Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Have you purchased a home? If so have you decorated it?

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and it's work in progress
    I bought the inn in mournhold over the event, because i need a roof to put my books on.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I have not purchased a home
    No purchase, but I have a room at a inn. It has a stool and a table.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I have partially decorated it but it's dead Jim. I'm not going to decorate it anymore.
    I have one of the manors, but honestly... I have ZERO desire to decorate it. It's not like I'm hosting dinner partys or balls at the manor.

Plus, the limitation on items and complete lack of NPCs makes it impossible for me to recognize my vision for my home. It's a MANOR... why can't I at least have a butler or a cook? For Merdia's sake... if I have enough for a manor, surely I have enough to hire some servants.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sliding between this and it's dead Jim. I love my humble home but I very rarely visit. Plus most paintings are too big to fit
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mainly just trying to get the attunable crafting stations to have the best ones all in one spot

This is what I am doing with mine too. At first I had the Twin Arches home in Bangkorai but later upgraded it to Mournoth Keep at the north end of Bangkorai. I like to grind out or craft everything myself, so as I get writ vouchers I am slowly purchasing crafting tables to fill my little workshop area. At the moment I am trying to stick to the Imperial City stations first so I don't have to go out there anymore to make writ items or occasional Armor Master requests from friends/guild members.. yeah apparently some people still wanna use that stuff. Also my house sits behind a wayshrine and across the road from a Dolmen so that's cool too.

I don't really feel like my house is incomplete at all, I have a lot of decorating done to the interior and exterior, a training dummy up on a rock platform I built a path to, walkable decks I added along the walls so people can look out past the annoying view blocking walls, and a deck/bar type of deal I built wrapping around the house up onto the roof with seating areas. Still have about 100 slots left to fill out with craft set tables or anything else that catches my eye.
    11.png
    love is love
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I have not decorated it
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    Bought the deluxe suite in mournhold

put a target skeleton in one corner

fully decorated

\o/

That's actually a splendid idea.. I should do that.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not buy a home until there is a reason for me to go back to it after I've bought it.

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, and I have partially decorated it but it's dead Jim. I'm not going to decorate it anymore.
    Yeah I got the island. It came furnished so looks pretty good. I've bought all the crafting stations and a few skeleton dummies. I've added all the pictures I've found and busts.

Don't think I've crafted a single piece of furniture yet, but I collect the motifs I find anyways. I haven't kept up with motifs since the faction ones were released.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my Snugpod - perfect location, and perfect size for my Khajiiti couriers, merchants, and knights-errant to use as a base.

It's getting decorated little by little - depending on what happens to drop for decoration, what friends and guildies gave me as gifts, and what I want to get for the place. Got a couple of things from the luxury vendor, but not a lot. There's still room.
    PC-EU
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and it's "full" but I need more space before it's considered complete
    I have several full houses... that I have to search for a decoration to remove every time I want to add something to them. Considering how many new decorations they keep releasing, this is a huge problem. Also, my houses all have sparse/unfinished areas.

Same here. :( It's really sad.

->--Willow--<-
  • Thrymbauld
    Thrymbauld
    ✭✭✭
    I've dabbled with mine a bit, and I go back there to use the target dummy when I diddle stuff around.

But honestly, it comes together slowly because there isn't any real use for the things. It's neat and all, but with no storage potential it loses a great deal of the value of a home.

Heck, in the real world one of the biggest reasons I bought my house because it has more room for my stuff compared to an apartment. Why would I look at game housing differently?
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Hundings and a couple of apartments. Hundings has the most stuff. I have all sorts of things there. Different areas of the house have different types of furnishings. Eventually though I will move things out from there to other houses that more fit the types of furnishings I have already created. I do have a couple areas at Hundings that will stay there, and all my crafting stuff and assistants will be there too.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need help. I feel overwhelmed by the housing system, I have no idea where to start or what to do :((
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    I have all the free apartments, they look good although not at the limit. I did buy twin arches, which I am not happy to have sometimes since I can't get on the roof. I have moments of decorating lust then I wander off.
    I bought Reverie last night since it was on my list, I paid gold so no furniture. That's fine since I have a number of pieces to swap in and out.
    I want the lake Lodge and have been saving my crowns for it. I'm pretty close to getting it. After that I will get the fence cottage, unfurnished.
    I like decorating and if anyone on PC/NA needs someone to help them out I'm more then happy to for a small fee
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and it's fully decorated
    I have all of the rooms, some small, medium and a large house. But the only property I use is my tiny rosy lion's inn room and that is fully decorated.
    PC EU
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was super-stoked for the addition of housing, but I was super-disappointed with the implementation. I'll get around to it one day.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decorated, Strident Springs and Old Mistveil Manor.

