you get harpies you never get rid of them.

as for your immersion, if it can survive a silk shirt called "impenetrable" it can likely survive sturdy feathers.

Okay, so you want it for aesthetic when you pass your mouse over it once and a while. Great. There's an addon out there that will let you rename traits however you want, in this case Ornate to Sturdy. Same effect. Even better, actually, because it won't stamp the ugly Transmuted icon onto the tooltip like the crystals will. You're welcome.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1634-Preposterous.html

Edited by theamazingx on September 22, 2017 5:32PM
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is great that they added this to PVP rewards. Thanks ZOS!! On that note any idea how many crystals you get for finishing top 2% in the 30 day campaign? I would hope a decent amount because it is quite a bit of time invested to accomplish this relative to dungeons/trials.
    Edited by montiferus on September 22, 2017 6:26PM
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    A big problem with PVP in ESO is the PVE grind. Now, you might think, well, "if you don't like it, don't play." Well, that's what PVP players do.. err.. don't do.. and that's the problem. :p A big reason ESO PVP is so unpopular is because players would prefer to not play ESO at all than to have to grind in order to feel competitive in PVP.

Transmutation requires Transmute Crystals, precious resources occasionally received for successfully completing Veteran PvE activities such as Pledges, Trials, and Arenas, and several PvP sources such as Rewards for the Worthy, Battleground end of match rewards, and AvA end of campaign rewards.
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Juhasow

you got one?

Okay, so you want it for aesthetic when you pass your mouse over it once and a while. Great. There's an addon out there that will let you rename traits however you want, in this case Ornate to Sturdy. Same effect. Even better, actually, because it won't stamp the ugly Transmuted icon onto the tooltip like the crystals will. You're welcome.

you know that veiled condescension towards those with other preferences just does not work for me so... you have a good time.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Juhasow

you got one?

you know that veiled condescension towards those with other preferences just does not work for me so... you have a good time.

This is an honest question. Do you think just because a feature exists in the game that you should be able to get it just because you log in? If all you want is the trait to look different there are many tools to facilitate that. If you actually want to reap the benefits of it you have to work for it.

In all honestly I believe that transmutation should be reserved for people doing serious content. They are investing time and energy to be better players and they are rewarded. I don't have anything against the casuals of the game. Yeah you spend hours or days mindlessly questing to enjoy the content the way you see fit. Expecting to be rewarded just because you couldn't be bothered to invest 20 mins to learn your class to do better content is just entitlement.

I'm sure you don't care and are just mad cos ZOS didn't give you the new "shiny". For that all i would say is "Git Gud".
    I play how I want to.

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STEVIL
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but any item that is "named" also has a companion non-named version for the same piece. So if you don't like the trait on the named item you can get the non-named version. To make an argument that the dev team should allocate resources to making sure that someone can retrait a named item because they'd prefer to use that over the non-named version is seriously the most asinine argument I have ever heard.

And if you're going to say "I'm talking about non-set pieces" then you'll show just how absolutely foolish you are acting. Choosing to RP and choosing to build efficiently never have and never will be identical. Just look at things like race choice. Either choose to play a Khajiit magicka user because you lover being a cat-person and don't care that the racial bonuses are sub-par for magicka users. Or forego your cat love and role a High Elf to maximize your stats. This is the way things are. Deal with it.
    Edited by dpencil1 on September 22, 2017 7:28PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    @STEVIL
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but any item that is "named" also has a companion non-named version for the same piece. So if you don't like the trait on the named item you can get the non-named version. To make an argument that the dev team should allocate resources to making sure that someone can retrait a named item because they'd prefer to use that over the non-named version is seriously the most asinine argument I have ever heard.

Again, you or i do not have to agree with someone's preferences or enjoyment for various content types to *allow* them to gain it.

I don't have to enjoy PVP play myself to be Ok that the devs spend time to let PVP players obtain crystals while playing the content they were already playing.
    I don't have to enjoy trials and leaderboard scores chasing play to be Ok with devs spending time to let those players of that content obtain cryatals while they arew running that content or even to be Ok with them now changing the amounts of crystals for the leaderboards and trials to be more than the vet pledges, if that is seen to be appropriate.

Similarly, you don't have to be fond of questing content to be Ok with the devs spending time to allow the players of that content to gain crystals while doing the content they are already doing.

