The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 15 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets, Monster Masks & General Itemization

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Domihaus should 100% be the full circle. Yet again melee ranged classes get screwed over by it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ryanoxx
    Ryanoxx
    ✭✭✭
    Will the set Flame Blossom have a nirn 1h sword ? If not I dont get why its on the pts. Its the same like with amberplasm back then when it was in impen on the pts and wasnt available with impen on live server for a long time. Because why should we do builds which arent available on the live server?
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a 1 piece monster bonus that gives spell penetration yet?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EarthGore set will be overpowered next patch; its going to be also make 24man zerg groups Incredibly overtuned as well.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    EarthGore set will be overpowered next patch; its going to be also make 24man zerg groups Incredibly overtuned as well.

Probably. This is the sort of thing PTS cant test so unfortunately it's not likely going to change.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lunar BAstion

Still bringing this up, it still lacks since its introduction with thieves guild, heres why.

1. The shields should stack, if u take no dmg the first 2 seconds the shieldeffect should stack and so on. Would make it way more usefull.

2. Minor Aegis: Megafail, due to the way mitigation is calculated. Change Minor aegis to be the first thing that mitigates dmg.
    This way you would make minor aegis way more usefull (and behaving on the same lvl as minor slayer).
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno IronBlood is amazing, just what the meaty tanks in the game need! The slow down speed is of course punishment for reward but I agree it should be reduced slightly 75% is a LOT, 50% or so I could live with or the reverse of major expedition perhaps ? 30%...The debuff % aside, I LOVE this set so much.Chunky tank ftw!

The effects are especially cool though...slow motion with high damage mitigation coated in silver? The terminator soundtrack plays in the background while I slowly walk through armies of mobs taking no damage muhahaha!
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xynode wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno IronBlood is amazing, just what the meaty tanks in the game need! The slow down speed is of course punishment for reward but I agree it should be reduced slightly 75% is a LOT, 50% or so I could live with or the reverse of major expedition perhaps ? 30%...The debuff % aside, I LOVE this set so much.Chunky tank ftw!

The effects are especially cool though...slow motion with high damage mitigation coated in silver? The terminator soundtrack plays in the background while I slowly walk through armies of mobs taking no damage muhahaha!

I was loving this set too, pretty fun rolling around in my warden with this stuff on, until I touched that lava at the end of Bloodroot Forge and it activated.. thats a death sentence in in this set
    love is love
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Maw of the Infernal is still completely useless.
    With the changes to shadowrend to only proc on damage received, maw of the infernal still is very useless because:
    -Shadowrend procs more often and has a much better uptime because it can't die
    -Shadowrends damage is stronger for magicka builds after the Patch because it deals magic damage that will be increased by cp
    -When shadowrend procs it immediately runs very fast to one enemy and attacks it. So the lifetime of Shadowrend looks something like that:
    1s.spawns
    2s.charges to one enemy and starts attacking
    3-9s.attacks the enemy, if enemy dies looks for next target
    9-15s. Attacks the first enemy or the new target
    15s. Despawns
    Will spawn again in 2-8 sec
    While Maw of the infernal's lifetime looks more like this
    1s. Spawns
    2-4s. Looks for an enemy and walks to them very slowly
    5-8s. Gets cc'd and doesn't break free
    9s. Attacks once
    10s. Dies in AoE or from the enemy
    With good luck it'll spawn again in 15 seconds in pvp even more

There is no reason to pick Maw of the infernal for many reasons: it dies too fast, deals not enough damage, has a useless 1pc bonus, only procs on LA/HA with a low chance, can be cc'd, is too slow when attacking an enemy

These are buffs the set deserves to be viable for certain builds:
    - Deadroth is now immune to CC's
    - Deadroth gets the new attacks from overland deadroths ( ranged flame bomb, aoe earthquake with knock back)
    - Deals only fire damage instead of physical and fire damage
    - When the deadroth is killed (not regular despawn) it explodes for 7k flame damage in an 6m radius
    - procs on damage done !!!! (Most important change
    prefer if it stayed mainly physical damage while shadow rend stayed magic based.Got a stam pet build(bit of a joke right now).it should have all the overland moves,be cc immune and proc on damage done.that or make it spawn 2 daedroths(like the final dungeon boss does).1 piece health is quite good how it is atm
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the Ironblood set bonus to proc after a full heavy attack instead of a random chance. The random chance to be snared makes it a liability on fights that require mobility like in Maw or HRC. Having it proc on a heavy attack allows the tank to decide when to apply Ironblood, which rewards those who learn the boss attack patterns instead of just permablocking.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For Draugr’s Rest set, 5 meters is way too small to consider using it, everything under 8-10 meters for a circle of healing is useless.
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is with Sets like trainee and shacklebreaker or draugr hulk and nectopotence in the light of the change to 2-4 piece max stats increase? I fear that the first two will further loose value while the latter become too strong. Or are there any changes to them?

I'm not on the pts, not enough space left so i couldn't see for myself.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    and while we got Engine AI fixed, can we also get fix of its visual effect
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/303160/engine-guardian-visual-bug#latest
    Because Morrowind's patchnotes stating that it was fixed is a lie.
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can the team please look at ways to make the Sentinel of Rkugamz set more viable? I would really like to use this set on all of my healers, however in it's current state it is a little wonky.

Positive changes / issues I found include:
    - Issue: Delay on dwemer spider from when it appears to when it start its healing
    - Issue: Dwemer spider can be interrupted and thus nullified
    - Change: Better player targeting which would place spider at the highest concentration of allies or stam based allies.
    - Change: Reducing the cool down. my testing reveals the 15 sec cool down starts after the spider dies
    - Change: Radius of effect increase from 8 m to 10 meters would make it more versatile

This is a set that in the Morrowind update should be a very strong competitor to other sets and a very valuable asset when it comes to Healers or tanks due to resource management and healing. It is the great set in theory but has some issues that reduce its effectiveness and make it to wonky to put to good use. Please consider some of the proposed changes, would love to see this set used more often!
    Edited by hesobad on July 30, 2017 1:45PM
    Ad Victoriam!
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore Monster Set STILL bugged and proccs at 99% health despite the claims in last week´s patch notes that it was supposed to be fixed.
    Edited by Thraben on July 31, 2017 5:12PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno

Just some general feedback. It appears there is some inconsistency with how weapon enchantments are impacted by Torug's Pact set bonus and the Infused weapon trait. The set bonus does not impact Maelstrom weapons, although it does impact Master weapons, will this be fixed in the new patch?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by Jitterbug on August 1, 2017 7:19PM
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    mzdarsky wrote: »
    Defense is very powerful in Cyrodiil. We just got through a meta of unkillable tanks, the resto and 1H&Shield ultimate are really good, impreg and wizard's riposte armor is strong and easily available.

As a heavy cyrodil player and watcher. I would say I 100% agree with this. If I was ZOS I would like to request a nerf on everyone's ability to heal so well and instead maybe add 4k to everyones starting health. So people don't instant die and also battles don't last forever. The DK tanks with troll king is insane and ZOS if you haven't seen the video of the guy with 3 sets that basically make him use resto ult non-stop as he can survive a Zerg of 50 high cp players you should. There are people right now that are pretty much unkillable and even if they don't really output damage it ruins battlegrounds and cyrodil. People should only be unkillable if they have a healer behind them and you don't kill the healer. Right now these tanks can self heal.

This patch might just further strengthen the tank meta that is going on right now, so I think adding starting health and nerfing vigor, resto ult, and healing received could be very helpful and even out the meta

As a stam nb cat, vigor is the ONLY legit healing source, and you want that nerfed? It's not that strong as-is (even with cp factored in) and needs a buff in output with a reduction in stam requirement.

