The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Blood-Forged Skin pulled from Bloodroot Forge

• Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehhhh.

I honestly don't mind buyable skins. For, you know, as long as you can't buy Dro'Matra, Fabrication, Amberplasm, etc. If some are only obtainable through some in-game achievement and some are, therefore, only buyable - why the hell not? I do however have a huge problem with another thing.

ZoS, for everything that is good and holy, MAKE "GLOWING EYES" EFFECT OF ABILITIES (LIKE BOUND AEGIS) TOGGABLE! I mean, we have Fabrication Sheath and now this one. I adore golden eyes of Sheath and eyes in Bloodforged look awesome too. But freaking Bound Aegis always hides my eyes when I'm in Sheath :cry: It will also hide eyes here.

Your cool skins are kinda crippled with Bound Aegis :cry: So please, give us an option to turn "glowing eyes effect" of abilities off.
    Edited by Dantaria on July 12, 2017 10:41PM
    English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wallets ready
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great *** job, Zenimax. Your greed knows no limits.
    You can take your hat and shove it deep into your wazoo.

Edited by Anhedonie on July 13, 2017 2:32PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip off machinery ongoing. and people will buy...
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You realize that the skin could just be part of a collector's edition dlc package. That is very much in line with things they have done in the past. Does nobody remember the Imperial City Collector's DLC with the Mind Shriven skin? That was before any four man content even dropped a skin.
    Edited by BigBragg on July 13, 2017 4:16PM
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very disturbing decision but then again this kind of behaviour is expected from a company like ZOS.

In a way I find it insulting to the player-base too, like no one would notice if they just swap them around without saying a word.

Anyway I won't be buying the DLC because the rewards are awful and I'm surely not gonna buy the skin from the crown store after being treated like idiots.

GG ZOS.

(to clarify I don't actually care about the skin itself, it's more just about the greed and trying to squeeze money out of every possible way, even if it affects the enjoyment of players in the game)

• Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other thread was closed, so I'll just copy-paste my answer regarding to this issue here:

I fail to see what's the problem here. Now that people (who also paid for the game and many have an active sub too) who cannot afford to have the time and patience to be many hours practicing for end-game content, can get a merely cosmetic item (not P2W), the "pro's" complain.
    Pro's already have four skins to brag and show off, It's unfair to try to deprive others ("deerty casuls") from a nice skin just because they want to be the only ones to have them to show the world how "elite and special" they are.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trend is clear. ZOS is steering away from skill based achievements. If you're going to please the casual masses why not go all in. For ZOS this is a win win - less whining that the game is too hard and more cash through the crown store. They may be bad at fixing stuff but they sure aren't when it comes to squeezing every drop.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread OP. So there are no useful sets and the only cool looking reward was pulled and replaced with a hat? This is sad. At least redesign that Shaman skin for god's sake. It looks worse than vampirism on stage 4.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also find it funny that on ESO live they were saying "You can wear the skin and the mask at the same time" like it was actually their intention, and not just an excuse to cover up their shady tactics of squeezing casuals dry and leaving more hardcore players with nothing to play for.

I mean come on now, the MoL skin already makes your character look pretty similar to everyone else, but I let it slide because you can still kinda make your character a little bit unique.

Why in god's name would I want to walk around with a skull mask on that looks LITERALLY IDENTICAL to every other person who is wearing it?

• supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't people just be happy with gaining a title for an achievement?, is that not in itself enough? More power to ZOS if they want to crown store skins at least everyone has a personal choice in whether they buy it/them or not and lets face it its about time there was skins in there.

Furthermore whether it was pulled from a reward and put in Crown store is pretty irrelevant at the moment seeing as it's PTS, now if it was on live and then pulled to crown store then folks would have a valid arguement. I can't see what the fuss is about, unless... ahhhhhh exclusivity!
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    For reference, this is the skin that we can earn in-game. It's... disappointing.
    1BOrmIO.png

Make the eyes black and it looks like that species from Star Trek Into Darkness. I think that skin is pretty cool. Would be ideal if you could get a skin from each dungeon, just like with SotH, but whatever. They are a Company that wants and needs to make money after all, I'm fine with having one skin for achievements, one for money. It's the same thing we had with the Events, one motif for free, one in crownstore. I think it's a fair deal. However what is totally not fair is misleading advertisement.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty low of them. The skin should be earnable just like for the other DLC dungeons.
  • Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Can you make a small male bosmer with the wedding suit and that skin?

