The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PVP NIGHTBLADE Cloakwork City Megathread. Lets talk about it.

CavalryPK
CavalryPK
✭✭✭✭✭
Nightblade
  • Shadow
    • Manifestation of Terror (Aspect of Terror morph): This morph now fears up to 6 enemies per trap, up from 2, and the trap no longer triggers if a crowd control-immune enemy walks over it. Enemies can also now see an initial projectile marking the trap’s location.
    • Mass Hysteria (Aspect of Terror morph): This morph no longer fears an additional enemy, but only fears the same amount of enemies as the base ability (2 enemies). It continues to inflict Minor Maim as a morph effect.
      Developer Comments:
      We wanted to distinguish the gameplay between Aspect of Terror’s morphs. Mass Hysteria grants an instant fear and strong debuff, while Aspect of Terror is more delayed but affects more targets.

Because Aspect of Terror is now more powerful against groups, we’ve made the initial projectile visible to help add counterplay to the ability.
  • Siphoning
    • Agony: This ability and its morphs is now an ally-targeted spell that heals them over time and damages you for 50% of the amount healed. We also renamed this ability to Malevolent Offering.
      • Malefic Wreath (Agony morph): This morph now grants Minor Mending when it deals damage to you, and has been renamed to Healthy Offering.
      • Prolonged Suffering (Agony morph): This morph now decreases the amount of self-inflicted damage dealt to you to 35% of the amount healed, and has been renamed to Shrewd Offering.
      Developer Comments:
      This redesign of Agony and its morphs gave us an opportunity to create a new ability more in-line with the theme of Siphoning. It helps Nightblades fulfill the healing role in a unique way, and synergizes with the other Siphoning abilities that let you steal health like Strife or Siphoning Strikes. You can then transfer that health to your allies.

Like Cauterize, this ability can be self-cast. Since you’re taking damage each time it heals, the total return will be less efficient than casting it on an ally instead.

Agony, now known as Malevolent Offering, is a powerful heal and it only damages you if the target is actually healed. But be careful! You can kill your character with this ability.
    • Soul Siphon (Soul Shred morph): Increased the distance an ally can travel away from you before the heal tether snaps to 25 meters, up from 20 meters.
Edited by CavalryPK on September 18, 2017 6:39PM
THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK

PVP NIGHTBLADE Cloakwork City Megathread. Lets talk about it. 45 votes

Like it.
31%
SolarikenTaonnorXylthaxSanTii.92RajajshkaNeartheralDerraParaNostramFoolishHumanSubversusAnne_FirehawkMalicNyassaVak_pvp 14 votes
Dont like it.
68%
CavalryPKValveYakidaficlocksstoppeDerpyShadowzOmniDoHurikaactoshVanHalenLettigallLifecode666The_SaintsadownikOlen_MikkoDuxescjhhickman39GreenSoup2HoTmb10brandonv516Jhalin 31 votes
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too early to say... I've never really liked fear as stamblade, so I'm neutral on that (besides, the trap morph has tons of potential).

The new Agony though, that's going to work really well with sets like Fury or Legion, as well as for stacking Wrath in heavy armor.
    Options
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont like it.
    It can't be anymore obvious than this. They just hate nightblades.

"Oh, let's make nightblades viable healers by making them to take damage while they heal"

I actually saw one ZOS meeting, where someone opened it with "should we consider buffing nightbaldes?"

This was the result:

Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new fear morph is great. Next nerf thread incoming. Lol. The morph is currently strong if used properly but now. Omg.
    Options
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont like it.
    Siphoning

I think in PVP casting ANY ABILITY THAT damages you is a horrible idea. Especially when ppl are trying so hard to make small scale relevant again. I mean CMON.....

Shadow
    I always thought that mass hysteria feared 2 ppl max lolz....

I still don't see the Terror being any use in PVP.. you need reliable CC to time your burst ... please tell me in what PVP scenario you would use it ?

Soul Siphon (Soul Shred morph):

why? if you have the resto ult.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Options
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont like it.
    looks like Gina made a official thread. lets give her our best constructive feedback. for the sake of nightblades.

Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    The new fear morph is great. Next nerf thread incoming. Lol. The morph is currently strong if used properly but now. Omg.

Agreed.

It doesn't trigger GCD when someone gets feared by it, meaning you can dish out much more burst on the target than you'd be able to with the other morph.
    Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like it.
    It looks interesting to me, though I'll have to play with the new changes to be sure.

The adjusting of the fear morphs makes both viable and brings the go to mass hysteria morph a little more in line with the CC of other classes. It's still hands down the best CC far as I can tell.

What is really hilarious are all of these people thinking this is some grand nerf nightblades conspiracy.
    Edited by ParaNostram on September 18, 2017 6:57PM
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it.
    Definetly looks interesting. Really like the ideas.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »

I been using soul siphon on my dual wield/2h stamblade. Its actually a pretty solid back bar ulti, almost like having a more expensive resto ulti or trees.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More group sap tanks incoming . No real changes for solo NB . I don't see a lot of people using that changed morph to fear . It is heavily dependent on situational combat .
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, both are in a good spot currently and they didn't get nerfed. So I'm happy to be honest.
    Options
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont like it.
    It's just another low blow to the DW magblade playstyle. Was hard enough to play it as it is - now one of our main tools of shaking opponents is not as effective anymore, making things even more difficult
    Options
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    CavalryPK wrote: »

I been using soul siphon on my dual wield/2h stamblade. Its actually a pretty solid back bar ulti, almost like having a more expensive resto ulti or trees.

Fully agree. It's a really underrated backbar ulti for stamblades. Can't see much utility for mageblades outside of group scenarios, and I'm not remorphing my tether for sure. If they reduced the cost of the morph to something in line w/ Remembrance, could see a few more folks using it.
    Edited by Kaeriz on September 18, 2017 8:02PM
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish there would be some changes to concealed weapon to give it combat utility, because right now only one underused spec uses it and only for style concerns.

Please change it to let light / heavy attacks scale with magicka and spelldmg that would be so awesome
    Options
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont like it.
    BohnT wrote: »
    I wish there would be some changes to concealed weapon to give it combat utility, because right now only one underused spec uses it and only for style concerns.

Please change it to let light / heavy attacks scale with magicka and spelldmg that would be so awesome

CP makes you sneak faster. that's the utility.

Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like it.
    Can we have some improvements to grim? In PvE I can hardly get 3 shots off, in PvP even less, sometimes only 1. Just make it work like rally, hell extending the duration 2-4 seconds would do wonders.

As for the fear change, I am indifferent. I find the other morph of fear very situational to the point where its pretty much not worth getting. My only issue is that they buffed the morph that isn't worth getting
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it.
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »
    It can't be anymore obvious than this. They just hate nightblades.

"Oh, let's make nightblades viable healers by making them to take damage while they heal"

I actually saw one ZOS meeting, where someone opened it with "should we consider buffing nightbaldes?"

This was the result:

Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg

Nightblades are fine, magblade is crazy strong atm and heavy stamblade is arguably one of the best dueling classes. This comes from a magstamblade main.

Fear had the nerf coming for it. It was very strong in aoe situations.
    Nobody uses agony anyway, I doubt anyone will use the new morph.
    Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont like it.
    To put it bluntly, sorc getting 2.5s unblockable stun *** NB out of pvp this patch.
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it.
    To put it bluntly, sorc getting 2.5s unblockable stun *** NB out of pvp this patch.

Mass hysteria is still unblockable lmao
    Options
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously not thrilled with mass hysteria effecting one less target now but don't think it is a huge deal. May have to try out the other morph now.

Agony changes sound interesting. Going to need to do some brainstorming and testing before coming to conclusions.

If the new Asylum Destro Staff goes live I think it may be worth running it and dropping Funnel Health for Crushing Shock. 100% uptime on flame, ice, and shock status effects is absolutely insane.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to test agony, but best I can tell giving minor mending to my mageblade is a colossal buff even if it comes with a small DoT since I've already got so many HoTs running.

The fear nerf, especially in the case of rune prison and petrify buffs kinda hurts though
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it.
    bubbygink wrote: »
    Obviously not thrilled with mass hysteria effecting one less target now but don't think it is a huge deal. May have to try out the other morph now.

Agony changes sound interesting. Going to need to do some brainstorming and testing before coming to conclusions.

If the new Asylum Destro Staff goes live I think it may be worth running it and dropping Funnel Health for Crushing Shock. 100% uptime on flame, ice, and shock status effects is absolutely insane.

The hot is very valuable in pvp though. We will have to see, however. 100% uptime on concussed will allow us to slot a certain cheese OP glyph instead of shock in pvp for extra pressure at the cost of healing. It's going to be interesting to say the least.
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it.
    Worst case the new skills remians unused as it is now on live, and the new fear will barely change much. No need for as much fuzz.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fearing one less person isn't going to make or break stamnb, nor magnb. Fearing two people in a group chasing you around LOS will still stop two people and lower their damage. If that one person is going to make or break you, you were probably already going to break anyway.
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont like it.
    We'll make an "underutilized" ability better and nerf the one most already use just to make sure you use the new one.

(assuming you're not left handed)
    We'll give you a nicer pen to write your name with using your left hand and break your right hand to make sure you use the new one.

If the point is to make some abilities better, then MAKE THEM BETTER. The point is not to nerf what already works.

Not to mention lets add yet MORE things you can't dodge.

I want 2 changes:
    1. Cloak that works
    2. Killer's blade does oblivion damage. FFS let us actually kill the shield spammers at 10% life or tanks that perma block.
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it.
    Hurika wrote: »
    We'll make an "underutilized" ability better and nerf the one most already use just to make sure you use the new one.

We'll give you a nicer pen to write your name with using your left hand and break your right hand to make sure you use the new one.

If the point is to make some abilities better, then MAKE THEM BETTER. The point is not to nerf what already works.

I want 2 changes:
    1. Cloak that works
    2. Killer's blade does oblivion damage. FFS let us actually kill the shield spammers at 10% life or tanks that perma block.

That would be insanely overpowered. Oblivion damage should not ever be attached to spammable skills. Stop trying to enforce a new viper.
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hurika wrote: »

I want 2 changes:
    1. Cloak that works

Waahhhh I wanna zerg and execute sorcs, when they recover from low health my blood boils.

If you need an execute that does oblivion damage to kill sorcs, you need to stop playing nb.
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont like it.
    Subversus wrote: »

Mass hysteria is still unblockable lmao

Yeah but why would you play nb over sorc
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like it.
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I'll have to test agony, but best I can tell giving minor mending to my mageblade is a colossal buff even if it comes with a small DoT since I've already got so many HoTs running.

The fear nerf, especially in the case of rune prison and petrify buffs kinda hurts though

People don´t realize it´s not a dot. It ticks about twice as strong as rapidregen and outheals itself instantly. It´s really good.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

People don´t realize it´s not a dot. It ticks about twice as strong as rapidregen and outheals itself instantly. It´s really good.

What's the tooltip value? I won't get home for another ~90 minutes and I'm sure I'll come home to a patch manifest error rendering leaving my computer on all day useless. X(

Options