Not that anyone cares, but if these nerfs coming in take the tiny shred of fun that's barely left in the game, OUT of the game, I'm personally done with this game. Nerfing PvE sets will NOT make the 500th trip in a vet dungeon "fun" or bearable (pen nerfs will hurt here) and I suspect less and less will bother with undaunted pledges when they realize it's taking twice as long to do a Wayrest II vet.

Not sure what the goal here is, but if you care at ALL about player retention, I'd be very careful with how much fat you trim when the fat is the only thing holding the meat together...... because these "nerfs" are alienating a core group of players.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesobad wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can the team please look at ways to make the Sentinel of Rkugamz set more viable? I would really like to use this set on all of my healers, however in it's current state it is a little wonky.

Positive changes / issues I found include:
    - Issue: Delay on dwemer spider from when it appears to when it start its healing
    - Issue: Dwemer spider can be interrupted and thus nullified
    - Change: Better player targeting which would place spider at the highest concentration of allies or stam based allies.
    - Change: Reducing the cool down. my testing reveals the 15 sec cool down starts after the spider dies
    - Change: Radius of effect increase from 8 m to 10 meters would make it more versatile

This is a set that in the Morrowind update should be a very strong competitor to other sets and a very valuable asset when it comes to Healers or tanks due to resource management and healing. It is the great set in theory but has some issues that reduce its effectiveness and make it to wonky to put to good use. Please consider some of the proposed changes, would love to see this set used more often!

The problem/bug I noticed with the Sentinel of Rkugamz set is where the Dwemer Spider spawns. After using this set a few times, there seems to be a slight delay between the time the Dwemer spider is 'triggered' and when it actually spawns. The problem is that it seems to spawn at the location the player was at the time the Dwemer Spider was triggered (even if the player is no longer there by the time it actually spawns). The fix would be to have it spawn by the person wearing the set (the tooltip says it heals YOU and your allies within 5 meters ...).
    Edited by Maryal on August 7, 2017 12:30AM
  • overclocker303b14_ESO
    Scathing Mage could use a slight buff after the fix to twisting path. Maybe make the proc % 25 instead of 20? Nothing too drastic requested but it drops in one of the hardest dungeons in the game and should be better than Julianos (at least for Nightblades and Templars, who could use a bit of a buff anyway).
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #NerfProc

Turn off or reduce.the damn proc set damage in PvP please. Or only allow Monster procs no double ups.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • CastaLyron
    CastaLyron
    ✭✭
    The 5 piece nerf for necropotence was uncalled for. Even without it - due to buffing other sets, necro would have been on par or slightly less desirable.
    With the 5 piece nerf necropotence will be a set nobody will use, because other sets is much better.
    I think the nerf was clearly an overreaction. You should calculate on total buff vs other sets... try and make your own calculation and you will see it for yourself. (PVE point of view)
  • overclocker303b14_ESO
    Also have a couple of more items:

1. Was the 5 piece crit bonus on the Infallible Mage set increased to 1066? I didn't get a chance to check on PTS but if it wasn't it should be.

2. The buffs to leviathan and mothers sorrow were nice, but since you increased those sets I'd argue you should also increase the 5 piece bonus on the Berserking Warrior set.
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the buffs to Leviathan (giving a flat 2470 crit on the last bonus), Berserking Warrior has been made undesirable.
    • When you deal melee damage, your Critical Strike rating is increased by 400 for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. (2000)

During a fight, your crit would increase to be higher than the constant Leviathan bonus. Now, it is is 470 fewer for a set you have to stack. This contrasts with Twice-Fanged Serpent which provides 5000 penetration when stacked, compared to the flat value of 3250 on Spriggan's Thorns.
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Praeficere wrote: »
    With the buffs to Leviathan (giving a flat 2470 crit on the last bonus), Berserking Warrior has been made undesirable.
    • When you deal melee damage, your Critical Strike rating is increased by 400 for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. (2000)

During a fight, your crit would increase to be higher than the constant Leviathan bonus. Now, it is is 470 fewer for a set you have to stack. This contrasts with Twice-Fanged Serpent which provides 5000 penetration when stacked, compared to the flat value of 3250 on Spriggan's Thorns.

Agreed, should at least be 15% crit on the 5-piece. Is there robust jewellery though? I heard there was but I've never seen any...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just linking my magicka dps set comparison thread here in hopes of dev attention:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/365185/magicka-dps-set-bonus-comparison-math/p1

I believe, based on my calculations, that the Necropotence nerf was not needed and should either be reverted back to 4000 or at very least changed to 3450 to match the nerf to Spinner's.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    Just linking my magicka dps set comparison thread here in hopes of dev attention:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/365185/magicka-dps-set-bonus-comparison-math/p1

I believe, based on my calculations, that the Necropotence nerf was not needed and should either be reverted back to 4000 or at very least changed to 3450 to match the nerf to Spinner's.

It would be nice to see a dev comment in that thread. Otherwise what is the point of the PTS forum? The dev feedback this PTS cycle has beem pretty slim.
    PC-NA
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »

It would be nice to see a dev comment in that thread. Otherwise what is the point of the PTS forum? The dev feedback this PTS cycle has beem pretty slim.

Indeed. How awesome would it be if the dev actually responsible for the desicion to nerf the Necro 5th piece by 850 would chime in to discuss how they arrived at that number and what they think of my work. I would happily be proven wrong* if it came from the horse's mouth.

Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno Do you think we could have one or two devs responsible for the itemization changes come on ESO Live and give a walk through of how they determined the set changes? I'm speaking more of the numerical reductions like Spinners, Necro, Amber Plasm, Plague Doctor, etc. The work on the proc sets to make them more reactionary is obvious and doesn't call for any explanation.

*By "proven wrong" I mean shown that the nerf still leaves Necro in a strong enough place to be as or more desirable than other magicka dps sets. I certainly respect that it is not a terrible set, even with the nerf, but if it is surpassed far enough by other sets, especially ones that don't have conditions, then the incentive to use Necro seems to be quite diminished.
    Edited by dpencil1 on August 12, 2017 12:07AM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Indeed. How awesome would it be if the dev actually responsible for the desicion to nerf the Necro 5th piece by 850 would chime in to discuss how they arrived at that number and what they think of my work. I would happily be proven wrong* if it came from the horse's mouth.

Hey ZOS_GinaBruno Do you think we could have one or two devs responsible for the itemization changes come on ESO Live and give a walk through of how they determined the set changes? I'm speaking more of the numerical reductions like Spinners, Necro, Amber Plasm, Plague Doctor, etc. The work on the proc sets to make them more reactionary is obvious and doesn't call for any explanation.

*By "proven wrong" I mean shown that the nerf still leaves Necro in a strong enough place to be as or more desirable than other magicka dps sets. I certainly respect that it is not a terrible set, even with the nerf, but if it is surpassed far enough by other sets, especially ones that don't have conditions, then the incentive to use Necro seems to be quite diminished.

You are so dense when it comes to this issue :D The point of the nerf was to diminish the incentive to use Necro. The set was increasing resource pool and defense of every magicka build yet offered enough damage to be on par with sets that do just that - increase damage.
    With the buffs and the condition not being a burden anymore it was simply overperforming. Use that math of yours and 'math out' the value of 5th piece compared to other sets. 4k magicka is more than 300 damage or 2470 crit.
    Edited by SodanTok on August 12, 2017 1:42AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Quick question before anybody tries to prove you wrong by your required standards...

does your math factor in the boosts to shields that a maxmagica based set provides or the boosts to pets that a maxmagica set provides as well as just looking at the DPS tallies in whatever set-piece abstract you choose to imagine? or is it just seen through DPS colored glasses?

If not, can you allow that for some if necro "needs to be this" conclusion (match close enough the other DPS sets output) AND on top of that also had the shield thingy ignored then the proof may not be in that narrow portion of the pudding but more in the whole dessert including the shield cake and the pets whipped topping as well?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."