The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Would Make You Leave ESO?

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm this topic again, eh? It'd be interesting to one day go back and see how my answers change over time.

Presently, I plan to quit when CU comes out. IRL obligations may hasten my departure though, as they have dramatically decreased my playtime this month and I have no reason to believe this trend will reverse. No matter how frustrating the failures of this game are as it relates to combat (one of many diverse examples, I got triple CCed this week. I didn't think ZOS could top a double CC but shows what I know), being honest with myself, I don't think I will quit. My opinion of ESO can ever-sour for it, of course.

...Here's another example. I got a gap-closer crash (level up from a load screen) and I logged back in, in cyro, without the faction emp buffs and battle spirit, but didn't realize it until I got rekt hard multiple times by pugs. GG WP ZOS
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End game content is getting a bit dry already. For many its just, log on, writs, pledges, log off. I have about 200 keys now.

They really need to bring in a reason to go back into the dungeons. I've advocated for an armory like system that is hard to add items to, that would inspire me to go out and farm items again and it could address any CP increases to items.

Nut shell of what I'd like to see to get me back in the game farming, and the more dungeons, content they add, the more of this you can do.

1) Have the undaunted quartermaster give the farming quest, only opens up at CP200
    2) Have an armory location in each zone, ie, Fighters guilds, or places of note ie Amalexia temple in Deshaan, etc. as the drop off point (optional, can just be quartermaster, but it should be a menu like a crafting station)
    3) When the quest is active it selects a zone and it only effects that zone. Quest changes weekly, all sets in quest zone are available to be racked.

How it works, it is an extension of researching, but the timer is based on the grade of item. You can only add to the rack an item that you know the trait for. Lets say you were farming netches touch gloves and you have the 8 traits researched, and 8 variant of the gloves you can add them all to the armory to create a CP 200 set of gloves that is account bound. They are referred to as 'projects' and they start off crap, like a blank canvas, no armor, no ability to enchant, no durability, white temper

Each item trait you add improves the item, like this:

Well fitted - Temper increase by 1
    Training - Level cap removed
    Sturdy - Durability added
    Reinforced - Armor added
    Invigorating - Temper increased by 1
    Infused - Enchantments can now be added
    Impen - Temper increased by 1
    Divine - Temper increased by 1

Cannot add white or greens,
    If you add a blue it takes 24 hours
    Purple - 8 hours
    Gold - Instant

Requires level 4 in research to add items.

The armory can be accessed via a page like the champion points system, where you can select the item, load out any trait you've added and equip it.

That way the game actually has this enduring, very hard to complete goal of collecting all the sets, and trying to get even better items, it also means you can increase the CP level of items by adding content to the game, and not annoying people that have farmed all their gear already because it'll be useful and required to get the higher CP items.

Until I have a reason to go out because it offers improvement to my toons, I won't. I'm pretty much at end game now with nothing to do, other than make a new toon. I'm leveling one now, and he already has a set ready for him so he won't be end game farming either :/
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    Already gone ... I stop in from time to time get bored and leave added with the disgusting bussiness practices .. not worth the effort better mmos out there and better to come for sure!!
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    If ZOS throw lore to the guar. I play ESO because of TES lore.

same for me. Even if the devs released updates that made playing really uncomfortable, lore is most important for me
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild leaving for another game No wait, that already happened. And here I still am, like an egg. sad headshake

If only it hadn't been WoW. I just don't like WoW.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they ingrease gear level from cp160 to something else, id seriously think about it
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    if gina got a nose job
  • Simit
    Simit
    ✭✭
    I never read up on the game when i bought it only a few month ago, my very bad, still no really used to all this console rubbish since pc fried, but anyhow aye am becoming rather annoyed at having to pay for ps plus to play an thats going to prob be deciding factor since i like to sub aswell.

I told final fantasy online dont require plus so if it true i prob just use that as mmo fix till i can afford new pc, it a shame eso im finding enjoyable just no £15:99 a month (Once plus goes up) Enjoyable, an there no way im playing without a craft bag lol
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a prettier younger mmo with firm mechanics
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Permanently quit.
    1) ESO 2
    Tenperorily quit.
    1)TES 6 (Probably will quit ESO for a year but after that will return with decrease play session because will be playing modded TES 6 mostly)
    2)Burn out (Will skip playing ESO for 2 weeks to a month but then return with full session)

However there is a chance after a few years of TES 6 , I'll play ESO a lot more because I'll want to know more about tamriel.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • letsdothedungeonslow
    I'm debating quitting right now.

Competitive end game is really toxic.
    Grind is endless, and not rewarding.
    All the good stuff is incresingly expensve in real $$$.
    Trading going down hill due to bots, undercutting, and people who spend all day flipping.
    Spending all day farming SOMETHING to try and make enough gold to buy something else. And keep up with repairs.

Literally sitting here wondering why I still play.

It would appear that you and I have reached a similar mindset.

For me, I'd add to the list that I've been unable to find a guild where callouts in guild chat or discord have enabled me to form a group for vDSA or a progression group for BGs. Or even a reliable group to do pledges and HMs with, actually, And I've tried a fair few of varying sizes and approaches.

I'd also add that the stuff I'm meant to be doing when I've reached the level that I am (getting towards longterm player by ESO standards) - i.e. trials - is just so bad from noth a technical POV (insane lag) and interesting value (how is whaling on something with 50m HP for several minutes FUN?).

To be honest, if there were 20 more dungeons of the quality of the DLC vet dungeons, I'd have more to do. But there just isn't, and a company that puts endless resources into developing new skins and pets and aesthetics and houses, and not into playable content, is just not interesting when you;ve done all the content.

When I first played BGs, I made a stam and a mag character to try and get into these game modes, but can't find a consistent bunch to play with.

If I can't find a group soon I'm gonna be done.
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing short of Nuclear War .

right now chances are that will slow a few Korean grind games down also...
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    knowing my luck I'll leave the day before they put the broom through the dev dept and this game starts to move forward sensibly ;)
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Hmmm this topic again, eh? It'd be interesting to one day go back and see how my answers change over time.

Presently, I plan to quit when CU comes out. IRL obligations may hasten my departure though, as they have dramatically decreased my playtime this month and I have no reason to believe this trend will reverse. No matter how frustrating the failures of this game are as it relates to combat (one of many diverse examples, I got triple CCed this week. I didn't think ZOS could top a double CC but shows what I know), being honest with myself, I don't think I will quit. My opinion of ESO can ever-sour for it, of course.

...Here's another example. I got a gap-closer crash (level up from a load screen) and I logged back in, in cyro, without the faction emp buffs and battle spirit, but didn't realize it until I got rekt hard multiple times by pugs. GG WP ZOS

so you're saying without emp buffs you are hopeless? no wonder peeps pay for emp...
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    life
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS ever decided to betray subscribers and take DLC content that all subscribers should have access to, call it something else and release it as a standalone package. Maybe if they bundled some other stuff they had lying around or added a new class just to justify pretending that this DLC was something more than just another DLC.

That would be the last straw for me.
  • Digielf
    Digielf
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is not a game where you can just leave it for good, you will always return at some point in the future when they unlock more of Tamriel. It's the biggest Elder Scrolls game you will ever get and it will involve the entire world of Tamriel.
    Edited by Digielf on August 19, 2017 7:53AM
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Camelot Unchained (coming soon 2018 :D )
    2) CP 180
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    1) Camelot Unchained (coming soon 2018 :D )
    2) CP 180

1) you are very $%^ing hopeful
    as am I...
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    If ZOS ever decided to betray subscribers and take DLC content that all subscribers should have access to, call it something else and release it as a standalone package. Maybe if they bundled some other stuff they had lying around or added a new class just to justify pretending that this DLC was something more than just another DLC.

if I ever need a camel to cross a desert,could I hire you pls Yolo,you seem to have an extraordinarily strong back ;)
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rdy all the time , but there is no good game in the market , so I stay and wait, its free
    I wont buy extra crowns , not even think about eso plus
    Because the servers are suck , its not worth :smile:
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Constant nerfs and balance issues, lag, server instability, long load screens, people cheating and using macros in pvp.

My whole guild is looking for the another game to move to, the one we are going to end up on will most likely be Ashes of Creation but it's still going to be a long time before that releases (end of 2018 by the looks of it)
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rahotu wrote: »

if I ever need a camel to cross a desert,could I hire you pls Yolo,you seem to have an extraordinarily strong back ;)

"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong."
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    Rahotu wrote: »

"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong."

reported for trying to break my brain
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably when another MMO grabs my attention.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MattL wrote: »
    Hey there,
    We have removed several posts from this thread as they were either off topic or bashing. If this behavior continues, this thread will be locked.
    Regards,
    Matt

There's bashing, then there's criticism.

If you lisened to the latter, you wouldn't get the former. I realize you are a mod. You have no say in the creative processes of the company. But what are we left to do, when this is the only reaction that gets even the minute attention of those in charge?
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on August 19, 2017 1:07PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've allready left. This has really been due to ZOS's treating of the feedback in the PTS like 'suggestions' and outright changing things in the final release.

This company has been one of the hardest to make lisen I have ever seen. Couple this with a 'vision' from those directing the current balance and gameplay direction that seems to defy any instinct or common sense, and genuine contempt for a userbase that has -got- to what it has now because of this attitude, and I do not think this company has what it takes to run this game anymore.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This mmo has me frustrated with its limited boring classes to play. I just find them so crappy to play now. I really wish this game would open up to creating unique classes like the single player TES games do. And the limited console hotbar thing is just so lame because some player get confused if the have more than 6 abilities to use.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only boredom will make me leave. I'm noticing in the last year or so I haven't really enjoyed the game as much as before, so I'm getting there slowly. Plus, 2-3 years is a very long period in gaming, lots of new games on the horizon.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more whiners ! The world would be ending anyway!
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on August 19, 2017 1:21PM
This discussion has been closed.