Yet Another Synergy Rant Thread

Liofa
Liofa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So , I tried to use Alkosh again yesterday . Here is what happened . We are fighting Storm Atronach in AA . There are three Liquid Lightnings right under my feet . I especially told my groupmates to stay bit further away so I could pick synergies . They did and guess what . No difference . I am standing on top of 3 synergy providing skill and no synergy . Last synergy thread got ''/lurk''ed some time ago . Many others didn't even get a response . Should we even expect something to be done about this or even a proper dev comment ?

Alkosh is incredibly unreliable due to this broken system and can't be used properly . One of the best tanking sets in the game is based on ZOS RNG . It is just sad at the moment . I know Moondancer users have the same problem too .

I completely understand when I don't see a synergy because someone else has it but this is absurd . I am not even talking about the ''available for half a second'' and ''disappears when you press synergy button'' synergies . Synergies needs a complete rework or a proper fix on how they are shown to players . This is not working .
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a problem with every synergy. It's not reliable. Templar spear, undaunted orb, liquid lighting, atronach synergy...

The synergies just doesn't work properly or appear properly. Let's not forget the fact that sometimes, especially when you move, that a synergy-symbol pops up when you've moved far out of the "logical reachable" distance of the synergy.

Dropped a spear on my friend the other day. He couldn't take the synergy. When he walked away, the synergy popped up. (He didnt leave at once, so it's got nothing to do with the skill taking a few seconds to "activate" synergy).

Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Synergies are crappy. Such a great mechanic for teamplay, and yet they are so buggy and annoying. This is the reason why I'll never use alkosh or moondancer. Chasing Orbs is just annoying. Either give us more synergies on abilities that are used in PvE or rework them so multiple people can see and use them. They aren't OP in PvE anyway.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest synergies was the thing that pulled me to this game. It was a flag of good teamplay for me, plenty of synergies = good team.. Too bad it was ruined. Today I don't think I would be able to activate any synergy at all as a new player
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synergies are clunky, and do not work well. I have to,mash the e button at least 3 times for game to pick it up.,
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My healer will not slot orbs because the synergy is too hard to catch. She still runs shards but uses the more 'damagy' morph because the synergy is too unereliable to warrant using the 'better synergy' one. Similarly, she will not run Nova (or its morphs) as an ult because it is really a synergy skill and she just has no faith in synergies.

She doesn't need to catch synergies herself but it breaks her heart to know they are so unreliable/hard to use for those she is trying hard to provide support to. Urp.

Even at best it is a poor idea. The last thing I want my tank and dd's doing in the middle of a fight is to interrupt their efficient rotation to try and catch a synergy. When I hit Extended Ritual, for example,I want the purge for my team to automatically affect all of them within my 12M aura - not for them to have to try and catch a synergy. I want to be able to provide 'passive' support that my team does not have to disrupt their job to use. Elemental Drain and Purifying Light are two good examples of skills that 'do it right'.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 17, 2017 8:56PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried hitting the Talons synergy and used the Shards synergy instead. The Devs did lurk in a recent thread on this so they seem to be aware of the issues and working out what to do.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I 100% agree, I and many many others have brought this up so many times, I mean I even brought it up to them in person. There are plenty of flaws with the current synergy system and sometimes its not even the synergy system but specific synergies themselves that bug out. Standing over a Nova, no one but me in it, I got the prompt and I am spamming my synergy button, nothing happens, I keep pressing it and yet nothing, then the duration of the Nova runs out......

For synergies, my suggestion that I will hammer home until it is implemented is to make the synergies visible to ALL players in range of it, once someone uses it it gets removed from the prompt list. This makes it so that anyone that needs to get the synergy they need without fail as long as someone else has not used it before.

So throwing multiple orbs for example will not result in more people getting to actually use them and not just let them fly by with a herd of players desperately trying to the the synergy to work. What would happen if you shoot out multiple orbs is that one by one people would get their synergy done, you might miss it cause someone else used it first but when multiple are thrown out it will be a lot easier to pick em up. And for tanks.....Oh god tanks could finally use Alkosh properly, and you could get really amazing up times on it if you practiced with your healers. An addon to track cooldowns and you could call for a refresh when needed and actually get it off when you want it.

btw, anyone know of an addon that tracks synergy cooldowns?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    Synergies are clunky, and do not work well. I have to,mash the e button at least 3 times for game to pick it up.,

how do you think i feel on xbox having to hit Y&B at the same time????