Here's the skin on my stamblade:
    wRHiIzK.png

Hey Code, can you make a dunmer with the dark shaman costume in purple? with the Jester Personality and /idle2 emote. Preferably in Belkarth next to the guy that says "wanna cry me a river? go ahead"

Thx mate :P
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone post the hat? I wonder what it looks like, so far I see 0 reason to buy that DLC...
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Edited by UrbanMonk on July 15, 2017 10:38AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stania wrote: »
    The other thread was closed, so I'll just copy-paste my answer regarding to this issue here:

I fail to see what's the problem here. Now that people (who also paid for the game and many have an active sub too) who cannot afford to have the time and patience to be many hours practicing for end-game content, can get a merely cosmetic item (not P2W), the "pro's" complain.
    Pro's already have four skins to brag and show off, It's unfair to try to deprive others ("deerty casuls") from a nice skin just because they want to be the only ones to have them to show the world how "elite and special" they are.

In this case it's less about nice skin and more of it being a clearly dungeon related skin. They have sold skins in Crown Store before and can keep doing so, I think they have very creative and capable artists who I believe can easily make up dozens of skins that do not look like they're pulled right from a specific dungeon reward and into Crown Store.
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    For reference, this is the skin that we can earn in-game. It's... disappointing.
    1BOrmIO.png

Make the eyes black and it looks like that species from Star Trek Into Darkness. I think that skin is pretty cool. Would be ideal if you could get a skin from each dungeon, just like with SotH, but whatever. They are a Company that wants and needs to make money after all, I'm fine with having one skin for achievements, one for money. It's the same thing we had with the Events, one motif for free, one in crownstore. I think it's a fair deal. However what is totally not fair is misleading advertisement.

that skin....eugh its so,

fugly lol
    Edited by SSlarg on July 15, 2017 10:40PM
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complete Halls of Fabrication - earn the ugly Fabrication Sheathe skin.
    Visit the Crown Store (in the future) for the cool Ebony Epidermis skin.

Complete Horns of the Reach dungeons - earn the ugly Shaman skin.
    Visit the Crown Store (in the future) for the awesome Blood-Forged skin.

ZOS has great artists on their team. Purposely putting ugly skins as hard-earned rewards from DLC content, and then cooler skins as purely Crown Store-purchaseable is a very bad practice.

Maybe they wanted the skins to look terrible so Vet trial carries would be a lot less common, since it was so popular with the Dromathra skin? Perhaps they saw the large market and would rather people pay 3K+ Crowns to them for the "cool" skin instead of millions of Gold for a carry. Idk.

This case is different though. The Bloodroot Forge "Blood-Forged" skin was a clear rip off from intended dungeon rewards. It's getting harder and harder to respect this company (I doubt they care anyway).
    Edited by Vaoh on July 16, 2017 2:34AM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that's weak.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audens wrote: »
    You're better than this, ZOS.

I highlighted this part, because I could not agree with it less. ZOS has for the last year, or however long it was since they implemented crown crates, shown a penchant for focusing on making money rather than enjoyable content. Don't get me wrong, I do think both rewards for the achievement collections in Horns of the Reach are nice, but I am absolutely disgusted with this behaviour, especially when the skin itself is being used as a selling point. ESO is reaching a point where soon all the cosmetic rewards you want are only accessible through the crown store, and there are barely any incentives to play the game. As an example there are only 4 mounts available ingame without using the crown store, that's pretty f**king sad if you ask me.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is so poor :/
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bet this will be added to Crown Crates like the special mounts - very rare drop that you can't acquire with crown gems
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    they could just sell a "skin" that hides vampirism :)
    Im sure many players would buy it.

I cannot tell you how fast I would buy this
  • Aionna
    Aionna
    ✭✭✭
    Blood-Forged skin might be in Collector's Edition bundle for Horns of the Reach.

They should improve shaman skin and make it more appealing.

• Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have a photo of a character with bloodforge skin? I want it for my DK
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, I wish they'd add more skins to the crown store.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, I wish they'd add more skins to the crown store.

Not at the expense of in-game skins.

In-game skins motivate completion of content as well as give people rewards that they don't need to spend real money on (it's not like this game isn't already monetised enough).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 21, 2017 5:28AM
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    ZO$ is shameless no doubt about that.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was there any skin in crown store? I thought they were exclusives for finishing very hard content (vMoL, vCoS, vRoM), or having infinite patience in the case of the Soul Shriven one. IMO skins should be kept as part of the DLCs, but you should work to get them once you buy the DLC. They shouldn't become mere participation prizes or even lower than that.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |