The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wake up people ! Transmutaion is not for lazy scrubs.

• clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to hear you say that when they will inevitably sell the retrait crystals in the crown store. You think they'd go through all this trouble of putting them through an account wide special currency system for nothing? Joke's on you OP, lazy scrubs will just buy them from the crown store.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still baffled why casuals or RPers would need to retrait...and as @Lieblingsjunge has said, just run Fungal Grotto or Selene's Web. Takes 15 minutes each.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoyoteNZ wrote: »
    Are crystals bound, or can they be traded and sold in guild stores?

Yes they are bound, they dont take an inventory space and they work Accountwide

They cannot be banked or traded at all
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I'm still baffled why casuals or RPers would need to retrait...and as @Lieblingsjunge has said, just run Fungal Grotto or Selene's Web. Takes 15 minutes each.

Doesn't work that way, you only get a guaranteed drop on doing the first random veteran dungeon per day (hopefully that will ignore abandoned runs, doing DLC dungeons with GF is a nightmare)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CoyoteNZ bound. No trading, no selling.

@zyk I think ZOS actually did a good thing allowing them to be obtained through pvp. Someone didn't read the natch potes. Yes the game is mind numblingly grindy but they could easily have not included them in rewards of the worthy etc.

@DRXHarbinger lol dude do you just like the sound of your own "voice?" You legitimately seem happy that pvp only players are going to have a hard time with this.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 20, 2017 12:32PM
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hm maybe i want my monster helm Kragh from the golden Vendor in divine ? Casual players also try to improve their gear ?
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoyoteNZ wrote: »
    Are crystals bound, or can they be traded and sold in guild stores?

Bound to Your account , so all You characters have free acces to them at any given time but You cant trade them with others.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm kinda disappointed cause I already have all the weapons in all the BiS traits... What do I do now? Like the Transmute system is around, but I can't even use it... I guess I'll just farm for a crappy weapon and then transmute it just to be cool.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when it goes live, its needs to be 20 crystals or below and guaranteed drop every time. we didn't ask for more grinding
    Edited by Mojmir on September 20, 2017 12:51PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    when it goes live, its needs to be 20 crystals or below and guaranteed drop every time. we didn't ask for more grinding

And we dont get more grinding. We'll be doing everything what we've been doing counting on luck to get BiS items but if that luck wont happen then we'll be able to retrait some weaker items we recived in the procces of farming BiS.

Retraiting isnt new way to get BiS , it's new way to assist getting it if You had not enough luck from loot.
    Edited by Juhasow on September 20, 2017 2:31PM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    @CoyoteNZ bound. No trading, no selling.

@zyk I think ZOS actually did a good thing allowing them to be obtained through pvp. Someone didn't read the natch potes. Yes the game is mind numblingly grindy but they could easily have not included them in rewards of the worthy etc.

@DRXHarbinger lol dude do you just like the sound of your own "voice?" You legitimately seem happy that pvp only players are going to have a hard time with this.

Stalk much, If you can actually possess the ability to see through sarcasm (If American I apologize I know you lack that ability) You'll realise that's actually quite a serious problem to people that largely PVP as there has been very little incentive to invest in crafting when crafted goods were always tradable and just required another person to do it, now irrelevant of having a crafter friend they will not be able to pass on transmuted items to you unless they are BOE but barely anything will be worth transmuting if it's BOE as you can buy it anyway. Unless the BOP items were looted within the same group, transmuted within 2hrs and handed to the person that wanted it (assuming transmuting doesn't remove the trade ability or make it bound) Haven't checked this yet. But it is actually a kick in the nuts to pvp players. levelling crafting is painfully slow.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

And we dont get more grinding. We'll be doing everything what we've been doing counting on luck to get BiS items but if that luck wont happen then we'll be able to retrait spom,e weakes items we recived in the procces of farming BiS.

Retraiting isnt new way to get BiS , it's new way to assist getting it if You had not enough luck from loot.

so in other words, grinding. we aalready ran the content to get an item, why should we have to run 40 more times? again, this isnt what we asked for.
    Edited by Mojmir on September 20, 2017 12:59PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to add these crystals to the Crown Store for players who do not run the content which is the only way to acquire them!!
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to hear you say that when they will inevitably sell the retrait crystals in the crown store. You think they'd go through all this trouble of putting them through an account wide special currency system for nothing? Joke's on you OP, lazy scrubs will just buy them from the crown store.

I bet you're one of those people who thought the typo on some store food meant it was going to be p2w a couple updates ago.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The system is fair. To the complainers, what were you expecting to be honnest?

You play the game:
    - You are lucky, you get the gear you want
    - You are not lucky, you get the cristal to get the gear you want.

That doesn't replace the work you have to put in the game. The only thing that get to replace time and effort is luck. no one can guarantee luck. But if you put the time and effort, now, with this system you are guanrantee to be rewarded for your effort. Either by getting the item you want. Or by getting the cristal to get the item you want. PVPer do not need to PVE.

So all is good, really! :)

Thanks Zenimax!