Undecorated, Daggerfall Overlook.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    More than one, all at the item limit ...
    shades.gif

I feel your pain!
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This and the target dummy are the primary uses of my manor. I am running out of room for trophies though.
    Psktt4u.jpg
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really into it for abouta week. Then I realized there no point in decorating a mansion because all you can do is look at it. Sadly I haven't even traveled to my houses in over 2 months.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each of the characters I play will eventually have their own homes. My mule can do what he wants with the free apartments. The rule is the characters can't put any trophies in their homes they don't earn themselves. They also can't use achievement furniture without first getting the achievement. My vampire broke that rule, but hey...vampire.

I have three homes close to done. One I am out of slots but would like to put in only four more non trophy items. I am limited to 10 trophies in that house so besides the four items I would like to also add more trophies.

My vampire has plenty of slots open but I think I will be done there before using them all.

My Khajiit is racist and only allows Khajiit furnishings in his home for items that have a race attached to the name. So he couldn't for instance have a Breton keg but can have a common keg. With his home I just need some smaller things to add some atmosphere to the place. It will probably be finished before I run out of space.

I also grabbed one of the very large houses kind of as an account wide house where I can do what I want without considering the personalities and achievements of my characters. Haven't started on that one yet.

My vampires home.

jPbmypMwWcHto2yVPyHShl4xm6YYqmuOvPZf3f3RBGxJfOkfzuC6YtLtlJ7UymEGD4oA6-AeX1PVQRgY0j9fPDUo64FaiyMyk1POH7mbQcm0RqCtuyJhTZU1VFikL_LlxIWRxluMrYXxfr8g3qEg5dYTWTNPfP0aE6CtyU0NHvg7UJy5Q9oAJ375qZ8_ATC_bpJ0BqkaWXUBZ3QIPx_CvgOzn9ZBrAc12GuVF_9UEyl6Du1sjoPqxlUyT7idXFDiw0bWbgXOXCekUdYMVec6FXm86vcmv7Jeh_zy2KYtZu0SOar_JL7rXDPyy88YzzAiSSWh6HI2oo4ZRN5r-QaS0bFGttrT5S6xf3ENvmIDbhC6OGCtSx8_kwuwjUgs_wiJvcgyLrahn9ZEEilg_iYbMx3kY21ErkMZwdwavY1rO_dbPsO3-FhtVGRxGH0diRGTG2S_X-hUv8GEwLXF7VMpqV_jb5EeQjQ1GuITIOw2Y9XmFXFl1EsfvN1L7luuWIm9-ttObVXYxHul-eR4Q9V3wawdJLNXps-8grEhfqOdGHLc98Wa0_CwwNYEM0R-os3bXquqCslufjiSbbH6Yv-HVsfQUO-ds5W4zEWvYUks_YD0M3m-lIu-tkFY=w1238-h698-no

whr-dxRWIA7KfqNn7skqrZHPcQp_toc61DjHGOM421WynDpZHLKc3fHsf54Nea2ZvHWjbErv6C1t2SnjhDnNtQDX7yzRn6KdAAlQgaa0SSuzwoX7lN6ZP9sCbPAOCKC07PduI0YFpBr_HZ3ryHd9-ycAqljWiT9k7JtOD90ZY3x5AB4lQ8DkapHfvyAHBIbNvbNQ_wilePEkVXJGgNQvd0G5zyUoFrHpiUprV07LTcy3YQ6MxFj--7_el9pl943mfuXmIHXg74YcicxItjMzaq2j_aC4VREMQVdgR3E0uvUWrUbymbEaDj-DZMNzcZOvlxsK9pKnlNhxnWIppWA8PG3_J4m0I96vgOLBpL6cPdLd7oQB94pPGETnWCbBEhrNlRZogLGMXb2AxclReocyn4QMj-0GCVjue5ADKzv2pAoCcEVcVNMD_qO480CtuldClHuhfY_Mwwi94KMTYcTjjWg2rBarsQYptK8cR0TN4f2_qXne--j7QVifTEpu2YkXQ78kBjLsdthaQXCIzTzQ0IE-7Mg-bIkhurfN1ZBEz14vQPxJ7vQBEV9JOv6CPt55vNENp7uW-ta5fgtgqtNJA83rDXHNwCLiyUFP3Vbl7YytcDSPVy97AW33=w1320-h750-no