What they then use it for, or you use it for, or others use it for, is up to them. if you don't like the harpy feathers, fine. if you don't like the impen shield, fine. But even you might understand the desire to use crystalks to avoid a six figure payout.... not **replacing it** as a means any more than crystals **replace** trait grinding but as it is for each case augmenting it, giving you an alternative through means of an additional reward added to the existing content without making that content more difficult in the process.

Day after CWC drops, your pledges will provide you with crystals that they did not before.
    Day after CWC drops your trials will do the same.
    Day after CWC drops your PVP will do the same.
    Day after CWC drops the main body of content PVE in the game - main zone questing and core questlines - should as well.

What the players then do with it after that is up to them. They dont have to ask permission or approval.

This is a feedback period, not a finished game change... plenty of things will be changed between now and then and they don't all have to make sense to you. My bet is time spent on furnishing stuff between now and then will not make sense to a lot of folks who don't see the housing content as "worthy" or "sensible" either.

My bet is one or more things you don't like will be changed or changed to things you dont like between noww and CWC live but i think you will survive.

i know i will.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Juhasow

you got one?

This is an honest question. Do you think just because a feature exists in the game that you should be able to get it just because you log in? If all you want is the trait to look different there are many tools to facilitate that. If you actually want to reap the benefits of it you have to work for it.

In all honestly I believe that transmutation should be reserved for people doing serious content. They are investing time and energy to be better players and they are rewarded. I don't have anything against the casuals of the game. Yeah you spend hours or days mindlessly questing to enjoy the content the way you see fit. Expecting to be rewarded just because you couldn't be bothered to invest 20 mins to learn your class to do better content is just entitlement.

I'm sure you don't care and are just mad cos ZOS didn't give you the new "shiny". For that all i would say is "Git Gud".

this is a serrious answer - did you read any of my proposal or just toss out words?

RE the bold first bold - my proposal asks for the crystals to drop for running content folks are already running *just as GINA describes* but for that to include the completion of an entire zone's main questline (5-7 major multi-step quests usually taking at least an hour) to drop one crystal as additional reward for the same content.

That is exactly what will happen if a four man team runs a daily vet pledge - except they will get four crystals - one each - and will likely get it done in half the time. They will run the same content they ran before and get an extra crystal maybe every half horu of content played thru. Same here except its two hours and its not a daily.

So, what part of that in anyway makes you think i want to get it just by logging in?

How does my A lead to your B?

Second bold - do you realize that the bolded sentence is really put to lie by every other sentence in that paragraph you wrote where you set one group above and cannot resist throwing in digs at the other?

Why toss in the line about having nothing against them if every other sentence either says someone else is better than them or insults them?

But more to the point, there are likely quite a few players who dont think PVP is worthwhile or that PVP players and should not be rewarded for their content. That however is not good reason for ZOS to cut PVP players out of this reward and if they had, i would argue for that inclusion.

I am even arguing at other places or at least suggesting that crafting esp master crafting should have a place here too - either letting the same passive that reduces temper reduce crystals or having a writ voucher purchasable that can reduce but not fully replace the crystal cost.

transmute is something that lots and lots of people wanted, not just BoP and PVP guys.

The whole "the game i play is more worthy than yours" stuff is really getting tired - especially when it lets the bit about the dissing the "players" (coudln't be bothered) sneak past the "content" blind.

ZOS has a good chance to show whetyher ot not your attitude and opinion about "those" players and "that" content is also their attitude and opinion.

I hope they choose the right way.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I wonder which opinion of the main questlines content and the players that complete that content you folks at ZOSwill decide to tacitly endorse by your decision on whether or not to include main zone quests (full Caldwell) as worthy to obtain crystals by doing the content you already are."

Edited by STEVIL on September 22, 2017 8:03PM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you see a post

i dont do vet content & i dont do PvP how am i supposed to get the crystals

if you dont do vet content OR PvP you dont need the bloody crystals

you do not need best in slot for standing by a wayshirine gossiping! FML

Since those already running vet content, trials, pvp have been doing so for abc long already and likely will continue for the next 4-5 weeks without crystals, obviously they don't **need** the crystals either... they just want them.

