The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Would Make You Leave ESO?

• ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MattL wrote: »
    Hey there,
    We have removed several posts from this thread as they were either off topic or bashing. If this behavior continues, this thread will be locked.
    Regards,
    Matt

When I said "Zenimax" would be the reason I would leave, I was serious. ZOS runs the game. They would be the only ones who would be able to make it not worth playing. And honestly, tell me in a single sentence what you offer to end game players who have completed all content. Why should we stay when you cater to casuals and rip off your customer base with 6000 crown motifs "for a limited time" (Until you put it in the gamble boxes. Like the Dromathra tiger.) So seriously; I'm not trolling, what do you offer the players who've spent thousands on your game besides a total money drain. Check my account, I've spent at least 3 thousands real dollars on this game. So why should I continue to do so?
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just lock the thread, ZoS. This is a thread about negative criticism, something that you are all too far sensitive to receive.

Also, over-moderation ends up looking really bad on your company, by the way. Embrace negative criticism, not hide from it. You might learn a thing or two about what your customers really want.
    Edited by Rygonix on August 18, 2017 10:38PM
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it stops getting support and new content.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rygonix wrote: »
    over-moderation ends up looking really bad on your company, by the way. Embrace negative criticism, not hide from it. You might learn a thing or two about what your customers really want.

This.
    Edited by ComboBreaker88 on August 18, 2017 10:40PM
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    What would be the one thing to push you over the edge and leave the game for good?

Shutting off the Servers

This ^^....or a coffin, whichever comes first for me :p
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing. I ain't never leaving. When the game shuts down in 50 years I will stare at the launcher waiting to say the game is coming back on line till life leaves my body.

i wouldn't count on it my friend!

I died 3 weeks ago & im still playing (flatlined while under the knife)
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    If gear is raised to 180 cp, with no way to increase the level of 160 to 180, I will uninstall in a heartbeat.
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any of the following

--> Continued skill nerfs caused by incessant PvP whining.
    --> failure to address cheating (bots, CE users) in any meaningful way.
    --> continued performance failures like experienced last night.
  • SakuraTokito
    SakuraTokito
    ✭✭✭
    A Klondike bar
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MattL wrote: »
    Hey there,
    We have removed several posts from this thread as they were either off topic or bashing. If this behavior continues, this thread will be locked.
    Regards,
    Matt

If you lock this thread ill quit. Clearly it would show me we have a bunch of incompetent children who can't take criticism well running things at ZOS.

Well the incompetent part has already been confirmed... so basically all it would tell me is that you guys are hopeless.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The grind getting to be too much... and I am at my upper limit of that crap now.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If theres no new additions to open world pvp, such as in cyrodiil etc. Sure IC was/is my favorite dlc to date, but its kinda overlooked atm and its years ago. Bring in more new open world pvp areas to explore and fight in.

Also: fix pvplagg

PC EU
    PvP only
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm debating quitting right now.

Competitive end game is really toxic.
    Grind is endless, and not rewarding.
    All the good stuff is incresingly expensve in real $$$.
    Trading going down hill due to bots, undercutting, and people who spend all day flipping.
    Spending all day farming SOMETHING to try and make enough gold to buy something else. And keep up with repairs.

Literally sitting here wondering why I still play.

realized I wasn't having fun anymore, same daily RNG grind like some kinda job from HELL, just to get some different gear to try.

called it enuff for a while, canceled sub, stopped playing. I'll look in now and again to see if there's any new content (no dungeon), or any improvement (transmog, tokens for loo buys, not the gawd horrid RNG, change gear to BOE, rather than BOP, etc.).
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've already made the game P2W technically... so they cant really do much more. We have to pay for all the new content anyways, so idk.
    Master Debater
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    If ZOS throw lore to the guar. I play ESO because of TES lore.

Sorry to break it to you, but the lore has already been "revised" many, many, many, many times.....
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When subscriptions become mandatory again. Knowing I can take off and return at any time without having to pay is all that matters.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yubarius wrote: »
    If gear is raised to 180 cp, with no way to increase the level of 160 to 180, I will uninstall in a heartbeat.

