The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Have you purchased a home? If so have you decorated it?

• Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and it's work in progress
    Ja. I bought the house in Narsis and it is currently a WIP. It just takes time to make money and resources to fully furnish it.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and it's fully decorated
    If I ever come into a lot of cash I'll go ahead and buy one of the Manors. Kinda would like that Clan Mother title.

But now I have Autumn's Gate in The Rift and that Imperial House in Malabal Tor, though Autumn's Gate is my main residence. I love the Skyrim feel to it. My Golden Retriever and White Senche are inside by the fireplace while my Colovian Highland Wolf mount is outside enjoying the campfire.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I been investing into patterns alot more than houses atm, up to about 1,167 patterns and 2 houses Hundings + DC manor both fully decorated (DC my primary).

Really do have wished the grand manor was for gold in game as well but it appears to be only crowns and my guess limited time offer again blah.
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on August 2, 2017 10:19PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    decorated... but the question is properly decorated for a few of them might not be proper terms... my snugpod has 8 jestar flags next to the bed....
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I have partially decorated it but it's dead Jim. I'm not going to decorate it anymore.
    I bought humblemud for a quick port to Dhalmora. It has 2 target skellies & some dungeon busts in the tiny backyard.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I have not purchased a home
    Not until it has storage
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slow progress.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All 25 of my homes are works in progress. Only 1 is "done", but I keep adding to it. Parts not having the recipes, items, achivements, etc vs not having materials. I farm a lot so I don't buy mats to craft furniture.
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    I have two starter apartments, one fully furnished and one just a storage unit for stuff I've pickpocketed; and three homes, one of which is fully furnished, one isn't furnished at all, and my new favorite and current primary residence, Sleek Creek House, looks mostly finished but I still have plenty of room to add decorations as I learn new recipes. Sleek Creek is all I need, it's perfect location and size wise and I'm very happy with the way the decor is turning out.

It's funny, I wasn't into housing as an idea at all, but then I won a staple home from a guild raffle and slowly started changing my mind, until last night when I wanted to go to bed and spent a further three hours on SCH, tweaking banners and potted plants.

Barbie Dream Home: Tamriel Edition can sneak up on your affections.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they added npcs and such like guards, cooks, servants, minstrels, etc.

Think about a minstrel playing some sort of this music in your house when someone walks through the front door or outside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP_TUk88O_s
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ceridwynne wrote: »
    I have all the free inn rooms and the jungle house and plan to buy some more. Only one inn room is fully furnished and the jungle house was a work in progress but it's been a couple months since I've worked on it.

I was really excited about housing at first but now I'm a little disappointed. I love decorating but the costs in gold and materials is really discouraging. The item limit is also a problem. I want to be able to fully decorate a house inside and out. We shouldn't have to decide whether to have an amazing interior or exterior.

I also wished it had more features and functions. I am not going to bother with crafting stations because I keep my most of my characters parked in Belkarth for crafting dailies and any sets that I need are not hard to reach (I just sell my Imperial City writs.) Test dummies don't interest me because the only character I run dungeons/trials with is a healer, and I rarely do those. I would really like to have at least some armor/weapon storage so that I could use my different sets to decorate with so I don't have to carry them everywhere.

Houses also need some life added to them. I would like to be able to have npcs cooking/cleaning/working around the house/yard. Maybe our pets and mounts could wander just a little bit. Everything just standing still just feels so boring.

I would like to be able to add some of the creatures we see running around in the game. A few squirrels, birds maybe a rabbit... just a few critters that maybe move around the immediate area you place them.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am poor and I need other things to worry about like food and gear.
    Homes are for rich people . I am happy in my inn room .
    Perhaps someday, I will have a small or medium sized home .
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and it's "full" but I need more space before it's considered complete
    Yep. I bought when when homestead launched. I've spent at least 3-5 million gold on housing so far.

There definitely needs to be more space though. You can't fill up both a garden and interior space with 600-700 items.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 3, 2017 3:30AM
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I have not decorated it
    I'm still wondering why this post wasn't moved to "Housing" category. Also am wondering if the mods are selective about which threads they move and which treads they choose NOT to move or delay for greater exposure.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently bought a home ........ just as i thought though im not into it.

Ohhhhh wellllll
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megabear wrote: »
    I'm still wondering why this post wasn't moved to "Housing" category. Also am wondering if the mods are selective about which threads they move and which treads they choose NOT to move or delay for greater exposure.

8 minutes after you said soemthing @Megabear and it's moved, haha. I imagine it depends on what happens to float to the top while a mod is actively looking.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭
    I wanted to buy a house ever since they were on the PTS, but after release, it took me months to make a commitment. I was waiting for my installment of crowns and dismayed at the materials cost of making my own furniture. In addition, I just couldn't decide: I wanted to be near a wayshrine, I wanted a garden; one house was perfect except for an ugly metal grill across the balcony; another didn't have a separate bedroom; yet another had no windows (claustrophobic!) I liked the ones near water especially.

I was very attracted to Hunding's Palatial, but in the end, I decided it was just too large. I decided to buy a small house for gold, purchase a few furnishings with crowns and craft the rest as I go along. My woodworker can craft quite a lot of furniture now, so my house is cozy and comfortable.

My next step is to decide whether I need crafting stations and a banker, or if it's not so much bother to run to a city every day.

If I were to purchase another house, I would most desire a lighthouse or tower on a little island that was all my own.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main home is almost complete just need a ship, and to set up a trial dwemer dummy, and if I have the space, some piping. But I don't think I have the space, not even to fill my bookcases with readable books.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ruse
    Ruse
    ✭✭✭
    My Twin Arches is almost done -- the caveat is that except for one rug, the well and the palm trees being cash-shop only, I am crafting everything (non-achievement) myself.

I just need the tub that's coming, a tiny bit more clutter and a bit of yardwork :)
    Edited by Ruse on August 4, 2017 8:52PM
    Travels in Tamriel (screenshots + light RP blog)
    _.._.._.._.._.._.._

Jubilee | warden healer | white orc swamp witch
    Sarielle | templar healer | Imperial good girl

My Skyrim mods:
    Classic | SE
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I have not decorated it
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Megabear wrote: »

8 minutes after you said soemthing @Megabear and it's moved, haha. I imagine it depends on what happens to float to the top while a mod is actively looking.

More importantly the thread was magically unlocked all of sudden. It WAS locked around the same time the thread was moved without an official reason that the mods typically tackle on at the end.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sliding between this and it's dead Jim. I love my humble home but I very rarely visit.

^This. It's too big of a grind to hunt down most of the items I want to put into it.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    Not yes, as im waiting to see what houses get released for the clockwork city expansion. If theres a really good Morrowind styled manor that I enjoy, ill buy that.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouldertree Refuge

400/400 furniture space.....

....400 Daedric Throne, Skulls used.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Work in progress, from when i buyed it, it's going slow.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use my house as storage for dungeon trophies, training dummies, crafting stations, pets/mounts (10 slots are not enough), achievement furniture and some craftable items, items from ordinary furnishers (plants) and some of luxury furnishings. So far my house has a bit less than 310 items, can't remember precisely.

But it can never be finished - too limited space, not all furniture is accessible (locked behind crown store or horrible rng/whatever like legendary provisioner funiture recipes which I've only seen as links in CraftStore addon; let alone mysterious luxury vendor offers and completely new items being added with updates and dlcs). Even if I was always subscribed and had 700 slots, I wouldn't add anything beyond I normally add - I need to have all items I want before I can think about whole picture and how I want to place them. Not knowing which items I'll be able to get just kills the fun and wish to create something interesting :/
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some, but the only one I decorated is functioning as our guild house, with assistants, stations, dummy and an exhibition :)
    Edited by SirCritical on August 5, 2017 8:05PM
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and it's "full" but I need more space before it's considered complete
    Decorating my Manner has been a challenge for me and my Vampire Empress, but all in all it has come a long way, and still has more to go once the new Ayleid furniture arrives
    Screenshot_20170805_011857.png
    Screenshot_20170805_004703.png
    Screenshot_20170805_004815.png
    Screenshot_20170805_011146.png
    Screenshot_20170805_011258.png
    One must also remember to honor Molag Bal, the father of all Vampires, regardless of our secondary origins.
    Screenshot_20170805_011505.png
    Always suspect something behind the curtain, amidst a mound of distraction...
    Screenshot_20170805_004936.png
    The NightMother would be pleased.
    Screenshot_20170805_005047.png
    Screenshot_20170805_005112.png
    Screenshot_20170805_005154.png
    Screenshot_20170805_005209.png
    Screenshot_20170805_005259.png
    Screenshot_20170805_005320.png
    Screenshot_20170805_005403.png
    Screenshot_20170805_005552.png
    Screenshot_20170805_005626.png
    Screenshot_20170805_005905.png
    Every receptionist needs their own little space.
    Screenshot_20170805_010007.png
    Meals for Mortals, and...immortals.
    Screenshot_20170805_010018.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010038.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010118.png
    Every guest needs a waiting room...or is it?
    Screenshot_20170805_010129.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010158.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010220.png
    Ah, the official "Undercroft".
    Screenshot_20170805_010231.png
    Every Castle needs a hidden room with a false floor...or two.
    Screenshot_20170805_010255.png
    And a well stocked...winery?
    Screenshot_20170805_010402.png
    Whats behind the curtain, er..."tapestry"?
    Screenshot_20170805_010438.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010503.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010521.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010527.png
    Every Vampire needs plenty to read...
    Screenshot_20170805_010538.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010551.png
    And Drink...
    Screenshot_20170805_010617.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010629.png
    As well as exquisite accommodations...
    Screenshot_20170805_010638.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010715.png
    Sithis Must always be honored.
    Screenshot_20170805_010800.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010812.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010915.png
    A comfortable Study is a must.
    Screenshot_20170805_010834.png
    And "Sleeping" arrangements too.
    Screenshot_20170805_010701.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010928.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010940.png
    One must also provision for one's "Family" and other "distinguished guests".
    Screenshot_20170805_010947.png
    Screenshot_20170805_010952.png
    Ensure you maintain your visibility to all those whom are your subjects.
    Screenshot_20170805_011742.png

Those are just a few, and I have more to decorate.
    But the 700 item limit is *almost* sufficient.
    I could do with another 100-200 more items, if it were feasible.
    Edited by OmniDo on August 5, 2017 8:21PM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    my main home (medium khajiit) is fully decorated. sometimes I adjust things. I've been buying a lot of other small homes to decorate too
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a heck of a lot of screenshots....still waiting for them all to load !
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, now that they are downloaded....pretty impressive. How did you manage to do all that within the 700 limit, or have you not 'furnished' the grounds?