The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blood-Forged Skin pulled from Bloodroot Forge

Audens
Audens
✭✭✭
You may ask how I know this.

For one, there's a Locked square in Collectibles. This usually only occurs for Collectibles obtainable outside the Crown Store.

sPSxGet.png

For two, one of the descriptions in the Crown Store for Horns of the Reach makes explicit mention of this skin.

txdn5qN.png

This leads me to believe the Blood-Forged skin was pulled from the Bloodroot Challenger achievement at the last moment and replaced with a mediocre hat. Not only is this shady, it's underselling a marked achievement.

You're better than this, ZOS.
unban my first account thanks
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, it seems they decided to pull out skin and sell it for crowns, as it was datamined.
    gp_crwn_skin_bloodforged_1x1.jpg
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soon, after completing the DLC-dungeon challenger achievement, we will be getting nothing but the opportunity to buy the skin (or something else) from the crown store...

And ZOS, your explanations from the last ESO Live of how you'd want us to be able to wear two collectibles from these two dungeons (skin and hat) at the same time are pretty lame.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue deserves more attention. Anyway, I think what happened was that they were originally going to sell the Shaman skin and let us earn the Blood-forged skin. And then they reversed it.

Why do I think this?

First, as your screenshot shows, the promotional text says "costume and skin" (not "skins"), and it names the Blood-forged skin with no mention of the Shaman skin. So it was probably going to be just the hat and the Blood-forged skin.

Second, before earning the skin, this is what my skins tab looks like:
    qQBdx8w.png

Note that it shows the Blood-forged skin, but as locked, which suggests that Blood-forged is supposed to be unlockable via gameplay. Note also that the Shaman skin is not shown.

After I earned the Shaman skin on the PTS, this is what the screen looks like:
    3pIU50J.png

Note now that the Shaman skin was added as an entirely new entry, instead of an existing locked entry being unlocked. This suggests that maybe the Shaman skin was going to be Crown Store originally?

So my guess is that they reversed the two. Why? Maybe because the Shaman skin is hideous. I can't imagine myself ever wearing it. So they decided to put the better-looking one in the Crown Store. (Plus, that hat makes more sense as a reward from Falkreath than from Bloodroot.)

In any case, it's extremely disappointing that they're making a cool skin like that a Crown Store purchase instead of something achievable in-game. And left the achievement hunters with the scraps. Very, very disappointed with the direction that was taken here.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Finn
    Edited by code65536 on July 12, 2017 2:12PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so .. pugs ... or new players ... will be able to wear this awesome skin ? Whether they buy the dlc or not ... horrible ...
    Edited by Apherius on July 12, 2017 2:15PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yuck. Achievement associated skins was/is an awesome idea, putting clearly achievement associated skin in crown store is awful and insulting to all the players who will complete these dungeons' challenges - yet won't have the skin, unlike some level 6 rich kids who will.

Please sell OTHER skins in crown store. I'm sure there're heaps of skins you can come up with, no need to shove achievement associated ones in there.
    Edited by Magdalina on July 12, 2017 4:24PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Yuck. Achievement associated skins was/is an awesome idea, putting clearly achievement associated skin in crown store is awful and insulting to all the players who will complete these dungeons' challenges - yet won't have the skin, unlike some level 6 rich kids who will.

Please sell OTHER skins in crown store. I'm sure there're heaps of skins you can come up with, no need to shove achievement associates ones in there.

I agree.
    And they dont even have to design a new skin, they could just sell a "skin" that hides vampirism :)
    Im sure many players would buy it.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is true then it's really sad...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please sell OTHER skins in crown store. I'm sure there're heaps of skins you can come up with, no need to shove achievement associates ones in there.

I agree.
    And they dont even have to design a new skin, they could just sell a "skin" that hides vampirism :)

<offtopic> Or, better yet, don't change the character appearance when someone is a vampire but instead unlock a vampirism skin that the character can use when they become a vampire. </offtopic>

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coming in September: Dro'm-athra skin for only 8K crowns. Those who beat vMoL will get a striped ogre skin instead.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Robby94
    Robby94
    ✭✭✭
    I seen this and thought the same, it appears dlc costumes,skins and item are being cut out and sold in the crown store instead of being included with dlc and eso plus, remember the amount of collectibles that came with imperial city, orsinium. You got skins, pets and costumes

Do zos think people are blind? Atleast have the decency to admit they changed their policy on whats included in their dlcs. I love the game but its hard to ignore its money grabbing tactics.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shaman skin is *** ugly... this bloodforge skin deserves to be earned as a In-game achievement and not with your wallet
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

I agree.