**need** is not the threshold for getting included in a part of the game that can help you enjoy it more.

Well, it usually isn't until say someone wants something kept away from others.

just thinking out loud... wonder if the six figure prices on well traited staves of necropotence (to name one of several) has anything to do with some folks being hellbent on keeping questers from getting into the re-trait game?

i keep trying to find who would be hurt if they were included... is this six figure payday a "victim" if questers get the re-trait? Re-traited cant be sold but if questers can re-trait thats one potential customer gone.

one day @STEVIL i really hope you will learn to read someones post before posting a sanctamonius rant at them

for the record im not a farmer/seller, i farm my own gear not that it matters

there is a huge diffrence in difficulty between banished cells 1 on vet (which i can solo) and a vet trial. sure i dont NEED bis armour/weapons to farm banished cells but i need them if im going to improve my DPS enough to do a vet trial as a DD instead of as a tank/healer

Whether or not you personally are a seller is not an issue I have not got any stake in but thanks for sharing.

My,pondering still stands tho - are the 6 figure sell prices perhaps the first identified victims if quarters can re-trait with crystal from questing.

But on another point - you and art is keep wanting to fret and fuss over how many crystal vet trial give vs the vet pledges or whatever. I am not taking a side either way on that but it should be clear I am not one of the "zoos made it this way so should not change" so if you can make the argument that one each is not sufficient for the investment, go for it.

My focus remains on the bigger pile of those who spend much more time questing thru the bulk of the content.

once again you fail to either read or comprehend someones post

make a bunch of random acusations

'bundle me in with other peoples posts

& then throw a little keyboard tantrum becaus people dont 'understand your posts

so lets have a quick recap shall we

i stated that people who log on hang out in a busy city & then log off - ie people who only come on the game for social interaction complaining abount not being able to get crystals is laughable

other peoples comments before or after my cooment (including yours) are irrelevant and yet you have twice now posted a silly little 'rant' directed at me over questing

so since you clearly do care about my opinion on whether questers need access to the trait stones or best in slot weapons as a whole - then here it is
    you do not need them
    i am currently leveling characters on xbox NA - i have NO CP
    i am wearing white gear seducer on my magic characters and ashen grip on my stam characters all training (i have a just hit 4 traits on this server so my options are limited)
    i equip random dropped gear around this

i am able to complete all of the overland content on all of my characters (except world bosses) solo but since there are SO MANY people on NA compared with EU i can post in zone & ask for help with the world bosses and clear them
    once again i am not running bis weapons or armour and i am able to do this with no difficulty

i am currently mentoring a player and in order to explain the mechanics of undaunted dungeons at a pace that is convenient for us, we are currently running dungeons as a group of 2, me on a templar healer (level 32) and they on a stam DK and we are doing an awesome job
    again i am not running bis gear, neither are they but we are able to complete the content with no difficulty

while i feel i would technically be capeable of running normal trial at my current level i have not asked any groups if i can jump in on a run for the simple fact that if i dropped a desirable weapon at the end at a low level i would cry

so to be perfectly honest with you, if you feel that you need BIS weapons in order to do ANY quest in this game then you have bigger problems than rngeebus not favouring you with good drops,
    maybe someone will be kind enough to mentor you and help you out in game
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @stevil

you reference the price of necro lightning staves
    there are no necro ligtning staves as quest rewards ANYWHERE in rivenspire
    so if you are trying to 'equip' your character using only quest reward set items then you have choosen the wrong weapon to use as an example

the transmutations stones are introduced to give people who NEED bis weapons (end game PvEers & PvPers) an ADDITIONAL way to aquire that trait

as someone who likes to run around doing quests you don NOT need bis so you do NOT need easy access to crystals

if you want to wear a visually unique armour piece or weapon but you want it in a different trait, because you role play and part of you character is that you are an adept fighter who has the best weapons in all of tamriel, then act like an adept fighter who deserves the best weapons in all of tamriel & run a vet dungeon
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STEVIL
    Ok. You have a problem that people who are doing overland content don't have access to the crystals. I don't think "quests" are a reasonable place to include them, but I will say that I could imagine World Bosses having a small chance (like 5%) of dropping them. This would benefit those end-game players who are grinding overland content for gear as well as offer a little taste of the system to players going through the zone content.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lostcloud wrote: »

When I logged into my main character on the pts the 30 day campaign rewards were waiting for me, I had 1 greater stone and 5 lesser stones. The greater stone shattered into 40 shards, the lesser shattered into 4 shards each, I was placed around 140 in the rankings so don't know if that will affect the amount you get. With what you will pick up through rewards of the worthy, should be enough to retrait a few items, the next 30 day campaign shouldn't be too far away from ending once this dlc goes live.
    So just go play the game and you will have all the shards you want but I guess too many people have the I want it now mentality. The mentality that is slowly destroying MMO's what some consider grind others do not they just have fun with friends and guild mates but that's a story for another day.