But there will be a way to increase gear from cp160 to cp180. Craft new gear or go farm it again. It's no different than when another MMO game increases the level cap. You have to go farm new gear...Usually from a new dungeon.

Now being that this is One Tamriel, I really don't see the need to increase gear level. It serves no purpose since everything in the game is basically cp160.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long loading screens disconnects terrible lag and bugged abilities
    Oh wait...
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would tell you, but they would all be lies.
  • spikesaurus
    spikesaurus
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as Elder Scrolls 6 is released I'll be gone.
    I honestly really dislike doing group content (I'm a healer), its always just such an ego fest with elitists complaining its all too easy & if you're struggling you ask them for help and the reply is "get gud"...
    Then they complain no-one wants to do stuff, well.... maybe try teaching people if you're so good.. Or try helping people in a friendly way & not being a rude condescending butthole.
    And not everyone can spend 10hrs a day in-game, many people work & only have an hour or two.
    Some of the best things in this game have been my time spent with in-game friends doing fun stuff, like challenging ourselves to taking each of the IC flags with nothing but tabbards on and no weapons to see how long we last before someone with weapons & gear kills us.....or funnier, when we mass punched someone to death..
    But also some of the biggest problems the game faces is the attitudes & behaviour of many of its players. That and the constant bugs & problems with basic game functionality.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The morrowind changes made me left.

Didn't touch this game since then.

i just can;t get into that stupid heavy attack playstile.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get bored of it and find another MMO I like better.

(Which is hard because this is Elder Scrolls)
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    losing a little interest now. it'd be nice to have a fair guild trading system or a worldwide auction.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this thread considered inflammatory?
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly really dislike doing group content (I'm a healer), its always just such an ego fest with elitists complaining its all too easy & if you're struggling you ask them for help and the reply is "get gud"...
    Then they complain no-one wants to do stuff, well.... maybe try teaching people if you're so good.. Or try helping people in a friendly way & not being a rude condescending butthole.
    And not everyone can spend 10hrs a day in-game, many people work & only have an hour or two.
    Some of the best things in this game have been my time spent with in-game friends doing fun stuff, like challenging ourselves to taking each of the IC flags with nothing but tabbards on and no weapons to see how long we last before someone with weapons & gear kills us.....or funnier, when we mass punched someone to death..
    But also some of the biggest problems the game faces is the attitudes & behaviour of many of its players. That and the constant bugs & problems with basic game functionality.

So basically, your view is the people who are actually good at playing the game are the ones who are the problem? Is this correct?

I'm just trying to understand your viewpoint, not meant to be insulting in any way
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I stop having fun, I'm done.

If the powers that be continue to make ESO+ less and less worth having, I will eventually drop ESO+.

If the game moves towards even more small dungeon packs/tiny DLC's and even less larger pieces of content, I'll have to start taking breaks as I am running out of PvE fun stuff to do that I haven't done before.

If my newfound love for PvP someday turns into something I hate doing, I'll stop doing it, in ESO.

If a new game shows up that grabs my attention to the same extent ESO did in the very beginning, I'll have to move on and dedicate my gaming time to mostly playing that game, with random occasional drop ins for ESO.

But for now, I'm not at a point where I am considering leaving. I do expect that the day will eventually come, as it does for a lot of people. But it won't be any time soon unless some terribad combination of the above were to happen. Or some crazy life situation happened and I had to deal with that.

PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

So basically, your view is the people who are actually good at playing the game are the ones who are the problem? Is this correct?

I'm just trying to understand your viewpoint, not meant to be insulting in any way

the ones with bad attitudes and "ugly" behavior.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wife aggro.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Those "elite dps" are usually total crap and get their asses carried by healers and tanks. As soon as some rando dps in the group says "this is easy" when entering a DLC vet dungeon, it's a good sign they're going to die a lot, flame, and then bail.
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Constant blue screens, constant lag, constant kicking off the server,
This discussion has been closed.