(Personaly and selfishly I don't care about the system, as I don't care about having the best gear in slot)

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even viewing transmutation crystals as something to grind for. I'll still grind for properly traited gear, and when I organically obtain enough crystals, great! That's a plus!

They will be fantastic for "correcting" the worst RNG (traits on dungeon boss weapons and vMA weapons), but I don't think it'll be worth using them to change armor traits, for the most part (besides shoulders, if you don't stockpile keys).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irfind wrote: »

Hm maybe i want my monster helm Kragh from the golden Vendor in divine ? Casual players also try to improve their gear ?

That 0.23% DPS increase will sure take the casuals to a whole new level. And I'm no pro gamer myself, before you label me as elitist filth.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A casual players by definition casually plays the game. This term is still very broad.

Does this mean they spend less time playing the game or does it mean they have a casual attitude while playing the game. I tend to believe the former is more likely than the latter.

So if the assumption is a casual players spend less time playing ESO than more dedicated players then I tend to believe that the re-trait system is not really geared toward casual players, but more aimed at the players who are spending a lot of time trying to get a specific gear/trait they want.

I do not think by implementing this system that ESO is trying to change the understanding that if you want the best gear you have to spend more time playing the game than a casual player.

XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Defilted

No matter the definition, it simply makes no sense to get riled up about the transmutation system if you don't need perfect traits in the first place. The differences between traits show mostly on weapons and not on armour and affect only the top end game when you try for score runs or HM achievements. Whether you do 15k or 17k in Fungal Grotto is inconsequential.
    Edited by Feanor on September 20, 2017 1:56PM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No matter the definition, it simply makes no sense to get riled up about the transmutation system if you don't need perfect traits in the first place. The differences between traits show mostly on weapons and not on armour and affect only the top end game when you try for score runs or HM achievements. Whether you do 15k or 17k in Fungal Grotto is inconsequential.

I guess thats the problem most "casual" players dont get.
    Lets make a simple Example here:

Casual Player Stam DK: 5x TFS 5x HR 2x Mephala all Divine, Weapons Ifused and Sharp and he does ~15-20k DPS
    Casual Player Stam DK: 5x TFS 5x HR 2x Mephala all in Various Traits, Weapons Ifused and Sharp and he'll deal probably 13-18k DPS

So your Perfect Traits give you ~2k DPS

If you compare this to a "elitist" player the difference would be more arround 5k since he's better in his Rotation, Boss mechanics ect.

Overall you can say the Transmutationsystem is more directed towards the Endagme community, where the Perfect Traits gets used more efficiently.

PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Irfind wrote: »

That 0.23% DPS increase will sure take the casuals to a whole new level. And I'm no pro gamer myself, before you label me as elitist filth.

Whether or not you are a pro gamer or not really is a different thing than that other, right? A sense of entitlement does not have to be deserved to exist.

Speaking so certainly about how other players don't need this or that because of their preferences in gameplay sounds quite elitist to me.

they key is that this is a game and it is for fun for many and yes while the abc% may not make a difference in a delve run it sure might make a difference in how the player feels about his stuff.

And the key point to it is that kind of deflates the platform of this sideways objection you seem to have is - you are right that it does not make a difference whether the casual has precise or sharpened or even charged as far as anybody else being impacted.

So what's the harm in it?

Its not like those little casuals are gonna jump to the leaderboard driving "deserving" trial runners off the top ten or slam into PVP slaying all they encounter with ease.

To put it bluntly, if we apply the same "do you need it" to every single acquisition of anything somebody might want or enjoy having in this game and slap a major grind on it if it is not a "need" then a lot of things would be a lot less fun.

So when one eyes "rewards for the grinding deserved" perhaps the better question to ask is not how quickly casuals deserve to get sharpened but is instead why is sharpened,vs precise or infused such a big difference that it in any way overshadows the sets gained from the "grinds of the deserved?"

* All this takes as an assumption the whole notion of more play earning better stuff.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 40 is a fair number, especially with all sources available for it. If you play content regularly you'll eventually get that ammount of crystals.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And we dont get more grinding. We'll be doing everything what we've been doing counting on luck to get BiS items but if that luck wont happen then we'll be able to retrait spom,e weakes items we recived in the procces of farming BiS.

so in other words, grinding. we aalready ran the content to get an item, why should we have to run 40 more times? again, this isnt what we asked for.

No it's not grinding itself .It's improvement to grinding , additional currency during grinding and other activities that will help You get adventage over totally RNG based grind.

If You want BiS item then You're grinding for it. If You fail to get that item there will be now always alternative option light at the end of the tunnel which was not present before. This improves itemization ibcredibly well while not making it brainlesly easy which at the end could just destroy the game.

This is excatly what I and many other people asked for. Control over RNG but without brainlesly easy items aquiring. Getting BiS items will still require effort but now You can be sure You'll get them one way or another.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I think of it is that ZOS has an idea of how long they want you to play to get a particular item. Of course, RNG is all over the place, so while someone could pick up an infused IA inferno in their very first Deshaan pug, other people have ran Craglorn trials to the point where they've memorized every piece of dialogue complete with inflection and still only have a single IA inferno, and it's charged.

So let's say you only have time during the week to run non-DLC pledges on your only character. On weekends, you get in that weekly coffer run for a trial, and you have time to do a veteran random dungeon. That's about five a week, assuming nothing drops off the final boss, with very light play comparatively speaking. So two months to transmute your charged IA inferno to infused. But this isn't a very efficient scenario.

If, however, you spam FG1 and it takes 15 minutes per run when it's the pledge and you have multiple characters, you can get 4-8 in an hour. If you do that with the other easy pledges (COA1, Darkshade 1, etc.) you'll be almost done in a week.

It's a light at the end of the tunnel for those who are screwed by RNG, and it's an effort in = reward out situation.

In the meantime, we're all making do with the gear we have, that much is true. God knows how many keys I've used to still not have a medium divines Veli shoulder. But unless you've been rolling a 20 on luck the whole time, there's a fair amount of grinding you have to do for the gear you want regardless. The transmute system just caps the amount of grinding you have to do.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess thats the problem most "casual" players dont get.
    Lets make a simple Example here:

Casual Player Stam DK: 5x TFS 5x HR 2x Mephala all Divine, Weapons Ifused and Sharp and he does ~15-20k DPS
    Casual Player Stam DK: 5x TFS 5x HR 2x Mephala all in Various Traits, Weapons Ifused and Sharp and he'll deal probably 13-18k DPS

So your Perfect Traits give you ~2k DPS

If you compare this to a "elitist" player the difference would be more arround 5k since he's better in his Rotation, Boss mechanics ect.

Overall you can say the Transmutationsystem is more directed towards the Endagme community, where the Perfect Traits gets used more efficiently.

Warrior/Apprentice mundus gives 238 wep/spell dmg , with 7 gold divines it gives 362 wep or spell dmg. You want to tell me that additional 120 wep or spell dmg increases DPS by 2k for casuals and 5k for elitists ?

Lover mundus gives 2,7k penetration with 7 gold divines 4,2k penetration. You want to tell me that 1,5k penetration will increase DPS by 2k for casual and 5k for elitists ?

I think You overreacted here a little.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Warrior/Apprentice mundus gives 238 wep/spell dmg , with 7 gold divines it gives 362 wep or spell dmg. You want to tell me that additional 120 wep or spell dmg increases DPS by 2k for casuals and 5k for elitists ?

Lover mundus gives 2,7k penetration with 7 gold divines 4,2k penetration. You want to tell me that 1,5k penetration will increase DPS by 2k for casual and 5k for elitists ?

I think You overreacted here a little.

Maybe its a bit high jeah
    dont forget they get Amplified with minor and major Brutality ;)^^

still the idea behind stays the same, "elitist" players will get more out of perfect traits than casuals thats a fact
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on September 20, 2017 3:13PM
    PC EU

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    I'm kinda disappointed cause I already have all the weapons in all the BiS traits... What do I do now? Like the Transmute system is around, but I can't even use it... I guess I'll just farm for a crappy weapon and then transmute it just to be cool.

Obviously you start getting nirn on weapons that previously could not drop with that trait.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it's not grinding itself .It's improvement to grinding , additional currency during grinding and other activities that will help You get adventage over totally RNG based grind.

If You want BiS item then You're grinding for it. If You fail to get that item there will be now always alternative option light at the end of the tunnel which was not present before. This improves itemization ibcredibly well while not making it brainlesly easy which at the end could just destroy the game.

This is excatly what I and many other people asked for. Control over RNG but without brainlesly easy items aquiring. Getting BiS items will still require effort but now You can be sure You'll get them one way or another.

when this goes live, it wont be a "sure thing" 1 crystal every time you run the content, it will be "occasionally" which translates to more RNG. add on top of that youll need 40 of these crystals. finally, you state this is exactly what you asked for, show me where we(because im part of that "we") asked for more RNG?
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    Why does this remind me of the vendors they put in SWTOR?

I mean, literally the same move, just different name.

Btw, @ZOS_GinaBruno - Everyone hated that system, and still hates that system.

While that is true, that system has improved drastically since launch. It went from being a mandatory gearing system to being what they are trying to do with Transmutation: something on the side. Funnily enough, SWTOR went from grinding hell back to being better than ESO in that perspective.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

when this goes live, it wont be a "sure thing" 1 crystal every time you run the content, it will be "occasionally" which translates to more RNG. add on top of that youll need 40 of these crystals. finally, you state this is exactly what you asked for, show me where we(because im part of that "we") asked for more RNG?

Atm this activities have 100% chance to give You crystal or crystals (some give multiple amount)

Veteran Undaunted Pledge
    Your first completed random Veteran dungeon through the Grouping Tool per day
    Trial Weekly Quests
    Leaderboards (AvA, Trials, Arenas, and Battlegrounds)
    End of Campaign Rewards (both 7-day and 30-day)
    Veteran Maelstrom Arena
    Veteran Dragonstar Arena

and others activities will give You them occasionaly.

Your RNG whining doesnt look too serious for me. Get more informations next time before You come to discussion.