<offtopic> Or, better yet, don't change the character appearance when someone is a vampire but instead unlock a vampirism skin that the character can use when they become a vampire. </offtopic>

If Verandis can do it I want to too ):

This ... makes sense from a business standpoint as it's clearly the more appealing of the two skins, but it still sucks that it was clearly designed for the Bloodroot Forge Challenger achievement. And as someone who hides her helmet 90% of the time... pppprobably never gonna wear the hat.

Also with Morrowind we got a pet, multiple costumes, tattoos, a skin, and a personality, so that's not a valid argument. They cut out this skin, but I don't think they're moving collectibles out of the DLCs entirely.

I'd really like it if this was reconsidered, although I highly, highly doubt it will be. How about a compromise of one skin per dungeon and the hat as a reward for completing both like the Necrotic Hoarvor was for IC? That way you could show that you conquered both, and be able to show the skin of your choice.

... Please?

Edited by rhapsodious on July 12, 2017 5:25PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when cosmetics attached to a DLC were just part of the purchase price of the DLC?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree.

I don't need it, but it should be an option. More appropriately a "skin" unlocks at reaching "master vampire" rank perhaps?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference, this is the skin that we can earn in-game. It's... disappointing.
    1BOrmIO.png

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audens wrote: »
    a mediocre hat

Hey now, that hat is bloody fantastic.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trial-themed mounts have been crown purchases since last year. This isn't a new direction.
    Last year both skins were included with the DLC achievements, this year one is... next year neither? Right?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference, this is the skin that we can earn in-game. It's... disappointing.
    1BOrmIO.png

Can you make a small male bosmer with the wedding suit and that skin?
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 12, 2017 6:33PM
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Splotchy feet! Why are they continuing splotchy skins! raaaaaaaaugh

I like the tattoos, but the ... skin texture? could be a little less rough. If it was smooth, I think I'd like it a lot more.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    so .. pugs ... or new players ... will be able to wear this awesome skin ? Whether they buy the dlc or not ... horrible ...
    If you're that insecure and really need to show off your e-peen, just could just wear the titles. I have the other skins and I don't even wear them 'cuz 1. I have nothing to prove and 2. Most of them are ugly. ZOS can put them all in the crown store for all I care.

8841bcd5ccdd0866bebb3a60d5f01cc3--funny-spider-spider-meme.jpg
    Edited by Leogon on July 13, 2017 3:26PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People wear skins precisely because the want to show off a difficult achievement. And costumes because some of the dropped gear looks as if it was picked from a dumpster, even when made legendary and dyed. Paying 2K crown for a skin or whatever they will sell it for is lame.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here I've been since beta, just waiting for another in-game mount...

924bd.jpg
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    1BOrmIO.png

I heard tiny and adorable is the new thing in town ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the skin on my stamblade:
    wRHiIzK.png

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that skin is horrible and a total rip off of this guy:
    sawpuppet.jpg
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 1st they wanted to give us 1 different skin for completing different dungeon. Blood forged was supposed to be reward for Bloofroot Forge and Dreahorn Shaman Skin for completing Falkhreth Hold but they said on last Eso Live that they want people to be able to show that they completed both dungeons so there will be one skin and one hat so You can wear rewards for completing both dungeons in the same time and show this to the world. So I assume they just tooked Blood Forged skin and replaced it with hat for that reasons because Blood Forged looks better so it'll gain more money in crown store then shaman one.
  • Robby94
    Robby94
    ✭✭✭
    Also if you look at the datamined crown store items that hat looks like it was part of a set, theres a similar one in there.
    Naturally the skin would sell better than the hat so they swapped them.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love they are alternating skins for the crown store and in game trophies.

So that one you actually want you can buy one that you would wear.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    Apherius wrote: »
    If you're that insecure and really need to show off your e-peen, just could just wear the titles. I have the other skins and I don't even wear them 'cuz 1. I have nothing to prove and 2. Most of them are ugly. ZOS could put them all in the crown store for all I care.

8841bcd5ccdd0866bebb3a60d5f01cc3--funny-spider-spider-meme.jpg

Exactly. I don't understand why people care so much about what others have and if they actually earned them or not. I feel the crown store is actually lacking skins. The game should have a balance of earned and purchased collectibles to cater to everyone.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the skin on my stamblade:
    wRHiIzK.png

He looks like he wants to play a lil game