tOw1bHOwkjYcmPhGQVOVNNa11LI1aWqT4rMasF8itxioYhQlWVYnf-e6xXF6u8_hxgX3ufSaKOiGYldVkJeF0cfUI7M3XaL2GQO9wbqf9Dpv_AqYZc1FewxOedCX9JXTEuftwArOzyI24TsYeqM1vzMivttApuIwfB2hqczg1OfnThjxiP97USnCqMex4rX85LdAyAVR0qtAQEnZOkTOAkZKNLP3VynibNFJne8HTwXk89pbxi_8ugPafylfpQqzeKdG1VtFjEah6tCgiSLAOPWfDSjPIL9diPHCVRqnbsEyr0fHQDSbiHPtpH4HJWNpUSLGwL31J7ALvQIvi-bhLtusD8v4gH8q0UXqYVbmxHZs6CzRxEpaPbsm_K_i_JQOP-a4PIZ60OdHIbGDWcYW-ZEY3wMeFV6ZTTmN0ks03Nl7fc_MGCCbpSnYghWuX7hcYD7PuwZMcLVkvWIP3TYghl1tNmNoB31sD4kOG0OyeAyd5atsAcbXamwB-5vd2O1YrBcguoAHd6vTWs8tkiuZul-AbGRRyLlbT8zKHyy4LoRJB2oaYMDSw10tp8gujjI9yLg9HFpinF4p_lF02ew4eD7mcsdy0lP_Ep6E8-v6oyw5YFl06Lxm81ZH=w1320-h750-no

9LpWoWThQ9oMaYw8y8i8JrCKTiIEyW-PCoQ8bSiNReDXr-WVajJ0KG4PWnrUZDRoJ1kA1CD3XFdLJU8DPbX5erHkuh3Y4ff22TBRY2A5s1LnkPgue8fceE_fsJvljXhw1Sgho6m_VkHvpIqLpNT2aRxIgTh8XqdnTpaUdTC9uSK_ccCLnMqnV5ZURTNOPtFXZnJR9gx2G66tQYkRfmJHQNPVT1iOpcnqBb2wYsgD5xnTRI9C1PpVi348r-ri0zkFn75778gLBuhrRFmQ_WGVZC5cGiOOY7YwglQdMKZ5A026_EIyq9OFQEhbI_2OUPcKyxRio0Mo1i2if0zeEFdRAgtJ7sQyTVtK6iovXw7kxVg9jNhISKrrSFLo05oe4NmmV2iBMmpaOpvsXmNyCgDEN3Whd3U21Ed_NEQb3tprkW4ngCZ9mXGo0tYI4v0PtZeMlUGCJH2MBv5AGFUnezGbboKFXcI6XxVqq-5ldd474oI6cuPcWnaNb2sYfPmS_0-8LiJiQ43E3EebdwUX4zMNQwn9_pL7oxdmh1ZQUQl9bTyu5WwkisRbRH8ZRE2uOAF2RPIVnURCV4VxqIsWKxZoyn-LC8uSYHF40dHYgo1IDTbRqcDcfV7F=w1320-h750-no