The lesser stones were called Leaders Transmutation Geode, and they stacked in your inventory not in your currency tab, right click on them to use thus shattering them into 4 shards that then appeared in your currency tab. The greater stone I cant remember its exact name as I used it to test out how transmutation worked, this also appeared in your inventory before you shatter it into 40 shards that then also appear in your currency tab.

Does 40 shards equal 1 item re-trait? If so you received 1.5 re-traits for a 30 day campaign or 2 shards per day. Seems a little low to me especially for top 2%. I estimate it takes me roughly 75 hours to get top 2% for the 30 day campaign (about 2.5 hours/day). In that amount of time I could do roughly 92 VMA runs which would yield me 92 shards (assuming 1 shard to 1 completion). I'd be receiving roughly 32 less shards for PVP than PVE. This is all rough math here so maybe my numbers are off but the reward seems a little low for PVP. I guess it would depend upon how many shards you get for the rewards of the worthy in that time frame. Regardless I appreciate the new system which is better than what we had before!

As to your ranking did you get gold items for your reward or purple? I usually just log onto an alt toon, repair a wall and then see my rank to determine where I need to be for top 2%.
    Edited by montiferus on September 22, 2017 8:42PM
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you got one?

I will see that bet and raise you another million gold and 1000 Kuta that you will 100% find a Withered Hand chest piece in a guild store right now. That's the point @theamazingx is making. You can find the piece you want in the trait you want with relative ease. It's not like a grind for that vMA/IA/ETC piece at all.

I guess I'm just not seeing why you would still need to transmute it when you can just buy it. It's not that one with the harpy feather name, but it's the same as far as set pieces go.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Artis

The difference with say you wanting a scarlet costume for the trial or arena and quarters wanting some crystals for finishing zone main quests are:

First, of course some of that content **does** provide things like that. Isn't there a skin for Maw? I am not asking for there to be no rewards separated by content just not the crystal fuel for the new sub-system and for a specific reason.

The reason is the second point, one I mentioned often enough already. The crystals directly apply to and can benefit the rewards given in questing. The main questioned in each zone drop set pieces and frequently uniquely named set pieces in scrappy or sub-optimal traits.

A different costume/skin gained in a trial or arena won't help your maelstrom staff or other piece. But a crystal can definitely help the Naryu weapons or that shield from the Rift.

I'm sorry, but it's just another checkmate. And you are parrying this argument yourself multiple times, for example here:

Yes, the costume will add to my enjoyment. Your harpy feather shirt won't help you either.

Yes the crystals can be applied to those things. No, it's not the most efficient way anyway. Or how many crystals per quest did you want to get?

As for whether or not you want some rewards for chatting with your buds over supper about tomorrows dungeon rub or whatever, you can take up that cause yourself. Its not a cause I am engaging in.
    Maybe I will. But do you agree that I should get PvE or PvP rewards for that? Or crystals?

And what happened to Vvardenfel motifs? Those DO add to my experience in many ways. Not only to my enjoyment of having an achievement completed, but also gives me an option to craft those motifs. Oh, and to receive more master writs when I'm doing writs.

Can I have Vvardenfel motifs (or all new motifs for that matter) without having to do the content that gives them and just keep whatever the content that I like doing? Like - trials, pvp or simply chatting?

Does that sound good for you? Because that's pretty much what you're asking for...
    Day after CWC drops, your pledges will provide you with crystals that they did not before.
    Day after CWC drops your trials will do the same.
    Day after CWC drops your PVP will do the same.
    Day after CWC drops the main body of content PVE in the game - main zone questing and core questlines - should as well.

But I don't do pledge anymore. So I would have to stop doing my content to benefit from it.
    One crystal per week in VHOF? Hardly a lot. And you can easily get 1 crystal per week too by doing quests. See below.

Just like not all my content gives crystals ( as in not every trial run will give me a crystal, let alone how long it takes...), you can still get crystals from your content, just not from all of it. Moreover, if none of us stops doing their content - you will get more crystals than me! TWENTY SIX TIMES MORE crystals than me!

