The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What Would Make You Leave ESO?

Enemy-of-Coldharbour
Enemy-of-Coldharbour
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What would be the one thing to push you over the edge and leave the game for good?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll leave if there's nothing left for a casual play session. Luckily for me, there's content for all playstyles right now (pvp, super-powered pve, casual exploring, fishing, decorating...)
    PC-EU
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The missus
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it is no longer fun to play. Until then, I'm here to stay.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm debating quitting right now.

Competitive end game is really toxic.
    Grind is endless, and not rewarding.
    All the good stuff is incresingly expensve in real $$$.
    Trading going down hill due to bots, undercutting, and people who spend all day flipping.
    Spending all day farming SOMETHING to try and make enough gold to buy something else. And keep up with repairs.

Literally sitting here wondering why I still play.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild moving on to another game. They've been the only thing keeping me here for a few years now.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quit when I need to sleep or run some errands. I will admit that I often procrastinate both. I am just not a good quitter. Lack the dedication.
    Edited by idk on August 18, 2017 5:39PM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it would be any form of PVP (other than dueling) outside of Cyrodiil.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boredom, finding myself repeating the same missions and farm routes to acquire materials for no particular reason, a lack of goal or desire to push towards one.

(I haven't logged in since a couple weeks after MW dropped.)
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I lose interest in PvP, it's over.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 things :

1. Camelot Unchained
    2. Ashes of Creation
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they come out and say they're never going to fix the vet Maelstrom arena or Dragonstar so I might actually be able to beat it. Then I will leave. There's still hope right now.
  • QUEZ420
    QUEZ420
    ✭✭✭✭
    World of Warcraft 2.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be the one thing to push you over the edge and leave the game for good?

Always one or more of three below:

1. Better MMO comes along
    2. MMO is deserted by players, devs, or both
    3. Burnt out at last.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Midori_Oku
    Midori_Oku
    ✭✭✭
    The day they start selling weapons, armor, or jewelry in any shape or form. Not including joke weapons and armor such as the broom and bucket.
    Midori Oku - Female High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Allesse Nightvale - Female Wood Elf - Stamina Dragonknight
    Raelette Velaoche - Female Breton - Magicka Templar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shutting off the Servers
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO 2
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my friends move on. Loved this game for a long time. I'm fine with nerfs but the last to patches are a bit too much all at once. My friends keep me here now
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone told me I'm the most terrible player in ESO history

I'd uninstall right away before eating ice cream and crying myself to sleep
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting thing about Game Theory.

Are you playing the right game? Most MMO's are what is called "infinite" games. There is no winning or losing in these games. The purpose of infinite games is to keep playing.

The problem comes when we have "finite" players playing in "infinite" game. This causes chaos.
    A finite game is a game that has fixed rules and boundaries, that is played for the purpose of winning and thereby ending the game.

An infinite game has no fixed rules or boundaries. In an infinite game you play with the boundaries and the purpose is to continue the game.

Finite players are serious; infinite games are playful.

Finite players try to control the game, predict everything that will happen, and set the outcome in advance. They are serious and determined about getting that outcome. They try to fix the future based on the past.

Infinite players enjoy being surprised. Continuously running into something one didn't know will ensure that the game will go on. The meaning of the past changes depending on what happens in the future.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to re start from scratch
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The progression is already dimming down with 20 nerfs a patch. But hey I get 30cp right. This right here is why I contemplate leaving. That or bug fixed that just never work or issues ignored by dev for months on end.

If cyrodiil doesn't get some love soon I'll probably call it for a few years. Same fight same places everyday. Especially when 80% of cyrodiil never gets seen.
  • zcripturez
    City of Heroes 2
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing short of Nuclear War .
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removal of animation cancelling, or Cp180 gear without a form to upgrade ours might do it for me.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ESO community. I'm already in a [snip] mood after every PUG Vet dungeon due to the inevitable blame-game, arguments, and bossiness occurs. It's only a matter of time until I say screw it and move back to single player games.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 24, 2017 9:05PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing. I ain't never leaving. When the game shuts down in 50 years I will stare at the launcher waiting to say the game is coming back on line till life leaves my body.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Bluepitbull13
    Bluepitbull13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Real p2w, not the crap on the forums that people spew about cosmetic/motifs being p2w.

The real p2w like gear/weapons that hold an advantage in game that make people with money WIN. NOT winning at a crafting station.
    PC-NA
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS throw lore to the guar. I play ESO because of TES lore.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    If someone told me I'm the most terrible player in ESO history

I'd uninstall right away before eating ice cream and crying myself to sleep
    Assuming you get some sort of proof.

I might have seen worst player, an lvl 40 tank in nCoA2 one sword, empty off hand.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
This discussion has been closed.