NB same issue for anyone that plays with a controller regardless of of platform
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, half the groups I run with don't even try synergizing my Nova, which is the source for most of it's large damage, prompting me to slot another Ult like Shooting Star most of the time.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I (tank) always feel me terrible when in a pug, a healer actually slots them and they fly past me because some other synergy overlaps or no x appears in time or react at all and they stop using it after the 2-3rd boss.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I 100% agree, I and many many others have brought this up so many times, I mean I even brought it up to them in person. There are plenty of flaws with the current synergy system and sometimes its not even the synergy system but specific synergies themselves that bug out. Standing over a Nova, no one but me in it, I got the prompt and I am spamming my synergy button, nothing happens, I keep pressing it and yet nothing, then the duration of the Nova runs out......

For synergies, my suggestion that I will hammer home until it is implemented is to make the synergies visible to ALL players in range of it, once someone uses it it gets removed from the prompt list. This makes it so that anyone that needs to get the synergy they need without fail as long as someone else has not used it before.

So throwing multiple orbs for example will not result in more people getting to actually use them and not just let them fly by with a herd of players desperately trying to the the synergy to work. What would happen if you shoot out multiple orbs is that one by one people would get their synergy done, you might miss it cause someone else used it first but when multiple are thrown out it will be a lot easier to pick em up. And for tanks.....Oh god tanks could finally use Alkosh properly, and you could get really amazing up times on it if you practiced with your healers. An addon to track cooldowns and you could call for a refresh when needed and actually get it off when you want it.

You mean there is a problem with certain skills only ? I know for sure that Ritual comes up on my synergy button a lot more than anything else since they fixed the synergy for it . Maybe they just need to do that same kind of fix to other skills as well ^^
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »

You mean there is a problem with certain skills only ? I know for sure that Ritual comes up on my synergy button a lot more than anything else since they fixed the synergy for it . Maybe they just need to do that same kind of fix to other skills as well ^^

No, all synergies are complete trash to use but I meant that some specific ones are also broken.
    Edited by paulsimonps on September 17, 2017 8:08PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually see the tank synergy broom arrgo fire and can use, so progress. Also bone shield is being use quite often. Though maybe it would help synergies had a timer on use tied to specifly user based off there latency to game? Orbs though have promblems on postioning or where it actually shows up it seems be different from orb actually is.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/364300/do-you-have-trouble-using-synergies
    Edited by Tasear on September 17, 2017 9:08PM
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a massive issue encountered by the majority of players. Really hope @ZOS has a fix coming next patch.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a good thing that i is almost useless now, after the morrowind nerf, to chase after an orbs as dd. :D

It would still be nice if the dev team would try to fix them for next patch.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

P.S
    And i still find it quite funny that the trial dps sets are good tank sets and the trial tank sets are almost useless.

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    It is a good thing that i is almost useless now, after the morrowind nerf, to chase after an orbs as dd. :D

P.S
    And i still find it quite funny that the trial dps sets are good tank sets and the trial tank sets are almost useless.

Somehow they keep designing the sets wrong. Defensive tanking sets will never be really useful unless they become a necessity...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I actually see the tank synergy broom arrgo fire and can use, so progress. Also bone shield is being use quite often. Though maybe it would help synergies had a timer on use tied to specifly user based off there latency to game? Orbs though have promblems on postioning or where it actually shows up it seems be different from orb actually is.

P.S

Alkoash works as a dps just have to find that 1 and 10 person who doesn't have issues using them. Now lunar bastion has questionable application... Just so many issues with shield sets like trimminc, prayer shawl and etc.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

P.S

Alkoash works as a dps just have to find that 1 and 10 person who doesn't have issues using them. Now lunar bastion has questionable application... Just so many issues with shield sets like trimminc, prayer shawl and etc.

What they should do is create more Heavy armor tanking Trial sets that supports similar to the support set we are currently using. SPC, Alkosh, Morag Tong, Sunderflame, NMG, Worm. Only support set that heavy armor have that we actually use is Ebon. Heavy armor needs more proper support sets. The defensive ones are all very very very underwhelming.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My healer will not slot orbs because the synergy is too hard to catch. She still runs shards but uses the more 'damagy' morph because the synergy is too unereliable to warrant using the 'better synergy' one. Similarly, she will not run Nova (or its morphs) as an ult because it is really a synergy skill and she just has no faith in synergies.

She doesn't need to catch synergies herself but it breaks her heart to know they are so unreliable/hard to use for those she is trying hard to provide support to. Urp.

