The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Would Make You Leave ESO?

• m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For me it would be an accumalation of things. Since 2013, I have came seriously close to ending it with the game. But, I didnt.

However, there are things now that is causing me to push away from the game in a way i haven't ever done before. The list for me that is accumalatory and is the reason im playing alot less.

1. Nerfs and Buffs - getting beyond tired of it. They are too sporadic and too frequent.
    2. Too few drops on items like skins, motiffs, weapons, etc. The locations are also aprobem most require grps to obtain and many runs.
    3. Too much group only content that gives decent items as rewards.
    4. Problematic issues, like sign ons, lagging out, crashes, banking issues, etc.
    5. Elevated cost of items in the crown store - for example 6000k for a motiff.
    6. Catering to new people that come and go like the wind - versus loyal long time players. ( something not all mmo's do)
    7. Too many bound gear items that force you to play a certain way to obtain, making solo players, and casualy players at a
    clear disadvantage to have quality competitve gear like players that have time - they cant even buy them.
    8. Customer service too hard to communicate with...not just dropping a problem ticket - but communication.
    9. Not addressing botting better.
    10. Bad new idea that if player reports a player that player gets auto ignored --- This says to me as customer- ' That I dont have sense enough to know when to put someone on ignore ' and ' Ok now you reported them, now shut up about it, cause we dont want to know anything more about it.'

The final straw for me would be if they pushed away, even slowly from the RPG Elder Scrolls environment ( For which is why i play this game).

These are a few of my personal disappointments.
    Edited by m12d12_ESO on August 18, 2017 6:46PM
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not much now to be honest, been a big fan of the game for 2+ years now but u took a little break because of vacation and holidays & I'm certainly not missing the elitism or b¡tchiness of some players on Xbox EU
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    Animation Cancel removal or nerf to weapon damage. I like to stack weapon damage and drink cold beer.
    Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they nerf things so much that it takes 20 minutes to kill a skeever, and I end up feeling like I can never make any progress with my character. Hard to make progress with a character when whatever skill/armor/weapon you use gets nerfed, so you choose something new, then that gets nerfed too, so you choose something new again, then that gets nerfed. That's just frustrating.

If that happens, I'll consider leaving. They aren't there yet, but it's going in that direction unless they stop.

Edited by SydneyGrey on August 18, 2017 6:48PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boredom. Existing content is no longer satisfying, new content is not interesting.

Rampant Cheating. Be it bots, multibox farmers, or just plain CE, if they can do it and ZOS does not seem to care, or they care but are ineffective at handling it, I will leave until they handle it. It has happened before with this game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably if the loyalty rewards from year 1 become buyable. Even if people used a loophole by buying lots of game time in order to get the rewards they were still time limited. Those rewards are the last bit of proof that ZOS was decent and cared for the players as much as they cared for money. The crown only motifs and the crown crates show me they lost this ideal. If they come back as a cash grab i will lose what little faith in ZOS i still have and refuse to support them
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if the next dungeon are easier than Hotr dungeons.
    IC dungeons was hardcore at the biginning
    Shadow of the hist was less hard at the beginning
    Hotr are a Joke .

Also if they make the game P2W
    Ifthey make transmog Eso+ or Crownstore
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that would make me stop playing would be if the game was no longer being developed. I would then move on to something different. I do not get all snow flake about every little perceived injustice about video games. If I like a game I play it until I am tired of playing it. ESO is so far in my wheel house it will be hard to get tired of playing it.

Even if TES 6 released tomorrow. I will still be logging into ESO frequently.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if a better game came out
  • Rougestar
    Rougestar
    If ZOS stopped adding new content/ supporting the current content.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing. I ain't never leaving. When the game shuts down in 50 years I will stare at the launcher waiting to say the game is coming back on line till life leaves my body.

I don't know why, but this has been haunting me since I read it...

O.O;
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any good game getting released. Won't be for awhile.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If rng gets any friggan worse and if we never get jewelry crafting in the mext 2 years tops im out
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they forced PvP in a way that was inescapable, i.e. being part of a tutorial or a gate needed to access really necessary PvE content like alliance zones.
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any future update re-creates the issues with trials that console faced in Homestead, I'm done day 1. I only log in for raids now and that would be the end of that.
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nothing
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    If someone told me I'm the most terrible player in ESO history

I'd uninstall right away before eating ice cream and crying myself to sleep

You're the most terrible player in ESO history.
    What flavor ice cream are you fixin binge raid?
    J/K ;)

You don't deserve ice cream!!!
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing short of Nuclear War .

That is why we at Vault-Tec Depot have contingency plans to move the ZoS Server into a secret vault in D.C. So even if we were to experience a global thermonuclear war. You can still invade Cyrodiil from the comfort of your new and improved Vault-Tec 9001 Personal vault system.

Here at Vault Tec Depot, we think ... So you don't have to!
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I stop having fun.
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    No rewarding casual gameplay.
    RNG getting worse.
    Lore going in a direction drastically different from the current one.
    DLCs and Chapters that contain no actual content.
    Crown store becoming even more expensive - I understand it's just cosmetics but cosmetics, at least for me is a very important aspect that makes this game, or any game, more interesting. It means I don't have to watch the same outfits, same mounts etc.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there,
    We have removed several posts from this thread as they were either off topic or bashing. If this behavior continues, this thread will be locked.
    Regards,
    Matt
    Edited by ZOS_MattL on August 18, 2017 8:27PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The increasingly unstable servers are certainly pushing me towards wanting to leave.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 18, 2017 8:33PM
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nicer weather outside
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be completely honest, for me Elder Scrolls 6.
    Beyond that, I have no idea.
  • VinyParsley2016
    VinyParsley2016
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this thread get locked, I will leave.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the propensity of posts begins to tilt more towards the "why cant we have a more grape shade of dye" or "I demand X mount be brought back to the store"

We are heading that way now, as a mid life MMO thats to be expected. However the "culture" of the mmo is still around gear, rotation application in dungeons and PVP, stats and how they affect outcomes.

I would say ESO has 2 years tops left to be a gamers MMO before the casuals take over. None of this is meant as a slam, its just how most MMO's play out now via greed of the developers.

5 years is about the max you get for good content and good gaming value.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the unplayable state of eso on console continues after the xbox one x comes out, then im out. The unplayable state of cyrodil, the awful lag, the way customer service ignores you and devs/comm managers ignore it on the forums. I mean, game mechanics aside, all those things make it very hard to just simply play the game on xbox.

And people i know keep quitting because of the awful lag.. So if the new xbox dont fix it and they dont offer a platform change, or at least fix it by then,(since its only been getting worse for many months) then im out. Its sad that so many of my friends on xbox wont give it that long, they are gone.
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Work. And that will probably remain temporary. I do contract jobs, and since the very early beginnings I've taken months at a time off. Had to, 16 hour days for weeks on end and such.

And then there is training season - I do long distance cycling with a 150 mile ride in April, so I often become scarce in game in Q1, etc.

But so far I do think I will continue to return. Overall I'm very satisfied with the game. Lots of little things get on my nerves (especially lack of conosle QoL updates), and I'll play other stuff - but nothing that makes me think I will leave and never come back.
    Edited by Riptide on August 18, 2017 9:00PM
    Esse quam videri.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly boredom. Im on a break now. The things I like to do in the game aren't rewarding, so people don't do them. Now I'm alone. So I don't do them.

Although on the good side I forgot how much fun it was to shock Vette over and over again. Oh well, after I play through a couple story lines maybe I'll wonder back. Or maybe off to somewhere else.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually new MMO Ashes of Creation might make me leave..
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
This discussion has been closed.