Out of activities that give crystals I only do vHoF, which will give me 1 crystal per week for the weekly quest IF I don't miss it, which for example I wouldn't get this week: we raid Friday and Saturday and I have something to attend on Saturday and that's when my weekly resets (I don't get coffers on Friday, that's how I know). Now I'm not sure how the leaderboard and crystals work, I'm assuming that you get one if you beat your own score because if you don't, you stay in your old position so it doesn't really "place you on the leaderboard. But maybe it gives you a crystal if you're on the weekly leaderboard? Then I'd get 1 crystal per cycle, so I'll just neglect it and won't count it for now.

Now let's look at Gina's comment and count how many crystals you can get while doing quests. Since you're a quester, right? So quests are your content. Well, let me show you how much crystals quests can give you:

As for the current drop rates (which are subject to change since we're on the PTS), you're guaranteed to receive Crystal(s) from the following sources:
    • Veteran Undaunted Pledge
    • Your first completed random Veteran dungeon through the Grouping Tool per day
    • Trial Weekly Quests
    • Leaderboards (AvA, Trials, Arenas, and Battlegrounds)
    • End of Campaign Rewards (both 7-day and 30-day)
    • Veteran Maelstrom Arena
    • Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Additionally, you also have a chance at obtaining Crystals from these sources:
    • Completing additional random Veteran dungeons through the Grouping Tool
    • Final bosses from Normal and Veteran dungeons
    • Rewards for the Worthy

Hope this helps clarify how this system works. Again, remember that we've only been on the PTS with this system for less than 24 hours, so we may further tweak everything before it goes live. Thanks for all the feedback thus far, and keep it coming!

Let's count quests here, shall we? 1. Veteran Undaunted Pledge - these are quests and you can do 3 quests per day for crystals. That's 21 crystal a week. Trial weekly quests. That's 5 more quests. If you do quests in Cyrodiil, you might get enough AP to get end of campaign rewards and have a chance of getting something in rewards for the worthy. Btw, you can get crystals from last dungeon bosses while doing your daily undaunted quests.

There you have it. My content gives me 1 crystal per week, and your content gives you 26 crystals per week!! TWENTY SIX TIMES MORE than my content, and you dare to complain? And you say YOU are the one cut out? Please.

And there is more. There is a repeatable quest in Veteran Maelstrom Arena. That's not a daily quest. It's can be repeated as many times as you want. And coincidentally every completion of Veteran Maelstrom Arena gives you crystals. So you can be playing your content - quests - non-stop and get crystals non stop ON TOP of that 26 crystals we already counted.

TLDR: QUESTS ALREADY GIVE CRYSTALS.

Yet, I'm cut out of crafting and master writ sub-systems, and still can't get all motifs playing my content. Is that cool for you? Or can I get motifs for my content? And oh yes they will add to my experience, not only enjoyment and master writs as mentioned above, but also yes they will help me with my "maelstrom staff or other piece", because I can get more master writs => more vouchers => can afford getting a target skeleton or centrurion to 1) test the gear I already have; 2) practice and get better so I can get gear I don't have.

P.S. But most importantly - can anyone link that harpy shirt? Is it a set piece? What is it? Because if it's not, and he thinks he should have the right to retrait it because he likes how it looks even though it doesn't improve (but actually does the opposite) his performance, then sure he should be okay and agree that I should get all motifs and costumes and pets and titles etc for my content, because I like how they look.
    Edited by Artis on September 22, 2017 8:54PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    when you see a post

i dont do vet content & i dont do PvP how am i supposed to get the crystals

if you dont do vet content OR PvP you dont need the bloody crystals

you do not need best in slot for standing by a wayshirine gossiping! FML

Since those already running vet content, trials, pvp have been doing so for abc long already and likely will continue for the next 4-5 weeks without crystals, obviously they don't **need** the crystals either... they just want them.

**need** is not the threshold for getting included in a part of the game that can help you enjoy it more.

Well, it usually isn't until say someone wants something kept away from others.

just thinking out loud... wonder if the six figure prices on well traited staves of necropotence (to name one of several) has anything to do with some folks being hellbent on keeping questers from getting into the re-trait game?

i keep trying to find who would be hurt if they were included... is this six figure payday a "victim" if questers get the re-trait? Re-traited cant be sold but if questers can re-trait thats one potential customer gone.

one day @STEVIL i really hope you will learn to read someones post before posting a sanctamonius rant at them

for the record im not a farmer/seller, i farm my own gear not that it matters

there is a huge diffrence in difficulty between banished cells 1 on vet (which i can solo) and a vet trial. sure i dont NEED bis armour/weapons to farm banished cells but i need them if im going to improve my DPS enough to do a vet trial as a DD instead of as a tank/healer

Whether or not you personally are a seller is not an issue I have not got any stake in but thanks for sharing.

My,pondering still stands tho - are the 6 figure sell prices perhaps the first identified victims if quarters can re-trait with crystal from questing.

But on another point - you and art is keep wanting to fret and fuss over how many crystal vet trial give vs the vet pledges or whatever. I am not taking a side either way on that but it should be clear I am not one of the "zoos made it this way so should not change" so if you can make the argument that one each is not sufficient for the investment, go for it.

My focus remains on the bigger pile of those who spend much more time questing thru the bulk of the content.

once again you fail to either read or comprehend someones post

make a bunch of random acusations

'bundle me in with other peoples posts

& then throw a little keyboard tantrum becaus people dont 'understand your posts

so lets have a quick recap shall we

i stated that people who log on hang out in a busy city & then log off - ie people who only come on the game for social interaction complaining abount not being able to get crystals is laughable

other peoples comments before or after my cooment (including yours) are irrelevant and yet you have twice now posted a silly little 'rant' directed at me over questing

so since you clearly do care about my opinion on whether questers need access to the trait stones or best in slot weapons as a whole - then here it is
    you do not need them
    i am currently leveling characters on xbox NA - i have NO CP
    i am wearing white gear seducer on my magic characters and ashen grip on my stam characters all training (i have a just hit 4 traits on this server so my options are limited)
    i equip random dropped gear around this

i am able to complete all of the overland content on all of my characters (except world bosses) solo but since there are SO MANY people on NA compared with EU i can post in zone & ask for help with the world bosses and clear them
    once again i am not running bis weapons or armour and i am able to do this with no difficulty

i am currently mentoring a player and in order to explain the mechanics of undaunted dungeons at a pace that is convenient for us, we are currently running dungeons as a group of 2, me on a templar healer (level 32) and they on a stam DK and we are doing an awesome job
    again i am not running bis gear, neither are they but we are able to complete the content with no difficulty

while i feel i would technically be capeable of running normal trial at my current level i have not asked any groups if i can jump in on a run for the simple fact that if i dropped a desirable weapon at the end at a low level i would cry

so to be perfectly honest with you, if you feel that you need BIS weapons in order to do ANY quest in this game then you have bigger problems than rngeebus not favouring you with good drops,
    maybe someone will be kind enough to mentor you and help you out in game

A couple ponderings...

one - did you read any of my posts?

two - how low is your threshold for declaring "rant"?

three - where did you get the idea that i had any interest in whether or not you thought player group abc **needed** access to BiS gear or traits?

I will mainly address three, but a smattering oe f one as it is related.

Some on this thread have raised **need** as a prerequisite sort of thing for having your content included in the new crystal drop sub-system.

i have not been one of those. i have argued repeatedly that *8need** is not the threshold for inclusion.

So, whether or not you feel people abc doing content xyz need feature jkl is not relevant to me at all.

thanks for sharing but hey thats how it is.

BTW, since folks complete the content for dungeons and trials and all that jazz now, some every day gets done, the idea that **need** to complete the content was a requirement for what to add into the crystal "obtain by running the content you are already running" is extremely laughable.

But still, some persist.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @stevil

you reference the price of necro lightning staves
    so if you are trying to 'equip' your character using only quest reward set items then you have choosen the wrong weapon to use as an example

the transmutations stones are introduced to give people who NEED bis weapons (end game PvEers & PvPers) an ADDITIONAL way to aquire that trait

as someone who likes to run around doing quests you don NOT need bis so you do NOT need easy access to crystals

if you want to wear a visually unique armour piece or weapon but you want it in a different trait, because you role play and part of you character is that you are an adept fighter who has the best weapons in all of tamriel, then act like an adept fighter who deserves the best weapons in all of tamriel & run a vet dungeon

Ok so you may not realize it but the named unique weapons and the price of necro staves are not ONE thing but two different things.

Also, you do not **NEED* BiS gear and BiS traits to run vet pledges... yet they drop crystals according to the first week PTS scheme.

So, if you are under the false impression that **NEED** those to run the content you are running is a prerequisite for content dropping crystals when you run it, you need to rethink that position because that is not what the evidence shows.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    @STEVIL
    Ok. You have a problem that people who are doing overland content don't have access to the crystals. I don't think "quests" are a reasonable place to include them, but I will say that I could imagine World Bosses having a small chance (like 5%) of dropping them. This would benefit those end-game players who are grinding overland content for gear as well as offer a little taste of the system to players going through the zone content.

Well there could be a case for world bosses, especially those involved in dailies, but the key is that i am actually interested in that big block of core content that is already tracked thru the system to completion that is the PVE questing content. World bosses are frankly over too quick for my tastes if the big group is there.

While i am not asking for every little quest to be including, i do feel the core questlines for each zone (the old caldwell zone check-offs silver gold etc) and the main quest and the new DLC zone main quests. Those are the core questing PVE content and make up the bulk of the PVE content and they should not be left out of the "obtain while you are running the content you already run." You wont finish the entire zone quest line in a short period of play, though some claim it can be done in an hour which is surprising considering its 5-7 quests each with multiple parts and objectives, but i guess some folks are really really fast.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes right now its 40 crystals to one re-trait, but sometimes "geodes" contain more than one crystal it seems.
    Edited by STEVIL on September 22, 2017 9:09PM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    Vet trials should have a 100% droprate on them.

Why should Vet undaunted pledges have a 100% droprate but Trials only drop it once a week from the weekly quest? For a much harder activity? Seems backwards.

A simple search in the forums will yield the answer for you ...

Please enlighten me.
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Vet trials should have a 100% droprate on them.

Why should Vet undaunted pledges have a 100% droprate but Trials only drop it once a week from the weekly quest? For a much harder activity? Seems backwards.

@Dymence from dungeons You have 100% to get crystals from daily pledges and 1st random dungeon reward each day from trials it's weekly quest reward but we know there is option to get multiple crystals from different activities so it's possible You'll get multiple amount of crystals for weekly trial quest and 1 crystal for each dungeon related activity.

Same on bosses. It can be chance to get 1 crystal from veteran dungeon bosses and 2-3 crystals from veteran trial bosses. We'll see how things will go.

What I mean is that, even though you only get them guaranteed from pledges, pledges are still daily and there are 3 of them. The only trial related quest is a weekly.

Yes but we have to see how many of them we'll get for weekly trial reward. Maybe even 10 who knows.
    Edited by Juhasow on September 22, 2017 9:12PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Artis

Just a few answers for you...

1 - yes the harpy shirt is a set piece.

2 - As i have stated from the beginning the content that is being left out that i am wanting included is the PVE zone quest and main story quest content. there has never been a question that the group/trial whatever content etc already listed gives crystals.

Apparently you have become confused about what questing content was left out of crystals. hope this helps.

if you have a problem with whether or not this trial or that trial should give more, i suggest you bring that to the feedback. i have seen others mention it as well. there may indeed be a case that trials should get more than vet pledges.

And again... any disagreement over whether ABC deserves more cryatsals than XYZ when both give crystals is not really relevant to whether or not JKL should get zero. my argument is to include the main quests of zones and the core story at the same rate as completing one vet pledge with a four man group - one crystal - even though it likely takes longer to do the complete zone quests fully.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @stevil you have entered that stage of your debate where you are failing to make any sense at all

please try again because i have no idea what your talking about as usual

i think i covered the fact that i didnt read the whole thread when i said other peoples comments including yours are irrelevant,
    what this means is OP made a post, i read the origianl post & i replied

YOU are the one who started quoting me left right & centre making assumptions as to my opinion based on nothing other that your failure to comprehend that not everyone is going to read 7 pages of you flip flopping all over the place trying to make a point and repetedly failing

the reason i use the word NEED may or may not be the same as other peoples decision to use the word NEED, i dont assume to answer on their behalf, so please stop assuming that their posts are speaking for me

when i say need i am refering to what my characters need based on my play style & the content i play
    for example
    I have always wanted a master resto staff but rngeebus has never given me one, now that zos have made stam DDs a viable option for many vet trials any team i run with will likley need me to run a master resto to ensure the stam DDs have adequate resources

you see the diffrence ther

its the same weapon but 6 months ago i WANTED IT, not my healer & the remainder of the trail group NEED me to run it

you are talking about questing
    and NEEDING access to the transmutation system, when in fact you are a quester who WANTS easier access to the transmutation system

and yes i am aware that a necro lightning staff and a unique dropped harpy shirt are different items thats why i refrenced them in completley diffent sentances and paragraphs, because thats how written english works
    a person is capeable of expressing more than one thought in a single post

please learn to forum
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @stevil you have entered that stage of your debate where you are failing to make any sense at all

please try again because i have no idea what your talking about as usual

i think i covered the fact that i didnt read the whole thread when i said other peoples comments including yours are irrelevant,
    what this means is OP made a post, i read the origianl post & i replied

YOU are the one who started quoting me left right & centre making assumptions as to my opinion based on nothing other that your failure to comprehend that not everyone is going to read 7 pages of you flip flopping all over the place trying to make a point and repetedly failing

the reason i use the word NEED may or may not be the same as other peoples decision to use the word NEED, i dont assume to answer on their behalf, so please stop assuming that their posts are speaking for me

when i say need i am refering to what my characters need based on my play style & the content i play
    for example
    I have always wanted a master resto staff but rngeebus has never given me one, now that zos have made stam DDs a viable option for many vet trials any team i run with will likley need me to run a master resto to ensure the stam DDs have adequate resources

you see the diffrence ther

its the same weapon but 6 months ago i WANTED IT, not my healer & the remainder of the trail group NEED me to run it

you are talking about questing
    and NEEDING access to the transmutation system, when in fact you are a quester who WANTS easier access to the transmutation system

and yes i am aware that a necro lightning staff and a unique dropped harpy shirt are different items thats why i refrenced them in completley diffent sentances and paragraphs, because thats how written english works

please learn to forum

For someone so hung up on being accurate about other people's posts, you seem to keep misunderstanding a key thing even when spell out clearly.

I am not talking about NEEDING the crystals to do the questing content being described... just like one does not NEED the crystals to drop for vet dungeons pledges to get the content etc.

**NEED** is not a prerequisite for inclusion in the new crystal drop game - not for some of the other content included so far,.

So, no, i am not arguing it based on **need**, have not been am not now.

One of the lines i posted in one of my last responses that might have clued you in to this is the following:

"So, if you are under the false impression that **NEED** those to run the content you are running is a prerequisite for content dropping crystals when you run it, you need to rethink that position because that is not what the evidence shows."

Clear?

Now as to the odd comments about the staff and harpy again... that ending bold part...

you combined the two - the named items thing and the necro staff, when i had not done so.

you did it with this section

"you reference the price of necro lightning staves
    so if you are trying to 'equip' your character using only quest reward set items then you have choosen the wrong weapon to use as an example"

See, there, you tie the necro staff and the named items together, as if they were linked in that paragraph and its last sentence.

Since i did not link the necro staff to the named item thing (that was the harpy shirt) but you did, maybe the whole "thats how written english works" and "capable of expressing more than one thought" blurb at the end is one you might should revisit a bit?

This was it BTW:

"and yes i am aware that a necro lightning staff and a unique dropped harpy shirt are different items thats why i refrenced them in completley diffent sentances and paragraphs, because thats how written english works
    "

Edited by STEVIL on September 22, 2017 9:43PM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry @stevil

once again having tremendous difficulty understanding what your on about

its as if you write a sentance, and then run each word through a thesaurus app in a desperate attempt to make yourself sound inteligent but in reality no one ever understand what the *** your talking about

this is problay why i never have the faintest idea what yourt talking about, so for the sake of the forum im going to go ahead and block you know

bye!
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STEVIL

If you answer - answer to everything.

So far your logic means that I'm left out of motifs and costumes. Am I? Or is it my choice what to do and what not to do?
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    @STEVIL

If you answer - answer to everything.

So far your logic means that I'm left out of motifs and costumes. Am I? Or is it my choice what to do and what not to do?

1 - no

2 - if you feel ZOS should include motifs and costumes in more content that you prefer to run, you should start a thread. its not quite the same thing as not including the fuel for a sub-system in an entire core block of content, the largest block of tracked content in fact, even though that sub-system applies directly to the rewards in that content. but hey, if you see the shortfall, bring it up. thats what i am doing. i might even agree.

Edited by STEVIL on September 22, 2017 10:36PM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.