SKJMt04LOJf6iKsVHxQnDdblH6NUO0W8yoV3XzxFzaQvU9hFfHZKCpZc4qo8rz0CIXjnuevioY-5r0XOMhcOlrQvXSNqf0-ZrmnIxY3y54-yPA8U6LNEfKIT55-JdT5dp_B0E7lAoBNQLyJNr29dAu_6-2h1JeRNrUfBuh7Pf-aujFKOwlkAieWKt35KnlG0e2Vz0-gT7EkIZy7SGH6dB75YudUCTU2zzmkuPXmzn7MMO5aHn6lL92Fgw1yWpUG4KuOBubHfWkP9OBcpyFWLOcwSB1pU4UaSYadCPSj7h1ZqgSvjfvOn9QWRZlL_ws5Ke-3Z5O-_v5xiLCM2G3j7FruIulHoRo2NwycXSUzbiyJ9X0vieVzWvcjeVYeGAPmE-MutzB-MoPQyPGgsQYM8_EkkpaqV6hw8OQxLMcsNdS0OvOQOf3M49iByBC-bOGZnH7uI2DpTHwIKFvsJCNV_aaNwdz5EQodu7dm2qRl7w7vMDoYIv9jp5Df7Cbpdtb4WN91eJlSUG3eVM4My60PaxTe8FlDw0ATg2ixxkp2am_INhCBXYRwe1KzJ3vyMBuYshL32aDkKbQt-KlqytM6KkcGO-uQJouHO1ENbKDXrJ-v5IkGJ5DvG25Qz=w1320-h750-no
    Edited by kargen27 on August 2, 2017 7:44PM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    I got the free ones so I can port around a bit cheaper. They all have that cheapest fireplace and they must be broken, because I can't get the fire going.
    Edited by Bombashaman on August 2, 2017 7:50PM
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought Humblemud a while back. Yes it's small, but it's cosy and has modest exterior space suitable for my needs. I really, really like the charming vernacular feel and appearance of earth structures compared to the polite architectural influence prevalent in other racial styles. Still lots to do internally, and i'm trying to make as much furniture and content as I can. Part of the fun with Homestead for me is to create something from scratch, adding to and tweaking as I go.

Externally, i'm slowly transforming the outdoor space to include more plants befitting a herbalist. Small, narrow paths weave through the external space to try and provide some interest. This was a shot from a few months back;

WqOQKvD.jpg?1

I've got my eye on several other houses (Twin Arches; Snugpod) and i'm very interested in that 'Cosy Fenside Cottage' I have heard about.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A mix of the first two options. I'm happy with all houses, but could decorate them more.
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted earlier today, before this poll :)
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »
    I bought Humblemud a while back. Yes it's small, but it's cosy and has modest exterior space suitable for my needs. I really, really like the charming vernacular feel and appearance of earth structures compared to the polite architectural influence prevalent in other racial styles. Still lots to do internally, and i'm trying to make as much furniture and content as I can. Part of the fun with Homestead for me is to create something from scratch, adding to and tweaking as I go.

Externally, i'm slowly transforming the outdoor space to include more plants befitting a herbalist. Small, narrow paths weave through the external space to try and provide some interest. This was a shot from a few months back;

WqOQKvD.jpg?1

I've got my eye on several other houses (Twin Arches; Snugpod) and i'm very interested in that 'Cosy Fenside Cottage' I have heard about.

I like your home. Not a big fan of homes too big myself.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought one and I wanna buy more of them but I'm waiting for ZOS to increase the item limit.
    Edited by Leogon on August 8, 2017 8:25PM
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got myself the Twin Arches. Decoration will take some time, so far i only have some chairs and tabels, a little bit of light, a target dummy and all my collected pictures in there.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Necomis
    Necomis
    ✭✭✭
    I have not purchased one yet. If I do it will be already furnished and would tweak from there. Now my guild leader in SWTOR. She would be all over decorating and would probably want every house available.
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    I have all the free inn rooms and the jungle house and plan to buy some more. Only one inn room is fully furnished and the jungle house was a work in progress but it's been a couple months since I've worked on it.

I was really excited about housing at first but now I'm a little disappointed. I love decorating but the costs in gold and materials is really discouraging. The item limit is also a problem. I want to be able to fully decorate a house inside and out. We shouldn't have to decide whether to have an amazing interior or exterior.

I also wished it had more features and functions. I am not going to bother with crafting stations because I keep my most of my characters parked in Belkarth for crafting dailies and any sets that I need are not hard to reach (I just sell my Imperial City writs.) Test dummies don't interest me because the only character I run dungeons/trials with is a healer, and I rarely do those. I would really like to have at least some armor/weapon storage so that I could use my different sets to decorate with so I don't have to carry them everywhere.

Houses also need some life added to them. I would like to be able to have npcs cooking/cleaning/working around the house/yard. Maybe our pets and mounts could wander just a little bit. Everything just standing still just feels so boring.