Even at best it is a poor idea. The last thing I want my tank and dd's doing in the middle of a fight is to interrupt their efficient rotation to try and catch a synergy. When I hit Extended Ritual, for example,I want the purge for my team to automatically affect all of them within my 12M aura - not for them to have to try and catch a synergy. I want to be able to provide 'passive' support that my team does not have to disrupt their job to use. Elemental Drain and Purifying Light are two good examples of skills that 'do it right'.

I've learned to work with shards synergy, 7 out of 10 times I can get it. Nova though, that is one of the worst ones; if you can get the synergy interface up it's gone in less than a second. Now that I think of it, all ultimate synergies are hard to get: shackles, charged lightning, nova, that NB one.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 This is very annoying and need to be fixed, as many other said getting orbs is hard, shards are difficult to grab as well, it seems all synergies are not working properly, sometimes we must be 2 meters ahead to interact, other times the synergy immediately disappear, then re-pops at a very delayed time, my connection is really good btw and this is happening when there is no lag at all. I wish they could care asap to expand the activator box considerably and make synergies smooth and immediate to grab as it should be.

Edited by RANKK7 on September 18, 2017 4:48AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a problem with every synergy. It's not reliable. Templar spear, undaunted orb, liquid lighting, atronach synergy...

The synergies just doesn't work properly or appear properly. Let's not forget the fact that sometimes, especially when you move, that a synergy-symbol pops up when you've moved far out of the "logical reachable" distance of the synergy.

Dropped a spear on my friend the other day. He couldn't take the synergy. When he walked away, the synergy popped up. (He didnt leave at once, so it's got nothing to do with the skill taking a few seconds to "activate" synergy).

That's how I always see them behave. It can't tell you are in a synergy until you "wiggle" and it updates the position check.
    If you want to use a synergy, move a little.

Yes, synergies suck and rely on the other person placing it properly, then the person being able to trigger it and then them actually triggering it at the right time.
    You want people to work together that perfectly and be 3 times perfect? You're out of your minds ZOS.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Synergies worked well before ZOS nerfed the radius to current levels.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    synergies are horrible, they will pop up on your screen then disappear real quick, esp annoying on console when I have to mash y and b and instead end up casting skills instead of proccing a synergy. those sets from vmol all rely on synergy, tanks cant get good uptime on alkosh and magplars cant keep up their moondancer.

Even worse when it lags, just refuses to happen so I end up losing dps just to proc shards or orbs and fail. It needs to be reworked or fixed cause it is a hassle trying to proc synergies
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite is when I'm using a channeled ability (Jesus beam etc) and all I'm seeing is X X X X X but soon as that channel finishes... NOTHIN!

Agree with all these comments on here, synergies are not only vital but also extremely unreliable. Dunno what ZoS has to do to fix it but it absolutely should be a priority.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

Agree. They're so unreliable now they've been trivialized in most parts of the game. Not worth the time or trouble to chase.
    Shadow hide you.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

@ZOS_RichLambert maybe the soultion evovles greater range?
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt read all the post so sorry if someone said this already, but on Xbox1 it's much worst. You have to hit two buttons at the same time with ur thumbs and if they are not hit at the same exact time it won't go off. So not only do you have the rng if the synergy but you also have the chance of not hitting the two buttons at the same time ugh.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on September 18, 2017 5:25AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There also have been reports on the German forum that you can use your own synergy in rare cases, such as Impale from DK Talons. Something with synergies is completely amiss. I didn't understand why they changed the activation radius in the first place.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    There also have been reports on the German forum that you can use your own synergy in rare cases, such as Impale from DK Talons. Something with synergies is completely amiss. I didn't understand why they changed the activation radius in the first place.

Yeah , same thing happened with Bone Shield a while ago . You could activate the synergy yourself . I think they fixed it .

Every single comment on this thread is about how synergies are messed up and unreliable . Hope we can get a proper dev comment soon .
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you guys watch the stream where the devs ran Falkreath Hold?

During the stream, @Drummerx04 writes in the Twitch chat, "Gina, please tell the tank to synergize the ORBS."

And then on the stream, you can hear:
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom: We're getting a call out to use the orb synergies.
    @ZOS_RichLambert: Yea, Mike!
    @ZOS_Finn: [sarcastically] Yea, they're super easy and reliable.

This exchange happens at 42:00 into the stream:
    https://youtu.be/mt3IOFVHt5Y?t=42m

So... at least the devs are aware of the problem. :D
    Edited by code65536 on September 18, 2017 9:15AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch